Author Topic: The RAWK Film Thread  (Read 3519255 times)

Offline Igor Tripod Biscan

• Got it, got off it, got on with it. Is rice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
Re: The RAWK Film Thread
« Reply #42520 on: May 27, 2016, 07:06:05 am »
Films like this nonsense..it's all good..I wanna see something..you can wait boy... ;D

Just upped on IPT.

Eddie The Eagle 2016 HDRip XviD AC3-EVO

Surprisingly its been up there a while

A hollywoodified story of Edwards leaving out a ton of facts to streamline the narrative.  Taron Egerton does a really good job (Jackman is the archetypal reluctant drink addled trainer) - Take it for what it is, I really enjoyed it.  Its like a cool runnings re-imagining with one British bloke instead of 4 Jamaicans
Liverpool is the pool of life.
Carl Jung, 1961.  Alan Partridge didn't ask for a second season you meff

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #42521 on: May 27, 2016, 11:59:09 am »
These last few months have been pretty shit for movies IMO
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #42522 on: May 27, 2016, 02:38:22 pm »

A hollywoodified story of Edwards leaving out a ton of facts to streamline the narrative.  Taron Egerton does a really good job (Jackman is the archetypal reluctant drink addled trainer) - Take it for what it is, I really enjoyed it.  Its like a cool runnings re-imagining with one British bloke instead of 4 Jamaicans
It's a up without the hc the original had...still not watching it though.
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #42523 on: May 27, 2016, 02:39:39 pm »
This has been upped....another one I won't be watching.

Hardcore Henry 2016 HC 720p HDRip X264 AC3-EVO

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #42524 on: May 27, 2016, 02:59:19 pm »
It's a up without the hc the original had...still not watching it though.
I genuinely enjoyed it. Eddie's mum in it is the mum from This is England, added a real warmth to the film.

I think you'd be pleasantly surprised if you did decide to watch it.....which I know you won't lol

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #42525 on: May 27, 2016, 03:02:55 pm »
I genuinely enjoyed it. Eddie's mum in it is the mum from This is England, added a real warmth to the film.

I think you'd be pleasantly surprised if you did decide to watch it.....which I know you won't lol
You a sneaky one la...you can't see the end of that sentence till you quote. ;D

I might give it look then...but I will hold you responsible. ;D

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #42526 on: May 27, 2016, 03:21:34 pm »
You a sneaky one la...you can't see the end of that sentence till you quote. ;D

I might give it look then...but I will hold you responsible. ;D
Do it! There's a warmth and nostalgia there that you wouldn't have thought possible given the 2nd lead...I really enjoyed it but I had drunk several beers at that point ;D ;D ;D ;D :wave

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #42527 on: May 27, 2016, 03:31:54 pm »
These last few months have been pretty shit for movies IMO

Yeah 2016 is shaping up to be the worst year for films in a long time based on the first 5 months.

Probably the weakest awards season for years and so far the summer blockbusters have been pretty poor (save for Captain America)

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #42528 on: May 27, 2016, 04:48:49 pm »
Keanu 2016 HC HDRip XviD AC3-EVO

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #42529 on: May 27, 2016, 04:56:51 pm »
I fucking just watched fucking "Deadpool."

How you lot can tolerate fucking Ryan Reynolds is one of the great mysteries of the universe. Maybe I'm just too old or something, but that guy puts the "unt" in "c*nt."
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline gerrardsarmy

• Wouldn't say no to a spanking
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42530 on: May 27, 2016, 05:39:24 pm »

Fun fact - The Eddie the Eagle story happened at the same Olympics as the debut of the Jamaican sled team portrayed in Cool Runnings.
“I always think that there’s something unpleasant lurking in people who avoid drinking, gambling, table-talk and pretty women. People like that are either sick or secretly hate their fellow-men.”

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #42531 on: May 27, 2016, 07:42:08 pm »
Do it! There's a warmth and nostalgia there that you wouldn't have thought possible given the 2nd lead...I really enjoyed it but I had drunk several beers at that point ;D ;D ;D ;D :wave
Hmmm..how many pints la....fuckin hell!!

It was ok I suppose..deffo won't get a re watch though.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #42532 on: May 27, 2016, 07:43:37 pm »

How you lot can tolerate fucking Ryan Reynolds is one of the great mysteries of the universe. Maybe I'm just too old or something, but that guy puts the "unt" in "c*nt."
Oh, you a arl moaner-even a curmudgeonly c*nt like me was amused by Deadpool...told you before...you and Jon Snow.. ;D

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42533 on: May 27, 2016, 08:37:11 pm »

Can't stand him either. Deadpool is supposed to be a bit of a wanker of a character anyway, so it sort of suits him.

Offline Narwin Dunez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42534 on: May 27, 2016, 08:40:25 pm »
Watched Filth the other night.

Great film, a solid 8/10

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #42535 on: May 27, 2016, 09:09:00 pm »
Fun fact - The Eddie the Eagle story happened at the same Olympics as the debut of the Jamaican sled team portrayed in Cool Runnings.

Hence the reference (as well as the sentiment and tone of the piece)

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42536 on: May 28, 2016, 04:05:06 am »
Just watched 10 Cloverfield Lane

It was decent, but it really didn't need to be a Cloverfield film, it just fell off a cliff at the end.

5/10
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #42537 on: May 28, 2016, 09:53:51 am »

He is unbearable but he was bearable in Deadpool.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42538 on: May 29, 2016, 11:35:41 am »
Anyone else having trouble getting onto iptorrent? not loading for me at all.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42539 on: May 29, 2016, 12:04:19 pm »
Anyone else having trouble getting onto iptorrent? not loading for me at all.

Yeah it's been down for me all week, hoping it gets sorted for tomorrow as it's my main source of GoT.

Edit: Check the torrents thread, it's got some solutions.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=198565.3960
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 12:11:47 pm by Schmidt »

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42540 on: May 29, 2016, 12:52:46 pm »
Yeah it's been down for me all week, hoping it gets sorted for tomorrow as it's my main source of GoT.

Edit: Check the torrents thread, it's got some solutions.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=198565.3960

Just installed zenmate on chrome, working fine now :thumbup

Cheers mate.

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #42541 on: May 29, 2016, 10:22:06 pm »
Hardcore Henry was boss - I loved it. I know it is gimmicky and cheesy, but it is one of the best action films that I have seen in beards.

Spoiler
Of course, it is all about Sharlito Thingio - he is a very good actor. Dunno if this is a spoiler or not, but he plays a British Tommy and it is well good; I found myself laughing at the tiniest of things. In a battle scene, he cocks his leg to get stability and I don't know why, but I laughed out loud in a way that I haven't in a while. He really is a good actor and he strings the plot together very well indeed; wondered if he had some input on his characters, because each one is so well formed.
[close]

Thought it was quality - the best Sci-Fi/Action film in ages in my opinion. 
Continually on 11,420.

Offline Skidder.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #42542 on: May 29, 2016, 10:25:15 pm »
Also, The Man From Earth is getting a sequel.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You may say I'm a Dreamer
« Reply #42543 on: May 29, 2016, 10:31:09 pm »
Also, The Man From Earth is getting a sequel.

Really? I really liked it and found it fascinating...but not sure a sequel would work.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively - Bob Marley

Offline Skidder.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #42544 on: May 29, 2016, 10:43:06 pm »
Aye, the beauty of the film is that the writers son directed it, the story was so perfectly encapsulated that it will be hard to replicate.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #42545 on: May 30, 2016, 10:42:15 am »
Watched Animal Kingdom yesterday. Very good film that. The actress who played the mother and Mendelsohn (Pope) really stood out. Brilliant. I mean, the latter would just give a look and he could say anything  that some other guy could have expressed only with words. Both were great borderline psychopathic performances.

Some powerful scenes at the end
Spoiler
like the one at the supermarket.
[close]

Eddie the Eagle was a feel good story. Goes without saying I had never heard of the guy.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #42546 on: May 30, 2016, 10:56:47 am »
Keanu is a very solid comedy, like a spoof version of John Wick but still played pretty straight. Laughed a lot.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #42547 on: May 30, 2016, 11:18:34 am »
Watched Animal Kingdom yesterday. Very good film that. The actress who played the mother and Mendelsohn (Pope) really stood out. Brilliant. I mean, the latter would just give a look and he could say anything  that some other guy could have expressed only with words. Both were great borderline psychopathic performances.

Some powerful scenes at the end
Spoiler
like the one at the supermarket.
[close]

Eddie the Eagle was a feel good story. Goes without saying I had never heard of the guy.

Jacqui Weaver. She was nominated for an Academy Award for that role. Was nominated the following year for Silver Lining Playbook as well.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #42548 on: May 30, 2016, 01:36:18 pm »
This is about..must be everywhere as this is an ETRG up.

Dads Army 2016 HDRip XViD-ETRG

Offline Stevie-A

• Castration Obsessed Latin Grammar Pedant
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Bronte ten bob eyes boxing club.
« Reply #42549 on: May 30, 2016, 04:29:10 pm »
Just back from Warcraft. I was a bit hesitant having seen the early reviews but this was a good effort at adapting the game, or so my daughter tells me! Evenly paced, and quite engaging. CGI wasn't too shabby at all.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42550 on: May 30, 2016, 05:42:09 pm »
Amazing to see The Purge which was fairly shite, not only get one sequel (which was shite) but a 3rd film which will undoubtably be very shite. Not even straight to vid fair either, all theatrical releases. Baffling really.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42551 on: May 30, 2016, 05:43:58 pm »
Amazing to see The Purge which was fairly shite, not only get one sequel (which was shite) but a 3rd film which will undoubtably be very shite. Not even straight to vid fair either, all theatrical releases. Baffling really.

Can't help but think that if murder was legal for 24 hours I'd just leave the country for a couple days
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #42552 on: May 30, 2016, 05:55:20 pm »
Can't help but think that if murder was legal for 24 hours I'd just leave the country for a couple days

Shithouse.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42553 on: May 30, 2016, 09:47:56 pm »
The entire idea of those films is that people get stressed, therefor a day is needed so that people can vent their stresses and commit murder so that it keeps the murder rate down all year round? Is this some sort of dystopian Kubrican alternate reality where the internet doesn't exist, and masturbation is punishable by death? Who writes this shit? And better still, who reads it, then green lights it to be made?

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #42554 on: May 31, 2016, 08:02:29 am »
Ben Mendelsohn is absolutely boss, one of my favourite actors working in film today. Yet to see a poor performance from him, he was superb in Starred Up and all.

The entire idea of those films is that people get stressed, therefor a day is needed so that people can vent their stresses and commit murder so that it keeps the murder rate down all year round? Is this some sort of dystopian Kubrican alternate reality where the internet doesn't exist, and masturbation is punishable by death? Who writes this shit? And better still, who reads it, then green lights it to be made?
It's an American thing mate, you wouldn't understand  ;D
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline Pelé as a Comedian

• The seeker of the True Cockroach. Forgetful.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42555 on: May 31, 2016, 09:26:57 pm »
Brothers Grimsby. cant deny i laughed out loud a few times but that was some proper low hanging fruit there, SBC isnt even trying for cultural critique anymore.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #42556 on: June 1, 2016, 11:43:44 am »
It was abysmal, mate. I laughed with the opening scene and a couple more and that's it.

Offline Skidder.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #42557 on: June 1, 2016, 02:32:21 pm »
I didn't even laugh at the opening scene.

It is a piece of shit - but people from Grimsby may 'get it'.

I just didn't I guess.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline Pelé as a Comedian

• The seeker of the True Cockroach. Forgetful.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42558 on: June 1, 2016, 08:35:09 pm »
I didn't even laugh at the opening scene.

It is a piece of shit - but people from Grimsby may 'get it'.

I just didn't I guess.

theres nothing to "get" mate, its just variations on sex jokes.

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #42559 on: June 1, 2016, 10:59:46 pm »
just watched 'The Do-Over' with Adam Sandler (not with him, I was on me own at home but he was in it)

Similar to Brothers Grimsby in that there is a 'fun' story in there mired in a pile of shte

Most of Sandlers moves are spoiled by stupid sophmoronic (yes I know) sex gags

I like Sandler and SBC as performers overall (Love Sandlers early stuff like Happy Gilmore and he was amazing in Reign over me) but I always feel fucked over and ripped off when the OTT stupid sex jokes come from nowhere and ruin it.  He hasn't really moved on in that aspect for many years