Author Topic: The RAWK Film Thread  (Read 3524667 times)

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
Re: The RAWK Film Thread
« Reply #54400 on: March 28, 2022, 08:28:19 am »
Wow I can't believe it. I saw it but I can't believe it.

They really gave Best Song to that dreadful Billie Eilish pish??

The Oscars have become a farce. Jared Leto who was hands down the best performance in a supporting role by far for House of Gucci completely snubbed.
You're out of your damn mind. That was the worst performance in the history of movies and I don't say that lightly. He made Tommy Wiseau look like Daniel Day fucking Lewis.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54401 on: March 28, 2022, 08:29:27 am »
Physically assaults someone then they give him an award while he goes on to cry and be consoled.  ???

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54402 on: March 28, 2022, 08:30:42 am »
Will Smith has been on the verge of a breakdown for the past few years as Jada keeps embarrassing him and going with other men.

Online S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #54403 on: March 28, 2022, 08:30:57 am »
I’m normally quite cynical and think these things are staged but I think that’s genuine. It fits in nicely with Will Smith being a fucking idiot anyway.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #54404 on: March 28, 2022, 08:40:56 am »
Phoney as fuck...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54405 on: March 28, 2022, 08:47:59 am »
It's definitely genuine. Will Smith made a career out of not swearing.
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #54406 on: March 28, 2022, 08:50:07 am »
If it’s genuine then Chris Rock has some chin.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #54407 on: March 28, 2022, 08:51:46 am »
If it’s genuine then Chris Rock has some chin.

It was a slap, not a punch.  Bitch move, hitting a guy who isn't expecting it and has his hands behind his back.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54408 on: March 28, 2022, 08:53:49 am »
I kind of get why some people would think that’s fake as with so much that goes on these days, but with the reactions of all involved, car crash of an acceptance speech afterwards etc and lack of reason/motivation to do if it was fake, it doesn’t add up for it to be staged.

Could be wrong but no way that is fake for me. Although I bet Will Smith is wishing it was right now.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #54409 on: March 28, 2022, 08:53:53 am »
It was a slap, not a punch.  Bitch move, hitting a guy who isn't expecting it and has his hands behind his back.

Rock barely moved.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline PatriotScouser

• Legacy Fan
  • I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
« Reply #54410 on: March 28, 2022, 08:55:31 am »
Didnt Will Smith play "Ali"? I would have though he would have learned to punch better than that.....

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #54411 on: March 28, 2022, 09:01:59 am »
I dunno...it looked a very 'soap' slap, moved his head in perfect time
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline KissThisGuy

• OnlyThroughAFaceMaskThough
  • Legacy Fan
  • It was raining, I went outside, I got wet.
« Reply #54412 on: March 28, 2022, 09:03:22 am »
Belfast won the best original screenplay. That's probably the biggest scandal of the night.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #54413 on: March 28, 2022, 09:10:55 am »

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #54414 on: March 28, 2022, 09:22:08 am »
Actors who literally get paid to pretend to be in situations for fame and money pretend to be in a situation for fame and monkey shocker.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54415 on: March 28, 2022, 09:23:35 am »
His mum heard he got into a fight and got scared and is sending him to live with his auntie and his uncle in Bel Air.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54416 on: March 28, 2022, 09:35:36 am »
Still looks staged.

Definitely not staged. The unmuted version shows that clearly. Smith totally lost it.

Rock shouldn’t have punched down like that - it’s a medical condition. And Smith absolutely should not have done what he did. Academy should’ve removed him from his seat afterwards, nomination or no nomination.

I wonder how many will feel empowered to storm the stage in comedy clubs now when they feel offended.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #54417 on: March 28, 2022, 09:50:45 am »
Definitely not staged. The unmuted version shows that clearly. Smith totally lost it.

Rock shouldn’t have punched down like that - it’s a medical condition. And Smith absolutely should not have done what he did. Academy should’ve removed him from his seat afterwards, nomination or no nomination.

I wonder how many will feel empowered to storm the stage in comedy clubs now when they feel offended.

:lmao

"He insulted my mother in law!!! He said my cat wasn't cuddly!! He made an obscure reference to double yellow parking!!!"

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #54418 on: March 28, 2022, 09:52:51 am »
I kind of get why some people would think that’s fake as with so much that goes on these days, but with the reactions of all involved, car crash of an acceptance speech afterwards etc and lack of reason/motivation to do if it was fake, it doesn’t add up for it to be staged.

Could be wrong but no way that is fake for me. Although I bet Will Smith is wishing it was right now.
Are you saying Will Smith made a bad decision regarding his career? It's not like there's a precedent for that over the last 15 or 20 years.

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #54419 on: March 28, 2022, 10:04:11 am »
it wasn't staged ffs

but Fresh Prince? more like Fresh Cuck of Bel Air

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #54420 on: March 28, 2022, 10:06:16 am »
Looks staged.

The slap looked like a stage slap, the swearing not so much...
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #54421 on: March 28, 2022, 10:08:48 am »
Haha, you're all mad thinking its staged. The awkwardness and tension was clear for all to see. Rock looked shell shocked after it

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #54422 on: March 28, 2022, 10:11:32 am »
Haha, you're all mad thinking its staged. The awkwardness and tension was clear for all to see. Rock looked shell shocked after it

Looks staged to me.

Either that or he genuinely has as much fighting ability as a stunned conker.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #54423 on: March 28, 2022, 10:16:02 am »
I’ve seen Smith interviewed on a few things like Fallon and when Jadas names brought up he looks uncomfortable. Like ‘I wish she’d just fuck off’ Whether it’s about some speech she made a few years ago regarding actresses etc or Tupacs being her true love and then on that round table with regards to their relationship with the young fellas she’s been knocking around with. He’s a happy go lucky clown of the party and yet imo he’s a laughing stock probably in his own eyes. Which is different than him cracking the jokes. The worlds laughing at him. His missus is always talked about as Tupac being her true love, every award show seems to make jokes about their relationship and the joys gone from him. He’s cracked and it was on tv. It’s his Britney breakdown imo

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54424 on: March 28, 2022, 10:17:18 am »
Think this run of turning awards into comedy shows and mini roasts has to end now. I'm all for ribbing someone but I think if my wife had alopecia and someone made a bald joke about her I'd also lose my rag. I'm assuming he thought she'd take it and laugh along as he was initially laughing but seen she was upset by it and reacted. Can't say I blame him too much

Whole thing is a shitshow really

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #54425 on: March 28, 2022, 10:20:07 am »
Not staged for me.

Chris Rock in my opinion went a bit far making a joke about a person's condition. But then he made a joke about Jada in 2016 so she probably can't stand him anyway.

If Rock said - "hey Will, good look with Dumbo 2" or something about his ears or something, nobody bats an eyelid

Smith should have either just shouted back at him, or go backstage for a word with him. No need to hit him mind.

Shame for him though as completely over shadows his win.
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54426 on: March 28, 2022, 10:20:17 am »
So many bad shouts in this thread, the man (Will) is getting slaughtered in the media and it takes the shine completely off the biggest night of his career, why the fuck would he put that in jeopardy. He looks like a complete crackpot, what exactly is he getting out of this?

It's a shame it wasn't Ricky Gervais at the Golden Globes, he's had it coming.
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #54427 on: March 28, 2022, 10:22:00 am »
Only way he would be able to save face now is try to say it’s staged which it clearly wasn’t

Once he was up and walking didn’t matter how loud the voice of reason was he couldn’t turn back and change his mind

When he was up the steps and on the stage that voice of reason would’ve been a roar. ‘This is going to be disastrous for you’
« Last Edit: March 28, 2022, 10:23:40 am by rushyman »
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54428 on: March 28, 2022, 10:25:26 am »
Great stuff, absolutely mental. It is quite fun to get a good solid water-cooler event like this that has nothing to do with electoral politics or international conflict or whatever. Smith and his wife are proper weirdos

The "staged" shouts are bizarre but I guess people don't like to think they're being tricked.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54429 on: March 28, 2022, 10:25:59 am »
Of course it wasn’t fucking staged, did you hear the sound? Have you seen the interviews with will smith ? He is cuck and loopy as fuck. All that it shows you is Hollywood is a fucking  disgrace. An assault happens live on television, and they cheer the bloke afterwards. Zero moral compass. But keep going with the woke shite. 
PUSSY cat, PUSSY cat, I love you,  yes I do.......

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54430 on: March 28, 2022, 10:29:03 am »
Think this run of turning awards into comedy shows and mini roasts has to end now. I'm all for ribbing someone but I think if my wife had alopecia and someone made a bald joke about her I'd also lose my rag. I'm assuming he thought she'd take it and laugh along as he was initially laughing but seen she was upset by it and reacted. Can't say I blame him too much

Whole thing is a shitshow really
if the Oscar’s and Hollywood wasn’t going down the avenue of everyone needs to be perfect, woke, politically correct, then I would agree. In this instant, fuck them, fuck will smith, and fuck everyone who defends him. And just because you disagree with what someone says, doesn’t mean you should assault them. Today Hollywood condoned that violence.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #54431 on: March 28, 2022, 10:30:38 am »

I dunno, he's pretty trim mate.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54432 on: March 28, 2022, 10:33:02 am »
Of course it wasn’t fucking staged, did you hear the sound? Have you seen the interviews with will smith ? He is cuck and loopy as fuck. All that it shows you is Hollywood is a fucking  disgrace. An assault happens live on television, and they cheer the bloke afterwards. Zero moral compass. But keep going with the woke shite.

What are you on about lad? What 'woke shite'?

Offline Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #54433 on: March 28, 2022, 10:36:30 am »
So many bad shouts in this thread, the man (Will) is getting slaughtered in the media and it takes the shine completely off the biggest night of his career, why the fuck would he put that in jeopardy. He looks like a complete crackpot, what exactly is he getting out of this?

It absolutely isn't staged. Default setting on RAWK is uber-cynicism though, hence the bizarre shouts on here.

Why would Gervais have deserved it though? He doesn't tend to punch down like Rock did here (not saying Smith was justified either mind you) he takes shots at the super rich, privileged and hypocritical Hollywood circle for being those things - not because they have medical conditions.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54434 on: March 28, 2022, 10:42:43 am »
What are you on about lad? What 'woke shite'?
have you just woken up? Hollywood portrays themselves as the wokest, leftist people going. Yet turn their heads from pedophiles, people who murder, assault, rape etc.

They are the biggest c*nts going. LAD. Today was just another example of hypocrisy. An innocent black man was assaulted, yet the person who did it was clapped, celebrated, cheered.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2022, 10:44:41 am by stevensr123 »

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #54435 on: March 28, 2022, 10:43:39 am »
Chris Rock took that hit, fuck will Smith. Then the crocodile tears after.

I've just seen it again, he's laughing at the joke! Then he must catch Jada's eye and see she ain't laughing so he marches on stage.

Exactly what i thought. He was chuckling away then the camera cut and the next thing he's marching onto the stage.  He's either seen her fuming or she's said something.  Let's hope they don't get him on one of these Comedy Central roasts.

Online Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54436 on: March 28, 2022, 10:45:29 am »
A professional comedian resorting to "haha, she's bald jokes" and all the partner of the butt of the joke can think to do is to walk up and slap him.  50 year old men acting like children.

Is it too much to expect that people who are paid to think up funny stuff can come up with something a bit better? I mean it's not like it was an off the cuff response to a heckle from someone he doesn't know, which might be understandable, instead someone actually sat down thought about it before writing it down.

None of it excuses Smith's reaction, of course, which was equally pathetic. It's not like he doesn't have the opportunity to say what he thought about it at a later date, is it?

« Last Edit: March 28, 2022, 10:48:25 am by Kekule »

Offline simpleman

• Doesn't wash his willy
  • Anny Roader
  • Believer
« Reply #54437 on: March 28, 2022, 10:46:50 am »
You can take the man out of Philly...

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54438 on: March 28, 2022, 10:48:52 am »
A professional comedian resorting to "haha, she's bald jokes" and all the partner of the butt of the joke can think to do is to walk up and slap him.  50 year old men acting like children.

Is it too much to expect that people who are paid to think up funny stuff can come up with something a bit better? I mean it's not like it was an off the cuff response to a heckle from someone he doesn't know, which might be understandable, but someone actually sat down thought about it before writing it down.

None of it excuses Smith's reaction, of course, which was equally pathetic.

comedy crosses boundaries, if people are too precious for it they need to cancel themselves from reality.

People seem so insecure and precious these days, it was a joke even will smith thought was funny until his wife was pissed off.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54439 on: March 28, 2022, 10:49:11 am »
if the Oscar’s and Hollywood wasn’t going down the avenue of everyone needs to be perfect, woke, politically correct, then I would agree. In this instant, fuck them, fuck will smith, and fuck everyone who defends him. And just because you disagree with what someone says, doesn’t mean you should assault them. Today Hollywood condoned that violence.

The right wing has entered the chat.

You don’t half talk shite, the right are the biggest crybabies about everything never mind the “woke” culture.