Author Topic: The RAWK Film Thread  (Read 3516734 times)

Offline bradigor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Henrik Zetterpig
    • Pucks Across The Pond
  • Super Title: Loves Ron Dennis
Re: The RAWK Film Thread
« Reply #520 on: April 19, 2006, 08:32:32 am »
Not seen that Mr Claw but i am a fan of dark stuff so i'll look into it. Amelie was quite light hearted for me, but its one of those that you just can't stop smiling at... the things she did, they were great.  :)

Amazing film. Quite simply magical. It is a feelgood movie in the truest sense of the word

Offline hoobastanker

• Kopite
  • Ye dirty halien Ye
« Reply #521 on: April 19, 2006, 11:46:43 am »

what did you think was going to happen did you what you were going to see, did you know harrison ford was in it?

I knew HF was in it, but it was the only thing on in the cinema even partly 'worth seeing'.  I had an idea of the storyline, but it was worse than advertised.  But then, films nearly always are.

I love it when you post just so i can see that bird in you picture. She is amazing.

;D Its Scarlett Johansson, yeah she is fabulous!
Xabi for Ireland

Online Party Phil

• Boring Cunt that flies Air Bizarre
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
« Reply #522 on: April 20, 2006, 09:15:28 pm »
aka the more prosaically-titled 'Amelie'. Enjoyed that, but 'Delicatessen' was more up my whatnot. Much darker and more twisted.
Delicatessen is brilliant. Dark and funny.
If you're lying, I'll chop your head off.

Offline Ben_JP

• Where is my file?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You've just got to let them know you exist
« Reply #523 on: April 21, 2006, 01:10:26 pm »
;D Its Scarlett Johansson, yeah she is fabulous!

Is right. What a lady.

Got an email from Play earlier, there is a post-Easter sale sale on, 3 DVDS for £20 worth a visit for some bargains.
Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

XBL: MisiuPysiu / PSN: PysiuMisiu
Gamestyle articles what I wrote.

Offline Carra'sPoundCoin

• Don't you see what's going on out there? Everyone hates us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #524 on: April 21, 2006, 10:40:27 pm »
Watched "Me And You And Everyone We Know" last night.

What a odd fuckin film. Anyone else seen it?
“Aim for the sky and you'll reach the ceiling. Aim for the ceiling and you'll stay on the floor.”

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=11MQnQ8QjJs

Offline The Bill Hicks Appreciation Society

• It's not much I know, but this is the best Barney could come up with at short notice. Too tight to buy his own cross-dressing gear. AKA 'Condomhead'. Has apparently had Elton John.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
    • Check out my RedmenTV Blogs
« Reply #525 on: April 21, 2006, 10:42:24 pm »
watched 'mail order wife' earlier, documentary style film. thoroughly enjoyed it. wasn't sure who to side with in the end though.
Please take a look at my latest blog for theredmentv "Dispelling the Rodgers/Martinez myth" http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/263 All other blogs can be read at www.theredmentv.com/blog Let me know your thoughts

Offline Ben_JP

• Where is my file?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #526 on: April 21, 2006, 11:19:49 pm »
Dumb, but enjoyable, horror alert! The Facaulty is on in about, ooh, 20 minutes, Channel 4, 11.40pm.

• It's not much I know, but this is the best Barney could come up with at short notice. Too tight to buy his own cross-dressing gear. AKA 'Condomhead'. Has apparently had Elton John.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
« Reply #527 on: April 22, 2006, 12:04:20 am »
Dumb, but enjoyable, horror alert! The Facaulty is on in about, ooh, 20 minutes, Channel 4, 11.40pm.

amazing how second time you watch it you spot loads of stars;

lileth from frasier, salma hayek, usher and marie warner from 24
« Last Edit: April 22, 2006, 12:15:06 am by The Bill Hicks Appreciation Society »
Please take a look at my latest blog for theredmentv "Dispelling the Rodgers/Martinez myth" http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/263 All other blogs can be read at www.theredmentv.com/blog Let me know your thoughts

Offline Ben_JP

• Where is my file?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #528 on: April 22, 2006, 12:16:03 am »
amazing how second time you watch it you spot loads of stars;

lileth from frasier, salma hayek, usher and sarah warner from 24

Was just thinking that too. Also Jon Stewart from The Daily Show and the lovely Famke Janssen. And some kid who went on to befriend wizards in the fight against orcs and goblins without a decent pair of shoes to his name...

Offline hooded claw

• Foiled by the Anthill Mob
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Plate Licked Clean
« Reply #529 on: April 22, 2006, 12:19:35 am »
Can't believe you've not mentioned Robert 'T1000' Patrick.

Is it me or does Lilith look hot...?

Offline Ben_JP

• Where is my file?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #530 on: April 22, 2006, 12:29:44 am »
And Frodo's dad is played by Shooter McGavin from Happy Gilmore (Christopher McDonald)

Lileth definitely vamps it up. Vamps? Have I teleported back to the twenties?

Offline hooded claw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Plate Licked Clean
« Reply #531 on: April 22, 2006, 12:32:47 am »
And Frodo's dad is played by Shooter McGavin from Happy Gilmore (Christopher McDonald)

Lileth definitely vamps it up. Vamps? Have I teleported back to the twenties?
;D
I knew him from Quiz Show-and as Barry Williams from Peter Gabriel's eponymous video, directed by Sean Penn.

Offline nige

• RAWK Poet Laureate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #532 on: April 23, 2006, 09:42:13 am »
Saw 'Pierrepoint' the other night.

Timothy Spall utterly outstanding as Albert Pierrepoint, the last & most prolific UK hangman, doing what he does best. 

No, I don't mean hanging people, I mean acting his 'most men lead lives of quiet desperation' role.

All supporting actors brilliant too.

And at just 95 minutes long not too bad for me arl lumbago.  Perfect.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2006, 11:05:05 am by nige »

Offline kev78

• Legacy Fan
  • Deep Shit
« Reply #533 on: April 25, 2006, 10:27:58 am »
Watched 'Ocean's Twelve' the other night.

Didn't enjoy it at all really. It had none of the slickness or humour of the first one and was a really dissappointment.

Think they are on about making another one as well. Can't see the point myself.

Offline hooded claw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Plate Licked Clean
« Reply #534 on: April 25, 2006, 11:15:59 am »
Watched 'Ocean's Twelve' the other night.

Didn't enjoy it at all really. It had none of the slickness or humour of the first one and was a really dissappointment.

Think they are on about making another one as well. Can't see the point myself.

Any idea of the title?

Offline bradigor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Henrik Zetterpig
    • Pucks Across The Pond
« Reply #535 on: April 25, 2006, 12:19:57 pm »
Any idea of the title?

Oceans Lakes and Rivers 13

On another point got around to watching Grizzly Man last night.

A very very enjoyable piece of film making. Werner Herzog is fascinating to listen to. Despite having a feeling of distain for Timothy Treadwell for the best part of the film i found him Facisnating aswell. More so towards the end when he started to really lose his mind.

Treadwell though for all of his faults has got some amazing footage, and some of the scenes with his fox friends (who i believed he felt were his only true friends in the world, more so than the bears) were a joy to watch.

The Bradigor Independent review gives this 4/5

If you haven't seen this yet, get it.

Offline Ben_JP

• Where is my file?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #536 on: April 25, 2006, 05:43:27 pm »
Any idea of the title?

Ocean's Milking It?

A third one? Blimey. At least Brad, George and their mates get to have another jolly around the world.

Bradigor - have you read the Grizzly Man spoof in this month's Total Film? Only glanced across it but I'm guessing a hedgehog will be slightly less threatening than the creatures in the film.

Offline StevieG26

• Would like to be the first of offer his criticisms.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #537 on: April 25, 2006, 06:03:19 pm »
Just watched "A Beautiful Mind." What a great film! I must say Russell Crowe's a brilliant actor (unless you get on his bad side :))
"Football is not a matter of life and death. I can assure you that it is much more important than that."

Bill Shankly.

Offline bradigor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Henrik Zetterpig
    • Pucks Across The Pond
« Reply #538 on: April 25, 2006, 07:35:09 pm »
Ocean's Milking It?

A third one? Blimey. At least Brad, George and their mates get to have another jolly around the world.

Bradigor - have you read the Grizzly Man spoof in this month's Total Film? Only glanced across it but I'm guessing a hedgehog will be slightly less threatening than the creatures in the film.

Yeah mate, read it. Not as good as I was expecting. Half decent read though :wave they give them all names like Treadwell does. One is called prick ;D

Offline theCanadian

• Potential grass
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #539 on: April 26, 2006, 04:09:21 am »
Just saw The Green Mile for the first time. Obviously a classic and FUCKING LONG!   :o
Those who dwell, as scientists or laymen, among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life. - Rachel Carson

Offline The not so lazy.boy

• Suspected Naturist Shoplifter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Make Us Dream
« Reply #540 on: April 26, 2006, 10:23:34 am »
Silent Hill 8/10.

Really enjoyed it and if your a fan of the games you'll love this. I thought it was fantastic. And highly recommended.
Although there was alot of people coming out of the screen saying they didn't get it.
You are looking at 30% mystery and 70% horror, and plenty of "jump moments"

For those that watched it but say it makes no sense, try this (INCLUDES SPOILERS)
http://movies.yahoo.com/mvc/dfrv?mid=1808718754&rvid=7-337244&i=0&nn=1&spl=0&ys=AZYh9pSxKLLf.ncSLHk03Q--

I almost forgot to mention, great to hear Ring of Fire start up on the jukebox. Nearly jumped out my seat and started swinging my scarf round.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2006, 11:24:25 am by lazy.boy »
Same shit, Different day!

Offline bradigor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Henrik Zetterpig
    • Pucks Across The Pond
« Reply #541 on: April 26, 2006, 12:04:54 pm »
Silent Hill 8/10.

Really enjoyed it and if your a fan of the games you'll love this. I thought it was fantastic. And highly recommended.
Although there was alot of people coming out of the screen saying they didn't get it.
You are looking at 30% mystery and 70% horror, and plenty of "jump moments"

For those that watched it but say it makes no sense, try this (INCLUDES SPOILERS)
http://movies.yahoo.com/mvc/dfrv?mid=1808718754&rvid=7-337244&i=0&nn=1&spl=0&ys=AZYh9pSxKLLf.ncSLHk03Q--

I almost forgot to mention, great to hear Ring of Fire start up on the jukebox. Nearly jumped out my seat and started swinging my scarf round.

Glad to hear it is decent. Loved the 1st game and was really looking forward to seeing this. Does it have that nasty and scary crackling radio in it. That freaked me out more than anything in the game

• Legacy Fan
  • Make Us Dream
« Reply #542 on: April 26, 2006, 12:23:43 pm »
Glad to hear it is decent. Loved the 1st game and was really looking forward to seeing this. Does it have that nasty and scary crackling radio in it. That freaked me out more than anything in the game

Theres a few things in it that might freak you out. Yep think the radio is in there somewhere.

Offline bradigor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Henrik Zetterpig
    • Pucks Across The Pond
« Reply #543 on: April 27, 2006, 08:12:38 am »
Theres a few things in it that might freak you out. Yep think the radio is in there somewhere.

Good stuff, will have to get out to watch it at some point

Offline theCanadian

• Potential grass
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #544 on: April 27, 2006, 09:11:54 pm »
THE ARISTOCRATS!

Anyone else seen this? Saw it a couple weeks ago first time and thought it was interesting and hilarious and not for kids.  ;D

:wave
Those who dwell, as scientists or laymen, among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life. - Rachel Carson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
« Reply #545 on: April 27, 2006, 11:32:48 pm »
THE ARISTOCRATS!

Anyone else seen this? Saw it a couple weeks ago first time and thought it was interesting and hilarious and not for kids.  ;D

it's a shit joke!

Offline theCanadian

• Potential grass
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #546 on: April 28, 2006, 02:57:55 am »
it's a shit joke!

I know! Well it doesn't really have a punch line - it's just the whole body of it that's fun.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2006, 02:59:34 am by theCanadian »

Offline bradigor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Henrik Zetterpig
    • Pucks Across The Pond
« Reply #547 on: April 28, 2006, 08:28:42 am »
THE ARISTOCRATS!

Bought this knowing what to expect (so i thought) I have heard all there is to hear in comedy, nothing could really offend me now. I have heard many a tasteless dead Jew joke, and laughed it off. I watched this. I have never ever been so offended in all my life (yes there a re a few funny moments). It is vile, disgusting and should be banned. This was meant to stay backstage for a reason. Never have I heard such filth in all my life, I wanted to turn it off and take it back. I wanted to write a letter to the production company to complain that they would release such nasty filth.

BUT

Do you know what, I couldn't turn it off, I was fascinated, something in me was telling me I have to watchj this to the very end. How can something that disgusted me so much hold my attention for so long. I am someone that if I see something I don't like i turn away, hear something I don't like, turn it down. This however had something about it. Beastality was almost the mildest thing about it. Yes I have heard jokes about incest before but not in such graphic vile detail. It is wrong, I can only describe it as a car crash, you know you shouldn't look, but look you do.

Now I said there were funny bits in it, and one I thought was quite funny was this one joke.

Went along the lines of - a group walk in to a producers office.......blah blah blah....... proceed to show loads of things they do, a nice dance, a violin piece, paint a pleasent picture etc.
Producer says thats fantastic what do you call yourselves
Reply "The fucking shitty cocksuckers" (or something to that effect)

When hearing the rest of the filth and the way the joke is told, that one in particular stood out far me.

A hard film to rate, I should give this a 1 out of 10 and tell you to avoid it. One the other hand I should give this 10/10 and say you must see this.

This is the only film that I have seen that I will not give a rating, all I will say is, rent it borrow it or even buy it, watch it, and make up your own mind, you may turn it off but I guarentee you will go back to finish it off.

Offline Carra'sPoundCoin

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #548 on: April 28, 2006, 02:44:56 pm »
Watched "Everything Is Illuminated" last night. What a great witty, moving film. Only heard of it cause it came out on DVD recently.

Also watched "Beautiful Country" and "Crying Fist" recently. Both were ok, nothing special.
“Aim for the sky and you'll reach the ceiling. Aim for the ceiling and you'll stay on the floor.”

Offline nige

• RAWK Poet Laureate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #549 on: April 30, 2006, 12:31:03 am »
you might be in your local 'art-house' and see a trailer for a film called  'CRAZY'.

you might think 'ooh looks like that's about being mad about the music of a great era - Bowie,Floyd, etc'

you might think 'ooh looks French and clever I'll go for that.'

you might think 'ooh looks sophisticatedly  sexy'

Kinell I fell for that trailer too but it's bullshit boring Quebecois crap  & NONE OF THE ABOVE APPLY !!

Be warned - outdatedly pedestrain & basically BORING AS HELL!!!

the most disappointing Francophone cinema I can remember .

AAARGH MY POOR F*CKIN BACK.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2006, 12:32:35 am by nige »

Offline lukas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #550 on: May 1, 2006, 06:10:51 pm »
Watched 'I'll Sleep When Im Dead' the other night. 

Enjoyed it, Clive Owen was good in it, worth a watch.
PSN:lr3487

Offline Withnail

• Failed anorexic.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #551 on: May 1, 2006, 07:25:25 pm »
Saw 'crash' last night. i thought it was good,but over hyped. the whole racism thing is far simpler than they make out i'm afraid.

Offline theCanadian

• Potential grass
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #552 on: May 2, 2006, 05:26:13 am »
I just got back from seeing the film 'HARD CANDY' in the theatre. FUCKING TERRIFIC original THRILLER. The young Canadian actress Ellen Page is a revelation. She'll be big before long - she's extremely talented for her age (17 or 18 I think.)

CHECK IT OUT.

trailer

"The acting is incredible."
-- Peter Debruge, MIAMI HERALD

"I say again, Ellen Page is in the room! You read it here."
-- Jules Brenner (FC), CINEMA SIGNALS

"Hard Candy is a psychological thriller as chilling as a cold, serrated blade to the jugular."
-- Colin Covert, MINNEAPOLIS STAR TRIBUNE

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
« Reply #553 on: May 2, 2006, 08:15:17 am »
Looks good but how annoying is that trailer, you can guess the twist
Spoiler
the girl is the one who stalks paedophiles online, lures them and kills them, am i right?
[close]

Just watched 'the woodsman' recently, which is very good too.

Offline bradigor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Henrik Zetterpig
    • Pucks Across The Pond
« Reply #554 on: May 2, 2006, 08:17:35 am »
Looks good but how annoying is that trailer, you can guess the twist
Spoiler
the girl is the one who stalks paedophiles online, lures them and kills them, am i right?
[close]

Just watched 'the woodsman' recently, which is very good too.

Think that be the one, glad it sounds good, was looking forward to it, however I was expecting another huge let down, so if it has a seal of approval I shall be looking forward to it again

Offline jesslfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #555 on: May 2, 2006, 08:46:32 am »
Saw 'crash' last night. i thought it was good,but over hyped. the whole racism thing is far simpler than they make out i'm afraid.

thought the same thing, they complicated it where it wasn't needed, worth watching though.

Offline bradigor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Henrik Zetterpig
    • Pucks Across The Pond
« Reply #556 on: May 2, 2006, 02:00:53 pm »
Has anyone seen or heard anything about 'Brick' yet, got some excellent write ups.
The teaser posters for the film is are top notch. My only fear is the hype it has been getting (The new Donnie Darko) means it could be a huge let down, I hope to god it isn't though, been waiting for this for a while.

Also on the subject of cult movies, I really hope that 'Snakes on a Plane' gets a release soon

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #557 on: May 2, 2006, 06:22:20 pm »
For those of you who live, or have lived in the US and have had to deal with the Customer Service over the phone. The dreaded 1-800 telephone calls to have a service fixed.  I present to you 'CallCenter' a 12 minute short film:

http://www.callcentermovie.com/

Enjoy!

PS do you have similar problems in the UK these days?

Offline Carra'sPoundCoin

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #558 on: May 2, 2006, 11:58:54 pm »
Watched Tim Burton's Corpse Bride tonight. Thought it was good and worth a watch for Burton fans

• Legacy Fan
  • Make Us Dream
« Reply #559 on: May 4, 2006, 04:01:00 pm »
Just watched the teaser trailer for Casino Royale... Not bad! Think Daniel Craig will be a quality bond (bit like Dalton)