Author Topic: Hayfever  (Read 45560 times)

Online Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
Re: Hayfever
« Reply #360 on: June 27, 2022, 07:54:40 pm »
Usually just take cetirizene but my eyes have been a nightmare this year so I'm going to try the face/eye wipes recommended in here. Also got recommended Optricom eye drops when I was at the opticians recently.

Anyone recommend a reputable online place for bulk buying cheap hayfever tablets?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Allacan-Cetirizine-Hayfever-Allergy-Tablets/dp/B071KZS3BF/ref=sr_1_8?crid=LPD3U4BN7WNJ&keywords=hayfever+tablets&qid=1656355929&sprefix=hayfever+tablets%2Caps%2C83&sr=8-8

https://www.amazon.co.uk/240-Loratadine-Allergy-Relief-Tablets/dp/B076CJ5TG3/ref=pd_bxgy_sccl_2/260-2273543-6707029?pd_rd_w=3tuMM&content-id=amzn1.sym.79b812bf-5c8b-4c0c-851c-784423adaff5&pf_rd_p=79b812bf-5c8b-4c0c-851c-784423adaff5&pf_rd_r=Q2T4WAJ4TB90W9QBSQ7P&pd_rd_wg=LJjT6&pd_rd_r=46b302a2-6394-4aa7-9c3a-e33b32e8d36c&pd_rd_i=B076CJ5TG3&psc=1

I've bought from Amazon - they are fine  - I got the loratadine ones.

I also use the Optricom eye drops for when my eyes are really bad.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #361 on: June 27, 2022, 08:18:08 pm »
Usually just take cetirizene but my eyes have been a nightmare this year so I'm going to try the face/eye wipes recommended in here. Also got recommended Optricom eye drops when I was at the opticians recently.

Anyone recommend a reputable online place for bulk buying cheap hayfever tablets?

Oddly, Amazon - I got a pack of ten delivered, genuine stuff

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #362 on: June 27, 2022, 08:20:35 pm »
I also use the Optricom eye drops for when my eyes are really bad.

Yeah these are really good. I keep them in the fridge too as the coldness helps soothe them quicker.

Got an aircon / hepa filter coming tomorrow, going to install it in the bedroom so at least have one room that can be pollen free - fed up of going to sit in the car for an hour to put the aircon in there on to get some respite.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #364 on: June 28, 2022, 08:34:05 am »
Anyone tried this?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/health/hay-fever-sufferers-going-wild-27337381#ICID=Android_TMNewsApp_AppShare

Yeah it's just Fexofenadine, can work really well but like all allergy things you can get used to them so probably best to switch each year, this year Loratadine works for me. Fexofenadine are decent though, not seen then for £4 mind

Offline CheshireDave

• quite apt, as he's from Gloucestershire and his name's Norman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #365 on: June 28, 2022, 11:16:29 am »
Yeah it's just Fexofenadine, can work really well but like all allergy things you can get used to them so probably best to switch each year, this year Loratadine works for me. Fexofenadine are decent though, not seen then for £4 mind

https://ayp.healthcare/treathay-120mg-30-tablets?search=Fexofenadine&description=true

Cheapest I have found.

I have used ayp.healthcare a few times and delivery has been pretty quick. Their Loratadine and Cetirizene is dirt cheap. I think like £8 for 360 tablets or something mad.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2022, 11:20:04 am by CheshireDave »
Fuckin' 'Ell It's Fred Titmus

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #366 on: June 28, 2022, 11:24:37 am »
I take a one a day anti histamine tablet with cetirizene hydrochloride in it. It usually says that on the front of the box, there is another variation called Loradatine which I have personally found useless

The ceterizene works well.

I had to get some Benalyn for my 4 year old as his nose was completely blocked and his eyes get very puffy and itchy, he looks like he has been thumped or poked in the eye. can recommend this https://www.benadryl.co.uk/allergy-relief-products/benadryl-allergy-aged-two-plus

I usually use a vicks nasal spray for myself to keep my breathing clear, morning and night

Just rub some vicks on the son on his back and chest in the morning and evening too and when the Benalyn wears off or he needs it to get to work he gets very sniffly
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #367 on: June 28, 2022, 11:40:02 am »
https://ayp.healthcare/treathay-120mg-30-tablets?search=Fexofenadine&description=true

Cheapest I have found.

I have used ayp.healthcare a few times and delivery has been pretty quick. Their Loratadine and Cetirizene is dirt cheap. I think like £8 for 360 tablets or something mad.

Nice :) if trusted site then all good

Another thing I found to work was an air filter machine in a room on a night, windows shut, door shut, by morning, no hay fever

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #368 on: June 28, 2022, 12:30:28 pm »
my dehumidifier helps too, cheaper than most air con units I've seen.. any air filter stuff should work in theory

I WFH so least I can control my home environment

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #370 on: June 28, 2022, 02:41:02 pm »

Im another advocate of that brand. Have worked well for me, just the occasional little sniffle on extreme days. Can also now afford to take them 10 months or 12 months of the year. Need a bank loan to take brand of the shelf names for that long  :)

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #371 on: July 18, 2022, 11:42:21 am »
UK  = Hotter than the surface of the Sun

Pollen Count = Medium

About right

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #372 on: August 14, 2022, 10:40:37 am »
Dunno if it's the high temps and general dryness this summer but I've never had it this bad.  Think it's been two months straight now where I haven't gone a day without blowing my nose, and it's just non-stop all day long some days.  Horrible.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #373 on: August 14, 2022, 03:57:30 pm »
Dunno if it's the high temps and general dryness this summer but I've never had it this bad.  Think it's been two months straight now where I haven't gone a day without blowing my nose, and it's just non-stop all day long some days.  Horrible.

If I hadn't had my Levoit in my study and the bedroom, I'd be terrible, but in the house I'm absolutely 100% dandy

Best things I've ever bought. Usually pretty miserable in summertime, but with this, being away from it in the house seems to help you overall as even when I go out, I'm barely affected.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #374 on: March 22, 2023, 10:48:50 am »
Antihistamines daily mean I build up resistance now

More effective than popping one on an affected day when it is basically too late

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #375 on: March 22, 2023, 10:50:58 am »

More effective than popping one on an affected day when it is basically too late

I take them all year round, once you start to feel the effects of hayfever it's too late  ;D
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: March 22, 2023, 10:59:04 am »

I take them all year round, once you start to feel the effects of hayfever it's too late  ;D

Agreed.  I take them all year too but not just for hay fever, I'm allergic to any insect bites or stings so it's also a precaution against that.

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #377 on: March 22, 2023, 12:01:36 pm »
Does taking them year round have any diluting effects?
I usually start at the beginning of March and go to Octoberish. Which is longer than I used to take them for, just wondered if too much was detrimental.

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #378 on: March 22, 2023, 12:15:15 pm »
Is it tolerance to the antihistamine or worsening reactions to the allergy? Both are thing and you should probably try a different kind of antihistamine either way.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #379 on: March 22, 2023, 12:21:11 pm »
Does taking them year round have any diluting effects?
I usually start at the beginning of March and go to Octoberish. Which is longer than I used to take them for, just wondered if too much was detrimental.

There is tolerance built up

I usually swap around the type (the active chemical) and seem to be alright

My doc said a 14 day break resets it (this is why I do March-November really)

You can always up the dose!

Offline Nitramdorf

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #380 on: March 22, 2023, 12:42:50 pm »
Thank you  :)

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #381 on: March 22, 2023, 12:48:17 pm »
Thank you  :)

This is my first time doing it, couldn't tell you yet if they dilute the effects as I've no idea if hayfever season has started yet  :D
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #382 on: March 22, 2023, 02:00:42 pm »

I'm highly allergic to grass and weed pollen but I'm ok early in the year when tree pollen is about. I start taking my hayfever meds on the 1st May and go right through until the end of September. I used to suffer horribly until a doctor told me to start meds a month or so before your allergy season. Never wait until your hay fever starts. Since doing this I get through the season without issue.

Previous to doing it this way my eyes would swell and close. My lips would swell and I'd get hives. The usual nonstop runny eyes and nose too.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2023, 07:42:36 pm by Son of Spion »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #383 on: March 22, 2023, 06:45:09 pm »
Normally take them around now until September. Last year was probably one of the best years I've had in terms of bad hayfever days. Probably one or two days max.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #384 on: June 8, 2023, 09:22:29 pm »
Been abit annoying this week.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #385 on: June 8, 2023, 10:30:50 pm »
Been abit annoying this week.

Horrific at the moment.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #386 on: June 9, 2023, 06:17:44 am »
Horrific at the moment.
You've had it really bad?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #387 on: June 9, 2023, 09:03:45 am »
No Nick is just telling everyone he's horrific at the moment

Offline F-T-9

• Anny Roader
« Reply #388 on: June 9, 2023, 03:55:15 pm »
Anyone tried manuka honey to combat hay fever? Heard good things but never tried it myself.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #389 on: June 9, 2023, 04:00:04 pm »
Wouldn't it get stuck up your nose?  :D

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #390 on: June 9, 2023, 04:10:13 pm »
Anyone tried manuka honey to combat hay fever? Heard good things but never tried it myself.

There was a thing I saw on the telly about people getting more tolerant if they get locally produced honey.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #391 on: June 9, 2023, 04:12:00 pm »
There was a thing I saw on the telly about people getting more tolerant if they get locally produced honey.

Tried it, didn't work. Fairly sure was a rumour set up by honey producers :D

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #392 on: June 10, 2023, 10:33:49 am »
No Nick is just telling everyone he's horrific at the moment
Makes sense.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #393 on: June 10, 2023, 01:06:29 pm »
Tried it, didn't work. Fairly sure was a rumour set up by honey producers :D

Ha, probably! Bet they charged a fortune for it as well.

I don't get it myself but the dog does and it's an absolute ballache.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #394 on: June 12, 2023, 08:28:57 am »
Yesterday was the worst day so far this year by some distance.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #395 on: June 12, 2023, 08:50:44 am »
With me, Fexofenadine stopped working but Citirazine does work. Guess I have to cycle my tablets!

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #396 on: June 12, 2023, 09:04:10 am »
What's allowed to be taken when pregnant?

And before anyone starts taking the piss I just want to say, no I don't have hayfever myself.

Online Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #397 on: June 12, 2023, 09:26:12 am »
Yesterday was the worst day so far this year by some distance.

Absolutely.  I realy suffered yesterday.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #398 on: June 12, 2023, 02:18:16 pm »
What's allowed to be taken when pregnant?

And before anyone starts taking the piss I just want to say, no I don't have hayfever myself.
I believe no anti-histamines are allowed & congrats ;)

Absolutely.  I realy suffered yesterday.
Not been that bad otherwise - this weather is to continue this week though unfortunately haha.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #399 on: June 12, 2023, 05:41:44 pm »
Was in an absolutely foul mood on Saturday, almost ruptured my eyeballs they were itching so much. Bought some mist stuff that you spray on your eyelids, didn't work. Went back to Piriteze tablets yesterday and hopefully coincidentally felt like I had a chest infection afterwards, I've been fine with them before.

Can deal with the sneezing and runny nose quite eaaily though the sneezing fits can be annoying, it's the itchy eyes and irritated roof of the mouth that gets me down. Had hoped that taking the tablets before the pollen count started rising would work, didn't though unless I'm just using ineffective tablets.