Author Topic: Liverpool 1 Chelsea 0 - all post match comments here  (Read 38768 times)

Offline ALPH1217

• Legacy Fan
  • "C'MON YOU MIGHTY REDS!"
Re: Liverpool 1 Chelsea 0 - all post match comments here
« Reply #320 on: May 3, 2005, 11:07:31 pm »
I'm saying the same thing right now I said after we knocked out Juventus  .  .  I feel like going out and getting pissed even though I don't drink! Great effort, not pretty at times but dammit we deserve it. Special mention to everyone packed into Anfield who made it a night for the ages.

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #321 on: May 3, 2005, 11:07:35 pm »
Remember saying in Cardiff - "Oh let them have this one - so long as we knock them out of the Champions League!" ;D Nice one red men!! Full credit to each and every one of them, fantastic!! (esp Carra - and nobody misses the final thru suspension? Even better! Well deserved Rafa!!

(And from my seat in row 6 of the Kop right behind the goal, it defo looked over the line, whether Maureen thinks so or not!)

"Istanbul, Istanbul, we're the greatest team in Europe and we're going to Istanbul!"   :scarf :scarf :scarf
We are a team of one half.

Offline [streety]

• Craig Davis killed the thread
  • Legacy Fan
    • Coming Soon...
« Reply #322 on: May 3, 2005, 11:08:23 pm »
I can't explain the way i am feeling. After 90 minutes of tension we are through to the final. :)
Carra was amazing but Stevie and Milan were fucking awful. Istanbul here i come!! :wave

Offline Kinch

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #323 on: May 3, 2005, 11:09:51 pm »
"Since the beginning of the world you have fought against our gentle power with your coarse weakness; and when you triumph over us for an hour, you croak and clamour merrily like the frogs of the water. And when we conquer you and subdue you for an age, we remain as silent giants."

Offline Deadlogic

• Legacy Fan
  • Believe
« Reply #324 on: May 3, 2005, 11:10:47 pm »
WOW!  what can I say.  I'm so happy!

I was 8 years old the last time Liverpool got to a European cup final...

EVERY single player tonight was outstanding.

I feel it was a victory for the "man on the street" too, because unlike our opponents - we haven't tried to buy success.

No matter what happens now, we must all give King Rafa our undying support.  There will be mistakes made along the way, and decisions made which we won't all agree with, but let's all keep the faith.  If he can take us to the Champions league final in his first season, with a team of players that most of us thought "weren't up to it", then let's just take a moment to think about what King Rafa WILL achieve when he has an entire team of players that he has brought to the club.

Here's to the future.

The futures bright.

The future is RED!

YNWA.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #325 on: May 3, 2005, 11:12:33 pm »
I suppose he is saying the crowd really spurred us on, but he just cannot bring himself to say it directly.

Chelsea didn't look nervous. That's good, it means the crowd had no effect on them, and it merely means they failed to win on football terms, out there on the pitch.

We had an effect on there players tho, esp in the first half when we pressed their defenders & midfielders not giving them much time on the ball.

It was only in the 2nd half where we gave away too much ground and stopped presssing - luckily Cisse, Kewell and even Nunez done their bit when they came on

Another tactical battle by Rafa, its a real shame we didnt score the second as that wouldve put a real gloss on the game
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Kop King

• Kopite
  • King Robbie
« Reply #326 on: May 3, 2005, 11:12:43 pm »
yyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssssssssssss :scarf
"I said at half time, if we score it could be different, and we did score, and it was different"

Offline Kop King

• Kopite
  • King Robbie
« Reply #327 on: May 3, 2005, 11:13:30 pm »
Click it, you won't be sorry.

http://www.crancho.com/radio.blog4/?autoplay=1

superb mate, got it blasting out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I said at half time, if we score it could be different, and we did score, and it was different"

Offline pucksz

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #328 on: May 3, 2005, 11:13:43 pm »
the only sad thing about tonite's game is someone will miss the start of the finals to make way for xabi.....but we will  be champions.

Offline 26-5-1999

• Boys Pen
« Reply #329 on: May 3, 2005, 11:16:59 pm »
congratulations Wimblepool

Well done for winning in style, its like going back 20 years the only difference was that backpasses were not allowed tonight.
That really shown the continent the way to play football not like that garbage in 1999.

Try not to get us banned for next year, I hope the mayor of Istanbul lays off the booze and the ground is given a once over beforehand, else we will be having another 20 years of "it wasnt our fault"..........

Deal with it... a complete fluke of fortune.... the uncanny nature of the way in which they have scabbed all the way through... IS very reminiscent of the bad old days... but there is NOTHING which justifies your presence in the Final other than sheer fluke. Milan will stuff you and you know it, then you come back to the obscurity.

It could have been Arsenal... or Leverkusen... or Monaco... or any old shite. Such is the format now.

FORZA MILAN!!!!!
15 years and counting YSB...30 miles from greatness

Ta ra partimers ;D

Offline Comb Over

• Main Stander
  • Sir Bob Paisley
« Reply #330 on: May 3, 2005, 11:18:01 pm »
Fuck Off Kezman

Fuck Off Gudjonsen

Fuck Off Fat Frank

Fuck Off Drogba

Fuck Off Maureen

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
"John Houlding is the man to thank .If it wasn,t for him we might all be Evertonians".

Offline Vicente

• Touchy
  • Kopite
« Reply #331 on: May 3, 2005, 11:18:09 pm »
Rafa was absolutely brilliant in the press conference. He really is a honest, humble man, with a love for the game. Love the guy, he's a hero.

Offline Vicente

• Touchy
  • Kopite
« Reply #332 on: May 3, 2005, 11:19:24 pm »

Well done for winning in style, its like going back 20 years the only difference was that backpasses were not allowed tonight.
That really shown the continent the way to play football not like that garbage in 1999.

Try not to get us banned for next year, I hope the mayor of Istanbul lays off the booze and the ground is given a once over beforehand, else we will be having another 20 years of "it wasnt our fault"..........

Deal with it... a complete fluke of fortune.... the uncanny nature of the way in which they have scabbed all the way through... IS very reminiscent of the bad old days... but there is NOTHING which justifies your presence in the Final other than sheer fluke. Milan will stuff you and you know it, then you come back to the obscurity.

It could have been Arsenal... or Leverkusen... or Monaco... or any old shite. Such is the format now.

FORZA MILAN!!!!!

Ta ra partimers ;D

Bitter manc c*nt  :lmao

Offline Realdidi

• Kopite
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #333 on: May 3, 2005, 11:20:34 pm »
Would love us to stuff Milan and just prove that fool wrong
I love Liverpool like a fat kid love Cake

http://twitter.com/#/AlfaEllis

Offline Kop King

• Kopite
  • King Robbie
« Reply #334 on: May 3, 2005, 11:21:16 pm »
what was everyone's heart like when the ball fell to that prick in the 95th minute? :o

Offline Robert_B

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #335 on: May 3, 2005, 11:21:18 pm »
I'm going to explode due to happiness :)

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #336 on: May 3, 2005, 11:22:15 pm »
Please remind me, what were the words again?

Champions League we're having a laugh?

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline zigackly

• ...is Cassius Clay
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You're ferpectly right.
« Reply #337 on: May 3, 2005, 11:22:41 pm »

FORZA MILAN!!!!!

Ta ra partimers ;D

You just keep making my night :wellin
A liar will not be believed, even when he speaks the truth.

Offline BluesFan

• Boys Pen
« Reply #338 on: May 3, 2005, 11:23:08 pm »
So is it gonna be five? I really reckon it's gonna happen.
There weren't any bookings for the players on a yellow and Raffa's had it sorted in Europe so far, and with what looks like Milan in the final (though I hope I'm wrong!), you've gotta be encouraged from the result against Juve in particular.
I hope it's it's gonna happen.
By the way, will probably be watching it in a massive Reds pub in North London (what's all that about?), The Hope & Anchor in Crouch End, for those Reds stuck in London. The Landlord's a Scouser and there's always a big LFC support.
Bring it on!!!

Offline ronster500

• Main Stander
« Reply #339 on: May 3, 2005, 11:23:29 pm »

FORZA MILAN!!!!!

Ta ra partimers ;D

IF you don't get Boddies.... oh yeah, you don't! NAAAAAAA!!!!!

Offline Vicente

• Touchy
  • Kopite
« Reply #340 on: May 3, 2005, 11:25:28 pm »

IF you don't get Boddies.... oh yeah, you don't! NAAAAAAA!!!!!

;D

Good luck in the FA Cup, you c*nts!!

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #341 on: May 3, 2005, 11:26:37 pm »

FORZA MILAN!!!!!

Ta ra partimers ;D

or manure?

fuck off tosser! hahahahahahahahahahahahaaaa even if you'd have waited till tomorrow to post shit like this you wouldn't have sounded any less jealous... oh and how can you talk about flukes? i mean wasn't the whole 1999 thing a fluke... with 2 mins to go an all that?

yuo shit- and yu know you are! champs league finalists/CC finalists- and what exactly did your beloved ferguson do in HIS first year at your shit hole?
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline BristolRed

• Kopite
  • The 96 Never Forgotten.
« Reply #342 on: May 3, 2005, 11:27:26 pm »

FORZA MILAN!!!!!

Ta ra partimers ;D

;D

Look forward to playing you in Istanbul...Oh no i'm sorry you never made it did you :lmao
Never mind we'll show you how to beat Milan you sad Manc twat.
Planner by Day - Part Time Internet Terrorist by Night!

Offline **** The Pain Away.

• the cat who went all Yusuf Islam
  • Kopite
  • "We are the real people's club."
« Reply #343 on: May 3, 2005, 11:29:50 pm »
I think we deserve this after a season full of setbacks (injuries).

Best European night in a very very long time, having supporters like us must be something very special.

Proud.
Meh...

Offline thirdeyeblind

• Even more gullible than billy-b
  • Main Stander
  • The A-Team are innocent
« Reply #344 on: May 3, 2005, 11:30:34 pm »
Muhahahaha! someone a tad bitter? well theres only one solution....GO FUCK YOURSELF ;)

Offline Not worthy

• Anny Roader
  • Raaj Carragher Khalsa
« Reply #345 on: May 3, 2005, 11:30:46 pm »
Terry just said over 2 legs they deserved to go through????

what 2 shots on target and 0 goals??? we should have been 1 up b4 this leg any way.

either way Huth up front just shows Maureens quality against rafa the gaffa. Rafa would never do anything so stupid/desperate...imagine bringing on Pelligrino/hyppia and puting him upfront...amateur!!! they were lucky to beat utd last year although at the time i was happy...hindsight is such a wonderful thing.

.... i feel like posting all night...dont worry mods, u dont have to listen to my boring crap all night.......i'll prob pass out soon!

Offline KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
« Reply #346 on: May 3, 2005, 11:31:30 pm »
To all the LFC players, the manger, the board, the back room guys, the fans, the whole of Merseyside, and everyone else connected at this lovely club......LURVE!
You try me once you beg for more.

Offline Realdidi

• Kopite
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #347 on: May 3, 2005, 11:32:50 pm »
Qoute from another forum...

Well done Liverpool, great game and great result.

And thank you, you've done football a great service, and Roman - you'll need to wait one more year at least before you can buy the Champions League.

Or better yet, you can take your wallet and go home. Please
I love Liverpool like a fat kid love Cake

http://twitter.com/#/AlfaEllis

Offline kopkev

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #348 on: May 3, 2005, 11:33:10 pm »
fuckin manc gon on about luck, bayern hammered them in the final , by the way thats 6 european cup finals, we beat 3 of last seasons semi finalists on the way to the final, beat the last3 finalists, (monaco juventus and leverkusen) shove it up yer arse jealous manc

Offline Comb Over

• Main Stander
  • Sir Bob Paisley
« Reply #349 on: May 3, 2005, 11:33:31 pm »

Or Man U !!!
« Last Edit: May 3, 2005, 11:35:08 pm by Comb Over »
"John Houlding is the man to thank .If it wasn,t for him we might all be Evertonians".

Offline Deadlogic

• Legacy Fan
  • Believe
« Reply #350 on: May 3, 2005, 11:36:30 pm »

FORZA MILAN!!!!!

Ta ra partimers ;D

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Burn!

Istanbul here we come.

Offline KopLadL5

• Main Stander
  • 5 times Champions of Europe
« Reply #351 on: May 3, 2005, 11:36:40 pm »
Got nothing better to do than come to a Liverpool Forum eh Manc?

You...are an inflamed boil on the buttocks of the world.

I don't see you bastards in the Final. As I said before...GO FUCK YOURSELF. :wanker :wanker :wanker

Offline Aremm

• Anny Roader
  • Come On You Mighty Reds
« Reply #352 on: May 3, 2005, 11:37:15 pm »

FORZA MILAN!!!!!

Ta ra partimers ;D

Oh how predictable.

Offline WEST HAM PAUL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles
« Reply #353 on: May 3, 2005, 11:38:00 pm »
Congratulations Liverpool, great stuff tonight was fantastic to see you beat those tossers Chelsea. The crowd was superb, the Kop looking fantsatic. No one does a european night better than Liverpool fans.

Where he got 6 mins from i'll never know, lets hope you win in Istanbul, and then stick it up those Manc c*nts, Well done
Fortunes Always Hiding. 

And The Sun Shines Now

Sex bombs to the left of me would be playboy bunnies to the right and here I am stuck in the middle with my pasty white bird.

Offline BluesFan

• Boys Pen
« Reply #354 on: May 3, 2005, 11:38:10 pm »

FORZA MILAN!!!!!

Ta ra partimers ;D

Forget it, I'm fkn gutted we lost tonight but still appreciate how great the Europeon Cup Final is (and we've not even been there!)....remember Robbie Fowler sticking up four fingers to the Mau U fans...

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
« Reply #355 on: May 3, 2005, 11:38:33 pm »
and the BEST thing...........?????????

that the linesman (who was honest -unlike the referee who gave the uefa cup to porto in 2003) was called...................................................................

ROMAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

surely it couldn't be better.................

carragher,sami,finnan,djimi - IMMENSE

the rest played their hearts out if not technically great

dodgy goal ,but who cares ,exactly the sort of goal that SHOULD beat the likes of Chelsea or Man Utd -thats how they usually win.......

bye bye roman, :wanker :wave :wave
 bye bye maureen, :tosser :tosser :sad
 bye bye crying john terry (dirty f**cker)  :rash
,bye bye fat frank  ;D
,bye bye cheating gloating eidur ( bad luck with the black eye - karma???)  :tosser
bye bye "we're in the final " troll kezman  ;D
 bye bye bulldog ugly fuck cokehead kenyon  :knob :tosser

BYE BYE CHELSEA ,that's TWO (that's 2!!!!) years running you've fell at the final hurdle -what a shame...................... :( :( :'( :'( :'( ;D ;D ;D :wave :wave :wave

you've only bought the double ...............

LIVEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLL
LIVEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLL

YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALOOOOOOOOOOOONE
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline Red Rascal

• Kopite
  • I believe in Liverpool FC!
« Reply #356 on: May 3, 2005, 11:38:42 pm »
Fuck! I was watching alone with the telly in Salford, and was hoarse from shouting after the game, when my bro called me from Malaysia, and we were screaming down our mobiles together...."YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!" It's bloody fucking 4 am where he is, and I said, "You're waking the neighbours and your kids!" And he said he could feel the Kop where he was in Kuala Lumpur!! I salute those out there in the Kop. You guys are immense like Carra! When I saw the players on the pitch and they focus on each one you can see the determination deep down. I knew then that we will give a fight! And like every Liverpool player and supporter, we BELIEVED we can win!! YNWA
"Tactically, I did my job." (Rafa Benitez)

Offline carling

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #357 on: May 3, 2005, 11:39:00 pm »
So proud of my team!  Every one of them out there tonight looked so committed, we wanted it more than them it meant more to us, they'ye just bothered about getting the most roubles!

One thing did you see when Cisse went mad at Terry, Terry shite himself ran behind loadsa players, Cisse did look scary though!

Other thing, Owen was gutted Liverpool went through, he shouldn't be allowed to watch us nevermind make any comments.

Last thing, just saw Phil Thompson on sky, still loves liverpool so much, what a guy!

Offline babzy10

• Anny Roader
  • 25/05/05 Oh What a Night!
« Reply #358 on: May 3, 2005, 11:39:25 pm »
Spent the nght in extra time in london, what an atmosphere, not as good as anfield i'm sure, but for anyone in london a close second i'm sur!!!

come on you redmen!!! :wave

Offline inky2

• Legacy Fan
  • RED FOREVER
« Reply #359 on: May 3, 2005, 11:39:29 pm »
If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you
THEN ISTANBUL IS WHERE YOU'RE GOING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
TRACUTHB  *****