Author Topic: I saw a ghost tonight.  (Read 122555 times)

Offline Drobs

• dnegeL
  • Legacy Fan
  • Someday, everything is gonna be different...
Re: I saw a ghost tonight.
« Reply #120 on: August 22, 2005, 10:58:17 pm »

Maybe at some point I will get the time to write up my own experience.  I don't scare easy.  But boy was I scared one night.

When you've got the time fella, i'd love to hear your account.
**After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music **

Offline The dude abides

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: August 23, 2005, 03:24:08 am »
np, mate.

It's a long story.  So it could be a week or two before i get the time to write it up. 

Offline Socratease

• RAWK Philosopher
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red & White Kop
« Reply #122 on: August 30, 2005, 12:26:41 am »
I don't believe in ghosts.

Something unnerverd me earlier this evening at work. We have three floors for our patients, nursing (where I am now), residential (where I was) and semi dependent (where I have also done many shifts) on the top floor. Residential has been closed down for refurbishment, so the patients have been split between the other two floors. Obviously it makes sense to power down the middle floor (lights, heating, emergency call systems, etc.) but the paperwork for the split patients are still kept there.

Not forgetting that today (29/08/05) was a Bank Holiday it was very quiet, and we were out of sugar for the patient's teas and coffees so I went up to the kitchen (on middle floor) to get some. For no reason whatsoever as I left the kitchen with the bowl of sugar one of our cooks came in and I was so startled that sugar went up in the air and covered both of us. I was so embarrassed! Luckily she laughed it off!

I refilled the sugar bowl and joked with the cook as I left to walk down middle floor to get down stairs to nursing. As I walked down the dark deserted corridor  I saw a door of one of the empty rooms still had it's light switched on near the stair well for downstairs. All the doors were closed as they should be and I could hear two people chatting, obviously it was two of my colleagues removing something or other (clothes, toiletries, etc.) to take to one of the alternate floors that  a patient had relocated to.

The peculiar thing was that I could hear a man's voice, I was the only man in the building, and the rest of my colleagues are female for this day.

Curious, I went to the door at the end of the corridor and turned the handle to open it and the light switched off/disappeared. This was unperturbing to say the least, I opened the door and the draught was so powerful I had to step back. The hairs on the back of my neck were standing on end and  I felt nervous as I stepped into the room to look around and I reached for the light switch to switch the light on, but nothing happened, the light bulb was long gone - there was no light bulb!

This made me very uneasy as I was having to question what I saw!

I closed the door, confused to say the least, and went down to the nursing floor and light heartedly told two of my colleagues what had happened. They became very serious and said that ghosts of past patients and peculiar goings on had been seen before.

As I said, I don't believe in ghosts, my experience unsettled me. I do, however work very long shifts and I'm on anti-biotics (Amoxicillan). Despite the unease, I try to keep it to logic. The mad thing is I still remember every detail!
The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance.

Socrates

Offline The dude abides

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: August 31, 2005, 07:06:14 pm »
fascinating episode, mate!

That would sure have had me shivering too. 

If i get time I'll post my experience this weekend.

Offline Tom iGor

• gifted googler
  • Legacy Fan
  • http://www.minor7th.com/
« Reply #124 on: August 31, 2005, 07:20:49 pm »
>Uponn waking up this morning, I checked my wallet........it was empty!      There was �80 in there when I went out last
>night!   I also felt a bit sick and there was kebab thrown all round the lounge and I had chilli sauce down my front.    I
>think that  there may be a poltergeist in my house!   

lol

Offline cathy-lfc-taff

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: August 31, 2005, 07:48:14 pm »
:D

some of these are creepy!

I do believe on ghosts, definitely. I think if you let them get on with their business then they'll do the same with you. When my Nan died my Mam said she felt something the day after when she was in the kitchen. Just a presence, as if Nan was saying Goodbye. Whether it was a ghost or not, i like to think it was.

Always hearing things upstairs, like furniture being dragged and things being dropped and stuff. Proably just creaking floorboards though!
I wish my balls were as big as Dirk's.

Offline Drobs

• dnegeL
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: September 20, 2005, 07:09:45 pm »
Soooo...  ;D

This one has got me a little stumped...

A mouse came to visit me just lately, little bastard must have had teeth like Bugs bunny cause he sure made some racket chomping on the odd crumb or what not I'd dropped in me room. So of late i got a trap and a torch in my room to try and spot the little fecker then catch him.

Well, i spotted him, there was indeed a mouse and the trap was set. Fast forward a few days to last night...

So there i am, i turned my light off and jump in bed. About 15 minutes later i hear a little rustle and turn over and reach for the torch that i rested on the base of my bed next to me, (this isn't near anything by the way). I pressed the button while quickly pointing it toward the trap and nearly dropped it...The thing was piping hot, i mean car bonnet on a summer's day hot, and all over. I hadn't really paid too much attention to the build of the thing before last night, i presumed it was made of metal.

A little confused i tried to think why. Did i leave it on? No, the last time i even touched it was two nights ago, the batteries would have long since ran out. Did i knock it getting into bed and THEN it went on? Nope it wasn't on when i turned over and besides, torches don't get that hot in 15 minutes or so.

So, what happened to make - what i have since discovered to be a plastic and rubber on the outside torch - that wasnt near anything and DOESNT heat up when left on, feel like a piping hot radiator, so hot i almost had to drop it?

All scientific explanations welcome...

*Walks off whistling the X-files theme tune*
**After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music **

Offline smullo

• RAWK Bonjella Rep
  • Kopite
  • You can't put a price on History
« Reply #127 on: September 20, 2005, 07:19:56 pm »
I was in my mate Jeffs last night, went to the fridge to see what he had in, and there was a packet of golden wonder (who the fuck keeps crisp in the fridge?), and two chocolate bars, thats it.  Closed the fridge to go and look in the cupboards, nothing there.  So I opened back up the fridge and one of the fucking chocolate bars had dissapeared! and this is serious by the way

Where d'ya reckon it went?  ::)
"I hate talking about football. I just do it, you know?" Robbie Fowler

Offline adopted_scouser

• Whooooosssshhh!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • I don't like cats.
« Reply #128 on: September 20, 2005, 07:40:18 pm »
I talk to ghosts in my spare time...

Anyhow, there's nowt to worry about.  I'm a few years into this field, and have NEVER heard of a ghost physically assaulting a human.  Ghosts are exactly the same as humans.  Only dead.
She keeps getting texts off him saying "Oh please take me back, I love you and I'm still not over you". We read them together naked and then we laugh about it. Then she blows me off.

Offline Drobs

• dnegeL
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: September 20, 2005, 08:45:25 pm »
 ;D You sir, should write a book.

Offline hooded claw

• Foiled by the Anthill Mob
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Plate Licked Clean
« Reply #130 on: September 20, 2005, 08:50:57 pm »
I'm a few years into this field

Please, stay there.

Offline Drobs

• dnegeL
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: September 20, 2005, 08:52:17 pm »
The lad is a genius.  ;D

Offline scouse and proud plc.

• Favourite Song: Eye of the tiger - Survivor. Favourite holiday destination - Siberia. Has a weekend drinking problem.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Alright Aldo........
« Reply #132 on: September 20, 2005, 08:55:02 pm »
My paranormal experience lead to my signature.

And also the Formation of Scouse and Proud plc.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2005, 08:56:49 pm by scouse and proud »

Offline casey

• Kopite
  • Justice for the 96
    • HOME OF THE EXILED-SCOUSER
« Reply #133 on: September 21, 2005, 12:49:14 am »
First of all this is not a ghost story but spooky just the same.

In the early 70s there was a medium/spiritulist that lived along West Derby road, near the junction with Shield road.  The back doors of the houses were facing West derby road.

Anyway two 16 year old girls decided to visit this woman, they were bored and thought it would be a giggle.  They arrived, with lots of other people, at the alloted time and left a personal object on a tray in the entrance as instructed.

Evryone then sat in what must have been a living room, and this women entered.  She picked up the various objects one at a time and started to talk to the owner of the object.  After a while she picked up the object of one of the girls looked at her and said

"I can see a babies coffin across your knee"

She said other things, like someone will be ill but get better, things that you expect these people to say, the girls went home feeling rather spooked, but after a day or so of course they found something else to amuse them.

8 years later on a cold winters day a funeral procession went passed the very same house, and a young woman who was sat in the front car with her babys' coffin on her need suddenly remembered the words spoken to her by the woman all those years ago.

You won't get me flicking on a (football) phone in.  I'd rather listen to a game of chess on the radio.  Phone ins are a platform for idiots.

Offline Raz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: September 21, 2005, 01:23:11 am »
I'm getting the shivers reading all this. :)
He then starts trying to punch the ghost and starts telling it to fuck off

Offline smullo

• RAWK Bonjella Rep
  • Kopite
  • You can't put a price on History
« Reply #135 on: September 21, 2005, 01:28:28 am »
I'm getting the shivers reading all this. :)

shite-ing myself here
"I hate talking about football. I just do it, you know?" Robbie Fowler

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #136 on: September 21, 2005, 01:42:58 am »
I'm a few years into this field, and have NEVER heard of a ghost physically assaulting a human.

Of course not. They just take over and wreck havoc having using your body. The end result is great fear, physical damage to the body and most important of all, trauma and lost of faith. Why would they care for your body which will die and return to dust when there is an everlasting soul inside that can be conquered and dominated with fear? ;)
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline Raz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: September 23, 2005, 01:13:06 am »
:D

Offline -Casper-

• Main Stander
« Reply #138 on: September 23, 2005, 01:25:40 am »
I just read all this stuff... gave me goosebumps... and I'm home alone...
... bleed like me ...

Offline Raz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: October 6, 2005, 05:10:54 am »
Any more stories from anyone? I want my fix of the paranormal. :)

Offline Raz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: October 20, 2005, 10:48:45 pm »
bump. ;)

Offline harmar

• Red Red Wine....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: October 20, 2005, 11:02:08 pm »
Any more stories from anyone? I want my fix of the paranormal. :)

www.forteantimes.com, sign up, it's well worth it, go to the "it happened to me" thread, I don't go near it after dark though, quite a few spooky tales !
"To be prepared is half the victory"   Miguel Cervantes

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #142 on: October 21, 2005, 02:08:46 pm »
I've never seen a ghost, but I'm disturbed by the fact that I have 666 messages at the moment.  :o

Offline crownpaints

• Billy Lidl
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Merseyrail stinks of shit
« Reply #143 on: October 27, 2005, 12:14:26 am »
A few weeks ago I caught a glimpse of a grotesque white-faced apparition in the corner of our living room. Turned out to be David Moyes being interviewed on Football Focus.
Mighty Reds

Offline MiniMillsee

• Kopite
  • MICHAEL SHIELDS - Innocent
« Reply #144 on: October 27, 2005, 12:40:49 am »
I've never seen a ghost, but I'm disturbed by the fact that I have 666 messages at the moment.  :o

My old phone number ended in 666 ;D

A few weeks ago I caught a glimpse of a grotesque white-faced apparition in the corner of our living room. Turned out to be David Moyes being interviewed on Football Focus.

LMAO ;D
When You Are First, You Are First. When You Are Second You Are Nothing!

Offline scouse and proud plc.

• Favourite Song: Eye of the tiger - Survivor. Favourite holiday destination - Siberia. Has a weekend drinking problem.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Alright Aldo........
« Reply #145 on: October 31, 2005, 09:02:32 pm »
What's with the 666.
(have been told this but can't remember)

Offline BIGdavalad

• Major Malfunction. Yearns To Be A Crab! MOD Agony Aunt. Dulldream Believer. Is the proud owner of a one year old login time.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: October 31, 2005, 09:09:10 pm »
What's with the 666.
(have been told this but can't remember)

It's the number of the beast (the Devil) from the Bible (his number will be six hundred, three score and six or something similar).
Joining Betfair? Use the referral code UHHFL6VHG and we'll both get some extra cash.

All of the above came from my head unless otherwise stated. If you have been affected by the issues raised by my post, please feel free to contact us on 0800 1234567 and we will send you an information pack on manning the fuck up.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #147 on: October 31, 2005, 09:12:25 pm »
I saw what can only have been a ghost in Cyprus this summer. Stood in the middle of the road, wifes dad drove straight at him, he never saw him, I screamed like a girl, I thought it was a policeman with one of them air traffic control things they wave you down with. Mad as fuck, was sober as a judge.

Offline 5FTH

• <--
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: October 31, 2005, 09:29:12 pm »
I am an ex paranormal investigator [as some of you may know]. Ive seen some things that would make you shit, AND IM A SCEPTIC.

Im not a medium. I dont see dead people, but I have encountered some pretty creepy shit in my time.

Ive been practically strangled half to death by an invisible force and thrown against a wall. Ive been in a room with about a dozen other witnesses who has seen a torso of a woman pass amongst us.

Ive been in contact with a late aunt of mine - I was the only person in the room at the time of the seance who had 'inside knowledge' [remember, I am a sceptic in this!!!] and she talked to me through a medium with stuff that had happened to me that day!

and my favourite experience, is a mate took a photo of me, in Cardiff a few years ago in some underground cafe just before Liverppol played Utd in the charity shield. when the photo was developed there was a stage 2 Orb present just behind me materialising from an old painting of a woman on the wall..... This was not and could not have been faked!

Now I dont believe in ghosts, but there are just some things in life [and death. god bless] that cannot be explained.

Offline Drobs

• dnegeL
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: October 31, 2005, 09:56:26 pm »
You sure the 'orb' wasnt just lens flare? They look very similar.

I havent even seen a fake ghost tonight, pretty shite.  >:(

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: October 31, 2005, 11:33:06 pm »
I've 'felt' the presence of something, but ain't seen shit.

I used to always feel someone standing behind me in my bedroom (could feel the air change around me) in the house I grew up in, still makes me uncomfortable now to the point were I get all fidgety if someone stands at the back of me when i'm sitting down or whatever.

There was one quite freaky thing about that room though, I did that thing where you put a ring or a key, something personal you can get on a string basically, I used a ring, on a piece of rope or cotton and just let it hang in your hand, sounds loopy, but you ask it to 'show a sign for no' and it'll spin one way, and obviously ask it for a yes, and it'll go another way... mine went in a circle motion for yes, and side to side for no, quite distinctly different motions. Everything I asked it, I got my answer and they have so far been right :)

Offline jammy tart

• Main Stander
« Reply #151 on: November 1, 2005, 12:04:10 am »
WOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo. (Piss poor ghost noise)

Tshi thsu tsh tshu tsuuh (Thunder and lightning, its the best I can do with words)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh. (Womans hideous high pitch screeching scream, always necessary to put the willies up you)

If you really want to get scared though, there's still two hours left of Tom Slemen's ghost stories and Pete Price (he's scary enough on his own) on Radio City 96.7 and Magic 1548.
"Of course I didn't take my wife to see Rochdale as an anniversary present, it was her birthday. Would I have got married in the football season? Anyway, it was Rochdale reserves." Bill Shankly

"If a player is not interfering with play or seeking to gain an advantage, then he should be." Bill Shankly on the off-side rule

Offline Gwaihir

• Village People fan (wink wink)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Get busy livin' or get busy dyin'
« Reply #152 on: October 1, 2006, 01:52:54 am »
Er...  :o
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline tomolfc

• Main Stander
  • IN RAFA WE TRUST
« Reply #153 on: October 1, 2006, 03:49:50 am »
All that stuff puts the shits up me, ever since we done that ouji (spelling) board on a grave one night in a old cemetary.

This is the gods honest truth this like, no word of a lie. This is what happened-

Me mates were doing it, one of them had a piece of paper, blank piece. They fucked about with the

board for a while. Said it was a dog or something. Anyway after they'd finished, we were walking along and me mate got stuck, we tried to lift him up, push him but his feet were stuck to the ground mate. He wasnt moving at all, he throws up, goes in his pocket and the piece of paper has the blokes name on it from the grave they did the board from. For months afterwards he was screaming, really hysterical and swore a big black dog was followin him around, we never seen it but he was in such a state he had to see a physciartrist (spelling) Stuff like that has scared me ever since. He still isnt right either

Are you serious?
Liverpool are Europes most succesful team in the last four decades.   FACT

Offline tomolfc

• Main Stander
  • IN RAFA WE TRUST
« Reply #154 on: October 1, 2006, 04:04:39 am »
strange days indeed
Liverpool are Europes most succesful team in the last four decades.   FACT

Offline The dude abides

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: October 1, 2006, 11:22:04 am »
most peculiar, mama

ps - i have never got around as yet to typing up my own very scary night...........long story and very troubling.

Offline Gwaihir

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: October 1, 2006, 11:31:23 am »
You wanna give it a try, rome1977 ?
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline The dude abides

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: October 1, 2006, 11:43:45 am »
Gwaihir, I must type it up sometime.  It is just so long and would need me to sit down for 2 or 3 hours.

Offline Gwaihir

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: October 1, 2006, 12:08:51 pm »
No problem, rome. Whenever you get a chance.

Some good stuff on here.

Offline The dude abides

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: October 1, 2006, 12:10:37 pm »
yes, excellent stuff in this thread mate.

I had forgotten all about this thread, til someone posted to it today. 

Any ghostly experiences yourself?