Author Topic: I saw a ghost tonight.  (Read 122542 times)

Offline Col

• Shaves his tongue and shares makeup tips. May be a little camp.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: I saw a ghost tonight.
« Reply #80 on: August 17, 2005, 07:00:08 pm »
My mum used to work in a place that had a ghost that was nicknames Molly.

She worked in a children's home, converted from an OAPs home which relocated across the road.

Whenever a new member of staff slept over for the first time, Molly would 'walk' - all the staff came to expect it for a while, but some of the stories are mad - feet running up and down locked staircases, toilets flushing in locked bathrooms, keys turning and doors unlocking etc, but the one that I like best is one that happened to me mum one time - asleep in her room (locked from the inside, bunch of keys in the lock) with the bedside lamp at the other side of the table, turned off. Mum was woken up by something to find the light turned on, moved over to her side of the table and pointing right into her face. Madness.
I don't have to sell my soul... he's already in me.

Offline BIGdavalad

• Major Malfunction. Yearns To Be A Crab! MOD Agony Aunt. Dulldream Believer. Is the proud owner of a one year old login time.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: August 17, 2005, 07:03:35 pm »
Would like to have a look at that.

Ask and you shall recieve:
Haunted barracks
Joining Betfair? Use the referral code UHHFL6VHG and we'll both get some extra cash.

All of the above came from my head unless otherwise stated. If you have been affected by the issues raised by my post, please feel free to contact us on 0800 1234567 and we will send you an information pack on manning the fuck up.

Offline Drobs

• dnegeL
  • Legacy Fan
  • Someday, everything is gonna be different...
« Reply #82 on: August 17, 2005, 08:06:11 pm »
Forget about editing man. Imagine for a sec that is is leading them all on. I think it's as credible for him to be 'in touch' with the spirits, than have a whole show based on Editing. Besides, the editors are busy enough making a show with what little they have.
I don't see why anyone would bother. It's hardly primetime. And he seems to have a very successful career outside of that show. He can hardly bust out laughing round your aunts. He would get a kickin' for takin' the piss.

So, actor or not?

Yeah for me, actor.

There is a massive market for it don't forget. The bereaved who would like to say goodbye to loved ones etc etc and plenty of people are fascinated by the idea. I don't believe in ghosts but Ive watched the programme, its entertaining sometimes and they make it look and feel genuine but i don't believe it to be true. If there were such things as ghosts then by now it would have been proven. If these kind of people can walk into a building and try and make contact and do almost everytime, do you not think something of fact could have been produced on the matter by now?

I keep seeing a clip on TV I'm not sure which programme its for but its a similar thing to Acorah's anyway, one of the blokes says in a very feeble and non scared voice "That's the weirdest thing Ive ever seen in my life". If you'd seen a ghost, or had the best encounter of one would you say that LIKE that? Hell no! you'd be shitting your pants.

Funny how they seem to be mainly nocturnal creatures too huh...the old fear of what you don't know/can't see thing again.

**After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music **

Offline Monty.

• Blame it on the Boogies. Apparently has a wife...
  • Legacy Fan
  • I was here before it was shite.
« Reply #83 on: August 17, 2005, 08:44:29 pm »
Have never actually seen a ghost but I have many mental stories.

I used to work at a pub called the portway in Herefordshire, and there was one stroppy spirit in there. Threw a stapler at my mate's head when she was alone in the bar.

When working at River Island in my gap year there was another stroppy one who shoved me down the stairs of the stockroom. A friend said she saw a woman up there dressed in black, sewing a load of material. We later found out that years ago it had been a seamtress'. (If that is actually a word).

I left there and worked in the booth hall pub next door, could always feel someone watching me when I went upstairs to the then often empty function room or down into the cellar. The landlord's son was a keen boxer and kept his punchbag upstairs in the function room. One of the girls went up there the one day to get some glasses and was chatting away to Jon while he was training, he wasn't answering. She couldn't really see him cos he was behind the bag. She looked up at him to take the piss out of him for being ignorant...it wasn't him. And she could see straight through this person.

My brother died on a sunday at 8:30am. I woke up at that exact time with a start, sat bolt upright. Although I think I knew deep down, I convinced myself to go back to sleep. Mum came up 2 hours later and I knew before she even got up the stairs. I cried for literally a minute, hysterically (as you do) but sudeenly stopped and felt calm. I slowly got colder and colder, and spent the next few days absolutely freezing. A friend said it was probably Kev with me, which i thought was bollocks. But the one day, I was sat next to our roaring coal fire, wearing two pairs of socks jeans and a huge sheepskin jumper. I was so cold my fingers were blue. In the end I said "Look mate, if you're looking after me that's great, I really do appreciate it. But can you do me a favour and FUCK OFF BECAUSE I AM BLOODY FREEZING!!! I can't take it anymore!"  ;D As soon as I said that, the cold lifted out of me, starting at my head, working down my body and then my feet. I felt warm again. And nearly shit myself with shock.  ;D

More recently, Mum moved some photos around on the living room wall. Swapped Kev and his wife's photo with one of my sister and her husband. She made sure they were secure then walked out. She heard a noise and went back into the living room to see the picture of my sister and her husband on the floor, with cracks in the glass. "No need for that you little shit!" she said.

We were talking about him the other day (when it was very hot with no breeze at all) and were taking the piss out of him somewhat. The back door then slammed shut. We laughed for a while about that once we'd apologised.

On a similar day the door slightly opened. "You'll have to open it more than that if you're wanting to come it you fat bugger." Again it slammed shut.

Could be a right stroppy bugger when he wanted to.  ;D

Essay over.  ;D
Probably most famous for my views on Jodie Marsh.

Offline Drobs

• dnegeL
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: August 17, 2005, 09:07:18 pm »
Thanks for the essay Monty luv. I still dont believe and i do think most things can be rationally explained. But each to their own.  :wave
**After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music **

Offline Jessie

• Kopite
« Reply #85 on: August 17, 2005, 09:16:09 pm »
After my dad died I found it really difficult to cope ......I was on the verge of suicide.

Then one night I woke up and sat up to see what time it was (couldn't see the clock from lying down)

The time was 10 to 2 in the morning, the time I was born at. I lay back down

As I lay awake I was looking around the room and then I saw my dad sitting on the chair in the bedroom

He wasn't really transparent or floating he just sat and spoke to me ... he told me he was ok and I had to look after my mum and my kids... then he was gone.

As he was talking I was  pinching my hubby to wake him up I wanted him to see unfortunately he woke up after my dad had gone

I told him what had happened and he said "You've just been dreaming" so I told him the time & his response? "shut up you're scaring me"

Before his funeral, My sister and father in law and neighbours all reported seeing a man who looked just like my dad my baby nephew thought it was his grandad...walking a Cairn Terrier (my mum and dad had a cairn at the time)

After his funeral this man was never seen again

The odd thing was my dad never ever believed in ghosts

Offline BIGdavalad

• Major Malfunction. Yearns To Be A Crab! MOD Agony Aunt. Dulldream Believer. Is the proud owner of a one year old login time.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: August 17, 2005, 09:21:36 pm »
One of Mrs BDL's mates used to clean in one of the squaddie clubs in Tidworth when we lived there (AKs behind the NAAFI shop on Station Road for anyone who knows Tidworth). Aparently back in the 1960s (her mate is an older lady and remembers it happening) the manager of the club sacked some guy, who then hid in a cupboard one night after the manager had kicked everyone out and stabbed the manager to death. Since then her mate has quite often opened up first thing and found every cupboard in the place open, including the one where the murderer apparently hid, which due to remodelling is now 30 feet off the ground.
Joining Betfair? Use the referral code UHHFL6VHG and we'll both get some extra cash.

All of the above came from my head unless otherwise stated. If you have been affected by the issues raised by my post, please feel free to contact us on 0800 1234567 and we will send you an information pack on manning the fuck up.

Offline Spartacus.

• I dragged Rafa into the pub. Knits only with the finest quality Wools.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • KFS
« Reply #87 on: August 17, 2005, 10:21:01 pm »
So..for you did that UFO equal Alien spacecraft or unofficial aircraft?

It’s not too late to answer this question is it?  It’s only been ten months since you asked it.   ;D

It was a unidentified flying object but for sure it was aliens.

RAWK anti scouse?
YNWA is more than a song, think about it.

Offline Drobs

• dnegeL
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: August 17, 2005, 10:25:14 pm »
It’s not too late to answer this question is it?  It’s only been ten months since you asked it.   ;D

It was a unidentified flying object but for sure it was aliens.

;D Unfortunately ive seen your postings so any comments about abductions sadly go out the window. But you can never be too late when it comes alien crafts my dear!

Offline Monty.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: August 17, 2005, 10:25:33 pm »
I've seen a UFO as well, and I don't know what it equalled ;D

Still can't believe it, but was with 4 others and we all saw the same thing.... ???

Wierd.

Offline Curly Tom

• Has no life.
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Anfield Shrine
« Reply #90 on: August 17, 2005, 10:26:55 pm »
Was it the moon dee?  :P

"I lived my dream today, I lived it yesterday, and I'll be living yours tomorrow, anything else to say?"

Offline Spartacus.

• I dragged Rafa into the pub. Knits only with the finest quality Wools.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • KFS
« Reply #91 on: August 17, 2005, 10:28:22 pm »
;D Unfortunately ive seen your postings so any comments about abductions sadly go out the window. But you can never be too late when it comes alien crafts my dear!

Hey what do you mean "you've seen me postings" :D

I seen it, in Kirkby (say no more) it was on the local news and radio, loads of people spotted it.... deffo aliens
RAWK anti scouse?
YNWA is more than a song, think about it.

Offline Ghazi

• Kopite
  • Chicago Mojo
« Reply #92 on: August 17, 2005, 10:28:37 pm »
I've seen a UFO as well, and I don't know what it equalled ;D

Still can't believe it, but was with 4 others and we all saw the same thing.... ???

Wierd.

If this was on your bday night it may merely have been the ceiling lights as you looked up from your position on the pub floor.
ooooooooohhh. . .the pedigree of that shot!. . . .

Offline Monty.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: August 17, 2005, 10:32:36 pm »
Was it the moon dee?  :P

::) No..... ;D

If this was on your bday night it may merely have been the ceiling lights as you looked up from your position on the pub floor.

I was only 13 at the time ;D

Offline Curly Tom

• Has no life.
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Anfield Shrine
« Reply #94 on: August 17, 2005, 10:33:28 pm »
::) No..... ;D

I was only 13 at the time ;D

so? you were going to Play at 13 weren't you? :P

"I lived my dream today, I lived it yesterday, and I'll be living yours tomorrow, anything else to say?"

Offline Monty.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: August 17, 2005, 10:42:23 pm »
so? you were going to Play at 13 weren't you? :P

How VERY dare you. ;D

I was fifteen whenI started going there, Tom. FIFTEEN. ::)

;D

Offline Dread Breath

• Resident Lecter. Convicted of crimes against Andrew Symonds and pensioned off to Australia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: August 17, 2005, 10:47:55 pm »
I once knew an old nun who looked like a ghost. One day she said in this eerie, spectre-like voice: "You will be Prime Minister of Australia one day!" I said: "That'd be fucking ace!!" Then she hit me for swearing. And I'm still not Prime Minister, yet. Coincidence? I think not.
Blame me for all the draft threads on RAWK

Offline DaveLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: August 17, 2005, 11:36:27 pm »
I used to be a medium, however nowadays I wear a large... ba-da-boom-tish....

Anyway don't doubt you saw something in that park Motty.. but I just cannot bring myself to believe in ghosts. However in the RAF we did have one building that everyone got spooked about. One night I was checking the place with a dog handler and his dog, the dog got spooked and started barking at the door, there was no one there at all and it was very strange.

It happened again, different policeman and different dog handler later that year.

Years later I was chatting to another copper that had served on the same base, I asked him to name the spookiest building he had ever known and he named that one. it just had somthing about it, the hairs on your neck would stand up and you would feel cold. I never saw anything or heard anything. But I hated going in there on my own and avoided it when possible.

It's not as if anyone warned me or put the idea into my head.

I'd do some asking around about this woman you saw, it could be someone else has seen her... 
The consequences of rejecting reality are not immediate but they are inevitable

Offline Gilly La

• shite speller, secure wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • Grrrrrrrrrrrrr
« Reply #98 on: August 18, 2005, 12:43:45 am »
I had to turn the light on to read this thread.

Anyway, not so much a ghost story, but  supernatural story nonetheless.
About 10 years ago we were moving into a new house, and me ma had a bugger of a time with the local council, who were trying to take the house away from her.
The story goes that there was a file on the case, ready for when me mum took the council to court, but this file was "lost" in the council office and we got the house.
Any way, we finally get the house and notice something bizarre, the decor of the living room and kitchen was exactly the same as me nan's flat. (my nan had died the previous year). It wasn't the usual type of carpets and wall paper, it was a very distinctive type.
Slightly unnerved by this, we looked around the bedrooms and were picking which rooms we were gonna have and the same scenario unfolded with one of them being decorated in exactly the same way as my nan's old room. I decided on the spot that room would be mine.
I've always believed that my nan played a part in my mum getting that house, with the lost file and all the coincidences.
FOLLER ME ON TWITTER YER WOOLS

@gillythinks

Offline Another-kop-hero

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #99 on: August 18, 2005, 09:33:28 am »
Never seen anything, but the house I'm in now has had a few 'happenings' - things disappearing and appearing in places they shouldn't be in days later, stuff like that. One of the houses at the other end of the patch had to get exorcised because there were two ginger kids in there and things were getting thrown round and stuff.

Some of the camps in Germany are very haunted - Hohne is literally about 100 yards from the old Bergen-Belsen concentration camp and there is a lot of activity reported there - the married quarters there were used as accomodation for the SS guards and apparently you can still hear jackboots going up and down stairs at night, and a Geordie Sergeant Major woke up one night, saw two kids stood at the end of his bed and never set foor in his house again. There's a whole thread of Army ghost stories on an Army messageboard I go on, I'll try and find it and post the link.
You posted that a while back dint ya i remeber reading it scared the shit outta me some of those stories  ;D

Offline BIGdavalad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: August 18, 2005, 09:43:32 am »
You posted that a while back dint ya i remeber reading it scared the shit outta me some of those stories  ;D

I might have, now I think of it - the search wasn't working last night when I tried to find out if I had or not.

Offline JŁŁRARD

• Thai me up, Thai me down.
  • Legacy Fan
  • be nice or F.O.
« Reply #101 on: August 18, 2005, 10:03:18 am »
I went to Cambodia last year and I stayed at Le Meridien Ankor as I was invited to do teh hotel review there. Its newly opened and I can see The Angkor Wat from my bedroom.

After a long day expedition around Siem Riep, I came back to the hotel around 8pm so I needed to take shower before going to sleep.

The bathroom is kinda open bathroom as the space between the closet and shower space has no door or partition. As I was having shower, I saw a man appeared on teh reflection of the stainless shower button. I thought thast it was a reflection from the light in the closet that I kept it opened so I walked out of the bathroom to close the closet. 

I took a deep breathe before checking at the shower botton again because I wanna make sure that theres nothing there cos I will have to sleep alone that night. So i looked at it again and of course, that man was still there.. looking at me. His neck is incline as hes hiding behid the closet to watch me taking shower.

..........I had no choice, I pretended that I didnt see him I just took shower and left the bathroom quietly and forced myself to sleep..
my twitter rant: @jeerard

Online kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #102 on: August 18, 2005, 11:06:53 am »
When in York a few years ago I climbed over a fence to take a few photies in some old Abbey thing, it wasnt until i got home and got the photies developed there's a shape of what appears to be some hooded monk in the background.

It could be bad lighting or a piss stain on the wall but it freaked me out and a few freinds too.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline walshys_mullet

• Aka walshys_mullet. Thinks manager is a coward. Only posts in match threads every other week due to rotation. We suspect this is John Aldridge or Andy Gray posting under a pseudonym.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #103 on: August 18, 2005, 12:44:09 pm »
My cousin lived in runcorn and in the early eighties he used to visit his girlfriend on week nights by cutting across little used  field with a rough track. As you know a lot of runcorn is in rural areas.

Anyway while riding back home at dusk he saw a woman at the top end of the field dressd in white, by the time he got to the gate she had gone and he didnt think much about it. Anyway this happened for a few nights then one night he was peddling across the field when he caught up with her and passed her, after passing her he looked back to get a glimpse of her and she had dissappeared.

With this he bricked it and peddled like mad to the end of the field, when he got to the end he looked back and there she was right next to him face to face, in his face.

he dropped the bike and ran home. next day my uncle went back with him, the bike was still there where he'd left it. he never went across there again and he never ever will talk about it.

he also used to live opposite the fields surrounding Norton priory and the water tower and at night had nightmares of monks walking across the fields to his house. A few months later some archaelogists where doing some digging in the field and dug up several bodies of monks who had been buried there from Norton priory.
"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."

The Great 'Should have been Sir' Bob Paisley

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #104 on: August 19, 2005, 12:18:56 pm »
Don't know if this qualifies, but what the heck.

Just came back from work just an hour ago from the office's computer lab. It was already almost 6 pm and it was deserted. Nobody else was in except me and if anybody is nearby you can hear the footsteps. Locked the adjacent server room were some of the stuff are kept. Seeing that a couple of PCs are still one, so I went to turn them off while picking up an AVR which was spoilt, next to the computer.

That moment I heard the doorknob of the server room rocking, as if someone is there trying to open it though it was locked. As I stood up, it stopped, my eyes looking at the door, trying to see (rather not) if someone is inside but heck, nobody else was within 20 metres but myself!

I felt both hot and cold as the heart beat like mad, did the Lord's Prayer and locked up, left.

The office building has had it's fair share of such stories but I didn't thought I would experience one!
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline Drobs

• dnegeL
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: August 19, 2005, 12:25:19 pm »
did the Lord's Prayer and locked up, left.

School boy error! See, if it was an evil spirit then you've just pissed him off big time by reciting some bible stuff, better to ask him if he's forgot his keys or something. He is now obviously going to haunt you for the rest of your days and make your home his home.

Mwuahahahahahahaha!

:P

Offline Kysey17

• Too Young to Use Ticket Exchange
  • Main Stander
« Reply #106 on: August 19, 2005, 01:33:06 pm »
When my grandad died in 93 about 6 months had passed and i remember my mum tellin me a dream she had that her dad (my grandad) was at the end of her bed. The nite after she gets on the phone to her sister who lives in Manchester and says to her "you'll never believe da dream i had last nite"

Before my mum can finish my Auntie says " don't tell me dad was at the end of your bed". Turns out they'd both had da same dream. Only thing is i don't think it was a dream for the pair of them!
What we Achieve in Life, Echoes In Eternity

Offline Gaby

• Kemlynite
« Reply #107 on: August 19, 2005, 03:59:25 pm »
my mate ann is an intelligent of sound mind girl but she swears that when she was younger she saw fairies on top of her wardrobe. she says that she rubbed her eyes and they were still there she wasnt drunk/on drungs whatever. Whenever i get her to tell me the story to laugh she gets really annoyed and says its up to you but i know what i saw.

on another note you can believe it or not (i told my school kids this they think i'm a loon) when i was about 7 i got stuck in the deep end of the swimming pool and went under i breathed under water until the instructor came and pulled me up. believe it or not it happened!
queen of the albert

Offline HelterSkelter

• Kopite
« Reply #108 on: August 19, 2005, 07:22:15 pm »
Something happened to me when i went to pick up my sister from her dancing class in Lark Lanes Old police staion about 13 years ago. As things stand im putting it down to ghosts because i cant explain it, though if someone here has an explanation I want to hear it.

My dad used to go pick up my sister from her dancing class about 5.30pm, he would sit outside in the car and send me in to get her. I go into the first hall, its a large room that has a suspended ceiling with the fibre squares, similar to most offices/schools.

The girls are dancing in the next room, and i must be pretty early because im the only one in the room which is usually busy, so i just wait about.

I start hearing noises from above me,  was like a whispering sound, i could hear what sounded like hushed speach but could make out no words. I look up to where the sound is coming from, and the fibre squares that make up the ceiling begin to lift.
They lift (tilt really, one end being lifted while the other end is in place) in no particular order one after another, So as one drops back down another one lifts at the same time, at another side of the ceiling.

After about 20 seconds of this i have shat myself and am running outside to me dad, he laughs and sends me back. I went back in when more people arrived and it was normal.

Could people walk on one of those ceilings?

Ive seen them getting installed and i doubt they could take the weight of one child, never mind the 2 or 3 it would of took to do the syncronised lifting.

Offline Slugworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: August 19, 2005, 07:29:40 pm »
Those tiles can be lifted by a draft
"There's no excuse for erectile dysfunction. If you see a fanny, gents, it's your duty to conquer it like a sleepy village. No prisoners" The Big Sam

Offline theCanadian

• Potential grass
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: August 20, 2005, 12:06:40 am »
Why be scared of something that is trying to make contact?

Why do people feel this way?

Cuz it's fuckin' creepy, simple as.
Those who dwell, as scientists or laymen, among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life. - Rachel Carson

Offline Beef

• Jerky
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: August 20, 2005, 12:16:39 am »
This will sound really stupid, but it happened. Before I was born my grandad died in 1989. (my other Grandad is still alive) so this all happened when I was about 3 years old. I hadnt ever seen a picture of my grandad up to this age, and I probably didnt even know who he was. So one night when my mum was giving me a bath, I must have looked up into the light and my mum told me that I described a man in army uniform and I described his face and everything, and it turned out that the person I described was the exact description of my grandad as he used to be in the army. When I seen a pic a few years later, he looked like the man I described, it may sound stupid, funny or unbelivable but that is what happened.

Just to add that you shouldnt really be scared of dead people or ghosts or anything like that because they cant harm you, it is the living that you need to watch out for. And there is something else that I have just remembered as well, my nan has got a brother, and apparently every couple of weeks he gets visitors from his dead family, so far he has seen my nans mum, dad and my nans other brother and sister who are all dead, he can see their full body, and when he talks to them he can only ask them questions where the answers are yes or no, this is pretty freaky but again, it really happened.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2005, 12:19:35 am by Shaun - Beef™ »

Offline Jessie

• Kopite
« Reply #112 on: August 20, 2005, 01:26:56 am »
This link ties in with this thread...............

Have you had a past life?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/apps/ifl/refresh/gigaquiz.pl?path=personality/pastlive&infile=pastlive :o

Offline Beef

• Jerky
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: August 20, 2005, 02:07:38 am »
My results for that quiz May25 are:

Highly evolved soul, with many previous lives
You’ve certainly lived before, many times. Your soul is highly evolved and has learnt many of the lessons it must learn. You almost certainly have some kind of higher purpose in this lifetime and u should look inwards, into your spiritual self, for answers about how u can best use this lifetime.

Pay close attention to those u instinctively connect with. They are your soul companions and have probably journeyed with u through previous lives, as well as this one. Likewise, be very wary of those u instinctively dislike, sadly, not everyone means u well. Don’t fret if u find this all kinda spooky! Spiritual purpose often doesn’t become clear and understood until quite late in each lifetime.

Offline Simon C

• witty wording
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tries to post intelligently and normally fails..
« Reply #114 on: August 20, 2005, 10:15:55 am »
Sounds like the Most Haunted crew are needed, Derek Acorah used to play for the REDS in the days of Shankly.

Offline Beef

• Jerky
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: August 20, 2005, 12:55:10 pm »
He wasnt very good though was he? ???

Offline Simon C

• witty wording
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tries to post intelligently and normally fails..
« Reply #116 on: August 20, 2005, 01:00:29 pm »
Played a couple of games but mostly in the reserves, wasn't called Acorah either but can't remember his real name.

Offline scouse and proud plc.

• Favourite Song: Eye of the tiger - Survivor. Favourite holiday destination - Siberia. Has a weekend drinking problem.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Alright Aldo........
« Reply #117 on: August 20, 2005, 10:12:25 pm »
Same as Shaun for me

Offline The dude abides

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: August 21, 2005, 05:38:42 pm »
I don't think anyone can appreciate the power of these events until they experience them. I admit that I believed in it before Monday night, but I will swear till the day I die what we saw was real.

I TOTALLY agree.

Unless you experience something strange like this, you cannot begin to understand how unnerving it can be.

And I don't agree with those who say there is nothing to be frightened of re these unworldly events.  There are plenty of evil spirits out there (not just the spirits of our loved ones)

Maybe at some point I will get the time to write up my own experience.  I don't scare easy.  But boy was I scared one night.

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #119 on: August 21, 2005, 06:01:51 pm »
Just to add that you shouldnt really be scared of dead people or ghosts or anything like that because they cant harm you, it is the living that you need to watch out for.

Let me remind you that it's a risky assumption to make unless you know very clearly if these 'spirits' are 'friendly' - you won't, ever know the answer to that. And yes, they can harm you by leading you astray or believing in things you shouldn't. How many of those 'they told me to' murder stories have you heard? Amityville being one famous example.

My advice - steer clear. They are not to be dabbled with; the unknown.

Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released