Author Topic: 2024 Europa League Final | Atalanta v Leverkusen | Wed 22nd May, an 8pm kick off  (Read 7703 times)

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
Atalanta can really punish you if you're not properly on it as we know. Worst team for us to get really the way they play, if they win the trophy beating Leverkusen it puts our defeat to them in a bit of perspective, as bad as it was.

Leverkusen haven't been that convincing in Europe though. Last minute goal to save them going out to 10 man Qarabag, West Ham had them on the ropes in the second leg but they scored late goals at the end of both ties, Roma nearly forced extra time and it took another 97th minute goal to stop them at least losing the second leg.

Gutted we're not the ones beating them. Weather (here and there) would have been a bit of a letdown though for a European final.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2024, 08:34:09 pm by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
Nice dive by Adli. Arsenal will be interested in him.

Either him or Lild.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Winning without winning
Next year is their year

Offline Buster Gonad

• Kopite
This could be over before half time if the Germans don't wake up.

Xabi has form. Don't rule out Guinnesstanbul

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Jurgen YNWA

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan

This time next year Dekkers, we’ll be winners

Offline Redbonnie

• Kopite
My other half was always saying lookman was a great player when at Everton. Just couldn’t understand them selling him…vindicated😆

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
 Bad tackle that

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
That’s a bad challenge - Orange card
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
Ive been hearing for weeks about how Wirtz is worth 200m….
Where is he

He looks like a German Jamie Vardy.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
This could be over before half time if the Germans don't wake up.

The mistake we made against Sevilla was not killing it off, although they have got the second goal. Atalanta not easy to get it back against.

Offline elkun

• Kopite
Anyone stream for the match?
Sorry for asking again but does anyone have a stream?

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
Atalanta were great against us and people couldn’t acknowledge it

Perfect gameplan and everything went their way. Elliott hits the underside of the bar at 0-0. That goes in and we could have won 3-0 ourselves.

Totally did a job on us though. First half was pretty even and then they punished us on the break second half.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
This must be Kolasinac’s twin, the footballer.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Can't help sorry, watching on TNT itself
Jurgen YNWA

Offline cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Atalanta fully deserves this cup. Out of our losses this year, that 0-3 was the only one in which I was more impressed by the performance of the opposition than I was pissed off by our lack thereof. We did play like shit, of course, but they definitely earned that win.

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
Atalanta showed against us that they can set up very well tactically when they identify a weakness and the whole team will stick to the plan.

I think both us and Leverkusen have been very naive against them. It's all well and good trying to play your normal game, but they obviously setup to negate that. They make sacrifices to do that, so changes are needed to try and exploit them rather than just playing into their hands.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
Good game this ...made all the more watchable by not having Fletcher, Macmanaman and Lucy Ward polluting the enjoyment factor....
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
Ederson …. Never heard of him but looks awesome in midfield.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Who didn’t acknowledge it?
Yeah my recollection is that most of us did.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
If this goes to 3-0 before HT, It’s fine. Xabi knows the way back

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
Good game this ...made all the more watchable by not having Fletcher, Macmanaman and Lucy Ward polluting the enjoyment factor....

Coisty getting a bit excited at times

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
Perfect gameplan and everything went their way. Elliott hits the underside of the bar at 0-0. That goes in and we could have won 3-0 ourselves.

Totally did a job on us though. First half was pretty even and then they punished us on the break second half.

We wouldn't have won 3-0 ourselves. They'd probably have got back into the game and turned it around. I think it's fair to acknowledge that they were better on the night and completely deserved their win.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline gemofabird

• Legacy Fan
Free on Discovery plus if you register bud
The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
If this goes to 3-0 before HT, It’s fine. Xabi knows the way back

Was going to post that Xabi knows all about getting battered in the 1st half of a major European final ;D
Jurgen YNWA

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
Was going to post that Xabi knows all about getting battered in the 1st half of a major European final ;D
And If it’s only 2-0 he can tell them all he’s been in worse situations

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
They are cutting through them so easily.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
Thats some pressing

Offline eyescream

• ewes'cream
  • Kopite

Offline Boston Bosox

• Legacy Fan
Poor Final Ball Again

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
They are cutting through them so easily.
Like knife through butter?

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
We wouldn't have won 3-0 ourselves. They'd probably have got back into the game and turned it around. I think it's fair to acknowledge that they were better on the night and completely deserved their win.

Probably not but the game is a different dynamic then with our tails up and confident, crowd get going and they could wilt or drop off a bit.

Our XG was about 2.50. We were a shambles without possession in that game (and bad in possession) but we should have scored a couple at least. That's not including Salah's offside goal which was tight. Crucial point as well either at 1-0 or 2-0.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
Frank Zappa(costa) played really well and aggressively at Anfield too.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
We dodged a bullet here folks. Alonso's being schooled by the white haired guy in the tracksuit top.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
Ademola Messi

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Leverkusen been absolutely terrible. Atalanta been fantastic.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Finally can see Xabi go through some adversity.. there’s a Liverpool manager in there somewhere.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
Leverkusen been absolutely terrible. Atalanta been fantastic.

Leverkusen have had a few in Europe. Qarabag away they got a chasing and needed late goals, nearly went out in the home leg as well. West Ham first half in the 2nd leg gave them a bit of a going over but didn't put their chances away. Roma could have put them out as well.

Atalanta not a team you can have an off night against.