Author Topic: PL: Liv 4 vs 2 Spur Mo 16’ Robbo 45’ Gakpo 50’ Elliot 60’ BS 73’ Son 77’  (Read 11301 times)

Offline BTGH

• Anny Roader
Really, the defence needs to wake the fxxk up. Do we really need to continue to score 3, 4 goals before we can win games?

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
But Spurs are 0-4 heroes, easy to play when you have nothing to play for.

If I was a Spurs fan I'd be livid with the fact their midfield prior to the subs was so bereft of creativity and drive. They looked a lot better once we dropped into first gear after the fourth goal and they accordingly took more risks.

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Great fun for 70 minutes then the last 20 were a reminder of why the season has fallen apart.

Pretty much sums it up.

Was a totally different game once they made their changes and we took off Robbo and Endo

I know Salah played well and got the opener but, for me, he continues to be incredibly frustrating. I no longer have any faith in him (nor Nunez) when we break and even when they're bearing down on goal. It's almost guaranteed to hit the keeper in the chest or if Salah has a defender in front he'll just bounce it off the defenders heels.

Good to see Stefan back. Genuinely don't know how I'll handle the emotion in Anfield on the 19th for Jurgen.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
We're a top class DM and goal scorer away from winning the league imo.

And some concentration pills.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
Arsenal loses their last 2 ans City their last 3, we win this thing

Was buzzing with that one before with me mate . Conceding them two goals has spannered our goal difference though.

Never Give Up . 
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Switched off for the first goal of there’s and then it was always going to be a bit weird given last season but we recovered well enough.

Great first 70, much better all round. Absolutely Roma’d them!

Offline mullyred94

• Legacy Fan
  • Darwin Nunez's lovechild

We score enough, we concede to many.

The switch off at 4-0 proves that.

Offline BTGH

• Anny Roader
Where was this level of offensive 7performance in the month of April?

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

It's gonna happen :scarf
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Didn't watch but it sounded like a very comfortable win. The last 20' are why we are third, we're just too open defensively which makes it difficult when it really matters.

Anyway, CL football was the target and we have it. Harvey with a great goal.
« Last Edit: May 5, 2024, 06:37:05 pm by MonsLibpool »

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jόrgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Where was this level of offensive 7performance in the month of April?

We had players in and out of the side getting their rhythm back, and now most of them are looking better.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Paul_h

• Legacy Fan
lost our shape a little when Endo and Mac went off..alowed them back in it. Baj wasn't up to the pace of the game initially, but put some nice passes together. Good to see him back.
Grav was a little lazy, I thought when he came on.
we should have had someone on Son towards the end.
Should have had more goals too..
Ellitots was a fantastic goal..Deserved MoM, closely followed by Gapko
« Last Edit: May 5, 2024, 06:40:07 pm by Paul_h »

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
Bajcetic has the DM covered. Gonna be a monster
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline QC

• rawks Lionel Hutz, ambulance chaser.Sucks up to the wrong type of Mod.
  • Legacy Fan

The switch off is more to do with where we are in the season, and the luxury subs we put on. Wouldn't have gone that way if we were still in the run imo.

I don't think we score enough of our chances at all - Spurs are just a very open side.

Offline QC

• Legacy Fan

Next season will come too soon for him imo, we need someone seasoned there.

Offline petercormack

• Main Stander
Pretty much sums it up.

Was a totally different game once they made their changes and we took off Robbo and Endo

I know Salah played well and got the opener but, for me, he continues to be incredibly frustrating. I no longer have any faith in him (nor Nunez) when we break and even when they're bearing down on goal. It's almost guaranteed to hit the keeper in the chest or if Salah has a defender in front he'll just bounce it off the defenders heels.

Good to see Stefan back. Genuinely don't know how I'll handle the emotion in Anfield on the 19th for Jurgen.
Yep Nunez doesn't have a football brain and Salah no longer has the confidence and/ or ability to out run defenders & not convinced Salah can be converted to a more central role.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
We looked fine as long as Endo was playing.

Offline Le Westalero

• Main Stander
  • You can count on Jόrgen Norbert Klopp
Honestly, I'm quite sad about us winning today.

Not because of the win but the context. It just shows that we're still capable of winning and scoring and makes the losses to Palace and Everton even more bitter. And the draws to West Ham and United of course.

Nevertheless good win, good game, Harvey as MOTM for me. Salah needs to do more with his opportunities that he's been given throughout the game but can't complain that much more.

Offline mushi007

• Main Stander
Amen

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan

Not because of the win but the context. It just shows that we're still capable of winning and scoring and makes the losses to Palace and Everton even more bitter. And the draws to West Ham and United of course.

Nevertheless good win, good game, Harvey as MOTM for me. Salah needs to do more with his opportunities that he's been given throughout the game but can't complain that much more.
There's a difference between playing under pressure and playing when the pressure is off.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
Important we got the 4th just before their subs which perked them up.

Last season we threw away a 3 goal lead with these. We struggle to adapt when the momentum shifts.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline mullyred94

• Legacy Fan
The switch off is more to do with where we are in the season, and the luxury subs we put on. Wouldn't have gone that way if we were still in the run imo.

I don't think we score enough of our chances at all - Spurs are just a very open side.

Clean sheets win titles, something that we have been lacking this season.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jόrgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
Still in the title chase (technically).
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline QC

• Legacy Fan
Clean sheets win titles, something that we have been lacking this season.

I don't disagree - thus the need for a DM.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan

Possibly, its not something we need to dwell on today but we have conceded 38 goals now and a good chance we end this season letting in over 40 goals. That needs addressing.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
Next season will come too soon for him imo, we need someone seasoned there.
I think he’s ready if his body is
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline mullyred94

• Legacy Fan
Possibly, its not something we need to dwell on today but we have conceded 38 goals now and a good chance we end this season letting in over 40 goals. That needs addressing.

10 more than Arsenal I believe, last time I checked they conceded 28?

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
Was nice of us to make Spurs feel better about themselves after getting hammered again and keep that as a basketball game rather then killing it off

Offline Magz50

• Legacy Fan
Much much better. Watched it with my spurs supporting mate and he was livid at the line up.

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Also, it’s not being mentioned at all but, The Pigeon obstructs Trent right before their second, it’s a free out.

Offline Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan

It's a s good as ours.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?

Salah will not get a better opportunity than the one he miscued out of play.

I really do not want to remember the Salah of the second half.

Offline art03

• Kopite
Any striker with a brain takes it around the keeper there and there's no possibility of a save.

At that speed? I'm sure you are one of those said strikers right?

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
We looked fresher and sharper for most, but not all, of that. Spurs are easier to score against than those 5-across-the-back low block teams, but we still, with better finishing and decision making, could have racked up 7 or 8.

However, we were ragged the last 20 (to be honest the first 10 weren’t great) - too many changes, and them going long and picking Son out with long diagonals - Son was really dangerous as usual. He’s 32 in July, but seems to have retained his pace; I wonder whether a C.L club will take a punt in the summer? The risk with such transfers is the possibility of noticeable decline setting in. His goal, though, was the result of some extreme good fortune with Spurs benefiting from numerous ping pong deflections.

Was good to see Baj back, albeit at a time we lost our composure and for the first time in the game gave the ball away
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
Happy Days   :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf

The media will spend an hour trying to pick everything apart but it was nothing more than an end of the season game. We had a go, then they had a go.

Now just win the last two.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

You know what's funny, Bissouma was probably the most prized top class DM from a couple of years ago (minus the baggage). When you look at him now in a ball playing team he just looks not in sync. He wins most of his balls by running players over and fouling them, then on the ball he's cumbersome and lack agility. Can copy and paste that for the likes of Caicedo too.

And Arne Slot never played with a 'top class' DM. Don't think he needs one. Think our future is moving more towards better all around midfielders who can cover ground instead of having a 'top class' DM that can't play. If anything, Endo's been the better of the three mentioned so far this season, and probably more of a fit for Slot's team. An archetype of someone we should be going for instead of a destroyer type of DM that everyone seems to want.

Offline RedSmoke

• Main Stander
  • He'll pass the ball, calm as you like....

Can’t help but think this coincided with the crowd switching off as well. Went 4-0 up, atmosphere seemed to die, then the team did. Atmosphere seemed great before that point.

Great to get the win obviously, but definitely feel we could’ve either shut up shop completely at 4-0 or really went for the kill and battered them.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion

It’s fair to say it’s probably too many but surprised to see the likes of Villa and Newcastle have conceded over 50. There have been more goals scored this season. We do switch off too much but maybe that’s for another day.

Offline Bincey

• Legacy Fan
  • Is that Joe Pasquale? In the garden?
That Romero one looks very suspicious albeit from a still it's tricky to know for sure.

Offline art03

• Kopite
Why are we nitpicking our players to death after a win? Do people have nothing better to do than be miserable? Following some of the logic on here, we should just sell off the entire LFC club because we are not winning everything in sight and anything less than perfection is seen as not good enough. Because so and so did not do 1 thing right, let's criticize and sell sell sell! Who would you bring in? Can you guarantee that they will score every "simple" opportunity you deemed that they must score? We must not concede and cannot let the opposition back in? As I recalled someone said when Rafa left us: "You have no idea how good you had it until it's all gone".