Author Topic: Premier League / FA Cup SF Fixtures 20th - 25th April  (Read 35071 times)

Online Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
Re: Premier League / FA Cup SF Fixtures 20th - 25th April
« Reply #840 on: April 21, 2024, 06:46:06 pm »
One of those rarely seen 'magic of the cup' moments and you rule it out for a millimetre offside decision?

Jobsworths.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #841 on: April 21, 2024, 06:48:17 pm »
I thought they didn’t have VaR on the cups or have I imagined that?

Online Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #842 on: April 21, 2024, 06:49:40 pm »
I thought they didn’t have VaR on the cups or have I imagined that?

At PL grounds, and Wembley. Not at Championship and below.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #843 on: April 21, 2024, 06:49:51 pm »
Mad decision to rule that out

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #844 on: April 21, 2024, 06:55:03 pm »
Victor Torp disallowed goal on 120‎+‎1‎'‎ (VAR) - https://dubz.link/v/f61b6m & https://twitter.com/FootColic/status/1782094458114220137

3-3; full-time. Penalties it is...
Offsides don't need to be microscopic.  This is a joke.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #845 on: April 21, 2024, 06:58:54 pm »
One of those rarely seen 'magic of the cup' moments and you rule it out for a millimetre offside decision?

Jobsworths.

Yet everyone goes nuclear over the scrapping of replays, which are generally considered a nuisance anyway.

VAR the far bigger problem in terms of killing the magic of the game.

Why does the FA Cup have to have VAR anyway? If they can't have it in some games, they shouldn't have it in any.

Same with the League Cup, where we've been robbed twice in the final by VAR bullshit.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #846 on: April 21, 2024, 06:59:40 pm »
Victor Torp disallowed goal on 120‎+‎1‎'‎ (VAR) - https://dubz.link/v/f61b6m & https://twitter.com/FootColic/status/1782094458114220137

3-3; full-time. Penalties it is...

Is that frame frozen before or after he strikes the ball because AWB definitely has the momentum towards goal.  If they've frozen it too soon there's no way he'd be offside.
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #847 on: April 21, 2024, 07:01:17 pm »
I'm putting myself in the shoes of a Coventry City fan who has seen their team fight back from 3-0 against one of the most expensive assembled squads in the world, to celebrate what they thought was a winning goal at the death, only then to have that offside decision go against them.

I really couldn't fathom that feeling of being in the ground only for that to happen. Live football with VAR is not football when it's stealing moments like that away, all for the sake of the most granular and pathetic offside decision.

Football is broken in so many ways.
JFT97

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #848 on: April 21, 2024, 07:02:39 pm »
I'm putting myself in the shoes of a Coventry City fan who has seen their team fight back from 3-0 against one of the most expensive assembled squads in the world, to celebrate what they thought was a winning goal at the death, only then to have that offside decision go against them.

I really couldn't fathom that feeling of being in the ground only for that to happen. Live football with VAR is not football when it's stealing moments like that away, all for the sake of the most granular and pathetic offside decision.

Makes you want to give it all up. Imagine having to explain that to a young Coventry fan. A massive moment that a kid would have remembered for the rest of their life, taking away by someone in a studio.

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #849 on: April 21, 2024, 07:03:48 pm »
It's done what it was introduced to do.

Certainly looks that way a lot of the time.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #850 on: April 21, 2024, 07:06:18 pm »

Just utterly horrible. Football is done for.

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #851 on: April 21, 2024, 07:08:48 pm »
Makes you want to give it all up. Imagine having to explain that to a young Coventry fan. A massive moment that a kid would have remembered for the rest of their life, taking away by someone in a studio.

When I watch with my 8-year-old, she genuinely doesn't celebrate goals. Waits until it's been confirmed that it's definitely a goal (sometimes minutes after the ball goes into the net) and then just kind of looks at me like "that's great, we've scored a goal".

What even is football when you've killed the joy of celebrating a goal?
JFT97

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #852 on: April 21, 2024, 07:12:39 pm »
When I watch with my 8-year-old, she genuinely doesn't celebrate goals. Waits until it's been confirmed that it's definitely a goal (sometimes minutes after the ball goes into the net) and then just kind of looks at me like "that's great, we've scored a goal".
That so sad :( and yet completely understandable.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #853 on: April 21, 2024, 07:13:08 pm »
Hard to know how to do it better in the VAR era. Increase the tolerance even more to account for the physical limitations of the software maybe?  Clearly VAR tech and offside rule are somewhat incompatible as offside was never designed for mm decisions, and VAR tech cannot be 100% accurate at delivering such decisions.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #854 on: April 21, 2024, 07:14:00 pm »

What even is football when you've killed the joy of celebrating a goal?

I was watching the end of the game, when Coventry scored I didn't bother cheering, waited for the replay, seen the replay and knew they'd chalk it off.

Same with most Liverpool goals, although at least the first two today I was confident would be left alone. Jota the usual VAR killjoys trying to find a toenail.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #855 on: April 21, 2024, 07:17:22 pm »
Hard to know how to do it better in the VAR era. Increase the tolerance even more to account for the physical limitations of the software maybe?  Clearly VAR tech and offside rule are somewhat incompatible as offside was never designed for mm decisions, and VAR tech cannot be 100% accurate at delivering such decisions.

Bin VAR altogether - number 1. It was a bad idea that's been terribly implemented. Thrown at the top levels of the game without even been trialed properly to see if it works.

Goal-line tech - keep.

Offsides. Simply the offside rule and look at using automated technology when it's there IF it can make the decision more instantaneously. If the goal today is ruled out more straight away (as goal-line tech is, or the lino's flag is) then so be it. But not after a goal has been celebrated.

Off-the-ball incidents - allow refs to look at on a screen, if drawn attention to something by the 4th official.

Penalty decisions - the ref makes the call and that's that

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #856 on: April 21, 2024, 07:17:36 pm »

Agreed.  Imagine being at the ground and seeing that.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #857 on: April 21, 2024, 07:26:21 pm »
Why is John Denver blasting out across Wembley

Completely hi jacked any old song just to have one
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #858 on: April 21, 2024, 07:33:18 pm »
Offside check ....

Do we want a City v Coventry final?

Good point, off
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #859 on: April 21, 2024, 07:36:32 pm »
I was watching the end of the game, when Coventry scored I didn't bother cheering, waited for the replay, seen the replay and knew they'd chalk it off.

Same with most Liverpool goals, although at least the first two today I was confident would be left alone. Jota the usual VAR killjoys trying to find a toenail.

I haven't celebrated a goal like i used to in a coupe of years now. It's always in the back of your mind that they will find a reason to rule it out. They actively look for reasons now to disallow goals if it fits an agenda.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #860 on: April 21, 2024, 07:39:38 pm »
Three extremely poor decisions - three penalties not given - which we simply cannot accept. 

We warned the PGMOL that the VAR is a Luton fan before the game but they didn’t change him. Our patience has been tested multiple times.

NFFC will now consider its options.

That’s from… the official Forest twitter account
https://x.com/nffc/status/1782056187652960764?s=46&t=jCPbk4G147VnXk0LjMfysg

Fucking awful decisions though, might be the peak of shitness this season under Webb's trustful watch.
:D

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #861 on: April 21, 2024, 07:46:16 pm »
Erik Ten Hag on Manchester United surviving a huge scare to beat Coventry and reach the FA Cup final
"It's not an embarrassment, it's an achievement!"

Online Lee-87

• Legacy Fan

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #863 on: April 21, 2024, 08:00:25 pm »

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #864 on: April 21, 2024, 08:27:36 pm »
Normally I couldn't care less about a result that doesn't involve Liverpool.

But that disallowed Coventry winner is shameful abuse of VAR by the Manc-inbred PGMOL.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #865 on: April 21, 2024, 08:43:12 pm »
Just bin it. VAR is like eating chocolate with the wrapping on. Puts a wet blanket on the emotions.
Football is about drama and entertainment, its not a court

VAR hasnt made the games more fair, and it certainly hasnt eliminated the endless referee discussions.

We still dont have it here in the Swedish league, because the fans have united against it
Its great to be able to celebrate goals properly

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #866 on: April 21, 2024, 08:59:54 pm »
Offside check ....

Do we want a City v Coventry final?

Good point, off

Yeah, because it would have given the mancs 0% chance of winning it rather than 5%.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #867 on: April 21, 2024, 09:00:46 pm »
https://twitter.com/TheAthleticFC/status/1782090527724163472

Nottingham Forest are considering suing officiating body PGMOL and have questioned the integrity of video assistant referee Stuart Attwell after 2-0 Sunday’s defeat by Everton.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #868 on: April 21, 2024, 09:04:10 pm »
https://twitter.com/TheAthleticFC/status/1782090527724163472

absurd. Utterly absurd

This will only end badly.

The deserved to bloody lose!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #871 on: April 21, 2024, 09:09:20 pm »

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #872 on: April 21, 2024, 09:10:51 pm »
Our club isn't run by a batshit crazy owner in fairness.  ;D

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #873 on: April 21, 2024, 09:11:09 pm »
Just saw the penalties again on ssn. It is fucking outrageous. There is no way they cannot be given. Unless you’re cheating of course.

Offline Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
« Reply #874 on: April 22, 2024, 09:29:41 am »

Fucking awful decisions though, might be the peak of shitness this season under Webb's trustful watch.

Strange from Palace. Banter is amusing, but all clubs should be for correct and consistant decisions. What do they say when VAR / refs screw them over next week because they are playing Vs United/Spurs/Arsenal/City?
"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #875 on: April 22, 2024, 09:40:31 am »
I hope they do.  Someone needs to sue the fuckers!

Let's hope they don't set up a picket line to boycott a home game, be their record attendance.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #876 on: April 22, 2024, 09:46:14 am »
Strange from Palace. Banter is amusing, but all clubs should be for correct and consistant decisions. What do they say when VAR / refs screw them over next week because they are playing Vs United/Spurs/Arsenal/City?

Palace not arsed as they are safe.

Remember Karen Brady oh Covid games shouldnt be played blah blah they stayed up following season....West Ham with no crowds were 5-6th in Feb she was yeah its great for fans mental health.

You mean you cant go down now do you are as happy as a pig in shit.

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #877 on: April 22, 2024, 10:56:10 am »
Bin VAR altogether - number 1. It was a bad idea that's been terribly implemented. Thrown at the top levels of the game without even been trialed properly to see if it works.

Goal-line tech - keep.

Offsides. Simply the offside rule and look at using automated technology when it's there IF it can make the decision more instantaneously. If the goal today is ruled out more straight away (as goal-line tech is, or the lino's flag is) then so be it. But not after a goal has been celebrated.

Off-the-ball incidents - allow refs to look at on a screen, if drawn attention to something by the 4th official.

Penalty decisions - the ref makes the call and that's that

So, taking the latter one - what happens when the ref *doesn't see* what happens, like even slightly.  Take the Man City Chelsea penalty controversy - where Grealish clearly moves his hand to block the ball in the wall.  The ref *clearly* didn't see what happened (as he gave it as a goal kick, so he didn't see any contact) - why wouldn't you want VAR, in that situation, to exist - and to then tell the ref "look mate, you clearly didn't see Grealish handle the ball - can you go over to the screen to watch the replay so you can make a better decision on whether you think it was ball to hand, or hand to ball".  Or the 3 Notts Forest pens, where for the handball it was impossible for the ref to see what happened as his vision was being blocked by other players, and for at least one of the "young kicks another player" ones, he was also behind another Forest player so was not in a position to see what happened? 

Or the Doku assault on Mac - listen to the audio, and its clear that the ref thought he saw doku kick the ball before then Mac "ran into" his boot - were you content that it was not given as a penalty on the field?

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #878 on: April 22, 2024, 11:38:26 am »
So, taking the latter one - what happens when the ref *doesn't see* what happens, like even slightly.  Take the Man City Chelsea penalty controversy - where Grealish clearly moves his hand to block the ball in the wall.  The ref *clearly* didn't see what happened (as he gave it as a goal kick, so he didn't see any contact) - why wouldn't you want VAR, in that situation, to exist - and to then tell the ref "look mate, you clearly didn't see Grealish handle the ball - can you go over to the screen to watch the replay so you can make a better decision on whether you think it was ball to hand, or hand to ball".  Or the 3 Notts Forest pens, where for the handball it was impossible for the ref to see what happened as his vision was being blocked by other players, and for at least one of the "young kicks another player" ones, he was also behind another Forest player so was not in a position to see what happened? 

Or the Doku assault on Mac - listen to the audio, and its clear that the ref thought he saw doku kick the ball before then Mac "ran into" his boot - were you content that it was not given as a penalty on the field?

It's not ideal but VAR has been a complete mess on penalty calls ever since it came in and even with countless replays still gets it wrong half the time. Go with the ref decision and that's that.

The game managed for 150 years without it. There's more controversy now than ever since VAR. Plus diving has only got worse, as if you go down if the ref doesn't give it then VAR might (i.e. Gordon the other week).

But while VAR is there then yes you should send the ref to the screen when they've clearly missed something (i.e. Taylor thinking the defender got the ball).
« Last Edit: April 22, 2024, 11:42:44 am by Fromola »

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #879 on: April 22, 2024, 12:08:01 pm »
It's not ideal but VAR has been a complete mess on penalty calls ever since it came in and even with countless replays still gets it wrong half the time. Go with the ref decision and that's that.

The game managed for 150 years without it. There's more controversy now than ever since VAR. Plus diving has only got worse, as if you go down if the ref doesn't give it then VAR might (i.e. Gordon the other week).

But while VAR is there then yes you should send the ref to the screen when they've clearly missed something (i.e. Taylor thinking the defender got the ball).

VAR isn't going anywhere. Whilst I agree with you that it should be binned off, it's not going to be so a waste of time calling for it.

What they do need to bin off is the nonsense of clear and obvious error, an imaginary high bar for overturning decisions and super slow mo replays.

2 of Forest's claims yesterday were due to the ref thinking Young got the ball. Replays showed he didn't on either occasion. There's no debate there, he didn't get the ball. That's a factual error and there should be no need for a dispute.
The exact same as van de Ven challenging Gomez at Spurs. The ref thought he got the ball and awarded a corner. Replay's show he didn't, yet the decision to award a corner still stood.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT