Author Topic: PL: Liverpool 0 v 1 Crystal Palace Eze 14’  (Read 24971 times)

Offline Cafe De Paris

• Kopite
  • Up the Red Men
LFC a bastion of invincibility.

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: PL: Liverpool 0 v 1 Crystal Palace Eze 14’
« Reply #601 on: April 14, 2024, 06:41:12 pm »
Counted to 10.
If I was a neutral I would have said how the f.. did Liverpool not win that. so many chances close to goal. all split second shots, all hit with power and on target, that's usually enough but just one of those games were nothing goes for you.
Players anxious, not controlling easy passes.
Thought Robinson was really up for it today but he couldn't make it happen.
Players coming back may make the difference over the last 6 games.
Chris Bryant

It feels as if the major from Fawlty Towers has taken over the Tory campaign.
10:42 PM · May 25, 2024
·

Offline johnathank

• youverymuch
  • Main Stander
« Reply #602 on: April 14, 2024, 06:41:36 pm »
If the likes of Danns are good enough for a cup final, I’d rather see their energy and unpredictability against Palace than shots from bad angles that don’t trouble anyone.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #603 on: April 14, 2024, 06:50:05 pm »
If the likes of Danns are good enough for a cup final, I’d rather see their energy and unpredictability against Palace than shots from bad angles that don’t trouble anyone.
Was going to post this earlier. What happened to trusting the youth? I find it bizarre that we haven’t seen them since the regulars started coming back. I thought they earned their chance to get at least some minutes.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #604 on: April 14, 2024, 06:50:45 pm »
Yus, +1 goal difference...
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #605 on: April 14, 2024, 07:34:52 pm »
Was going to post this earlier. What happened to trusting the youth? I find it bizarre that we haven’t seen them since the regulars started coming back. I thought they earned their chance to get at least some minutes.

Danns would have more likely got at least one goal off the bench in the last 3 shitshows we've seen in front of goal.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #606 on: April 14, 2024, 07:39:33 pm »
Created enough to win the game. Missed chances and Palace scored of their big chances.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #607 on: April 14, 2024, 07:42:48 pm »
Created enough to win the game. Missed chances and Palace scored of their big chances.

Palace had two other huge chances. Ali made a wonder save although VVD was fouled and Robbo cleared off line.

But we missed at least 6 clear cut chances
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #608 on: April 14, 2024, 07:50:21 pm »

started with no intensity
Conceded first
Lost our nerve

The players have let their heads drop due to some poor results, it’s a shame there isn’t a Milner in the dressing room as i don’t see where the leadership will come from to turn this around

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #609 on: April 14, 2024, 07:50:46 pm »

To be fair that simplifies everything. Its not that simple.

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #610 on: April 14, 2024, 07:53:29 pm »
To be fair that simplifies everything. Its not that simple.

Certainly not today. Massively off it in a few different departments.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #611 on: April 14, 2024, 07:55:27 pm »
In the last 6 matches in the PL, LFC

Attempts - 149 - Rank 1
Attempts on target - 38 - Rank 4
Goals - 9 - Rank 9
Shot conversion - 6% - Rank 19

The stats confirm what our eyes tell us.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #612 on: April 14, 2024, 07:56:30 pm »

Attempts - 149 - Rank 1
Goals - 9 - Rank 9

It does in a way, but things are a bit off even without that.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #613 on: April 14, 2024, 07:57:11 pm »
started with no intensity
Conceded first
Lost our nerve

The players have let their heads drop due to some poor results, it’s a shame there isn’t a Milner in the dressing room as i don’t see where the leadership will come from to turn this around

They haven't though.

We were shit Thursday but could have won 5-2 today.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline RedBlakey

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #614 on: April 14, 2024, 07:57:40 pm »

Attempts - 149 - Rank 1
Goals - 9 - Rank 9

Bloody hell that's appalling. You could maybe forgive it over 1 or 2 games but 6 is a big enough sample size to accept that it's a big problem.
Never seen him playing I think. But looks like a good player.

Offline cornishscouser92

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #615 on: April 14, 2024, 07:59:28 pm »
I think Atalanta and Palace (1st half) had figured out what you do against that particular Liverpool system, man to man mark, high press on the 6, shut the middle of the pitch to force Endo/Konate & VVD to break lines or just go long, try to force Liverpool wide and on the counter leave the overload on Liverpool's right back.
Trent coming on & Macca as the 6 changed up the system and consequently they got out less, and Liverpool created a ton of chances, all be it Trent did look very rusty which is understandable. Can't say much for the missing chances, some unlucky with late Palace blocks, some utterly abysmal finishing. 
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #616 on: April 14, 2024, 07:59:41 pm »
They haven't though.

We were awful today as well.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #617 on: April 14, 2024, 08:02:33 pm »

We weren't that bad.

Endo chance goes in and it settles us.

We then missed the one on one and the point blank chances from Mo / Jota / Nunez.

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #618 on: April 14, 2024, 08:03:22 pm »
They haven't though.

We were really bad today, regardless of the result. Particularly in the first half. Could barely find each other with a pass, wasn't sure what the plan was at all and conceded our customary goal. To say there was three or four players off it in that half would be a huge understatement.

Palace weren't as good as Atalanta but they approached the game in a similar manner.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2024, 08:05:19 pm by StevoHimself »

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #619 on: April 14, 2024, 08:05:26 pm »
I think Atalanta and Palace (1st half) had figured out what you do against that particular Liverpool system, man to man mark, high press on the 6, shut the middle of the pitch to force Endo/Konate & VVD to break lines or just go long, try to force Liverpool wide and on the counter leave the overload on Liverpool's right back.
Trent coming on & Macca as the 6 changed up the system and consequently they got out less, and Liverpool created a ton of chances, all be it Trent did look very rusty which is understandable. Can't say much for the missing chances, some unlucky with late Palace blocks, some utterly abysmal finishing.

If only we could have got 3 months out of Thiago for the run in as well.

We were far too predictable until we made the changes.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #620 on: April 14, 2024, 08:07:46 pm »

I think Klopp made an error with the team today.

Mac, Jones and Dom may have been better. Even Elliott in there too.

Endo has looked tired.

Offline cornishscouser92

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #621 on: April 14, 2024, 08:08:15 pm »

He's so good for build up from deep. A clip on twitter against City in the FA Cup semi was doing the rounds recently where he's toying with Rodri and Gundogan when they're pressing him. Masterful.

Thought they massively lacked energy too, first goal is criminal.
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #622 on: April 14, 2024, 08:08:33 pm »
They haven't though.

Maybe we kept at it more than Thursday, and should've scored goals, but it was still headless chaos. We might not have let our heads completely drop after the inevitable slow start and defensive fuckup, but we still sort of lost our heads. Aside from Gakpo's sub appearance, all our attackers were shit today. None of our creative players were much better.

We might not necessarily have really deserved to lose today on the balance of play, but we've deserved to lose control of the title race. It was a poor performance, despite us having chances

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #623 on: April 14, 2024, 08:09:33 pm »
We weren't that bad.

Endo chance goes in and it settles us.

We then missed the one on one and the point blank chances from Mo / Jota / Nunez.

We were collectively bad and by that i mean the 11 that started to Klopp and the coaches. We start the game like we are not prepared, its like fucking hell, these lot can do that?

We played Endo when he struggled big time against these lot and yet rather than be pragmatic and think fine, we will play Mac next to him just to help him out. That doesnt happen until after 25 minutes and then guess what, we get control. Why not do that from the start? Its a sense of complacency or lack of pragmatism to say lets start with a foothold and then worry about scoring. After that we forced them back but a lot of that was due to Mateta, Eze and Olise tiring.

Also in terms of the attacking, yes we had chances but how controlled? Its almost if the shots on goal emphasised the hurried, frantic nature of how these chances came about. Nunez isolated, Salah off it, no real width.

Ultimately i dont want to hammer this team because they have done well for a while and at the start of this season, we take this as a good season.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #624 on: April 14, 2024, 08:10:12 pm »

Yet still should/could have won.

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline decosabute

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #625 on: April 14, 2024, 08:11:10 pm »
I think Klopp made an error with the team today.

Mac, Jones and Dom may have been better. Even Elliott in there too.

Endo has looked tired.

It was the one surprise about the teamsheet for me.

He looked absolutely goosed on Thursday, was even poor last weekend, and yet started a must-win today. I don't blame Klopp for picking the team he did, and I think mostly the players have let him down these last two league games, but that was a slightly odd one. Think Mac mostly needs to play 6 from here on out.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #626 on: April 14, 2024, 08:11:21 pm »
We were collectively bad and by that i mean the 11 that started to Klopp and the coaches. We start the game like we are not prepared, its like fucking hell, these lot can do that?

We played Endo when he struggled big time against these lot and yet rather than be pragmatic and think fine, we will play Mac next to him just to help him out. That doesnt happen until after 25 minutes and then guess what, we get control. Why not do that from the start? Its a sense of complacency or lack of pragmatism to say lets start with a foothold and then worry about scoring. After that we forced them back but a lot of that was due to Mateta, Eze and Olise tiring.

Also in terms of the attacking, yes we had chances but how controlled? Its almost if the shots on goal emphasised the hurried, frantic nature of how these chances came about. Nunez isolated, Salah off it, no real width.

Ultimately i dont want to hammer this team because they have done well for a while and at the start of this season, we take this as a good season.

But we still should have won.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #627 on: April 14, 2024, 08:12:30 pm »
Yet still should/could have won.

Indeed. We should have won. But the finishes were kind of symptomatic of the hurried, frantic nature the way the chances came about.

On top of that we gave away loads of chances. We looked underprepared.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #628 on: April 14, 2024, 08:13:02 pm »

Yes. But we didnt.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #629 on: April 14, 2024, 08:15:28 pm »
Indeed. We should have won. But the finishes were kind of symptomatic of the hurried, frantic nature the way the chances came about.

We looked under prepared at the start as you said.

But those three point blank chances are a joke. Even the Diaz one where Henderson has no clue.

I said earlier than Palmer scored one for Chelsea that goes in off a player and Haaland tries a bicycle kick that is going for a throw until it hits a lad in the face and goes in.We have none of that.

Offline decosabute

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #630 on: April 14, 2024, 08:18:07 pm »

We were never composed or assured in anything we did. For all that we started to dominate territory, I never felt the goal was coming.

And there's also a thing on here of thinking we deserved to win by having chances. No, you don't deserve anything if your play is chaotic and you can't finish a fucking thing.

We deserved to beat Man City for example, cos we completely outplayed them. We were smarter, better more intense and were also robbed on a crazy refereeing decision.

Today, we were sloppy and stupid. And even when our chaotic thrashing around resulted in some big chances, we chaotically thrashed at them. We deserved fuck all.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #631 on: April 14, 2024, 08:18:52 pm »

Nervous with the ball, lacked confidence and we had no tempo what so ever. A major annoyance of mine is when we are nervous and edgy and lack tempo - we pass to feet, due to in the main a severe lack of movement, which is a major part of our tempo.

When we are good, we play the space, movement is intuitive and we pass to the run, not always to feet. Subtle but key differences to whether its going to be an easy 90 minutes, or a frustrating 90 minutes.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #632 on: April 14, 2024, 08:18:58 pm »
We were never composed or assured in anything we did. For all that we started to dominate territory, I never felt the goal was coming.

And there's also a thing on here of thinking we deserved to win by having chances. No, you don't deserve anything if your play is chaotic and you can't finish a fucking thing.

We deserved to beat Man City for example, cos we completely outplayed them. We were smarter, better more intense and were also robbed on a crazy refereeing decision.

Today, we were sloppy and stupid. And even when our chaotic thrashing around resulted in some big chances, we chaotically thrashed at them. We deserved fuck all.

We still should have won even if you don't think we deserved it.

9/10 we score the Jota and Nunez chance.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #633 on: April 14, 2024, 08:25:47 pm »
Nervous with the ball, lacked confidence and we had no tempo what so ever. A major annoyance of mine is when we are nervous and edgy and lack tempo - we pass to feet, due to in the main a severe lack of movement, which is a major part of our tempo.

When we are good, we play the space, movement is intuitive and we pass to the run, not always to feet. Subtle but key differences to whether its going to be an easy 90 minutes, or a frustrating 90 minutes.

For me all this comes back to the start. They have one attack early with Eze and Mitchell and we are like “fuck, these are quick and good aint they”. They give Endo all the time on the ball until he takes a step into the centre circle then he gets hounded.

We knew all this in the game at their place. They did the same thing. At no point in the start does Klopp say lets play this safe, lets have a 2 man midfield and get a foothold. Lets allow Mac or Endo the chance to get out to that right side rather than leave a guy who clearly is poor on the ball to control what was a line across the field.

Once we let in that goal, minds turned to last Thursday and then its all frantic. The defending was frantic, chance creation frantic and the finishing was beyond frantic.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2024, 08:28:40 pm by killer-heels »

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #634 on: April 14, 2024, 08:28:45 pm »

Attempts - 149 - Rank 1
Goals - 9 - Rank 9

for people who like xg I have opta's number for this as 9 from 15..8 (may change when they review todays game) it's 3 from 8.2 in the City, United and Palace games.

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #635 on: April 14, 2024, 08:30:55 pm »
For me all this comes back to the start. They have one attack early with Eze and Mitchell and we are like “fuck, these are quick and good aint they”. They give Endo all the time on the ball until he takes a step into the centre circle then he gets hounded.

We knew all this in the game at their place. They did the same thing. At no point in the start does Klopp say lets play this safe, lets have a 2 man midfield and get a foothold. Lets allow Mac or Endo the chance to get out to that right side rather than leave a guy who clearly is poor on the ball to control what was a line across the field.

Once we let in that goal, minds turned to last Thursday and then its all frantic. The defending was frantic, chance creation frantic and the finishing was beyond frantic.

Excellent post as well as the one you quoted. Just off it in virtually every way today. Absolutely no intensity. We played without purpose, which is mad to say of a team that thinks it's got a chance of winning a title in a beloved manager's final season.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #636 on: April 14, 2024, 08:39:40 pm »
My one little moan from today about the team selection is not playing Elliott from the start. He's the only one at the moment (maybe Gakpo also) who looks like they'd run through a wall for the cause and has the talent to produce something.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • THE REAL TRUTH- "Liverpool fans were not to blame"
« Reply #637 on: April 14, 2024, 08:45:33 pm »
And teams know it. They come at us from the first second. Sheffield United did it too and probably should have scored less than a minute in if it wasn’t for a brilliant save from Caoimh.

Exactly.
Quote from: macca888 link=topic=276522
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #638 on: April 14, 2024, 08:52:16 pm »
Second half ok.  Should have won by 2 or 3 goals.  All still to play for though we are going to have to start converting chances. Hope City and Arsenal both progress midweek and have two head to heads.  Also think Arsenal are best chance of eliminating City.

As for us Gakpo looked decent as did Elliot.  Would like us to start with the finishing 11 today.  Still all to play for on Thursday and it is a free hit with the pressure off.  Get through and it will be one hell of a pick me up.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #639 on: April 14, 2024, 08:52:28 pm »
Well. That was fuckin grim and no mistake. I think it's maybe just dawned on some of these players that Klopp is off in a few weeks, because the arse has fallen out of them..................bit of a mad team selection again as well (has Jurgen gone a bit de-mob happy?)....never want to see that midfield starting again ever. ........Jones, Salah, Endo, Nunez, Diaz all simultaneously, hopelessly at sea......great to see Ali and Diogo back on the pitch though....and had to rub my eyes to make sure it was Gakpo with the speed/skill/determination/fight.....so all's not lost on that front.

All we can do is march on.....need to go to Atalanta aiming from the off to score 5 goals (not even the 4 that we need)......give it fuckin everything - the way Atalanta did last Thursday - and flip the upended, effed up season back on its feet.....a glorious comeback would have the side feeling ten feet tall - and ready for the challenge of hunting City down........unlikely maybe, but lets be honest who had both LFC and Arsenal losing at home today?. Its not over until Susan Boyle is gargling TCP.

Up the Reds
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.