Author Topic: PL: Liverpool 0 v 1 Crystal Palace Eze 14’  (Read 24136 times)

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
Re: PL: Liverpool 0 v 1 Crystal Palace Eze 14’
« Reply #440 on: April 14, 2024, 04:30:02 pm »
Arsenal lose today and it’s back on, right? RIGHT?!
ON for CITY then

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #441 on: April 14, 2024, 04:30:40 pm »
Liverpool have generated 9.14xG over the last 3 games, scoring 2 goals in process while drawing once and losing twice.
:D

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #442 on: April 14, 2024, 04:31:36 pm »
Who cares?

The results of both Arsenal and Man City have been irrelevant all season. We had to focus on the top four fight. We’re not safe on that front yet considering our form, but we should pick up enough points barring a total disaster.

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #443 on: April 14, 2024, 04:32:12 pm »

Absolutely no chance of winning out. We fucked the two easiest games of the run in.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #444 on: April 14, 2024, 04:32:14 pm »
Would love to know why this season we've been so shit in the first minute of matches. Even when we have kick-off it feels like the opposition always has the first attack of note, or period of possession around our box.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #445 on: April 14, 2024, 04:32:18 pm »
We weren't unlucky. That is currently the level of the team in front of goal.

Christ
Time to log off for a bit

Offline OkieRedman

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #446 on: April 14, 2024, 04:32:22 pm »
Liverpool have generated 9.14xG over the last 3 games, scoring 2 goals in process while drawing once and losing twice.

One was pen the other was a corner.

Offline daniel.owen89

• Kemlynite
« Reply #447 on: April 14, 2024, 04:32:30 pm »
Feel like this was more a few good blocks /saves combined with poor finishing that a bad performance that some are suggesting. I think the overall feeling of the title possible being over it affecting people's judgement of the performance.

This could quite easily have been 4-2 comfortable result

Offline Damian V

• Anny Roader
« Reply #448 on: April 14, 2024, 04:33:04 pm »
Not good enough in both boxes, catches up to you.
There were times we peppered opposition's goalkeepers and had them under constant pressure instead of possession recycling between our CB's.

Offline PROPER crazyemlyn72

• is Android
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #449 on: April 14, 2024, 04:33:25 pm »
3 bad matches in the last week. It's no longer a blip. Pity, all that hard work and the wheels come off at the end of the season.

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #450 on: April 14, 2024, 04:33:27 pm »
Yeah City were always the big favourites.

Personally, I'd prefer City to win it over Arsenal. A City win would be a win for a vapid club devoid of any soul and it's easier to feel emotionally detached about a club like that, save for the despair I feel towards the governing bodies that they're happy to let this circus continue.

Whereas I'd feel actively envious of Arsenal winning the title; to do what we've been trying to do since 2018 and only achieved once, go toe-to-toe with financially juiced cheats and actually conquer them. Plus an Arsenal title win would require a full social media blackout, as their increasingly vexing fanbase will undoubtedly be loud and unbearable.

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #451 on: April 14, 2024, 04:33:35 pm »
Look if Villa don’t shit the bed today and just roll over, they could do Arsenal. They’ve got good enough players to do it, they’re well positioned in their conference league game and Arsenal may need to play within themselves for that Bayern return next week. They do have momentum and belief, what we are currently missing.  We need a fillip, and right now I’m hanging on to any small hope. You never know

My feelings too.

Potentially 3 points off the top (only 2 if Arsenal lose today). Both teams can drop unexpected points and we’re creating enough chances to win games. We’re still in it
Believer

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #452 on: April 14, 2024, 04:33:55 pm »
Feel like this was more a few good blocks /saves combined with poor finishing that a bad performance that some are suggesting. I think the overall feeling of the title possible being over it affecting people's judgement of the performance.

This could quite easily have been 4-2 comfortable result

It wad both. We were never really in control of any situation in the first half and second half it was all a bit frantic.

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #453 on: April 14, 2024, 04:34:12 pm »
Gang of pricks wrecking Klopp’s last season.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #454 on: April 14, 2024, 04:34:23 pm »

Still in it on points, even if we are unlikely to finish top now. Both City and Arsenal will need to drop points in the remaining games for us to have a chance. And then it's the small matter of us needing to win our games.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #455 on: April 14, 2024, 04:34:46 pm »
Gang of pricks wrecking Klopp’s last season.

WTF? They're not doing it on purpose ffs.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline MosDefKop

• Main Stander
« Reply #456 on: April 14, 2024, 04:35:17 pm »
After a burst of bitter anger and total disbelief...

Strangely, I feel more relaxed footballwise now. We won't win the title now and we were not good enough. We have not beaten Manchester City, Gooners or ManUre in the league and we have failed to control so many matches.

Today was the first time I have thought we should have started Elliot.  Jones and Szobosozlai have been so poor in their combacks.
Pity Bradley came off as we needed his energy and Trent was not likely to raise the tempo or energy levels.
Most of all we just lacked brains as we have all season. It ain't a clever team for sure (MacAlister  and VVD notable exceptions) and also finishing.  A piority for next season will be to replace Salah and probably(?) Diaz with forwards with higher chance conversion rates.

I am pretty optimistic for next season.
This one. Write off.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #457 on: April 14, 2024, 04:35:32 pm »
Sometimes I fucking hate football. This is one of those times.

Ha, me too.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #458 on: April 14, 2024, 04:35:43 pm »
Okay. I saw an incredible good Gakpo who turned his form around and tried everything with dribbles and passes and refreshed our attack. 

I concur. I am not saying he is the future but he took plenty of abuse after the mancs cup final game (and probably rightly so) but has a least shown some attacking desire in the last couple of games unlike some other forwards. Deserves a bit of credit.
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #459 on: April 14, 2024, 04:35:58 pm »

no city have it won which is the likely scenario anyway.

Offline GarciaAndNunezNunezNunez

• Kemlynite
« Reply #460 on: April 14, 2024, 04:36:07 pm »
Objectively, there are too many average players in the team. Players like Gomez, Jones and Endo. It's showed the last month.

New players don't have the experience of being in this position and it has shown, Szoboslai and Nunez in particular.

Gakpo was very good when he came on. Elliott should have been on sooner.

The truth is that this Liverpool team are simply not crisp enough with the final pass and finish and we are way off the other 2 in that respect. Too many bobbly, bouncing passes and passes behind the player. I actually think the other two are rather boring to watch in their build up but their precision in the final third can't be denied.

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • La la la la la
« Reply #461 on: April 14, 2024, 04:36:14 pm »
Seems a distinct lack of sports psychology going on in the last few weeks.

I don't think I've ever seen us play in such an unsure way.

It also seems like a lack of imagination and flexibility when faced with problems. We play our way and adapt to whatever they do. But what if we run out of ideas?

Wearing my psychologist hat for a moment, they are exhibiting classic signs of performance anxiety. Particularly those coming back from injury. The ironic thing is that now that the pressure of staying on top is off them, I can completely see us running riot against Atalanta on Thursday and then going unbeaten the rest of the season in the league. After all, if you have nothing to lose then you have everything to gain. How many times have we seen teams over the years play unbelievably well in dead rubber matches? Palace had a completely free hit at us today and they took it.

This last week has showed that maybe the buildup has been too much for them - fear of letting the boss down in his last season, having so much to play for, it's clearly got to many of them. Then we have the returning players who are perhaps questioning themselves as to their ability, can they be the elite level they were before they were injured, etc. It's not so much of an issue for athletes who get injured relatively frequently, they have a regimen they follow and they tend to click back into gear fairly quickly. It's those who don't get injured often where we see the doubts creep in. Remember how long it took VVD to get back to form after Pickford poleaxed him? That is exactly where Salah is right now.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #462 on: April 14, 2024, 04:36:39 pm »
Hahahahah as if he’s doing that at their play … our right back and dm got played round like a pre season friendly

That's a better analogy. It's like we didn't even bother to defend it because it didn't matter or something. Like what the fuck, lads.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #463 on: April 14, 2024, 04:36:43 pm »
City are ahead of us now and we're not matching their results.

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
« Reply #464 on: April 14, 2024, 04:37:05 pm »
We’ve gone behind 21 times in 32 prem games this season, it was eventually going to catch up.

Pretty sure that’s not true

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #465 on: April 14, 2024, 04:37:11 pm »
Absolutely no chance of winning out.We fucked the two easiest games of the run in.

Maximum of 3 points off the top with 27 to play for  ::)
Believer

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #466 on: April 14, 2024, 04:38:01 pm »
Truth is we were probably performing way above our level all season.

Rookie in goal most of the season, 2 kids playing regularly in the defence, brand new midfield etc. etc.

It's those two draws with United and failing to beat Arsenal at home that will ultimately do it

Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • THE REAL TRUTH- "Liverpool fans were not to blame"
« Reply #467 on: April 14, 2024, 04:38:07 pm »
We do not start games at the right tempo.

We too often concede the first goal and then have to start playing - there are only so many times you can draw from that well.

It hurts like fuck to see our last few games but slagging off players who got us to this position just doesn't sit right with me.
Quote from: macca888 link=topic=276522
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #468 on: April 14, 2024, 04:38:12 pm »
WTF? They're not doing it on purpose ffs.

Lol, i think he means Palace mate.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #469 on: April 14, 2024, 04:38:37 pm »
Lol, i think he means Palace mate.

Who knows, he wouldn't be the first whose said that today.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #470 on: April 14, 2024, 04:38:40 pm »
Shameful performance from the red men.

Offline Oldmanmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #471 on: April 14, 2024, 04:38:56 pm »

Just shows what a crock of shite xG is. What is the fucking point of it ?

Offline rhysd

• Kopite
  • Igor
« Reply #472 on: April 14, 2024, 04:39:08 pm »
Shell-shocked by that. 1st half we looked drugged and not PEDS.

2nd half I can't fathom how we didn't score. Bad luck and poor composure both.

Such a sad way for it to end for Klopp. We've completely hit a wall.

I was willing us to see him finish with a bang. 😥

Very deflating.
20 and 7

Offline wheresnemeth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #473 on: April 14, 2024, 04:39:41 pm »
Wearing my psychologist hat for a moment, they are exhibiting classic signs of performance anxiety. Particularly those coming back from injury. The ironic thing is that now that the pressure of staying on top is off them, I can completely see us running riot against Atalanta on Thursday and then going unbeaten the rest of the season in the league. After all, if you have nothing to lose then you have everything to gain. How many times have we seen teams over the years play unbelievably well in dead rubber matches? Palace had a completely free hit at us today and they took it.

This last week has showed that maybe the buildup has been too much for them - fear of letting the boss down in his last season, having so much to play for, it's clearly got to many of them. Then we have the returning players who are perhaps questioning themselves as to their ability, can they be the elite level they were before they were injured, etc. It's not so much of an issue for athletes who get injured relatively frequently, they have a regimen they follow and they tend to click back into gear fairly quickly. It's those who don't get injured often where we see the doubts creep in. Remember how long it took VVD to get back to form after Pickford poleaxed him? That is exactly where Salah is right now.

It does seem like they tensed up in the las few games. I hope that we can get back to winning ways now that the pressure is off.
making a c*nting mess of a list, like c*nts on a bike trying to win the Tour de France...

Offline William Regal

• Kopite
« Reply #474 on: April 14, 2024, 04:39:47 pm »
You miss the young Mane, though, not the one that left us.

Nah he probably means the old one that scored 23 goals in 51 apps in his final season at the club, none of which were penalties.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #475 on: April 14, 2024, 04:39:55 pm »

115 charges haven't got a hard game left. It doesn't matter what Arsenal do today
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #476 on: April 14, 2024, 04:40:40 pm »
On a plus note, we can say Palace loss cost us the title instead of Utd draw.
Thank God NBA play-offs starting soon.

not the first time aint it.

but still hope the players dont get so disheartened. as long as mathematically impossible to win it there is still some hope left.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #477 on: April 14, 2024, 04:41:10 pm »
Truth is we were probably performing way above our level all season.

Rookie in goal most of the season, 2 kids playing regularly in the defence, brand new midfield etc. etc.
You’d be amazed how few people realise this. As in, almost nobody.

Secure top four and it’s a successful season.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #478 on: April 14, 2024, 04:41:15 pm »
Or in the real world, a lack of quality and composure

Whether it’s the finishing or the all round play, it’s comes down to lack of composure, skill, tactical nous or effort/fitness.

We know these players try and we know they have quality. Probably composure and confidence under pressure that is the key thing lacking. Though tactically we’ve been shambolic at times over last 6 games. No idea why because it’s not often at all  under Klopp we’ve been like this and this season we’ve be good tactically most of the time.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #479 on: April 14, 2024, 04:42:33 pm »
You’d be amazed how few people realise this. As in, almost nobody.

Secure top four and it’s a successful season.

Yup totally - but klopp leaving has irretrievably skewed this perception