Author Topic: PL: Liverpool 2 Diaz '26 Salah '64 v Brighton 1 Welbeck '1  (Read 16233 times)

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
Re: PL: Liverpool 2 Diaz '26 Salah '64 v Brighton 1 Welbeck '1
« Reply #240 on: March 31, 2024, 04:33:02 pm »
Brighton are playing better and much more entertaining than Man United.

I hope they will do well and climbing up the table higher this season than United.
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #241 on: March 31, 2024, 04:33:35 pm »
Scraped the three points there as not sure we deserved them but thankfully Brighton regressed in the second half , which left us grab the three points. We were a little easy to play through as they found the gaps between our porous lines. Thankfully our defenders were on point most of the time but shouldn't be that exposed, better teams would have taken full advantage. McAllister was excellent and would love to see us add one more world class option alongside him. Imagine a Mascherano in there and we would be romping this title. A couple of fresh legs should have come on a lot earlier too but excellent result that could go along way this season.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline QC

• rawks Lionel Hutz, ambulance chaser.Sucks up to the wrong type of Mod.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #242 on: March 31, 2024, 04:34:20 pm »
Mac Allister is 100% elite.

Offline Irishred1

• Anny Roader
« Reply #243 on: March 31, 2024, 04:36:34 pm »
Why did Coote decide to move those balls behind the goal ?
he is so odd

Offline Bastion Of Invincibility

• Anny Roader
« Reply #244 on: March 31, 2024, 04:36:59 pm »
Imagine most of our supporters' nerves are frayed beyond repair from watching us constantly concede first, battle horrid cheating, incompetent refs and somehow pull out winners through sheer will. I don't know how they keep doing it, they're all heroes and mentality monsters.

Offline Pat The Red

• Main Stander
« Reply #245 on: March 31, 2024, 04:40:29 pm »
That was why we signed Mac, superb display, no panic.
Just about got out of jail at the back and now we can all sit back and hope for a few red cards, injuries etc in the dullest nilnil.

As for Coote, the yellow card waving ballboy...Just What The Actual F**K  :no

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #246 on: March 31, 2024, 04:40:56 pm »
Big win though a bit tense at the end, struggled to eat my easter egg.
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #247 on: March 31, 2024, 04:41:12 pm »
Scraped the three points there as not sure we deserved them but thankfully Brighton regressed in the second half , which left us grab the three points. We were a little easy to play through as they found the gaps between our porous lines. Thankfully our defenders were on point most of the time but shouldn't be that exposed, better teams would have taken full advantage. McAllister was excellent and would love to see us add one more world class option alongside him. Imagine a Mascherano in there and we would be romping this title. A couple of fresh legs should have come on a lot earlier too but excellent result that could go along way this season.

We had 30 shots to their 9. We absolutely 100% deserved it. We absolutely dominated them

Offline coolbyrne

• Legacy Fan
  • Ground Control
« Reply #248 on: March 31, 2024, 04:43:19 pm »
Great result after the break and against a tricky team. I was worried going into it that maybe we'd need a game to get back into rhythm, and after Welbeck scored, it felt like it was going to go the way I feared. But my goodness Mac Allister is something special. I'm hoping Salah shakes off more rust as the games go on, because we don't have many left! Still nervy at the end there, but a very well-deserved 3 points. Was glad to have been the first game today- get it out of the way and maybe put some pressure on the 2 teams below us.
Oh, these sour times.

No one admires resilience when you were just plain wrong all along - that's just twattishness.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #249 on: March 31, 2024, 04:43:36 pm »
Is that 26 points from a losing position?
As Andrew Beasley pointed out on Twitter, one more point than the Ev have in total  :D
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: March 31, 2024, 04:44:14 pm »
Game management has gone to shit. The fact that we didn't even attempt to take it to the corner flag in the last 5 minutes, is concerning. I mean, it didn't even enter their heads that it was an option. Milner would have been quietly tut-tutting to himself on the Brighton bench I'm sure.

Offline The Final Third

• Brought to you from 15 minutes in the future :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: March 31, 2024, 04:44:33 pm »
We had 30 shots to their 9. We absolutely 100% deserved it. We absolutely dominated them

Aye..xG was:

Liverpool (2.98) 2-1 (0.51) Brighton

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: March 31, 2024, 04:46:00 pm »
Between David Coote being an absolute c*nt and Salah wasting a good 71 chances, that should have been way more comfortable than it was. Mac Allister was comfortably the best player on the pitch today, but shout out to Szoboszlai as well who I also thought was excellent and showing signs of his early season form.

As an audition goes, can't say I liked what I saw from this De Zerbi team. Tidy in the middle, but toothless in the final third and the constant shithousery, timewasting and diving is something I could do without.

Don't want him anywhere the club. Can't stand managers that encourage their players to cheat and act like shithouses.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #253 on: March 31, 2024, 04:47:02 pm »
A word of advice, never listen to the match on the radio. Can’t take nine more of them. Absolute torture.

Anyway, great win in the end. Hope the other two draw.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #254 on: March 31, 2024, 04:47:30 pm »

We dominated them for most of the match, of course we deserved it. Honestly i don't know what game people are watching sometimes.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #255 on: March 31, 2024, 04:48:44 pm »
The first game after an international break is never without issues, but at least we have it out of the way now. On to the next. Macca MOtM for me.

I agree and I also think us playing every 3-4 days will help us with our rhythm especially if we can keep our players fit.

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #256 on: March 31, 2024, 04:53:26 pm »
Should have been out of sight by half time. Felt like Salah could have scored 3 in the first half alone?

I do get caught up thinking refs are shit when at the game and usually after watching back think I got a bit too carried away in the ground, but today, I genuinely think Coote was possibly the worst referee in the league and that is some challenge. I will obviously watch back, but he was just awful, inconsistent within minutes.

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #257 on: March 31, 2024, 04:53:29 pm »
Between David Coote being an absolute c*nt and Salah wasting a good 71 chances, that should have been way more comfortable than it was. Mac Allister was comfortably the best player on the pitch today, but shout out to Szoboszlai as well who I also thought was excellent and showing signs of his early season form.

As an audition goes, can't say I liked what I saw from this De Zerbi team. Tidy in the middle, but toothless in the final third and the constant shithousery, timewasting and diving is something I could do without.

They move very quickly but without much purpose or self preservation if this match is anything to go by.

And the shithouse tactics.

Again look at the shots and XG of the game and it tells a really story about how they played

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: March 31, 2024, 04:54:09 pm »
Brighton better play with this energy against Arsenal and Abu Dhabi.

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • La la la la la
« Reply #259 on: March 31, 2024, 04:54:41 pm »
Dom really stepped it up in the second half, was good to see. In fact the whole midfield clicked well after the break, seemed a bit more cohesive for that really important 25 minutes or so when we just went up the gears. Endo was solid as well, doing the dirty work and keeping his tactical booking until he really needed to use it. And Macca, oh sweet Macca, that ball for Mo, sublime.... what a player we have.

Speaking of Mo, super goal but thought he was too selfish at times today. Still, he gets a free pass because, well, it's Mo y'know. Defence was a bit here and there, although Jarell kept his head when we were under real pressure towards the end and Conor continues to improve. I do think that Kostas must have either tried it on with Ulla or he's absolutely on his way for reasons unknown, because I can't understand why we're persevering with the Gomez left back experiment. Centre back, yes, right back, yeah if we need to. But he ain't a LB. Still, we broke a bit of a bogey team today, so it would be harsh to criticise too much.

Oh, and they can keep de Zerbi, not bought on him at all as a potential replacement for Klopp. They were set up like a one trick pony, and giving away chances to us left, right and centre. Only rustiness on our part and possibly the worst referee I have ever seen stopped them from being on the receiving end of an absolute spanking. No thank you.

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: March 31, 2024, 05:00:45 pm »
Paul Gorst@ptgorst·13m
De Zerbi asked about his future: "Today we played without Mitoma, Pedro, March...Gilmour, I would like to play against Liverpool without seven injured players. I have to accept we have to keep the focus on the last 9 games."

Have you forgotten how many injuries we have?  ::)

Online Cafe De Paris

• Kopite
  • Up the Red Men
« Reply #261 on: March 31, 2024, 05:02:54 pm »
Big win though a bit tense at the end, struggled to eat my easter egg.
;D
LFC a bastion of invincibility.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: March 31, 2024, 05:07:09 pm »

Did we? Didn't exactly dominate the possession as was probably the lowest against any  midtable side the past few months. The shot count was impressive but think their keeper had to only pull out one or two good saves as most of shots were off target. Anyway delighted we won but if that was a dominant performance then we got different standards as we should be bossing these sides with 65% plus possession, more clear cut chances and if our frontline was a little more aware of better placed teammates we would have put them to bed earlier. Can't wait for Jota to get back.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #263 on: March 31, 2024, 05:11:58 pm »
Did we? Didn't exactly dominate the possession as was probably the lowest against any  midtable side the past few months. The shot count was impressive but think their keeper had to only pull out one or two good saves as most of shots were off target. Anyway delighted we won but if that was a dominant performance then we got different standards as we should be bossing these sides with 65% plus possession, more clear cut chances and if our frontline was a little more aware of better placed teammates we would have put them to bed earlier. Can't wait for Jota to get back.

Possession is irrelevant unless you create chances with it or are already winning and are managing the game. We created way more than them and obviously deserved to win.

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: March 31, 2024, 05:13:49 pm »

You don't have 3 times the shots that a team without dominating.

On possession as well, it was 55% to 45% so we even beat them there too

We had 9 shots on target to their 3 so again 3 times the good chances

XG of 2.98 to 0.51

We beat them on every metric and in terms of chances, significantly so

We dominated them

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: March 31, 2024, 05:18:12 pm »
Nerve wracking as it gets , yet performance was solid. Tonnes of chances to bury the game, but I'll take this.

Was Diaz really offside, looked utter fuckin level to me, perhaps need a very strong magnifier for that hair's width.
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #266 on: March 31, 2024, 05:20:16 pm »
Should have killed it with the 3rd but fucked around like we did against United
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #267 on: March 31, 2024, 05:23:16 pm »
Brighton are playing better and much more entertaining than Man United.

I hope they will do well and climbing up the table higher this season than United.
Entertaining sure, but I dont think they were particularly good. We should have won easily with better finishing and fresher players. They need to play better to have a chance against Arsenal and City

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: March 31, 2024, 05:26:06 pm »

This is just ridiculous and shows a huge mis-understanding of football.

Brighton aren't your ordinary mid-table team. They average 62.3% possession this season, which is second to only Man City and ahead of our 60.3%. Having more of the ball against them was an achievement in itself.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: March 31, 2024, 05:28:16 pm »

Always going to be rusty after the break. Job done, move on.

Expect us to be more precise against Sheff Utd. Get that game won early.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: March 31, 2024, 05:29:22 pm »
Possession is irrelevant unless you create chances with it or are already winning and are managing the game. We created way more than them and obviously deserved to win.

Well we didn't manage the game very well did we? Pretty much had to rely on Kelleher to pull out a good save near the end and our possession was a lot lower than most of the home games we had this season. We got slowly out of the starting blocks, had to rely on a Brighton mistake for our equaliser and the crowd atmosphere definitely didn't reflect a dominating performance, rather more like a nervous one. As I said the likes of Arsenal n City would have taken advantage of us today, so let's learn from the game as we need to be a lot better if we want to win the title. More "dominant" performances like today will lead to dropping point. Let's start with Utd next week where 30 shots should be converted into three or four goals at least.

Offline singerj

• Kemlynite
« Reply #271 on: March 31, 2024, 05:29:52 pm »

xG was 2.8-0.4. We smashed them.

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: March 31, 2024, 05:34:07 pm »
Nerve wracking as it gets , yet performance was solid. Tonnes of chances to bury the game, but I'll take this.

Was Diaz really offside, looked utter fuckin level to me, perhaps need a very strong magnifier for that hair's width.

Four years ago the PL stated that they would make the lines thicker to try and avoid these ridiculous millimeter decisions, and later that VAR would not get involved with their micrometer.  Unfortunatley they just can't help themselves and carry on ruining the game. They shoud focus on teams like Brighton spending 90 minutes trying to con the ref.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: March 31, 2024, 05:35:08 pm »

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #274 on: March 31, 2024, 05:35:16 pm »
Paul Gorst@ptgorst·13m
De Zerbi asked about his future: "Today we played without Mitoma, Pedro, March...Gilmour, I would like to play against Liverpool without seven injured players. I have to accept we have to keep the focus on the last 9 games."

Have you forgotten how many injuries we have?  ::)

Ali, Trent, Konate, Robertson, Jota….

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: March 31, 2024, 05:49:04 pm »
That was very dominant performance. Good win.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #276 on: March 31, 2024, 05:49:48 pm »
Great win from behind against 12 men. Mac Allister was unbelievable again
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: March 31, 2024, 05:50:12 pm »

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #278 on: March 31, 2024, 05:53:23 pm »
If an offside player has a shot on goal that the keeper tips behind, but there is no flag, because they're waiting for a potential var reviwev....should they get a corner?
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #279 on: March 31, 2024, 06:01:14 pm »
Playing without a LB hurts our attack so much. Szobo and Diaz got nothing in first half .
Inverting Gomez is not working.