Author Topic: PL: Liverpool 2 Diaz '26 Salah '64 v Brighton 1 Welbeck '1  (Read 15749 times)

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
Re: PL: Liverpool 2 Diaz '26 Salah '64 v Brighton 1 Welbeck '1
« Reply #360 on: April 1, 2024, 10:50:38 am »
Are those lines touching?
That new rule doesn't come in until next season (so they said on LFC TV last night). I watched the game back again, it was an incredible performance.

Hilariously in the Guardian's '10 talking points from the weekend' fluff piece this morning, Man City fan Will Unwin decided to focus on Danny Welbeck's contract as the main talking point from the weekend....
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #361 on: April 1, 2024, 11:02:31 am »
That new rule doesn't come in until next season (so they said on LFC TV last night). I watched the game back again, it was an incredible performance.

I thought it was already in place this season and we're moving to the semi-automated offsides next?
:D

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #362 on: April 1, 2024, 11:06:31 am »
Love having Salah back and Diaz being in form. Darwin could actually have a quiet game and we still had so many opportunities. Did seem like Salah was coming more centrally again which was good to see.

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
« Reply #363 on: April 1, 2024, 11:21:31 am »
+ liverpool.com: "Jurgen Klopp sums up fans' fume at David Coote"

David Coote didn't really endear himself to the Anfield faithful early on.

The failure to award Darwin Nunez a penalty after a pull back from Pervis Estupinan riled up the home crowd, before Alexis Mac Allister's booking shortly after had them fuming.

To say it was harsh against the Argentine would be an understatement.

He barely touched Simon Adingra as the Brighton man broke away, and Coote seemed to see it that way before changing his mind after a long delay.

The subsequent free-kick was met with cries of "cheat" from the Anfield crowd.

Jurgen Klopp's reaction was a little more measured, although just as damning as he shook his head in disbelief.

The cacophony of boos at half-time told you exactly what the Liverpool fans thought of the referee's display.

- https://www.liverpool.com/liverpool-fc-news/features/liverpool-brighton-jurgen-klopp-coote-28916451

It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #364 on: April 1, 2024, 11:39:22 am »
I like Brighton, didn’t hear any shit chanting. Good club bar those kids trying to buy Tepids jacket with elbow pads.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #365 on: April 1, 2024, 11:45:03 am »
Max Allister  =  Pirlo.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #366 on: April 1, 2024, 11:45:31 am »

I thought it was already in place? Hence Rashford's goal against us last season?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #367 on: April 1, 2024, 12:42:57 pm »
Watching the replay, Veltman waved so many imaginary cards I thought he was training to be a magician

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #368 on: April 1, 2024, 01:12:39 pm »
The Manchester Guardian properly bitter about our win - not anywhere on the sports or football pages and as mentions go - they were so pissed off, they didn't even mention our win

Sad. Manc. Inbred. Bastards

:lmao
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #369 on: April 1, 2024, 02:51:08 pm »
The Manchester Guardian properly bitter about our win - not anywhere on the sports or football pages and as mentions go - they were so pissed off, they didn't even mention our win

Sad. Manc. Inbred. Bastards

:lmao

ESPN's lead article yesterday - "Arsenal look like title contenders more than ever after cautious Man City draw"

tucked away on the side "Misfiring Salah help Liverpool beat brighton"

and "Klopp back misfiring Salah after crucial Liverpool winner"
« Last Edit: April 1, 2024, 02:56:31 pm by newterp »

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #370 on: April 1, 2024, 03:52:34 pm »
ESPN's lead article yesterday - "Arsenal look like title contenders more than ever after cautious Man City draw"

tucked away on the side "Misfiring Salah help Liverpool beat brighton"

and "Klopp back misfiring Salah after crucial Liverpool winner"

It’s all just noise. I’m sick to death already of pundits discussing who’s going to win the league before during and after every game involving the three. Shut the fuck up, stop minutely deliberating every tiny detail about it, and just see what happens whilst enjoying it.
If I hear Gary Neville say one more time ‘I started the season saying Arsenal, and I’m not going to change my mind…’. He said they had to beat city to win it before, and after he said the draw was a mark of champions. They all just make it up as they go along.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #371 on: April 1, 2024, 04:19:24 pm »
It’s all just noise. I’m sick to death already of pundits discussing who’s going to win the league before during and after every game involving the three. Shut the fuck up, stop minutely deliberating every tiny detail about it, and just see what happens whilst enjoying it.
If I hear Gary Neville say one more time ‘I started the season saying Arsenal, and I’m not going to change my mind…’. He said they had to beat city to win it before, and after he said the draw was a mark of champions. They all just make it up as they go along.

no doubt at all. I was just pointing out some weird examples of how Liverpool is denigrated compared to the other 2 teams - one is London's hope - and the other is a brilliant team that has won 4 titles in 5 seasons through grit, work ethic, great players, and limited squad investment and promotion of youth players.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #372 on: April 1, 2024, 05:38:29 pm »
Think yesterday was a magnificent midfield performance. Caused problems by a pain in the arse side but they were so intelligent and figured it out. Its probably our best midfield performance this season.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #373 on: April 1, 2024, 05:55:52 pm »
Think yesterday was a magnificent midfield performance. Caused problems by a pain in the arse side but they were so intelligent and figured it out. Its probably our best midfield performance this season.

Did you get a good Easter egg haul KH, you’ve been positive for at least 3 days now ;)

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #374 on: April 1, 2024, 06:11:52 pm »
I thought it was already in place this season and we're moving to the semi-automated offsides next?

According to the usual waffle by Dale Johnson:

VAR review: This was an exceptionally tight decision, one of the closest we're likely to see without the tolerance level kicking in, which gives the benefit of the doubt to the striker.

If the blue and red defensive and attacking lines are touching, a single green line is displayed and the forward is deemed onside. However, while it's not clear because of the pixelated quality of the graphic, the lines didn't quite touch, meaning the offside decision stood; Diaz's right boot was marginally in advance of this tolerance level.

Whichever system of offside technology you use, there will always be the marginal point when onside becomes offside.

Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #375 on: April 1, 2024, 06:18:42 pm »

The real issue of course is the point at which they freeze the action. Is it when the passer’s boot touches the ball or when the ball is about to leave the foot or some point in between? It has a massive impact on the end decision but you never see any real debate out it.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #376 on: April 1, 2024, 06:43:18 pm »
Ahh, pixilating. Now i get it.

That ficker just said the lines aren't touching when they are touching, didn't he.

It was a bit hard to fathom at the time because of the sheer stress level of having to come from behind against a confident talented and determined foe, but damn we were good yesterday. We just made chance after chance after chance and Mac Allister was very Pirlo like, seriously. Dropping balls on a dime from distance, impossible to take the ball off of.  Crazy good. Sbozo and Mo getting back up to speed, Bradley was great also. Gomez that play where he shouldered the guy off the ball like taking candy from a baby just too good for him.

Many good signs. get the brooms out kids. Gonna run the table from here.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #377 on: April 1, 2024, 06:46:32 pm »

This is one of the biggest problems I have with VAR and how it's used - its lack of transparency for fans. Dale Johnson seems to have definitive confirmation of this, commentators can hear conversations between the VAR and the on-field ref but full audio of these conversations isn't released - however fans in the stadium and watching don't get any of this and have to rely on what they're told or selected clips. It leads to questions being asked and then distrust. I don't even necessarily think there's a huge conspiracy (more, PGMOL not wanting to be questioned) but either way, it's frustrating when when you ask questions, you're labelled as a conspiracy loon. And yeah, it's not just us that are on the wrong end of decisions.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #378 on: April 1, 2024, 06:49:16 pm »

This is one of the biggest problems I have with VAR and how it's used - its lack of transparency for fans. Dale Johnson seems to have definitive confirmation of this, commentators can hear conversations between the VAR and the on-field ref but full audio of these conversations isn't released - however fans in the stadium and watching don't get any of this and have to rely on what they're told or selected clips. It leads to questions being asked and then distrust. I don't even necessarily think there's a huge conspiracy (more, PGMOL not wanting to be questioned) but either way, it's frustrating when when you ask questions, you're labelled as a conspiracy loon. And yeah, it's not just us that are on the wrong end of decisions.

Dale Johnson is the worst - he's probably handed a weekly script by PGMOL to echo or mainly agree with their take - because he chats so much shit it's hard to believe.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #379 on: April 1, 2024, 07:02:01 pm »
Dale Johnson is the worst - he's probably handed a weekly script by PGMOL to echo or mainly agree with their take - because he chats so much shit it's hard to believe.

I did enjoy him getting a bit tetchy a couple of weeks ago when someone dared question him.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #380 on: April 1, 2024, 07:18:40 pm »
The real issue of course is the point at which they freeze the action. Is it when the passer’s boot touches the ball or when the ball is about to leave the foot or some point in between? It has a massive impact on the end decision but you never see any real debate out it.

They need to start using the Adidas match ball asap. Its the one used in the Qatar WC and will be used in the Euros, its got a suspended sensor in the ball that can detect when the ball is touched. They must be using the initial touch as the deciding point.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #381 on: April 1, 2024, 07:30:45 pm »
They need to start using the Adidas match ball asap. Its the one used in the Qatar WC and will be used in the Euros, its got a suspended sensor in the ball that can detect when the ball is touched. They must be using the initial touch as the deciding point.

What's the time delay between gettimg the signal from the ball, and the camera feed? Is it different for different cameras around the ground?

Honestly, there's so many variables that you'd probably end up with a margin of error of about half a second, which will be useless.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #382 on: April 1, 2024, 07:33:13 pm »

Yep. Would be good if they showed frame-by-frame to decide when the ball is passed, and only then go and draw lines.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline crewlove

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #383 on: April 1, 2024, 07:45:33 pm »
Dale is basically a PGMOL mouthpiece and has been for some time now. If you read him once you will now what kind of words and explanations he will use next time.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #384 on: April 1, 2024, 08:02:00 pm »
What's the time delay between gettimg the signal from the ball, and the camera feed? Is it different for different cameras around the ground?

Honestly, there's so many variables that you'd probably end up with a margin of error of about half a second, which will be useless.

They use connected ball technology as Adidas calls it, they track the ball and the players and use AI to work it out. They have between 12 and 24 antennas around the pitch, ball tracking data is sent up to 400 times per second and the calculations are done in 20ms. Kinexion who developed the sensor say its real time. Can't find out how they match it to the camera for the human confirmation checks though, as they AI presents a still to the VAR to check. You can see it in action in the CL and I think its used in the Europa League, its why the offsides are so quick.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #385 on: April 1, 2024, 08:06:57 pm »
I like Brighton, didn’t hear any shit chanting. Good club bar those kids trying to buy Tepids jacket with elbow pads.

They were quality on and off the pitch.  Team played well and the supporters sung about Brighton and only Brighton.  Very refreshing.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #386 on: April 1, 2024, 08:54:57 pm »

They have to get their story straight first.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #387 on: April 1, 2024, 11:19:53 pm »
This offside one doesn't bother me too much because in my personal heart i use the feet most times so luis is just offside by that. pgmol be using the arse though so i mean sure tie goes to the runner however sadly the under pixelated nature of modern broadcasting meant the line didn't turn green. as you can see on your screens. The green lines a beauty, she really glows and you know right away, but no this one stayed red and blue. its all very advanced.

Coote Tierney i pretty much expected catastrophe even though Tierney's seemingly gone all fair all of a sudden on klopps farewell tour. Cost me a pile of fantasy points as well ruling that goal out but at least they didn't torpedo the ship totally in terms of real points. Just more or less made a nuisance of themselves. Better than feared.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #388 on: April 2, 2024, 04:37:49 pm »
Point of order…

Dunk’s header was an excellent save by Kelleher.

But had it gone in, it would have been ruled out for offside.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #389 on: April 2, 2024, 04:45:06 pm »
Point of order…

You would hope. Our annnoucers said that Dunk looked off - but who would have wanted the lines to be drawn?? Not me!!

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #390 on: April 2, 2024, 04:48:43 pm »
Point of order…

What’s annoying about that is had they scored from the corner it obviously would have stood.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #391 on: April 2, 2024, 04:51:22 pm »
What’s annoying about that is had they scored from the corner it obviously would have stood.

What's also even more annoying is that it counts towards their xG, so all those in love with it and can't stope quoting it won't take that into consideration.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #392 on: April 2, 2024, 04:58:07 pm »
Point of order…

What's funny is the linesman kept his flag down for that, which was fairly clear, yet the other one put theirs up for the Diaz goal which was as tight as a nuns ninny.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #393 on: April 2, 2024, 05:19:03 pm »
Point of order…

I wouldn’t say it was an excellent save. It was a good save that I would expect Kelleher to make.

Verbruggen‘s save against Salah was a better save.
#JFT97

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #394 on: April 2, 2024, 05:59:17 pm »
I wouldn’t say it was an excellent save. It was a good save that I would expect Kelleher to make.

Verbruggen‘s save against Salah was a better save.
I’d already spiked myself. Therefore it counts as an excellent save
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #395 on: April 2, 2024, 06:33:47 pm »
What's funny is the linesman kept his flag down for that, which was fairly clear, yet the other one put theirs up for the Diaz goal which was as tight as a nuns ninny.
Was sat about 5 yards from the linesman. He seemed to forget he could use his flag when Brighton players were offside or made a foul. Seemed terrified to be even remotely involved in the game.

As my 20 year old work placement assistant said to me today; ‘if Dunk had that Hazard cake it’s 3-1.’
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #396 on: April 2, 2024, 06:42:27 pm »
Was sat about 5 yards from the linesman. He seemed to forget he could use his flag when Brighton players were offside or made a foul. Seemed terrified to be even remotely involved in the game.

As my 20 year old work placement assistant said to me today; ‘if Dunk had that Hazard cake it’s 3-1.’

Hope you fired them. What the fuck does that mean? :D

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #397 on: April 2, 2024, 06:57:04 pm »
Hope you fired them. What the fuck does that mean? :D
Having utilised multiple same-demographic stakeholders in the subsequent analysis, I have learnt that it means ‘if Dunk had a fatter arse he would’ve played Diaz onside.’
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #398 on: April 2, 2024, 07:44:22 pm »

Let’s face it, that Diaz goal was pure guesswork by VAR. Absolutely no way they get the exact moment the ball is played dead right and draw the lines precise enough.

We got away with one similar to that when Sterling scored in the cup final but at least he appeared to be ahead of Konate.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #399 on: April 2, 2024, 07:58:33 pm »
Having utilised multiple same-demographic stakeholders in the subsequent analysis, I have learnt that it means ‘if Dunk had a fatter arse he would’ve played Diaz onside.’

Haha, the youth of today.