Author Topic: Eurovision 2024 (May 11th, semis on the 7th/9th)  (Read 9056 times)

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Eurovision 2024 (May 11th, semis on the 7th/9th)
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2024, 12:31:57 pm »
Holland have been throw out of Eurovision

Bring Australia back.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2024, 12:37:54 pm »
I have a feeling that israel will win because you vote for your winner and Im sure there will be a big campaign from the right to get them to win and everyone, ones else's vote will be split.

Should be an interesting night I don't know if this is true but was reading the TV played canned cheers after israel performed in the semi to cover up the booing but that could be just a social media rumour.

Not sure how this will play out. In the grand scheme of things, it's Eurovision but I'm a little surprised they didn't nip this in the bud given Israel's actions, they should've known this was what was going to happen.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2024, 02:13:35 pm »
Did the Dutch fella spit in someones ear?

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2024, 02:15:46 pm »
Did the Dutch fella spit in someones ear?

Is this a Frank Rijkaard reference?

Online Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2024, 02:17:37 pm »
Just watching skynews and they are talking about some of the bands like Bambie Thug  may withdraw from the show because they didn't take part in the flag ceremony.

And Norway: Alessandra Withdraws From Announcing Eurovision Votes
« Last Edit: May 11, 2024, 02:19:08 pm by Trada »
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2024, 02:18:28 pm »
Is this a Frank Rijkaard reference?

What do you think Nicholas?  ;D

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2024, 02:20:51 pm »
What do you think Nicholas?  ;D

Wasn’t aware you were a fan of his.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2024, 02:28:28 pm »
Wasn’t aware you were a fan of his.

Who? The act or Frank?  :D

Offline Bob Kurac

• Cares.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Modern football is shit
« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2024, 02:44:49 pm »
Can I just point out that I am the UK & Ireland agent for 1/3 of the Estonian entry (Puuluup) and expect you all to vote for them, therefore, and ideally book them for your festivals next year.

Peace. Out.

Online Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2024, 02:58:37 pm »
Just watching skynews and they are talking about some of the bands like Bambie Thug  may withdraw from the show because they didn't take part in the flag ceremony.

Upset by some comments made on Israeli television apparently.

The comments seemed fairly mild - has Bambie ever listened to Graham Norton taking the piss out of all the acts every year? Just focus on performing.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: May 11, 2024, 02:59:48 pm »
Its all kicking off. Probably will be a riot when the Isreali act performs. Also when someone gives them 10 points.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #51 on: May 11, 2024, 03:06:53 pm »

Fair play to Belgian TV earlier in the week...

'Belgian TV channel interrupts Eurovision to address Israel’s genocide:

“This is a union action. We condemn the human rights violations committed by Israel. Additionally, Israel is destroying press freedom. That is why we are pausing the broadcast for a moment.”'

I wonder if they and other countries will do similar tonight.
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline QC

• rawks Lionel Hutz, ambulance chaser.Sucks up to the wrong type of Mod.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: May 11, 2024, 03:09:23 pm »

“This is a union action. We condemn the human rights violations committed by Israel. Additionally, Israel is destroying press freedom. That is why we are pausing the broadcast for a moment.”'

This is awesome.

Online Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #53 on: May 11, 2024, 03:10:18 pm »
They are saying the French contestant stopped his performance halfway through today's dress rehearsal to make statements about the war

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: May 11, 2024, 03:11:20 pm »

Brilliant that.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #55 on: May 11, 2024, 03:14:38 pm »
It seems to be turning into a not to be missed live event not knowing what will happen next.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #56 on: May 11, 2024, 03:49:24 pm »
It seems to be turning into a not to be missed live event not knowing what will happen next.

You're spot on there, mate.

Israel loudly booed again this afternoon in the 'family practice' (final rehearsal?) show - https://twitter.com/kafankafan/status/1789295472424649076 (43 second clip)

I imagine anyone waving one of these inside the hall tonight will also be removed like they were in the semi-finals:-

https://twitter.com/PalastineEye/status/1788948824339206296 (short 18 second clip)

Yet outside - and away from the cameras (on Thursday):-

'Thousands of protesters waving Palestinian flags demonstrated in Malmo, Sweden calling for Israel's suspension from this year’s Eurovision song contest':-

https://twitter.com/AJEnglish/status/1788633954066526406 (50 second clip)

'Eurovision viewing parties in England cancelled over Israel’s participation':-

High-profile parties including London’s biggest viewing event called off amid ongoing offensive in Gaza

www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/article/2024/may/11/eurovision-viewing-parties-in-england-cancelled-over-israels-participation

« Last Edit: May 11, 2024, 04:23:52 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Bob Kurac

• Cares.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: May 11, 2024, 03:55:15 pm »
You're spot on there, mate.

'Eurovision viewing parties in England cancelled over Israel’s participation':-

High-profile parties including London’s biggest viewing event called off amid ongoing offensive in Gaza

www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/article/2024/may/11/eurovision-viewing-parties-in-england-cancelled-over-israels-participation

Classic Grauniad: Parties Aren’t Happening is hardly headline of the year! And as for the quote in the article, “ And it’s a shame that it’s always the queer venues and the queer artists that take the brunt of these decisions” - is that really so?

Offline RedGuy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: May 11, 2024, 04:01:02 pm »

That's certainly rich coming from the Belgians lol

Anyway, I'm sure peace will come as a result of the protests at *checks notes* the Eurovision  :lmao

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #59 on: May 11, 2024, 04:38:13 pm »

Anyway, I'm sure peace will come as a result of the protests at *checks notes* the Eurovision  :lmao

How is life in Israel these days, RedGuy? I take it you're still living there - so you won't be able to vote for Eden Golan tonight?.

And no, nobody was expecting peace to come at Eurovision.

Online filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #60 on: May 11, 2024, 05:00:49 pm »
I have a feeling that israel will win because you vote for your winner and Im sure there will be a big campaign from the right to get them to win and everyone, ones else's vote will be split.

Should be an interesting night I don't know if this is true but was reading the TV played canned cheers after israel performed in the semi to cover up the booing but that could be just a social media rumour.

I could see Israel potentially doing well on the public vote but that is only half of the votes, they won't do much on the judge panels.

Covering up booing isn't a new thing apparently, they did it with Russia in the past.

Online Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #61 on: May 11, 2024, 05:42:43 pm »
It being said that the person who was banned was banned after making an aggressive movement towards a cameraman after he keep filming him after asking the person to stop filming him.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: May 11, 2024, 06:12:44 pm »

And where and when, would you say, is protesting worthwhile if not at an event watched by 150m+ people around the globe?

Offline Baby Huey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: May 11, 2024, 06:16:29 pm »

So the actions of Belgians in the Congo Free State precludes them from taking any political stands?

Online Lisan Al Gaib

• Anny Roader
  • Lead them to Paradise
« Reply #64 on: May 11, 2024, 06:36:44 pm »
It being said that the person who was banned was banned after making an aggressive movement towards a cameraman after he keep filming him after asking the person to stop filming him.

Yep. He made a threatening gesture towards an EBU camera woman because he didn't want to be filmed, yet still everyone is blaming Israel for it despite it having absolutely nothing to do with them. The guy seems like a proper c*nt anyway, he released a song about how much he loved Russia shortly after they invaded Ukraine.

Offline LuverlyRita

• metar made
  • Kopite
« Reply #65 on: May 11, 2024, 06:41:11 pm »
I could see Israel potentially doing well on the public vote but that is only half of the votes, they won't do much on the judge panels.

Looks like they are guaranteed votes from the likes of Laurence Fox, Andrew Neil and most of the far right  ::)

I am so thankful that this didn't happen last year. I didn't go to Eurovision but everyone who did had a great time and it's such a shame that the harmonious atmosphere that was generated in Liverpool won't be replicated in Malmo. The Swedes must be rueing the day that they won it.

Offline whtwht

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: May 11, 2024, 06:47:30 pm »
I'll be half watching but hopefully acts just walk off.
He'll win the league in the next 3 years. Quote me on that.
Quote me on this, but come next season he'll be great for us. Just needs to remove the walking headless chicken next to him

Offline Bob Kurac

• Cares.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: May 11, 2024, 06:58:00 pm »
Can I just point out that I am the UK & Ireland agent for 1/3 of the Estonian entry (Puuluup) and expect you all to vote for them, therefore, and ideally book them for your festivals next year.

Peace. Out.

I’m serious, by the way!

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #68 on: May 11, 2024, 07:07:04 pm »

Peace. Out.
I’m serious, by the way!
Won't be watching the shit show, but I'll vote for them, mate.

Online Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #69 on: May 11, 2024, 07:10:26 pm »
Looks like they are guaranteed votes from the likes of Laurence Fox

It's got to be a tough one for the anti-Woke grifters of the world, will they get more kudos & cash from their followers for performatively boycotting the whole competition, or publicly filming themselves voting for Israel?

Can't do both.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #70 on: May 11, 2024, 07:40:28 pm »
I’m serious, by the way!

Nah, you’re Tallin stories I reckon.

Offline Bob Kurac

• Cares.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: May 11, 2024, 07:54:27 pm »
Nah, you’re Tallin stories I reckon.

Aaarf!

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: May 11, 2024, 07:56:40 pm »
I’m serious, by the way!

I am open to bribes  ;D
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
    • X / Twitter: @TheLiverNerd
« Reply #73 on: May 11, 2024, 08:05:01 pm »
Tune!
"Believe you are the best, then make sure that you are." - Shankly

X / Twitter: @TheLiverNerd - https://x.com/TheLiverNerd

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #74 on: May 11, 2024, 08:10:23 pm »
Finland have my vote just on looks alone

Sorry Bob
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: May 11, 2024, 08:11:44 pm »
Go Austria. ;D
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #76 on: May 11, 2024, 08:13:12 pm »
The girl with the babylons needed support
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: May 11, 2024, 08:15:24 pm »
I’m serious, by the way!
We need some maths from Tepid the teacher of how we can impact the vote.

48,000 RAWK members, deduct the absentees, factor in the additions from RAWK family members, deduct those in the pub, add those with a VPN who have multiple votes, deduct Al coz he'll vote for himself, add anyone from Andy's pub quiz poll, deduct Nick's neighbours, add Jim's neighbours in Tallin.

Extrapolate that Tepid.

Offline whtwht

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: May 11, 2024, 08:19:35 pm »
Tune!

Probably the best of the night in truth.
He'll win the league in the next 3 years. Quote me on that.
Quote me on this, but come next season he'll be great for us. Just needs to remove the walking headless chicken next to him

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #79 on: May 11, 2024, 08:20:31 pm »
We need some maths from Tepid the teacher of how we can impact the vote.

48,000 RAWK members, deduct the absentees, factor in the additions from RAWK family members, deduct those in the pub, add those with a VPN who have multiple votes, deduct Al coz he'll vote for himself, add anyone from Andy's pub quiz poll, deduct Nick's neighbours, add Jim's neighbours in Tallin.

Extrapolate that Tepid.

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W