Author Topic: MATCH PREVIEW - SPYIN' KOP - EFL Cup Final, Chelsea v Liverpool, 25th Feb, 15:00  (Read 25274 times)

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
As long as Cody is in the line up he's been our main scorer in this competition I remain confident the younger lads will raise themselves I have no doubt.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Wonder if a team has ever had their entire attack injured in a game before? We and others have had 3 injuries in a game before but can't remember one area just getting dismantled before, crazy. Hopefully our reserves and kids if we go to extra time can get it done.

Diaz is 1st choice.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
It’s looking more and more like the 3 injuries are worse than we thought and not truly day to day. None are in full team training. Obviously doesn’t make sense for the club to let Chelsea know that but think we all need to be realistic about their availability going forward. I will now be glad to get them back ready to start for City (so on the bench before then).

We have enough today to win though if we’re not ahead after 90 it will be up to the kids on the bench to do it for us. You wouldn’t bet against them.
Just a quick one here, but do we actually know that none of the three are in first team training?

We haven’t really seen any footage of first team training, or have I missed it?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
I'll be amazed if that isn't the team. I also think Salah, Nunez, and Dom won't even make the bench.

Probably is the team.

And I also think none of those 3 will be in the squad.

Like Klopp says as long as we have 11 we will give it our all. Just have to forget about who isn’t there.
YWNA

Offline Casta

• way
  • Anny Roader
  • Kiba, Per Sempre nel mio Cuore...
Anyone watching Sky Sports this morning would suggest we might as well not turn up today such is the resurgent power of Chelsea and the tactical know how of the savant manager Pochettino, fuckin ridiculous

Cmon Redmen!!!
Nostalgia isn’t what it used to be

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

Offline Vegeta

• Is definitely a vegetable. All posts stink like sprouts.
  • Anny Roader
Diaz is 1st choice.
No chance ,he does not play if the main 3 are fit who  are 3 of the best attackers in the league.
150 IQ never wrong.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
No chance ,he does not play if the main 3 are fit who  are 3 of the best attackers in the league.

Jota will be missing for the next couple of months, so he will be part of the main three.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
That cup final feeling has taken over me.

:champ
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Vegeta

• Is definitely a vegetable. All posts stink like sprouts.
  • Anny Roader
Jota will be missing for the next couple of months, so he will be part of the main three.
No doubt, I'm just saying that we have the best front 3 in the league when fit  ;D Diaz and Gapko are the backup options, but it's pretty decent depth compared to our rivals.
150 IQ never wrong.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
No doubt, I'm just saying that we have the best front 3 in the league when fit  ;D Diaz and Gapko are the backup options, but it's pretty decent depth compared to our rivals.

It may depend on how quickly Jota finds his form, sometimes it takes time and I can see him and Diaz swopping places like they did earlier on in the season before Jota got his mojo back.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
https://x.com/SkySportsNews/status/1761702118388343032?t=UU2izkaj1W3clo1Zgqvd0Q&s=08

Good lad Vinnie, making sure that sky (not Sky unfortunately) comes crashing down around us before we've started 👍

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Everyone chill about the line up. Whatever we go with should be more than good enough and try and enjoy the day. Back to Anfield South.

It's frustrating we've got so many players out as we're so much better than them. But hey ho, like Klopp says, as long as we have 11 players, we'll go for it.

Just watching the 2022 final again and I forgot they bought Kepa on in the final minute of injury time for the penalty shootout; he didn't save a single of the 11 penalties and missed the decisive one ;D
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
Cup final day!! I know you're supposed to enjoy it, but I rarely do till we lift the trophy. I turn into a bedwetter on cup final day  ;D

Just win please lads  :scarf

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Well that seems fairly terminal to me. 
Jurgen isn’t one to play mind games either

Might be have late fitness tests.

Either way, we have a strong team out.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
lets twat these twats  :scarf

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
I have only just realised it's a 3pm kick off, what are the odds?

Offline Jean Girard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
Fairly sanguine and looking forward to this.

What an opportunity for all the young lads, eh? We have nothing to fear here, and I'm sure Jurgen will be drilling that into the lads - its the 1 billion pound squad in blue have a lot more to prove than us.  Caoimhin, Conor, Harvey, Jarrell, Ryan, Bobby Clarke, Jack O'Connell, Danns - this is their moment, hoping nothing but the best for them and a really special day. Delighted for the academy too - all in all regardless of the result - this should be a huge day of celebration for long term planning and development within the club. That injuries have brought us here is besides the point, watching these kids emerge and play a part in the last 2 months has been a treat. Have no doubt the club and the city will be done proud.

This is a huge chance for a cup, they don't come around every season - go for it Reds.  Best of luck and safe travels to everyone lucky enough to be going - we'll need your vocal cords today.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2024, 11:02:01 am by Jean Girard »
And now, the matador shall dance with the blind shoemaker!

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Liverpool 5/4,Chelsea 2/1. (90 mins)

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
And I also think none of those 3 will be in the squad.
That’s been confirmed.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
Liverpool 5/4,Chelsea 2/1. (90 mins)

I meant the choice of kick off time! But thanks anyway.  ;D

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
God knows what side we put out midweek if we play close to the Luton line up again here, and probably need them against Forest too.

One game at a time. Feels big today, lose today, a very weak side midweek and it can all start to unravel with these bastard injuries.

Win today and whoever plays midweek will be absolutely bouncing.

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
That’s been confirmed.

No it hasn't.

Offline Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Chelsea fans still think it's mind games and the injured players will start   :lmao

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to

The last 10 years it's been 16:30.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
Bet the likes of McConnell, Clark etc never imagined they’d be on the bench at Wembley this season. Must be absolutely buzzing. And Bradley about to start his first Cup Final.

These young lads won’t let us down. And with a strong experienced back line along side Bradley he’s got no worries. Virgil will lead us to glory and I reckon he might bag the winner too
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Vote For Pedro

• "Kay-bye!"
  • Legacy Fan
I meant the choice of kick off time! But thanks anyway.  ;D
;D

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
No it hasn't.
Well okay, technically it hasn’t been posted by the club in their lineup yet, but the source itself is incredibly accurate for our squad news.

Offline Cesar

• Legacy Fan
It is what it is. I'm excited to see what the next generation will do in a cup final. Great opportunity to really make a name for themselves! 2-0, Diaz and Connor 🤞🏆

Offline zamagiure

• tujenkins
  • Legacy Fan
It is what it is. I'm excited to see what the next generation will do in a cup final. Great opportunity to really make a name for themselves! 2-0, Diaz and Connor 🤞🏆

Conor
mines a pint

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Bet the likes of McConnell, Clark etc never imagined they’d be on the bench at Wembley this season. Must be absolutely buzzing. And Bradley about to start his first Cup Final.

These young lads won’t let us down. And with a strong experienced back line along side Bradley he’s got no worries. Virgil will lead us to glory and I reckon he might bag the winner too

Quansah too. And Elliott and Gomez l, while technically not Academy players, we bought them when they were very young and they've developed massively whilst they've been here. Massive credit to our coaches. Can add Kelleher as well.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

Got a feeling Endo will blast one in from the edge of the area today. So 3-0 :P

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
That’s been confirmed.

It hasn’t.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline kop306

• Kopite
dom, mo , and darwin

let them rest for a week before the forest game

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
These injuries are really getting concerning. Dom, Mo, Darwin , Trent and Jota. Fuckinghell. Will be a tough game this, hopefully the kids will see us through.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
You feel Nunez would have been a handful on that big Wembley pitch, such a shame.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Cesar

• Legacy Fan
Got a feeling Endo will blast one in from the edge of the area today. So 3-0 :P

Ooh yes.. Endo deffo has a goal in him!

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
You feel Nunez would have been a handful on that big Wembley pitch, such a shame.
Our back 6 is solid and that gives me a glimmer of hope. We really need to take advantage of our set pieces.

I remember Pochettino alluding to Chelsea being poor at defending them.