Author Topic: PL: Liv 4 vs 2 New Mo 49’ 86Isak 54’ Jones 74’ Gakpo 78’ Botman 81’  (Read 25948 times)

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
Re: PL: Liv 4 vs 2 New Mo 49’ 86Isak 54’ Jones 74’ Gakpo 78’ Botman 81’
« Reply #640 on: January 2, 2024, 12:59:13 pm »
17 points better off than this stage last season. Game 21 was the 0-0 at home to Chelsea, game 22 was the 3-0 humiliation at Wolves. If we can come out of January with two more league wins then it sets the last few months up so, so nicely. We needed a huge swing in results to get in the title race and all credit to them, they really have produced it.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #641 on: January 2, 2024, 01:00:02 pm »
Jones has come of age. Amazing player and athlete.
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jόrgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #643 on: January 2, 2024, 01:18:44 pm »
Someone told me that Salah changed his boots at HT (after missing the penalty) - if true, 😀

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #644 on: January 2, 2024, 01:22:21 pm »
to be honest Aldo was nearly as bad criticising Darwen but he at least acknowledged the good stuff.
I would love to listen to radio commentary - do you know whether any of the radio stations that broadcast match commentary are available via the internet?

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #645 on: January 2, 2024, 01:33:15 pm »
Jota takes a couple of strides but he is clipped (that part isn’t up for debate). A foul in the box is a penalty. Jota could have attempted to stay on his feet and kick the ball into an empty net but regardless, it’s a foul.

and a red card
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #646 on: January 2, 2024, 01:36:24 pm »

Must be quite a sickener to watch real football (with crowds) compared to their sun blasted walking football that they have retired too. More excitement last night watching their national team get beaten than a whole Saudi Pro League season.

Is that Diaz's dad again?
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Hestoic

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #647 on: January 2, 2024, 01:38:55 pm »

and a red card

This was my issue at the time. Why was it not a red if he's been brought down? There were no covering defenders. Overall I'm not arsed since it was at the end of the game and would like the Saudis to be at full strength when they play Abu Dhabi just in case they can nick a result, but it confused me.

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #648 on: January 2, 2024, 01:41:08 pm »
Just watched the highlights with the sound off - Soooooo much better…
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline driftinwest

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone.
« Reply #649 on: January 2, 2024, 01:50:37 pm »
Great result just a bit disappointing on the goals we conceded especially the corner, I'm usually confident on our defence to clear and make a break from set pieces that's 2 from last 2 home games now we've been beaten to crosses. Last night's game could have been a cricket score only for their keeper and last gasp blocks from defenders.
The gob on Eddy Howe after the match and his bitter comments sounded just like the  blue nose he used to be.
If my assistant had not signalled a goal, I would have given a penalty and sent off goalkeeper Patr Cheh. he beeped me to signal the foul. The noise from the crowd  stopped me hearing it, I have been involved at places like Barcelona, Ibrox, Old Trafford, Arsenal, but I've never in my life been involved in such an atmosphere. IT WAS INCREDIBLE

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #650 on: January 2, 2024, 03:12:24 pm »
;D

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/9lAXD4dcDwQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/9lAXD4dcDwQ</a>
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #651 on: January 2, 2024, 03:16:28 pm »
Someone told me that Salah changed his boots at HT (after missing the penalty) - if true, 😀
He did, he mentioned in his post match interview he wasn’t happy with them or his first half and didn’t want to leave for the Afcon with that as his last performance.

I’d say his half time self motivation worked
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #652 on: January 2, 2024, 03:35:56 pm »
Just watching the game back and I think I'm actually blaming Alisson for their second goal, if anyone. There was nothing Jota could really do given the size and run advantage that Botman had on him, and ultimately the header was won 5 yards from goal in a central position. I think he should come for it.

Obviously easier said than done, especially in those conditions, and it was a good delivery.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #653 on: January 2, 2024, 03:37:58 pm »
Just watching the game back and I think I'm actually blaming Alisson for their second goal, if anyone. There was nothing Jota could really do given the size and run advantage that Botman had on him, and ultimately the header was won 5 yards from goal in a central position. I think he should come for it.

Obviously easier said that done, especially in those conditions.

Wasn't the problem that Botman has a huge amount of space to run and jump? If he was doing a standing jump it would have been easier to block.
Not sure if we are zonal or mixed, but there was too much space to take a running leap in the box.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #654 on: January 2, 2024, 04:31:36 pm »
Joelinton is a decent player, but his game revolves around banging into players late, niggling fouls like grabbing and pulling that refs seem to ignore.
Given that he isn’t the captain, the number of times he was in taylor’s face arguing should have been a yellow. Tony was quick to clamp down on Diaz and Salah for dissent.
As for that Longstaff, he got away with shoving VVD in all that hullabaloo after the foul. Taylor all most lost control when Saudi went full petulant.

Beheady feeling under pressure.
Never understood the fuss about him. Let’s face it Bournemouth got progressively worse under him. At least Potter had Brighton playing good football.

We're a fair team but get punished for everything. A late tackle - automatic yellow. Kick the ball away out of frustration with awful decisions - yellow. Protest a decision - yellow. Breathe on an opponent - foul

None of this seems to apply the other way. This is where the refereeing bias must be coming in. We aren't getting reffed the same but then we get odd the pen that the media can have a fit over and then it doesn't get spoke about.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Buster Gonad

• Kopite
« Reply #655 on: January 2, 2024, 04:34:59 pm »
Thinking back, I'm made up with last night.  We've not played particularly well most of the season but managed to pick up a large point haul. But of late we've been the better team in most games and performances are really positive. Priorities are keeping Joe fit until Robbo gets back as that's our most worrying area.
We're fortunate Jota and Mac are back as Mo and Endo leave.
I'm still not sure if we've got a title in us but there's definitely a chance and I don't believe city will get more than 85 points.

Remember the media campaign against Benitez with both regards to zonal marking and rotation?  Well now of course Zonal is commonplace and rotation is an accepted and essential part of football.  Klopp has managed his rotation better than any of our rivals and we had an energy that I haven't seen from anyone else at this time of the year.  Whatever happens it's gonna be fun.

Online BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #656 on: January 2, 2024, 04:38:21 pm »

Obviously easier said than done, especially in those conditions, and it was a good delivery.
That’s something Nunez gives us, he’s brilliant at defending corners.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #657 on: January 2, 2024, 04:42:36 pm »
Wasn't the problem that Botman has a huge amount of space to run and jump? If he was doing a standing jump it would have been easier to block.
Not sure if we are zonal or mixed, but there was too much space to take a running leap in the box.
That's how it seemed to me, like an issue with us not being organised properly.  I wouldn't expect Alisson to be coming for a corner delivered at a low trajectory into that area.  An outfield player should have been in that zone to get their head on it and/or somebody should have been blocking the run from Botman.

I thought we reacted really well to both of their goals.  We just went straight back to dominating them and didn't give them any chance to build on their bolts from the blue.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #658 on: January 2, 2024, 05:54:42 pm »
https://twitter.com/Squawka/status/1741944074846765330

Liverpool's xG in their 9-0 win against Bournemouth was 3.32

Liverpool's xG in their 7-0 win against Manchester United was 2.78

Liverpool's xG against Newcastle was more than both COMBINED.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #659 on: January 2, 2024, 05:57:07 pm »
We keep it going until Mo & Endo come back and we will be in with a shout (originally put something else).
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #660 on: January 2, 2024, 06:16:43 pm »
David Moist, last night.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #661 on: January 2, 2024, 06:36:03 pm »

...Hello Darkness My Old Friend..........

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #662 on: January 2, 2024, 07:09:48 pm »
Jones has come of age. Amazing player and athlete.

He's been sensational since April. Links the play so well, can dribble, can score. Fitness issues are all that can stop him being a very big player for us for the next 8 years or more. Hope most of those are behind him.

Offline jDJ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #663 on: January 2, 2024, 08:22:08 pm »
The shitshow against United looks like a turning point for us in terms of performance. We’ve been miles better in every game since. The tempo, the pressing, just everything has been dialled up and it’s great to see.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #664 on: January 2, 2024, 08:51:54 pm »
The shitshow against United looks like a turning point for us in terms of performance. We’ve been miles better in every game since. The tempo, the pressing, just everything has been dialled up and it’s great to see.
That's my observation as well.

Before Utd our counter pressing never looked as impressive this season. It makes sense that with all the new signings we needed few months to reach that level of cohesion. This gives me so much confidence for the rest of the season.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #665 on: January 2, 2024, 09:30:00 pm »
I would love to listen to radio commentary - do you know whether any of the radio stations that broadcast match commentary are available via the internet?

I have the lfctvgo app that means I can watch or listen to whatever is being shown on the TV channel on my phone or laptop but if I'm listening to other games or sports I use radio 5 live on the BBC app or talksport if I'm desperate though that's not very often.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #666 on: January 2, 2024, 10:09:01 pm »

Latest isn’t up yet but these always do it

https://m.youtube.com/@RaisedOnRadioLFC/videos

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #667 on: January 2, 2024, 10:43:11 pm »
I have the lfctvgo app that means I can watch or listen to whatever is being shown on the TV channel on my phone or laptop but if I'm listening to other games or sports I use radio 5 live on the BBC app or talksport if I'm desperate though that's not very often.
Thanks

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan

Offline slimbo

• Kopite
« Reply #669 on: January 2, 2024, 11:40:39 pm »

Bobby's wife... "oh how I've missed this"

Offline Realgman

• Kopite
  • gerrup the yard
« Reply #670 on: January 2, 2024, 11:42:39 pm »
Been amazed how good he's been. A couple of moments aside, he's had a brilliant season, whatever position he's played. Almost back to his 2018-20 best.

Yeah, has been great, the noise around the defence has seriously been lowered during his time...
I am not a dreamer. I am a football romantic-Jurgen Klopp

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #671 on: January 3, 2024, 12:51:49 am »
Love these summaries………

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/7N_iZIqJDcY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/7N_iZIqJDcY</a>

#JFT97

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #672 on: January 3, 2024, 01:28:03 am »
Love these summaries………

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/7N_iZIqJDcY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/7N_iZIqJDcY</a>

:D
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Garnier

• Legacy Fan
  • thought Brendan could tame Balotelli
« Reply #673 on: January 3, 2024, 01:53:53 am »
17 points better off than this stage last season. Game 21 was the 0-0 at home to Chelsea ...

The game where this happened:

I think that's the most convinced a human's ever been in history.
The change is cast

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #674 on: January 3, 2024, 08:09:39 am »
we should just feel lucky they were not sent on loan to Newcastle!

Time yet
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
« Reply #675 on: January 3, 2024, 10:47:25 am »
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline DiggerJohn

• Kopite
  • Up the Scouser Republic
« Reply #676 on: January 3, 2024, 10:52:19 am »
On Gary Neville I thought that was the most agenda driven commentary I have ever experienced. And fuels the flames for rival fans varpool cheats divers narrative. Nev would prefer city to win again. Very small minded man.
« Last Edit: January 3, 2024, 10:58:14 am by DiggerJohn »

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #677 on: January 3, 2024, 11:03:11 am »
I don't get why we get Neville. He hates commentating us, we hate listening to him. Who is winning here? I guess we are talking about it so sky wins (like always).

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jόrgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #678 on: January 3, 2024, 11:19:15 am »
I don't get why we get Neville. He hates commentating us, we hate listening to him. Who is winning here? I guess we are talking about it so sky wins (like always).

This would make perfect sense if Sky's venture was to produce a professional level of football commentary and punditry. The problem is they have no intention of doing that, which is why their coverage is full of agenda driven nonsense. The likes of Neville and Carragher are perfect stooges for just that one thing. Sky don't have to set high quotas when basically they have few rivals and that's why football is stuck with them. It's a rotten shame that Prime have lost out as they were truly offering something different to what you get from the Sky/TNT stables.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #679 on: January 3, 2024, 11:50:27 am »
This would make perfect sense if Sky's venture was to produce a professional level of football commentary and punditry.
The quicker the broadcasting bubble bursts the better for all of us. With the new deal, it looks unlikely at this stage so it is literally down to the fans to cancel their subs. It's the only language they will understand when done at scale.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...