Author Topic: Turkish football leagues suspended indefinitely  (Read 3541 times)

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
Re: Turkish football leagues suspended indefinitely
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2023, 08:41:38 pm »
Is there a complaints procedure for The Times, that column is a disgrace.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2023, 08:45:11 pm »
Isn’t the only recent violence involving an official in the PL when Robertson got elbowed? That’s ok tho isn’t it.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2023, 09:04:30 pm »
I just saw Peter Walton's comments. Wow! What an absolute disgrace he is.  :no
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline DarkOfTheManatee

• Anny Roader
« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2023, 10:34:06 pm »
Disgraceful that from Peter Walton.

Genuinely pathetic that he would specifically call out two managers by name in a pretty inflammatory way, when literally every single manager in the league has criticised the refs this season.

And even without the red-tinted specs, Klopp is also the only one of those managers who has been unhappy with a decision that was completely, objectively wrong.

But no surprise, I suppose - Klopp and Arteta have been the managers that the media and pundits have picked out for their own "pile-on", so Walton is toeing the party line, as he does week in, week out.

On another note, don't see any mention of Haaland screaming in the ref's face the other week - which is behaviour that's probably more likely to lead to violence than an angry post-match press conference.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2023, 10:47:25 pm »
Whys Walton picking out Klopp and Arteta? No Ten Hag? He never stops using the ref as an excuse

For a start the worst in the league is Dyche. By a mile. The man is comical and the things he complains about are comical

Brighton and Fulham managers are absolutely shocking also.

But let's focus on big names.
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2023, 10:55:23 pm »
I saw this last night night and thought "how soon does someone blame Klopp for it?" Part of me, foolishly, wasn't actually expecting it to happen so quickly.

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2023, 11:18:38 pm »
If people here cannot see how this event is so clearly Jurgen Klopp's fault, then no one can help you. In truth, it is Klopp who should be getting arrested, not the president of this Turkish club, who is a small fish in this crime.

Online stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2023, 12:46:05 am »
“The assault of an official in Turkish top-flight could easily have happened in UK”

How on earth does Walton think that? He’s just spreading nonsense and there is zero evidence that a similar situation would happen here. Does he really believe that any manager or owner etc would resort to punching a referee and kicking him when he is down. He mentions Klopp and Arteta but neither have ever suggested that a referee should be assaulted. There’s a huge difference between complaining about decisions and assault and it’s a disgrace to imply that one leads to another.

Yes there are idiots in the crowd but these people have always been around and Klopp etc cannot be blamed for their actions. That’s why we don’t allow fans onto the pitch as it is certain that one idiot would hit a player or official.

To imply that any manager or chairman or owner etc in the EPL would incite or condone or carry out assault is ridiculous. Walton has zero evidence and if he does then say so. But don’t be a bloody lazy journalist and start making preposterous claims.
#JFT97

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: December 13, 2023, 06:45:10 am »
“The assault of an official in Turkish top-flight could easily have happened in UK”

How on earth does Walton think that? He’s just spreading nonsense and there is zero evidence that a similar situation would happen here. Does he really believe that any manager or owner etc would resort to punching a referee and kicking him when he is down. He mentions Klopp and Arteta but neither have ever suggested that a referee should be assaulted. There’s a huge difference between complaining about decisions and assault and it’s a disgrace to imply that one leads to another.

Yes there are idiots in the crowd but these people have always been around and Klopp etc cannot be blamed for their actions. That’s why we don’t allow fans onto the pitch as it is certain that one idiot would hit a player or official.

To imply that any manager or chairman or owner etc in the EPL would incite or condone or carry out assault is ridiculous. Walton has zero evidence and if he does then say so. But don’t be a bloody lazy journalist and start making preposterous claims.
Maybe he means that the officials in this country are so incompetent/ biased that he’s surprised no one has given them a slap. That would make sense.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2023, 06:48:55 am »
Meanwhile over in Rugby Union.

Leinster will talk to James Ryan about his dealings with referees, while also engaging with the officials themselves after Sunday’s fractious exchanges with match official Matt Carley during the province’s win over La Rochelle.

English referee Carley told Ryan he would no longer interact with him during the first half of the tempestuous Stade Marcel Déflandre clash, choosing instead to engage with the second row’s co-captain, Garry Ringrose.

Leinster assistant coach Andrew Goodman said that Leinster would engage with Ryan and the officials to find a solution to the issue. “Both I think,” Goodman said.

“We always have conversations about how we deal with the language that we use.

“We want to be respectful to referees, the pressure they are under in a big game like that.

“The tone of voice and the way we address refs is going to be important for us moving forward because of situations like that.

“I am sure that Leo (Cullen) and the ref will catch up on Monday or Tuesday. We will get a bit of feedback.”

https://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/champions-cup/tone-of-voice-is-going-to-be-important-leinster-will-speak-to-james-ryan-about-ref-dealings-in-the-future/a805811141.html
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2023, 09:22:18 am »
Club should be banned for the rest of the season and relegated.

100% relegate them out of pro football in Turkey.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2023, 11:04:27 am »
That's an absolute disgrace, I hope the Times and Walton get a shite load of complaints about that.
An atrocious statement.

What a twat conflating violence with telling the truth.

Gobshite.

EDIT: Liverpool & Arsenal should be issuing a joint statement condemning Peter Walton, I'm fucking livid about that.

Peter Walton is just writing for Rupert Murdoch - I have no fucking idea why anyone takes any notice of the Times thesedays anymore than they'd take notice of other NI papers like the fucking S*n.

Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #52 on: December 14, 2023, 12:12:55 am »
So Peter Walton is basically inciting a pile on on Klopp and Arteta? Gobshite.

Surely that's libelous and actionable?
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #53 on: December 14, 2023, 01:28:50 am »
Hope Klopp and Arteta do him for libel. Absolute fucking disgrace.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2023, 07:48:36 am »
Hope Klopp and Arteta do him for libel. Absolute fucking disgrace.

PGMOL are not fit for purpose. This just underlines just how bad they are.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: December 14, 2023, 08:06:54 am »
Just ban The Times from all media interviews.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2023, 08:34:37 am »
Just ban The Times from all media interviews.

That's the easiest thing to do. Libel laws in the UK are tighter than in the US, and with Klopp and Arteta being public figures, the bar for defamation is higher.

Banning The Times until a retraction or apology is received is probably the only viable step forward. Would help if both clubs did it - or Klopp and Arteta could offer to "sit down" with Walton for a "chat" so he can explain his views and they can tell him why he is wrong.

Can you imagine Walton trying to say this stuff to Klopp's face? He'd shit himself!
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: December 14, 2023, 12:18:05 pm »
Don't know what you are talking about  ;D

Is he getting given the last rites there?
Jurgen YNWA

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: December 14, 2023, 12:28:33 pm »
'Turkish referee in hospital after being punched by club president':-

Ankaragucu president Faruk Koca: "My aim was to react verbally to the referee and spit in his face. The slap I gave would not cause a fracture. After my slap, the referee threw himself on the ground. They immediately removed me from the scene because I have a heart condition.”

Also deluded:

Peter Walton on Turkish referee being assaulted: "First things first...every governing body needs to come out immediately and condemn these actions...then, maybe the likes of Jurgen Klopp and Mikel Arteta will think twice next time they rush to harangue an official or question his impartiality":-

www.thetimes.co.uk/article/football-referee-abuse-turkey-56lmfvz00 - in full & free, here: https://archive.is/2Ct5l

I'd rather be punched, dirty c*nt

Walton can get to fuck. Tierney has a fucking vendetta against Klopp and doesn't hide it on the pitch, the cheating c*nt. He shouldn't remonstrate with officials, but fuck me, when one is blatantly cheating you, its hard to not react. It goes both fucking ways Mr "I'll change my mind 15 times in a minute" Walton
Jurgen YNWA