Author Topic: PL: Liverpool 3 vs 0 Brentford Salah 40’ 62’ Jota 74’  (Read 13860 times)

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfόnfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Re: PL: Liverpool 3 vs 0 Brentford Salah 40’ 62’ Jota 74’
« Reply #280 on: November 12, 2023, 10:15:11 pm »
Infuriating isn’t it.

Also funny how the player that Endo tackled magically recovered from writhing around in agony the minute that the red wasn’t given by VAR.

that’s what fucked me off about that, he was trying to get Endo sent off. Nothing wrong with him. Both players made contact with each other, but one was honest and got on with it, the other feigned injury.   Endo was a bit lucky not to get booked today, but otherwise, a solid enough game, stepping into a game he likely wouldn't have started, he like Tsimikas are two squad players who performed their roles well for the team today and helped get the 3 points.

Matip and Virgil where very good, the goals where great, all in all a deserved win and done with a few injuries having piled up.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #281 on: November 12, 2023, 10:35:55 pm »
Table's about to shape up, with 2 familiar faces at the top... and a 3rd one.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #282 on: November 12, 2023, 10:39:16 pm »
Table's about to shape up, with 2 familiar faces at the top... and a 3rd one.
Liverpool, Arsenal... and Man City?

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #283 on: November 12, 2023, 11:43:37 pm »
Is Thomas Frank out of his mind?

Saying Endos challenge was the same as Rashfords 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

You fucking nutcase

It's not even a foul
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #284 on: November 12, 2023, 11:46:49 pm »
Infuriating isn’t it.

Also funny how the player that Endo tackled magically recovered from writhing around in agony the minute that the red wasn’t given by VAR.

This bullshit drives me insane

They're coached to actually stay down writhing anout

Thomas Frank and his shit hair desperately wanting reds. It's a disgrace it was actually looked at

Jurgen Klopp

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #285 on: November 12, 2023, 11:48:13 pm »

Not at all, he's since some of the nonsense Liverpool plays have been sent off for this season and is wondering why he can't have a slice.

But he should realise that the refs only feel emboldened to do the big steal away from at Anfield. When they're in our gaff they go for the attritional approach with little fouls to kill momentum, advantages not given, that sort of thing.

Offline touchlineban

• Main Stander
  • Nothing Personal
« Reply #286 on: November 12, 2023, 11:50:02 pm »
MoTM : Nunez (real shame the lad didn't get a deserved goal, but his contribution for the team was emmense). I really can't believe how much his game outside the box has come on and improved in the last year.  His touch and passing are superb.

Honourable mentions : Mo (obviously), Tsimikas and VVD.

Excellent first half.  Full of energy and quick passing.  Carved open Brenford a lot.  All the things that have been missing in the last two.

Jota being dragged to the floor in the box...

Matip being booked for an opposition player fouling him...

Second half, meh.  Great goal by Jota.

Brentford are slick quick passing team.  Fill the box when attacking and when defending.  Mbeumo, I really like that lad.  Never made a bad pass (although his shooting was wayward) and has really, really quick feet.

Three points in the bag, second in the league and point off of Man Shitty.  No complaints, yet.

:)
"Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit posting."

Offline Cruyff Turn

• Kemlynite
« Reply #287 on: November 12, 2023, 11:56:33 pm »
The XG for this game was pretty much level pegging….

I hadn’t quite seen it as being that close…once we scored it seemed pretty routine

Don't think it was that close regardless of XG. They had a good chance one on one, but we had 2 in the first half, scored one and Mo should have probably put the 2nd one away right before half-time.

They had more of a go once we were 2-0 and 3-0 up, but they never had put too much pressure on us during key periods of the match.

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #288 on: November 12, 2023, 11:58:10 pm »
Not at all, he's since some of the nonsense Liverpool plays have been sent off for this season and is wondering why he can't have a slice.

But he should realise that the refs only feel emboldened to do the big steal away from at Anfield. When they're in our gaff they go for the attritional approach with little fouls to kill momentum, advantages not given, that sort of thing.

Getting pissed off with the duplicity of these managers to be honest

Wagging his finger at VAR over a 50/50 challenge.

Be interesting to see if the Aussie yob at spurs keeps that 'I was brought up to respect refs' stuff. I mean he said it on the actual day he got booked for dissent

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #289 on: November 13, 2023, 12:40:35 am »
All things considered, a great 3 goals and 3 points. Haven't got a clue how the xG was worked out, I guess it comes in part from Nunez' offside goals not counting towards xG even though it was clear evidence of our creativity.

Don't see how Endo can be sent off there, i agree that maybe bookings should be reviewed to make it a little clearer.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline shank94

• Currently at minus 10 and falling...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: November 13, 2023, 01:11:59 am »
Great win! Delighted with the strong bounce back. Hopefully a clean NT break and we have Jones, Gravy Gomez, Konate back fit and ready. Going to be a long boring two weeks ffs
Everyone knows it's Shanks, Shank is part of my name.

Offline StL-Dono

• Kopite
  • thank you Ian Rush
« Reply #291 on: November 13, 2023, 02:37:00 am »
Great, hard-fought result.  I thought Nunez was outstanding, Tsimikas and Endo greatly improved from midweek, VVD brilliant as has been usual this season.   

What got under my skin was the way Tierney gave a free kick nearly every single time we pressed them from behind and they immediately toppled to the ground.  It seemed like it was reflexive from him.  LFC challenge, Brentford falls over, free kick.  Rinse and repeat. 

It seems our players mostly try to play out of a challenge like that, rarely just dive, and from time to time, lose the ball because of their honesty.  To me that was the most frustrating thing from a much needed winning performance. 

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #292 on: November 13, 2023, 04:07:09 am »
Joint best defence in the league too. Not too bad is it
"Jόrgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #293 on: November 13, 2023, 05:22:18 am »
Was not even a yellow. Both players going into the tackle on a 50-50 ball, without studs up.
How is that even a yellow, let alone a red?
Football has become a pansy's game. McMahon would be living in misery playing football in this age.

I've no problems with Thomas Franck, but his comments on MOTD2 were unusual.

Along the lines of "I don't think it's a red card, but with VAR and Curtis Jones at Spurs and Rashford against Cophenhagen it it's"

What mate?

Don't think it was that close regardless of XG. They had a good chance one on one, but we had 2 in the first half, scored one and Mo should have probably put the 2nd one away right before half-time.

They had more of a go once we were 2-0 and 3-0 up, but they never had put too much pressure on us during key periods of the match.

Like so many things xG on its own won't tell the actual story, we had 10 shots on target to their 3 from an almost equal number of total shots.

It's also not player dependent I believe meaning a chance for Salah, the exact same chance for one of their fellas is the same xG
« Last Edit: November 13, 2023, 05:25:52 am by red_Mark1980 »

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #294 on: November 13, 2023, 08:49:48 am »
The XG for this game was pretty much level pegging….

I hadn’t quite seen it as being that close…once we scored it seemed pretty routine

This it's swayed by a fair amount of Brentford's pressure coming after it was 3-0, and the offside goals having no baring on xg but giving us a clear indication that our first goal was long overdue.

I've no problems with Thomas Franck, but his comments on MOTD2 were unusual.

Along the lines of "I don't think it's a red card, but with VAR and Curtis Jones at Spurs and Rashford against Cophenhagen it it's"

What mate?

Like so many things xG on its own won't tell the actual story, we had 10 shots on target to their 3 from an almost equal number of total shots.

It's also not player dependent I believe meaning a chance for Salah, the exact same chance for one of their fellas is the same xG

The mental thing about that VAR check was that if it was Endo who stayed down and the Brentford player who got up, it could easily be looked at just as closely in terms of a potential red card for them. They literally challenge in the exact same way and both get the ball in doing so. Any contact above the ankle was only a consequence of them lying down.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2023, 08:53:24 am by LovelyCushionedHeader »
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
« Reply #295 on: November 13, 2023, 08:51:33 am »
You fucking nutcase
It's not even a foul

Probably was a foul and we've seen them being carded, but the point he was trying to make is that it shouldn't be a red card. All the ones he listed, in his opinion should be yellows and then we get on with the game, but VAR is making them Reds by showing stills and they really shouldn't be. So he listed a number of challenges, and included Curtis Jones, that shouldn't have resulted in Reds according to the rules, but VAR interviening makes it a red.

I actually enjoyed his presser. He seems lucid & level headed, knowledgable about football and how the game should be played and reffed. Almost like watching Klopp, obviously supporting his team, but aware of the bigger picture.
"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #296 on: November 13, 2023, 09:46:37 am »
Was great to see that cheating fucking twat Tierney loudly called out by the whole ground

Go and fuck yourself you fucking gobshite.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #297 on: November 13, 2023, 10:00:44 am »
We were excellent throughout. They had one big chance in the 1st half when they hit a rapid counter from our corner and a half chance when Trent made a bad touch/poor pass in our box and one of their lads ballooned a shot over but that was it. 2nd half their chances came after we were 3-0 up and were in 1st gear and it never looked like they were going to score

Great to see Kostas play well and he did so well to get that cross in for Mo's 2nd. Endo was solid as well, his passing is very, very good and a nice surprise. Mac's range of passing is vital in that role and Endo has a similar skillset. Hopefully his sharpness improves the more he plays because this league is so fast. Great 50/50 as well, never shy's out of a tackle which I love

Matip (and Gomez as well) have had a complete renaissance compared to last season. Long may it continue. I'd be tempted to give him a new deal and bed Quansah in more (assuming he's happy to step back a little). VVD is back to his very best, he's the best in the world again. Ali is a monster, he's a freak when it comes to 1-on-1s

Our attack is the best in the league as well. Jota quietly having an unbelievable season. Nunez showing he can become the best in the world and Mo just being Mo. 10 goals in the league now after 11 games. It's a shame that freak plays for Abu Dhabi because it takes the shine off Mo in the media. He deserves all the plaudits, all the time

I fucking love this team. What we've managed to do this summer has been nothing short of a minor miracle. No team replaces their entire midfield and goes on to be this fucking good straight away but here we are. Everything is on the table this season and we should be looking to go for it all. Bring on City after the break

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: November 13, 2023, 10:06:02 am »
Probably was a foul and we've seen them being carded, but the point he was trying to make is that it shouldn't be a red card. All the ones he listed, in his opinion should be yellows and then we get on with the game, but VAR is making them Reds by showing stills and they really shouldn't be. So he listed a number of challenges, and included Curtis Jones, that shouldn't have resulted in Reds according to the rules, but VAR interviening makes it a red.

Thats how I saw it, too. Its not that you think its a red or a foul in isolation. But only when you watch other matches, that you see similar stuff be punished. Rightly or wrongly.

So it leads to a constant sense of injustice from all parties and all times. And nobody in the game appears able to fix it. Or even willing to admit there is an issue to start the process of fixing it.

It needs to be said again, just how well Virgil is playing again. Makes many of our summer fears look rather silly
« Last Edit: November 13, 2023, 10:09:06 am by b_joseph »

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #299 on: November 13, 2023, 10:26:44 am »
Brilliant and much needed win after our mini-slump. Solid performances all over the pitch, with some brilliant performances from Virgil, Nuρez, Jota and (as always) Salah. Plus the almost obligatory one-on-one save from Allison.

The first disallowed goal was obviously frustrating - I still believe that the benefit of the doubt should be given to the attacking team with millimetre-marginal calls. I honestly didn't even think the Endo challenge was a foul, let alone a red card. Would have been completely outrageous, although not unexpected from Tierney. Game keeps getting softer and softer - getting to the stage where it might as well not even be considered a contact sport.

Besides all that, sets us up perfectly to take on City in two weeks.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: November 13, 2023, 10:28:22 am »
Excellent result against a decent side who pushed us at moments. We were very good on the break and slowly put the screw on them as Nunez two goals were written off but it was coming. Salah is Mr Cool, midfield were good although a little slow to get back at times as they had a couple of breaks where they should have done better. Anyway delighted to be sitting in second by mid November, bit under the radar really n a perfect springboard to the Christmas season.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #301 on: November 13, 2023, 10:29:12 am »
Out of interest, could people watching at home hear the chants about Tierney or did the TV company mute it?

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #302 on: November 13, 2023, 10:30:40 am »
Out of interest, could people watching at home hear the chants about Tierney or did the TV company mute it?

Came across loud and clear on my stream, but it sounded more like it was the Brentford fans to me.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #303 on: November 13, 2023, 10:34:12 am »
Came across loud and clear on my stream, but it sounded more like it was the Brentford fans to me.

The Brentford fans were singing 'Fuck off Tierney' after denying two goals and giving every decision against Liverpool?

Er.

What?! :D

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #304 on: November 13, 2023, 10:34:47 am »
The Brentford fans were singing 'Fuck off Tierney' after denying two goals and giving every decision against Liverpool?

Er.

What?! :D

Every decision?  Would love to have seen your reaction had a Brentford player gone in like Endo did on theirs and not get a card.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #305 on: November 13, 2023, 10:38:09 am »
Every decision?  Would love to have seen your reaction had a Brentford player gone in like Endo did on theirs and not get a card.

Not sure you went to the game, but even those not normally pissed off were fucking fuming.

The ground spent about 20 minutes giving Tierney fucking dogs abuse. Not the first time he's fucked us.

Funniest thing was when he FINALLY gave us a single decision, the kop were singing 'We love you Tierney'

:D

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #306 on: November 13, 2023, 10:38:54 am »
3 goals, 3 points, clean sheet, no new injuries, and up to 2nd place.

Despite the predictable overreaction to the Luton and Toulouse results from some on here, we are miles ahead of where we were last
season, by every possible metric (except maybe injuries...)

2022/23: P12 W4 D4 L4 F23 A15 GD8 Pts 16. Position 9th

2023/24: P12 W8 D3 L1 F27 A10 GD17 Pts 27. Position 2nd

So we are 11 points, 9 goals, and 7 places better off than at the same matchday last season. And this team is only just getting started. We are where we are - despite playing different combinations of players each week, having an entirely new midfield, losing many experienced heads in the summer, and having our usual bad luck with injuries. Massive kudos to Jurgen, the players, recruitment team, and the club for getting us to this position so quickly after last season's struggles.

It was a solid all round performance, and just what we needed to bounce back and go into the international break on a good note. Virgil was imperious and once again showed he still has so much to offer us in terms of ability, leadership and snuffing out danger quickly. Darwin was a menace throughout the first half, and I love his energy and tenacity and the crowd felt it too. Ali was excellent, despite a few scary moments playing out for the back - that fingertip save was vital and he does it time and again, knowing exactly where the goal is behind him, and exactly where to be when a striker is clean through.

Tsimikas was much improved, and some of his deliveries were right on the money - good to see him put in a solid performance. Mo was Mo, and is just outrageously consistent. Loved the way he just calmly nods the ball into the net whilst others stood still waving their arms. Endo was tenacious and tidy in possession, and wow - does he love to get stuck in - he is completely fearless and will only grow into the team as time goes on (although he'll still be judged by some people against peak Fabinho, or whichever player they wanted us to get in the summer instead). Loved that roar for Diaz, and I think he'll be in beast mode soon, now that his father has been returned safely.

Progress is rarely linear, and this team is gradually shaping up nicely into Jurgen's Liveprool 2.0 - all whilst other teams are dropping important points which allows us to have the occasional stumble but stay right near the top.

It's all good, plus we still have Mac, Jones, Gravenberch, Konate, Gomez, Robbo, Bajetic, and Thiago to come back in. Onwards and upwards  8)
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #307 on: November 13, 2023, 10:40:39 am »

Not sure you went to the game, but even those not normally pissed off were fucking fuming.

The ground spent about 20 minutes giving Tierney fucking dogs abuse. Not the first time he's fucked us.

I don't doubt it.  Just sounded like it had come from the Brentford fans on my stream.

Did Tierney actually screw us over in this match?  For the two offsides one was blatant and the other was marginal but looked off on the freeze frame, and he could very easily have sent Endo off if he wanted to.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #308 on: November 13, 2023, 10:47:10 am »
I don't doubt it.  Just sounded like it had come from the Brentford fans on my stream.

Did Tierney actually screw us over in this match?  For the two offsides one was blatant and the other was marginal but looked off on the freeze frame, and he could very easily have sent Endo off if he wanted to.

Every time we made a tackle, he gave a free kick against us. Every time we broke, he gave a free kick against us. Every 50/50 went Brentfords way.

The ground was going nuts.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #309 on: November 13, 2023, 10:49:14 am »
Every time we made a tackle, he gave a free kick against us. Every time we broke, he gave a free kick against us. Every 50/50 went Brentfords way.

The ground was going nuts.

Actually, just had a read of some bits from the match and the Kop were chanting it after the Matip yellow, but I don't remember that coming across on my stream.  I think it was another incident that sounded like the Brentford fans.

But to be fair I was shouting at the monitor when the Matip yellow happened so maybe missed that chanting.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #310 on: November 13, 2023, 10:52:13 am »
Actually, just had a read of some bits from the match and the Kop were chanting it after the Matip yellow, but I don't remember that coming across on my stream.  I think it was another incident that sounded like the Brentford fans.

But to be fair I was shouting at the monitor when the Matip yellow happened so maybe missed that chanting.

It went on for about 20 minutes or so.

Never heard anything like it at the match.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #311 on: November 13, 2023, 11:42:35 am »
Is every Brentford player bar Mbeumo over 6 foot 2? They all seemed fucking giants.

Offline LuverlyRita

• metar made
  • Kopite
« Reply #312 on: November 13, 2023, 11:52:08 am »
Is every Brentford player bar Mbeumo over 6 foot 2? They all seemed fucking giants.
They did look huge and it's a credit to our defence that we coped with their set pieces - especially that period of multiple corners in the second half.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #313 on: November 13, 2023, 12:49:21 pm »

Jensen is fairly small. Wissa not massive. But their three centre backs are all big grocks. And Ajer as a wing back is possibly bigger than all of them! Janelt and Norgaard are solid if not massive too.

Think that’s partly why we played Gakpo ahead of Harvey. Especially with Tsimikas playing (was Gomez ill?). Needed that bit of extra height as they are a set piece threat.

Offline William Regal

• Kopite
« Reply #314 on: November 13, 2023, 01:03:10 pm »
Mad to think we'd be sitting top of the prem if we had just managed a win at Luton or if we hadn't been cheated spurs.

Anyone else getting a bit worried about how easily teams seem to be playing through our press? Average teams like Luton, Toulouse, and Brentford seem to be able to do it regularly

Offline Hestoic

• Kopite
« Reply #315 on: November 13, 2023, 01:08:33 pm »
Mad to think we'd be sitting top of the prem if we had just managed a win at Luton or if we hadn't been cheated spurs.

Anyone else getting a bit worried about how easily teams seem to be playing through our press? Average teams like Luton, Toulouse, and Brentford seem to be able to do it regularly

No, because like you said, we should be sitting top of the league. This team will figure it out.

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: November 13, 2023, 01:21:00 pm »
He is a bit of a wanker, to be Frank about it.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #317 on: November 13, 2023, 01:37:13 pm »
that’s what fucked me off about that, he was trying to get Endo sent off. Nothing wrong with him. Both players made contact with each other, but one was honest and got on with it, the other feigned injury.   Endo was a bit lucky not to get booked today, but otherwise, a solid enough game, stepping into a game he likely wouldn't have started, he like Tsimikas are two squad players who performed their roles well for the team today and helped get the 3 points.

Matip and Virgil where very good, the goals where great, all in all a deserved win and done with a few injuries having piled up.

Challenges like that always remind me of the one Shelvey got sent off for against Ferguson's Man United. I think the United player was Jonny Evans.
Both went full blooded into it, but Evans made a meal of it and got Shelvey sent off. There was no difference to the way Evans went into that challenge than Shelvey.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #318 on: November 13, 2023, 01:37:58 pm »

You fucking nutcase

It's not even a foul

I honestly feel like most on here interpreted what he said very differently to how I did.

He simply said if Curtis, Rashford and others were reds, then Endo should have been red. He is correct in saying that, because they WEREN'T red card offenses, which he also said btw. He said there is no consistency, similar situations get different outcomes, that's what his problem is and I think it's valid.

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: November 13, 2023, 01:42:58 pm »
Challenges like that always remind me of the one Shelvey got sent off for against Ferguson's Man United. I think the United player was Jonny Evans.
Both went full blooded into it, but Evans made a meal of it and got Shelvey sent off. There was no difference to the way Evans went into that challenge than Shelvey.

There was, Evans went in high and with his studs up, Shelvey didn't. If you're going to roll around after a 50/50, just don't go in for it