Author Topic: Russell Brand accused of rape, sexual assaults and abuse  (Read 7050 times)

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Russell Brand accused of rape, sexual assaults and abuse
« on: September 16, 2023, 04:18:49 pm »
Here's the Times article:

https://archive.ph/NwmVQ
« Last Edit: September 22, 2023, 05:08:27 pm by Titi Camara »

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Russell Brand accused of rape, sexual assaults and abuse
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2023, 04:28:43 pm »
That sexual deviant looking X twat has already come out in support. You would think that they'd learn from previous stories to wait until seeing the program and hearing the accusations, but nope.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2023, 04:35:10 pm »
When I noticed the shift in Brand sometime last year, that led to his current incarnation as some "alternative" loon, I did wonder whether money was his only motivator.
Quote from: Times
...their client believes that there is a “deeply concerning agenda to all this, namely the fact that he is an alternative media broadcaster competing with mainstream media”

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2023, 05:04:58 pm »
When I noticed the shift in Brand sometime last year, that led to his current incarnation as some "alternative" loon, I did wonder whether money was his only motivator.

He'd also get a lot of support from those fringe bellends who think this an attempt to 'silence the man'.  Apparently he's extremely litigious and has shut down stories in the past, the fact that he couldn't shut down this one speaks volumes.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2023, 05:14:42 pm »
We all know the type of person you have to be and the respect you have for women when you text your wife on NY Eve moments before she is due on stage to tell her you're divorcing her.

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2023, 05:47:30 pm »
We all know the type of person you have to be and the respect you have for women when you text your wife on NY Eve moments before she is due on stage to tell her you're divorcing her.

What a piece of work. Still, Katy ended up with Orlando Bloom and all being well Russell will end up doing time and having a long hard think about his actions.

It's just another example of an online life guru being an absolute weapon in their personal lives.
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2023, 07:29:58 pm »
Jess Phillips MP
@jessphillips
Love the idea that Russell Brand is so important that anyone would have a massive conspiracy against him. Like yourself much?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2023, 07:55:46 pm »
Like CH4 give a fuck about some youtuber with an overinflated ego.

They do care about shit like this though.

Several women have made allegations against Brand as part of the investigation. Channel 4's head of news and current affairs Louisa Compton said four of the women had alleged sexual assault.

One woman alleges that Brand raped her against a wall in his Los Angeles home. She was treated at a rape crisis centre on the same day. The Times says it has seen medical records to support this

A second woman alleges that Brand assaulted her when he was in his early 30s and she was 16 and still at school. She alleges he referred to her as "the child" during an emotionally abusive and controlling relationship

A third woman claims that Brand sexually assaulted her while she worked with him in Los Angeles, and that he threatened to take legal action if she told anyone else about her allegation

The fourth woman alleged being sexually assaulted by Brand and him being physically and emotionally abusive towards her

The woman who said she was 16 at the time she met Brand told the Times she took her allegations to his literary agent Angharad Wood, the co-founder of Tavistock Wood, owned by Curtis Brown, in 2020.

Tavistock Wood told the BBC: "Russell Brand categorically and vehemently denied the allegation made in 2020, but we now believe we were horribly misled by him. Tavistock Wood has terminated all professional ties to Brand."
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-66831593

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2023, 08:25:35 pm »
Jess Phillips MP
@jessphillips
Love the idea that Russell Brand is so important that anyone would have a massive conspiracy against him. Like yourself much?
I'm not on Twitter, but if that's a real quote from Mimi then she has no self awareness whatsoever, Brand might well be a wrong un, but Jessy accusing anyone of "liking themselves" is beyond parody.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2023, 09:50:52 pm »
I'm not on Twitter, but if that's a real quote from Mimi then she has no self awareness whatsoever, Brand might well be a wrong un, but Jessy accusing anyone of "liking themselves" is beyond parody.
What's that about mate, any context? I might have missed something?

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2023, 10:22:01 pm »
Always found him to be repulsive
Jurgen YNWA

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2023, 10:25:10 pm »
What's that about mate, any context? I might have missed something?

I think he's saying that Mimi is in love with Jess Phillips.

I wonder if this will open the floodgates, they already said that there are other women & by the sounds of it girls. Or he might be innocent, who knows.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2023, 10:25:59 pm »
He'd also get a lot of support from those fringe bellends who think this an attempt to 'silence the man'.  Apparently he's extremely litigious and has shut down stories in the past, the fact that he couldn't shut down this one speaks volumes.

I remember when him and the Jonathan Ross were taken to task for the puerile gag of leaving a message on Andrew Sachs answerphone front Brand bragging about shagging Sach’s granddaughter. Brand’s fringe bellends at that time tried to deflect the blame because “Sachs was a racist because he played Manuel in Fawlty Towers”.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2023, 10:27:58 pm »
Always found him to be repulsive

Why I don't know what you mean.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2023, 10:32:29 pm »
I remember when him and the Jonathan Ross were taken to task for the puerile gag of leaving a message on Andrew Sachs answerphone front Brand bragging about shagging Sach’s granddaughter. Brand’s fringe bellends at that time tried to deflect the blame because “Sachs was a racist because he played Manuel in Fawlty Towers”.

that pathetic stunt with Ross was awful, just why would you?
that is not how real men behave.

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2023, 10:53:20 pm »
i'm sure he is a wrong'un but after watching dispatches I'm not sure about this trial by media.

alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2023, 11:20:30 pm »
i'm sure he is a wrong'un but after watching dispatches I'm not sure about this trial by media.

He could have been a part of Dispatches but he ignored them and the papers, guessing he was hoping it would go away but they contacted him again, so he made his youtube video.

I've not watched the program yet though.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2023, 11:25:22 pm »

I loathe people who use the phrase trial by media about any sort of investigation broadcast on television or in newspapers.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2023, 11:42:58 pm »
Here's the Times article:

https://archive.ph/NwmVQ
These are very serious and obviously well researched allegations… many backed by contemporaneous evidence

He has denied it, but his denials seem quite weak given the level of evidence presented.

Very very brave of these women to come forwards
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Reginald Blore

• Boys Pen
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2023, 11:43:15 pm »
His EGO must be deflated upon finding out that the BBC have had to create an article explaining who he is.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-66822781

On a more serious note, why is it so many people from my generation seem to struggle with the concept of consent.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 11:45:44 pm by Reginald Blore »

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2023, 11:50:38 pm »
'Trial by media' can be a concerning aspect of anyone's life, it's a genuine concern when coverage can seriously damage a case or a reputation.
'Trial by media' can also be expressed as a faux injustice, a matter of protecting the individual from scrutiny.

Russell Brand is a fucking gobshite, a very articulate and intellectual gobshite to boot. And who deserves a fucking boot.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2023, 12:28:02 am »
We would all be a lot worse off if it weren't for investigative journalism.  You tube need to demonetise him whilst this is going on, wouldn't be right for him to be making thousands off of it.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2023, 01:38:46 am »
Jess Phillips MP
@jessphillips

Ouch... ;D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2023, 01:58:50 am »
So who else was named? Lots of rumours floating around today.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2023, 02:09:51 am »
So who else was named? Lots of rumours floating around today.

Just him I think mate, not watched it myself though.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2023, 02:11:29 am »

Elon Musk Andrew Tate, Tucker Carlson support Russell Brand after sex assault claims

Elon Musk, Andrew Tate and Tucker Carlson led the charge in supporting Russell Brand in the wake of a bombshell exposé alleging he raped and abused four women over the course of seven years.

“Of course. They don’t like competition,” Musk wrote in response to Brand’s video suggesting he is being targeted as part of a “coordinated media attack” for his right-wing criticism of the media, which he details on his podcast “Stay Free.”

Social media influencer Tate — who is awaiting trial in Romania for rape and human trafficking charges — also threw support behind Brand on the platform.

“Welcome to the club,” Tate said to Brand, along with an image of a cartoon knight with the caption: “On my way to fight the crazy b—h allegations.”

“Matrix attack,” he wrote in another post.

Political commenter Carlson piled on, writing: “Criticize the drug companies, question the war in Ukraine, and you can be pretty sure this is going to happen.”

All three men backed Brand in response to Saturday’s explosive Times of London and Channel 4 Dispatches joint investigation into claims the 48-year-old British comedian sexually assaulted and raped women at the height of his fame.

Brand released a video the night before trying to get ahead of the report by refuting the “astonishing” and “egregious” claims he sexually abused the women over a seven-year span — including a 16-year-old girl he referred to as “the child.”

https://nypost.com/2023/09/16/elon-musk-andrew-tate-tucker-carlson-defend-russell-brand/

Not my usual source of 'news' but it was the one page that had all the bellends together.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2023, 02:44:28 am »
I never liked Brand much and none of this is especially shocking - that whole mid-to-late 2000's era, where the media were glamourising people like him, Pete Doherty, Amy Winehouse* and Lindsay Lohan, left a bad taste in the mouth at the time and it really hasn't aged well. It's amazing to me that Doherty in particular has never been publicly taken down for what was happening behind the scenes at that time.

Havig said that, I thought it was interesting that Dispatches almost seemed to take pains to avoid stating the obvious: that Brand was attractive, charismatic and famous, and that women were throwing themselves at him the more he flaunted his sexuality in public. It's easy to forget (and it was ignored in the show) but even Brand's ascent from E4 presenter to the A-list was due to him dating Kate Moss when she was at the peak of her fame and tabloid notoriety.

None of that excuses the non-consensual episodes, more stories of which will surely come into the open now, but it's undeniable that Brand's comedy was seen as fun and exciting at the time. Using it as an extra layer of condemnation within the show didn't sit right with me, nor did the implication that promiscuous but consensual sex is predatory. It was pathetic seeing some of the same people who indulged him then shaking their heads and tutting in retrospect while saying they wished they'd acted differently, apparently unaware that Brand himself was operating under the same norms. This TV exec was complaining that he kept getting 'promoted' - it was people like her doing it!

Lastly, Brand is half right when he talks about this being a mainstream media campaign. But what he doesn't realise is that it was his value to the mainstream media at the time that protected him from the consequences of his actions, which are to some extent irrefutable. Kind of hard to argue away IM and text message evidence. If he hadn't been a mainstream media and entertainment figure he may well have been in jail by now.

*It's easy to forget all these years later but Winehouse was notorious for getting wasted and attacking people in public.

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2023, 06:15:11 am »
'Trial by media' can be a concerning aspect of anyone's life, it's a genuine concern when coverage can seriously damage a case or a reputation.
'Trial by media' can also be expressed as a faux injustice, a matter of protecting the individual from scrutiny.

Russell Brand is a fucking gobshite, a very articulate and intellectual gobshite to boot. And who deserves a fucking boot.

Assume similar age to Brand, but you have to remember rape was legal if it was your wife up till the 90s (want to say 91) so no wonder attitudes where different.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2023, 08:32:47 am »
Russell Brand: Comedian appears distracted at gig but gets ovation from fans https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-66835222

Genuinely disconcerting read. I couldn’t have been in that audience, let alone carry banners of support. I’d have ripped up my tickets and forfeited the money. Even if he’s cleared of rape, the level of sexual coercion and abuse of power is enough.

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2023, 08:37:12 am »
Christ, support from Michael Barrymore...

https://twitter.com/MrBarrymore/status/1702988198383685849

"This is what they do"
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2023, 08:49:31 am »
Christ, support from Michael Barrymore...

https://twitter.com/MrBarrymore/status/1702988198383685849

"This is what they do"

Only a matter of time before a vote of confidence from Matt Le Tissier.

Online TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2023, 08:55:07 am »

Offline Bioluminescence

• Hidden Gem
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2023, 09:05:23 am »
Russell Brand: Comedian appears distracted at gig but gets ovation from fans https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-66835222

Genuinely disconcerting read. I couldn’t have been in that audience, let alone carry banners of support. I’d have ripped up my tickets and forfeited the money. Even if he’s cleared of rape, the level of sexual coercion and abuse of power is enough.

This is troubling and so disheartening. You'll often hear victims say that being dismissed or disbelieved was in some ways worse than the assault itself. I can't imagine what it's like for these women right now. The Times, The Sunday Times and Dispatches were all independently investigating allegations against Brand, some of them for years. They interviewed hundreds of people and spent hours finding evidence that corroborated these women's claims. They wouldn't have gone ahead with publication otherwise. So to have a whole audience give Brand an ovation in these circumstances, as well as seeing the big names defending him, is a kick in the teeth for the victims in question and victims everywhere. Predictable, but still tough.

Offline Fruity

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2023, 09:15:40 am »
He could have been a part of Dispatches but he ignored them and the papers, guessing he was hoping it would go away but they contacted him again, so he made his youtube video.

I've not watched the program yet though.

I guess he could but the programme clearly has an agenda and I guess you can't control the editing. And I know that these programmes and even media expose's in the past have done some really good things, but it does almost feel like you are guilty before you have even been charged with anything.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2023, 09:39:53 am »
I guess he could but the programme clearly has an agenda and I guess you can't control the editing. And I know that these programmes and even media expose's in the past have done some really good things, but it does almost feel like you are guilty before you have even been charged with anything.

On the face of it, trial by media feels wrong. But often, shows like this are the only thing to redress the power imbalance between accuser and popular accused. It also can give other women the courage to speak out.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2023, 09:49:47 am »
My take is, the programme makers have done their due diligence and based on that, they have concluded that Brand is guilty and based on that they edit the show to make him look guilty.  eg clips from his shows about mascara strategically placed in the documentary.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Fruity

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2023, 09:49:56 am »
On the face of it, trial by media feels wrong. But often, shows like this are the only thing to redress the power imbalance between accuser and popular accused. It also can give other women the courage to speak out.

agree with that

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2023, 10:15:07 am »
My take is, the programme makers have done their due diligence and based on that, they have concluded that Brand is guilty and based on that they edit the show to make him look guilty.  eg clips from his shows about mascara strategically placed in the documentary.

“Strategically placed” - it’d been an open fucking secret for years. The title was in plain sight. He’s a wrong un and let’s not join the weird mad theorists on here…

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2023, 10:17:19 am »
“Strategically placed” - it’d been an open fucking secret for years. The title was in plain sight. He’s a wrong un and let’s not join the weird mad theorists on here…

Absolutely not what I am doing, did you miss the part about Due diligence?

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2023, 10:30:23 am »
He's a bad un.

We switched it off after 10 mins. Repulsive testimonies of what he did up to that point and switched it over, what a sleaze, listened to his phone call on Twitter yesterday with Jimmy Savage yesterday, telling Savage he can have his PA and she'll turn up naked for you.

And him ringing up someone to come over just for a cuddle is creepy.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2023, 10:34:09 am by RedSince86 »
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."