Author Topic: UEFA CUP: LASK 1 v 3 Liverpool Flecker ‘13 Darwin 56’ (p) Diaz 63’ Salah 88’  (Read 12815 times)

Online MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Mellor, lovely cushioned header...For GERRAAARD!"
Szoboszlai gets better & better the more I see him.

He's going to be an absolute beast for us!

Offline kezzy

• Kopite
Job done and 3 points is all that matters.  That was one of the worst pitches I’ve ever seen so hopefully we come away from there with no injuries. On to West Ham. 

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
Was starting to breathe calmly when Diaz scored. He's one of our game changers.

And loved it when Tsimikas was faking a dive once the striker touched him from behind during a corner. Haahahhaha!!

Take that you gang of rough!!! Hahaahha.
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Bajcetic is top class, superb timing in his tackling and he reads the game really well. Plays like he's been running a midfield for years

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
Very strange penalty decision which I’m obviously delighted with. Great strike by Nunez.

I thought Bajcetic struggled at times but Joe settled into the game quickly. Tsimikas has a habit of holding onto the ball too long and I wasn’t impressed tonight.

Gravenberch had some good moments and will get better when he finds his confidence. Szoboszlai is a fantastic player.

Virgil had a good game.

Mo is Mo……..we are blessed to have such a star. He is world class.
#JFT97

Offline garumn

• Kopite
Job done, lovely to see Bajcetic get a run out. Also enjoyed Tsimikas getting a game and Doak starting. This is what these group games are about.

Offline Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Draw in the other game in the group, USG 1 Toulouse 1.

Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline kezzy

• Kopite
Bajcetic is top class, superb timing in his tackling and he reads the game really well. Plays like he's been running a midfield for years

Totally agree.   Stepped into midfield a couple of times in the second half and we automatically looked better as soon as he did. 

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
That'll do reds.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Of course we are a cut above but that's a huge game for them they're giving their all in whereas we have half the team making their first start of the season. Good to get the win.

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
Thought the starting line up was a bit fast and loose in terms of a team that hasn't played with each other! And it definitely showed, but I don't have any concerns. It was a bit disjointed and out of sync, but I was impressed with the energy, pressing and general industry shown by the lads. Bright sparks from most on show. It certainly wasn't laboured, and the perception of last year of a team with no legs constantly running through treacle was never on show here.

More time together, indeed further on into the season, and that starting lineup control it so much better. It was inevitable that we would score when we brought on more experienced heads that harnessed that energy. And sure enough, it was straightforward in the end.

Hope to see most of these lads on show again. More game time would be great, only downside was Gravenberch's injury. Hope its not serious and is more a case of cramp. Despite some sloppiness from lack of match practice, thought he showed a lot of promise - very direct, very forward and purposeful. Looks like another good signing in the making.

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan

If we do the job at Anfield in the next two group games, first place is in the bag already. The other three teams are pretty much at the same level, they'll all take points off each other.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfόnfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
That’ll do. Good to see players get some minutes in. 

The pitch was a bit of a mess wasn’t it? Cutting up like mad. Also the ref was hilariously bad at times.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
Totally agree.   Stepped into midfield a couple of times in the second half and we automatically looked better as soon as he did.

Once he’s got a few more minutes under his belt and when TAA is back, I can see him being the first choice No.6 for us for the time being.

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
Really depressing being in the UEFA cup instead of the real tournament. Did enough to win.

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
That gives us more chance to come first in the group.

Of course, it won't be strolling in the park.
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The bloke singing on the microphone/megaphone out of tune by himself for about 5 minutes was excruciating.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
That’ll do. Good to see players get some minutes in. 

The pitch was a bit of a mess wasn’t it? Cutting up like mad. Also the ref was hilariously bad at times.
Him letting Gravenberch get absolutely smashed into like the first minute no yellow or even talking to sort of set the tone didn't it

Szoboszlai gets better & better the more I see him.

He's going to be an absolute beast for us!
He and Gravenberch as 8s will do lots of damage to teams in the League

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Darwin Nϊρez so far this season:

- 4 Starts
- 3 Goals
- 4 Assists

Online Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
Bit like a tricky FA Cup tie away from home against a lively lower league side.

Bad pitch, scratchy lineup and a good atmosphere.

I do think there’s mitigation for the problems we saw in the first half - mostly the pitch.

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
it goes without saying that Mo is incredible, just a cut above, but Szoboszlai is a fantastic player.

Offline shank94

• Currently at minus 10 and falling...
  • Legacy Fan
Never in doubt we would overpower them and that is a good feeling to have
Everyone knows it's Shanks, Shank is part of my name.

Did we play the box formation in the second half? Seems like we struggle more when we play the box system.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
A penalty is awarded for a foul in the box, no stipulation on position of the ball
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
Midfield was understandably a mess first half with basically three strangers and absolutely no cohesion. Really good in game management from Klopp again to turn things around again. Big decision ahead regarding who becomes the de facto 6 going forward.

If he can stay fit I would be tempted to give Bajcetic a run at 6, seems to have grown every time I see him and has pretty much everything required to become a Klopp style 6.   
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
Really depressing being in the UEFA cup instead of the real tournament. Did enough to win.
Cheer up…  ;D

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
https://twitter.com/michael_reid11/status/1704927233779843379

All 6 of Darwin Nϊρez's assists for Liverpool have been for Mo Salah.

It's only the third time an #LFC player has had 6 consecutive assists all for the same teammate in the Premier League era, along with Collymore for Fowler (1996-1997) and Heskey for Owen (2001-2002).

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
Started off slow picked up after half time.
Excellent win away from home. Changed sided going have some struggles, good win dominate away from home.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain

I do think there’s mitigation for the problems we saw in the first half - mostly the pitch.

Agree that the pitch was a factor. The uncertain bounces made it hard to control the ball.
#JFT97

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!

Ref was a bit shit too.

I have to say, that although the Diaz one is probably a pen by the rules, I can't recall them being given for a foul after the player has shot. Well lets put it this way, Tierney isn't giving it us!

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
Did we play the box formation in the second half? Seems like we struggle more when we play the box system.

I think it is a conscious decision to start with a 3-2 build-up and then switch to a double pivot and push the right back on as the space opens up.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarαs Solo.
Ref was a bit shit too.

I have to say, that although the Diaz one is probably a pen by the rules, I can't recall them being given for a foul after the player has shot. Well lets put it this way, Tierney isn't giving it us!

Mancs got one in the league a couple of years or so back and everyone fell over themselves to explain why it should be given. Can't think of any others. It's definitely one of those "anywhere else on the pitch" things.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
like the look of gravenberch. Think he might do alright. Mo gave a great cameo. Watching him play like that I would say he has a few good years left in him. szoboszial is pretty commanding. Also Bajcetic 10 minutes at the start of the 2nd half was pretty special.
alf a pound of braeburns!

Online Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
Incredible achievement when you look back at our previous managers like Bill Shankly, Bob Paisley, Joe Fagan, Rafa, Gιrad Houlier...
Bob and Shanks would have easily have achieved that record had they played the same number of fixtures they do now but still an amazing achievement by the boss
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Ref was a bit shit too.

They’ve been given against us. Probably by Tierney, or one of his mates.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
 ;D

https://twitter.com/HenryJackson87/status/1704924400120721499

Salah’s come on and looks like a Year 11 gatecrashing a Year 7 game at lunchtime.

Different level.

Online Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Mancs got one in the league a couple of years or so back and everyone fell over themselves to explain why it should be given. Can't think of any others. It's definitely one of those "anywhere else on the pitch" things.

I’ve never got why pens aren’t given for it. It doesn’t matter if the player gets a shot away, if he gets clattered after he’s shot, it’s still a foul in the same way a player is clattered outside the box after playing a pass. Never understood this ‘but he got his shot off’ talk. I’ve been conditioned to accept it so much though that at first I said never a pen ;D

Good win that. First half pretty much how I expected, a smattering of regulars, back ups, players returning from fitness and players close to each other that had never played together before. Never in doubt we’d click eventually and overpower them.

Bajcetic is a lovely little player and I can’t wait to see Gravenberch in full flow. Nϊρez an absolute pain in the arse as always and showing his all round game is more than up to the task. Mo just obviously levels above this competition when he came on.

And my man, Dom. He’s just gonna be one of the best in the world in a year or two, he’s just unbelievable. Sometimes you can just tell when someone is a player, Rolls Royce.

Oh and that ref can do one too.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline richmiller1

• No! We will not let you go, let him go!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
This competition may well be the making of the next 3/4 years. No way are Kelleher, Doak and Bajcetic starting together if that is a Champions League match. It just provides a vital development opportunity. Right competition at the right time given the squad makeup