Author Topic: UEFA CUP: LASK 1 v 3 Liverpool Flecker ‘13 Darwin 56’ (p) Diaz 63’ Salah 88’  (Read 12818 times)

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
 :scarf :scarf :scarf

Offline Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
Much better second half after the subs. Hope Gravenberch is okay as he showed some promising signs. That was never a penalty btw, still - rare we get anything from refs so you'll take it.

Offline Jean Girard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
Loads to be positive about there. Poor first half but once we click we click.

Nunez, Harvey, Kev were especially good. Loads of good cameos. Good run out for the heads that needed games. Gravenberch looks good.

Pity we're only doing it for 45 minutes at the moment. But it'll come and eventually we'll get a decent ref
And now, the matador shall dance with the blind shoemaker!

Offline Oldmanmick

• Legacy Fan
Turned out to be a fairly routine win. Win the next 3 & our main players can sit it out for the final 2 games.

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
Turned it around with a minimum of fuss. Lots of positives in the second half, despite the level of the opposition. Gravenberch really growing into the game and showing his quality, Bajcetic shaking off the rust, Tsimikas with a big improvement after a pretty shocking first half, Elliott running his socks off. Endo still a bit off the pace, but he'll have other chances to show that he can adapt.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
Was never a penalty but meh

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • La la la la la
Haha Mo and Dom were filthy, that was just lovely to watch from the pair of them. Weird first half but the second was just as I expected to happen. Pity that Ryan has clearly felt something but hopefully it's just a bit of cramp and the lack of game time creeping up on him. That assist for Luis was tasty though.

Well, the craziness of the Europa League is back. Thank fuck we're at home next, at least we won't be playing on a ploughed field.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
All good. Rest and recover and on to Sunday.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
Better second half. Not a pen but think we deserved it on the whole. They scored a worldie but ran out of steam a bit second half.

I liked what I saw from Gravenberch. Hope he's okay

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
My take from the game was Bajcetic can do it all.

Dom is going to be the best midfielder in the prem.

Completely agree. At the start of the second half Endo lost the ball a couple of times up the pitch and Bajectic was there in the No. 6 position and cleared it up.

Szoboszlai is already an amazing player and he’s just going to get better.

Offline jsl2000

• Main Stander
That's gotta be the harshest penalty decision i've ever seen.  Good overall though.  I made the mistake of going in the halftime thread, i won't be doing that again.

Offline Snusmumriken

• Kopite
  • Don't believe everything you think
Nice, no injuries and 3 points. Just hope Nunez and Diaz playing the whole match doesn’t mean we won’t see either of them starting on Sunday, Gakpo and Jota together just feels a bit ”slow” sometimes.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
Good result in the end, not good enough first half but improved nicely.

Not quite sure how that penalty call is dubious, it's been a blatant foul flying into a player after he's passed or shot in the box, no amount of shitty refereeing calls will convince me otherwise

Hope Gravenberch is okay, played well.

More goal involvements for Nunez ;D he just always makes things happen

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jόrgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
I feel the media and opposition fans are so convinced that Nunez is a dud that they don't realise what a dangerous and important player he is. Not that i care, long may they continue to underestimate him, but once again the analysis is grudging in it's respect for a goal and an assist and an all-round dangerous game.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Happy to Bajcetic back.  I never worry when he has the ball, total confidence when he has it
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Nunez is excellent.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Good second half. Let’s try and do that for the first half of games and we’ll be great  ;D

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97

Not quite sure how that penalty call is dubious, it's been a blatant foul flying into a player after he's passed or shot in the box, no amount of shitty refereeing calls will convince me otherwise

Because the ball was just about out of play when Diaz went down. There’s no way that is given as a pen in the PL, VAR would 100% overrule it. Would be furious if that was given against us.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Good result, good game to blow that rust away.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
Good stuff in the end, and that's arguably our hardest game in the group out the way (especially taking into account the pitch).
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
Good result that, you want the get the group won and put to bed with a game or two to spare. The fact we could make 11 changes as well tonight, albeit with several starters rested for the last game.

Some of the first half performances were disappointing because you want people to stake their claim better, we seem to get stuck into a malaise in the first half of most away games though which needs putting to bed.

It's not easy going to these places though when they raise their game and the pitch is awful.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Jean Girard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
I feel the media and opposition fans are so convinced that Nunez is a dud that they don't realise what a dangerous and important player he is. Not that i care, long may they continue to underestimate him, but once again the analysis is grudging in it's respect for a goal and an assist and an all-round dangerous game.

100% - he's a starter for me now. Improved enormously, looks great
And now, the matador shall dance with the blind shoemaker!

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
Routine win in the end. I didn't think it was a penalty though.

Salah. What can you say?
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jόrgen.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Looked far better when we switched to a more normal 4-3-3 :D

Subs were great. Gravenberch with a promising debut, hopefully he’s okay. Endo was a bit brutal but he looks like he’ll need a bit of time.

Terrible call for the penalty by the way.

Offline Armchair expert

• Almost makes you agree with Gove
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meet the new boss.....same as the old boss
Thought it was a pen myself and I’d be pissed if it hadn’t been given
Seen Endo getting a load of grief on Twitter feel sorry for the lad just arrived to a new country , new teammates and hasn’t played a full game yet people are already calling him a dud.
He plays for a very good Japan side and Klopp signed him so that’s good enough for me

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
Nunez was great tonight, agreed. Stood up to the attempts to bully him by a very aggressive and front foot LASK centre half partnership.

Salah just showed another level when he came on.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Happy days, win all of our home games and we're good, so I'd play even more of the younglings in our aways.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
Because the ball was just about out of play when Diaz went down. There’s no way that is given as a pen in the PL, VAR would 100% overrule it. Would be furious if that was given against us.

I'll have to watch it again but still dont think you can fly into players after the balls gone, if you can why not just put a defender on the oppositions best player and tell them to go in late any time he shoots

I'd be calling our players choices stupid if he clattered an opponent in the box without getting near the ball

Offline SinceSixtyFive

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We are Liverpool. Resistance is futile.

Total rubbish that.

We've only done 11 under Jurgen according to that map.

The three pins top left aren't even in Europe!

Brilliant achievement in all seriousness. What a manager we have.

Offline Oldmanmick

• Legacy Fan
This team/squad is only going to get better as the season progresses.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jόrgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
100% - he's a starter for me now. Improved enormously, looks great
Agree, he is totally different to any other forward at the club and stretches defences all day long.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan

Incredible achievement when you look back at our previous managers like Bill Shankly, Bob Paisley, Joe Fagan, Rafa, Gιrad Houlier...

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
It's really interesting to see this team as it transitions. We've got new lads integrating and some very exciting youngsters. Even though they might labour early doors against many teams, they've got enough quality to hold the line and do a lot of damage. Then later in the game we can bring on big guns and old hands and really ravage a tiring side.

It's almost mean. :D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Thought Mac was excellent too.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline mobydick

• Comes in any flavour
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thatcherite refugee
Routine win in the end. I didn't think it was a penalty though.

I thought that at first but it’s a foul on any other part of the outfield, so Pelanty

Online Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
Much improved second half - a couple of players grew into that. Bajcetic improved and looked especially good when playing a bit further forward, and the attackers were more involved. You could see the difference in class when the subs came on though - Salah, Szoboszlai and Macca all far too good for this level. Nunez could have buried one or two more of his chances but he's always involved and he played his part in the second and third goals after scoring the first - not sure you can ask all that much more when service was pretty poor most of the game. Shame he and Diaz played all 90 minutes, suggests they'll be back on the bench at the weekend when I think they should really be the players starting alongside Salah in our first choice 11.

Gravenberch with a really interesting debut - was simultaneously pretty lax with his passing at times (completed less than 70% of his passes :o ) but created loads of chances, great assist for the second and drew so many fouls in the middle of the pitch. If he settles a little more and acclimatises to our game he could be really great in there - hope he's not injured.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
Candy from a Baby.

Mo was just ridiculous when he came on  :D

My favourite part of the whole game was Stefan's tackle in midfield though!  a Majestic 6 he's gonna be. First game in many months "oh, play an inverted rb. Just, be trent"  "ok boss."  Obviously rusty but did alright but then that little reminder of what he really is. Sweet. 

11 changes. 2 injury and 1 suspension comebacks. A debut,  a 17 year old. an 18 year old. a 19 year old.  All with some minutes in the legs in an away win in Europe. Excellent.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I thought that at first but it’s a foul on any other part of the outfield, so Pelanty

Yeah he got him after the shot so it was a pen.

Fuck me, they've only gone and put the dickhead Warnock back on LFCtv, he should be nowhere near us after the shit he's been spouting over the other channels.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Bet their farmers are happy that’s over, they can now finish planting their cabbages.