Author Topic: MATCH PREVIEW: Liverpool v West Ham United, Anfield 24th September KO 2pm  (Read 9029 times)

Offline King Kenny 7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: MATCH PREVIEW: Liverpool v West Ham United, Anfield 24th September KO 2pm
« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2023, 12:04:13 pm »
Nunez at one end Antonio at the other . . . cant see this as a 0-0.

Could be a real interesting game with them coming at us hard. Dont think it will finish with 11 players on either side and the ref will wanna be the real star of the show.

Online the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2023, 12:35:54 pm »
half time thread wankers will never learn ;D

but to be honest rather not be chasing the game so early on. there is only so many times we can pull the rabbit out of the hat.

2-0 at half time and early third goal would be utopia. get the subs in and keeps our legs fresh. might even end up 3-1 or nervy 3-2 as long as we get the 3 points.

not sure the hammers have the fighting spirit but the inbred c*nts in black will give them every chance in the game.

They're gunna be out in full force again tomorrow- wetting the bed at half-time, incl those from the transfer thread. Happens every matchday, so for your own sanity- steer clear, people.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2023, 12:37:52 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2023, 02:09:35 pm »
Thanks for the OP Ashley :)

You forget how many players have played for both clubs, and how varied their successes were. In particular,  Benayoun's goals against Real Madrid and Fulham stand out. Didn't he also score a hat trick for us in every competition?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2023, 02:18:38 pm »
Which corrupt bastards have we got from PGMOL tomorrow?

We must be due a Manc.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Online BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2023, 02:53:37 pm »
Which corrupt bastards have we got from PGMOL tomorrow?

We must be due a Manc.

Kavanagh, with Coote on VAR.

Offline sheepfest

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2023, 03:15:09 pm »
Tag team VAR as swear if it's not Tierney it's Coote.

Offline ItzdoctorZ

• Main Stander
« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2023, 04:04:46 pm »
Don't concede first again please

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2023, 05:47:01 pm »
I thought we were due one of the 5 Mancs.

And we get a double bill.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2023, 07:33:27 pm »
Excellent OP Ashely

Excited for this one. I hope Nunez starts

Offline neil4ad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2023, 07:45:05 pm »
Any word on TAA? (and though I don't suppose that he'll be anywhere near the bench tomorrow, was Thiago training this week?)
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are. In my time at Anfield we always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside, Liverpool and Liverpool reserves." -Bill Shankly

Offline Stranraer

• Boys Pen
« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2023, 10:23:49 pm »
Thought I'd bite the bullet and post for once, rather than just read everyone else's thoughts.
Firstly, ta for the OP, always enjoy the pre-match thread.
I'm not getting on anyone's back here, the new signings are settling in insanely well, but considering our options I'm a bit surprised at how many here are happy to pick Mac Al to start in midfield just now.
He's clearly got quality and it's early, early days but I've seen all the games this season and he seems off the pace and gets caught in possession too often to be a starter for me.
Nothing that won't get fixed but a now fit Bajcetic, Endo, Jones or Elliot all look better options for me just now. And how good is Gravenberch's first touch and turn, by the way ?
I've got me tin hat on, so ready for a brutal comeback or two, but genuinely keen to understand what I'm mssing when I say I'd hold Mac Al back until he's showing us his best, which I'm pretty sure won't be long.

Offline shank94

• Currently at minus 10 and falling...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: September 24, 2023, 01:48:59 am »
I'll bite your bullet. I think it's just about fair to call out Mac in a very specific way, but I do think he is still very much in the Brighton mode where the moment you take a touch, you have 2-3 options close to you ahead of you to release quickly. He would have done extremely well in our previous Firmino system. There is certainly a proven PL player there and of all people, Klopp will bring it out as he adapts to our system. I do not see how benching him will lead us to that anytime soon. He is experienced enough to translate and adapt competitively rather than learn on the sidelines. Does not help with him playing 6 consistently when his best position is the link. So, I don't think we should really be pointing any fingers at him yet.

That being said, really looking forward to this game and have all faith in the lads today.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2023, 01:58:54 am by shank94 »
Everyone knows it's Shanks, Shank is part of my name.

Online Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2023, 05:14:06 am »
We are at home and better than them. Just hoping we start Darwin and Diaz with Mo. Expect nothing other than 3 points, especially with how ManC pummeled them. Defensively they seem soft. Up the Reds!

Offline n00bert

• Legacy Fan
  • Born a Red, die a Red. 4-2-3-1 Ultra. DM sceptic.
« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2023, 05:48:10 am »
IMO this game will depend entirely on how West Ham choose to set up. I don’t think they’ll come and try and do a Villa by pressing high / not pressing effectively so maybe a 4-5-1 with the hope of getting Paqueta on it between the lines and just going very direct with Antonio. Bowen on their right is of course another danger man and so wouldn’t be surprised at all if they just go extremely vertical and into the channels.

IMO key for us is pressing Ward-Prowse and Soucek. For this reason I’d actually start Gakpo as I’d task him with not letting Ward-Prowse get his head up and play anything easy.

Fully expect Darwin/Diaz/Salah front 3 with a midfield of Macca/Dom/Jones and a backline of Trent/Ibou/Virgil/Robbo though.

Offline Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2023, 09:04:39 am »
Start Nunez please.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2023, 09:11:17 am »
Another hard game ahead. Our season opening schedule is pretty difficult, with lot of solid teams. It’s a minor miracle we’re keeping pace with City who have had the easiest concievable schedule.

It would be amazing to keep the run going here. They won’t be easy to break down, but as long as we don’t start by giving them a goal - we should be ok. Keep it tight at the start please, settle into the game and build on it. No need to rush.

Offline F-T-9

• Anny Roader
« Reply #56 on: September 24, 2023, 09:53:09 am »
Could be wrong but I don't think Diaz/Nunez will start, they both started on Thursday and Gakpo/Jota didn't even come on in that game. I definitely prefer Diaz/Nunez at this stage but I think Klopp left Jota/Gakpo on the bench specifically to start this game.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #57 on: September 24, 2023, 10:24:59 am »
Great OP Ashley - thanks for taking the time to put that together.

I had completely forgotten Masch and Yossi came to us from West Ham (and had completely forgotten Konchesky and Cole altogether...).

We're quietly gathering momentum with Jurgen's Liverpool 2.0, and hopefully we keep that going today - especially with City still getting results when not at their best. Would be good to keep a clean sheet, and we'll have plenty of rotation options to keep players fresh. It makes such a difference when Jurgen can pick the team he wants to, instead of one where his selection is forced through injuries.

So many players to choose from, and after Thursday night he may well rest Nunez and Diaz who played the full 90. Mo will no doubt start, and we'll be hopefully back to our first choice defence. Many will want us to go with our strongest side, but I think we need to use the squad wisely early on, so that we keep everyone fit and firing for the whole season.

Ali, Trent, Virgil, Konate, Robbo, Mac, Jones, Szob, Gakpo, Jota, Mo. Swap Gomez for Trent if he's still not ready, and Nunez/Diaz off the bench if needed.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline Wingman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: September 24, 2023, 10:38:14 am »
Could be wrong but I don't think Diaz/Nunez will start, they both started on Thursday and Gakpo/Jota didn't even come on in that game. I definitely prefer Diaz/Nunez at this stage but I think Klopp left Jota/Gakpo on the bench specifically to start this game.

Well, I think you’re right, Klopp will go Salah-Gakpo-Jota. I think we’ll see Doak-Nunez-Diaz again v Leicester

Online red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: September 24, 2023, 10:40:06 am »
Bowen seems unlikely to play (unless things change today). Big bonus for us, he's in good form, their best player by a mile.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2023, 10:44:17 am by red1977 »

Offline Syntexity

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: September 24, 2023, 11:00:12 am »
Tough match this. Moyes with his yard dog tactics and, through none of his own fault, sprinkled with some very talented players among his yard dogs. His tactics seems to need Antonio up top to create havoc, which to be fair he does a lot of, so we need Antonio to be off. Bowen is a quality player and their biggest goal threat. The corrupt gambling addict (why is he not banned yet?) is also a really classy player on the ball, hopefully he has bet money on us to win tomorrow and will play like he wants to win the bet this game.

Alot of positives so far this season, especially given its such early days for these lads together. Exciting times coming. Really exciting now as well. Hopefully we can do to West Ham what we did to Villa and get a good performance and win.

Come on Liverpool!!! YNWA

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #61 on: September 24, 2023, 11:02:38 am »
Tough match this. Moyes with his yard dog tactics and, through none of his own fault, sprinkled with some very talented players among his yard dogs. His tactics seems to need Antonio up top to create havoc, which to be fair he does a lot of, so we need Antonio to be off. Bowen is a quality player and their biggest goal threat. The corrupt gambling addict (why is he not banned yet?) is also a really classy player on the ball, hopefully he has bet money on us to win tomorrow and will play like he wants to win the bet this game.

Alot of positives so far this season, especially given its such early days for these lads together. Exciting times coming. Really exciting now as well. Hopefully we can do to West Ham what we did to Villa and get a good performance and win.

Come on Liverpool!!! YNWA

Problem with Moyes teams is it's just a barrage of set pieces and now he's got Ward Prowse to make them more of a threat from them. Kudus and Alvarez also completes a midfield rebuild.

All the goals we've conceded against his teams and I bet 90% of them are corners or free kicks.

Bowen does give them that bit extra but hopefully he's out (it's Liverpool so Moyes will pick him if he can) and Antonio always saves his best game for us.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: September 24, 2023, 12:12:30 pm »
What's the word on Trent. Back for this one?

Offline Bioluminescence

• Hidden Gem
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: September 24, 2023, 12:16:17 pm »
Great OP, Ashley, thank you. A proper trip down memory lane - I used to love Yossi in particular.

I expect this to be a tough match.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: September 24, 2023, 12:36:31 pm »
Wanna see Nunez start and for us not to go 1-0 down. Cheers.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: September 24, 2023, 12:44:23 pm »
I think this'll be a difficult game, unlike most teams they won't be gassed after an hour and they'll happily sit back and defend for long periods. Going a goal down early again would leave us with a big task.

I know Gakpo was rested in midweek but if he starts I can see him vanishing for most of the game amongst their midfield, I'd start Nunez again. I'm not sure who we play at 6, perhaps Jones so he can stand up to Antonio when pressed, while freeing up MacAllister to play further forward.

Hopefully with them not being used to playing twice a week they won't quite have their normal energy levels.

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: September 24, 2023, 12:44:45 pm »
Wanna see Nunez start and for us not to go 1-0 down. Cheers.

Same but him playing full 90 on Thursday makes me think Gakpo or Jota start this one.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: September 24, 2023, 12:46:08 pm »
This will be a tough game. Think Gakpo will start but if he does then I think it will be him, Diaz and Salah.

Matip will come back in my opinion and then its all about whether Trent or Gomez starts.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: September 24, 2023, 12:48:04 pm »
Keep grinding out results is all that matters at the moment, every match we are going to get stronger and more cohesive.

Come on Redmen  :scarf

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: September 24, 2023, 12:53:43 pm »
We'll give them an early headstart, half time thread full of the usual expletives, then fire back in the 2nd and win.
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: September 24, 2023, 12:54:18 pm »
west ham played thursday too I think, will always fancy our squad to fare better than the other europa squads with thursday to sunday rotataion so hopefully we have a few more like this

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: September 24, 2023, 12:58:12 pm »
Apparently Nunez starts, get in.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: September 24, 2023, 12:58:22 pm »
Apparently Nunez starts, get in.

VAMOS!!!

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: September 24, 2023, 12:58:31 pm »
west ham played thursday too I think, will always fancy our squad to fare better than the other europa squads with thursday to sunday rotataion so hopefully we have a few more like this

Think they rested the vast majority of their usual starting 11 and they of course did the conference league last season. Probably used to this more than the other sides outside the top clubs.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #74 on: September 24, 2023, 12:59:30 pm »
Bowen has traveled? Take it he’s fit enough

Offline The Final Third

• Brought to you from 15 minutes in the future :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: September 24, 2023, 01:00:18 pm »

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: September 24, 2023, 01:01:20 pm »
Great team and strong bench, still got Trent, Baj and Thiago to come back too.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #77 on: September 24, 2023, 01:01:39 pm »
Good team!

Konate not fit to start?

Offline tray fenny

• virtue signaling keyboard warrior
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: September 24, 2023, 01:02:45 pm »
Bench starting to look pretty elite
'Germany are a very difficult team to play, they had 11 internationals out there today.' - Steve Lomas

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: September 24, 2023, 01:02:56 pm »
Good team!

Konate not fit to start?

He played on Thursday and we dont really want to be playing him twice a weak following a muscle injury.