Poll

How would you describe your attitude to this season just started

Fantastic! Can't wait! More amazing football in the best league in the world
Pretty excited. Obviously a few problems, but the Premier League is great
Not that excited. Quite a few problems with FFP and PGMOL and other issues
Not excited at all. A bit annoyed with the cheating and all the rest of the shit
Probably the least arsed I've ever been

Author Topic: How excited are you this season in comparison to previous seasons?  (Read 4013 times)

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: How excited are you this season in comparison to previous seasons?
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2023, 10:02:58 pm »
outside from city the rest are examples of how not to run your club. There was a Chelsea fan on TAW and he was complimenting how they have gone back to basics and built from the bottom again. This is after a £700m spend. Yes they are skewing the market but we have shown you can beat them. Yes its harder but it can be done.
Outside from city?
So continuously breaking every rule in the game whilst creating your own sponsors to funnel the owners state funds into the club is how to run a club?

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2023, 10:07:13 pm »
Football very seldom excites me nowadays, too much money, corruption, cheating (on and off the field), I can genuinely take it or leave it.

As others have said, once Jurgen leaves I'll probably just turn it in for good.

Offline arfy05

• Legacy Fan
  • Conspiracy Theorist
    • The arfy blog
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2023, 10:18:19 pm »
Outside from city?
So continuously breaking every rule in the game whilst creating your own sponsors to funnel the owners state funds into the club is how to run a club?
I was speaking from a pure sporting pov and didn’t word it the best, of course there shite is disgraceful and cost us 3 league titles. The rest of them I was saying even with the competitive advantage have been shite

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2023, 10:26:18 pm »
I'm excited about watching Liverpool but have no interest in the rest. 

Yeah same. Im always excited about watching us and can't see that changing any time soon. When Klopp leaves, the club will carry on and I'll still be excited to watch us play. But everything else I'm far less interested in this season, watching the likes of Man City, Newcastle and Chelsea get away with everything, Saudi's taking over and just the whole circus around the game with the PL, UEFA and FIFA running it, it's not much fun nowadays.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2023, 10:26:50 pm »
Always excited to watch us play, but the farce that EPL has become has taken the shine right off.

Like many others, the less predictable lower and non leagues seem more exciting to watch now.
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2023, 10:42:48 pm »
You’d think some of the journo’s and pundits would be getting a bit bored watching City sweep up everything, getting to May with the only excitement being whether they can achieve a double, treble or quadruple. Again. I guess you’ve got to keep pretending and maintain the enthusiasm levels for the self-styled ‘best league in the World’.

I’ll watch us and feel reasonably invested, beyond that I don’t really care. I’m sure there’ll be the usual mad games, great goals and hilarious, comedic set backs for rivals which just about maintains my interest for anything outside us.

Online TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2023, 11:23:56 pm »
You’d think some of the journo’s and pundits would be getting a bit bored watching City

Yet every season the media fawn over city like it’s their first title instead of being the latest stroll in the park.  When was the last time the likes of sky refer to the charges city face? Is that even a thing anymore.  Probably booted into the long grass until everyone forgets.

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2023, 11:39:30 pm »
Not even slightly interested. I want us to win as much as ever but cant watch anymore. It's not football. Apart from the cheats, who make my blood boil to the point where I dont have the vocabulary to explain my hate, the most important aspect of a match today is which ref will be appointed and how much he will fuck us over. That is not right. It is not a sport.

Every weekend I watch The Big Match revisited and 5 minutes of any game on there is much more relevant to the game of football to me. The other day I watched a random match, Sunderland at Charlton from Christmas 1977 and it was brilliant. I got into football in the mid 70s and I am so glad that was the case.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2023, 12:48:35 am »
I think we'll be fun to watch this season. But I tend to only watch us as a means of getting out of the house rather than having any general excitement. I hardly ever watch other Premier League games when we're not involved, and I'm more inclined to watch horse racing than football these days. Ultimately, as Fromola said, the PL is a shit product, it really is. Bent/incompetent refs, biased and idiotic pundits and other media, rat boy and Carragher on comms, and corrupt as fuck teams for whom the rules seemingly don't apply, all kill the league as anything other than a means for twats to do 'banter.'

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2023, 01:26:18 am »
Very little interest now. Got rid of my sky subscription at the end of last season and have little interest in getting it back

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2023, 05:51:05 am »
I just sat down to watch the 3 minute highlight packages from each of the opening Saturday games. That's been my weekly routine for the last few years, along with watching 10 minute highlights of our games from the LFC and sometimes full replays & analysis for the 7-0s and so forth. Today I found myself checking my phone and just wanting the clips to end. I won't watch the Burnley-City one. Even a first glimpse of Luton didn't interest me. It's a waste of time, the league is predetermined. I'll probably only watch ours from now on. And Everton/either Manc losses.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2023, 05:56:56 am »
Isn't it also just the result of getting older and having other things in life that take up the time and energy football once did?

The ending to the 2021/22 season, if it'd happened a decade earlier I'd have been devastated for weeks, and let it ruin my mood all through the break between the seasons. But what actually happened was me being sad for a couple days after the CL final and then just moving on

I honestly didn't even realize Friday night was the opening game of the season. That was unthinkable a few years ago. I've also stopped posting/reading on other sites and forums and RAWK is basically it.

And if it was as expensive to watch live games here as it is over there, I probably would've stopped paying too
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2023, 06:08:37 am »
Isn't it also just the result of getting older and having other things in life that take up the time and energy football once did?

Of course. The most excited I've ever been about football was when I was young and single and living in Paris, heading down to the Rush Bar to watch and down pints with mates, hardly rocket surgery to figure out the appeal. Nowadays I'm on the other side of the world with a young family and most games finishing between 2am and 4am, so there's a huge physical and mental health incentive to disengage. But it's definitely more than that. The Qatar world cup, the state owned clubs, Henderson... I actually felt depressed reading that Liverpool had agreed a 111m pound Caicedo fee. It's all sick and feels wrong to give it my attention.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2023, 06:30:17 am »
I think we’ll do really well this season but not excited by it at all.
I’ve hated the vulgarity of it for years but stuck at it so long with the desperate wait for the title. Think winning that honestly felt a bit deflating for me as I knew my life long addiction to football was over. The shit in Paris was definitely the nail in the coffin.
I actually miss watching and hating rival teams. Now I don’t give a shit about any of them. I barely have a clue who plays for them. I used to know United, Arsenal - even Mourinhos Chelsea inside out. I hated them because they were so good. I was jealous of them and begrudgingly respected them. Now with City I’m completely ambivalent about them, it’s a made up sham. They disappoint me. Their treble means nothing compared to Uniteds.
Realised as I was getting involved this week, that I’ve actually never seen Caicedo play. Never heard of any of or seen any our signings to be honest. In the last 5 years I’ve only seen city play maybe twice when we aren’t playing them to see if they drop points.

I don’t think it’s age. I’m 40, hardly ancient. I just think football tipped over way past being a game in the last 10 years. There was money in the early 2000’s but there was still a foot in the pre-prem era. I would love to love it again, I got really into the Wrexham story last year. And enjoying the Women’s World Cup. Went to see some non league local football and enjoyed it. But all I really wanted was to just stand in the old Kop again.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2023, 06:31:54 am by meady1981 »

Offline DowntheLine1981

• Ignorant of the Dhamma
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vi Veri Universum Vivus Vici
    • Work's MySpace page....
« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2023, 06:53:34 am »
I think we'll be okay IF we sign another defender.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
~Aristotle

"The trouble with having an open mind is that people will come along and try to put things in it."
~Terry Pratchett

“If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
~Friedrich Nietzsche

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2023, 07:03:48 am »
I just sat down to watch the 3 minute highlight packages from each of the opening Saturday games. That's been my weekly routine for the last few years, along with watching 10 minute highlights of our games from the LFC and sometimes full replays & analysis for the 7-0s and so forth. Today I found myself checking my phone and just wanting the clips to end. I won't watch the Burnley-City one. Even a first glimpse of Luton didn't interest me. It's a waste of time, the league is predetermined. I'll probably only watch ours from now on. And Everton/either Manc losses.

I absolutely hate the Premier League. Can't remember the last time I watched MOTD. I won't watch Man City, Chelsea, Man United, Newcastle (post-takeover and with Howe's cheating), Arsenal (with Arteta) and might watch bits of the rest if it's on. I'll generally just watch our games but it's not enjoyable since VAR came in as you can't even celebrate goals anymore which was what it was all about ultimately. The most stressful part of the match is the 2 minutes after you score as you wait to see if VAR can find a way to rule it out.

I still enjoy following/watching some other leagues. The Premier League has been utterly destroyed by money and corruption.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
« Reply #56 on: August 13, 2023, 07:36:30 am »
I signed off after the CL loss in Paris. That team deserved more than one European cup and one league title and were robbed by blatant cheating, which has somehow got worse since with Newcastle and Chelsea. Still observe from a distance but just don’t live it anymore.

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: August 13, 2023, 07:56:40 am »
I keep going from quite excited to not at all.

Looking forward to seeing if Klopp can build a second team good enough to challenge. I think he can but welll he hamstrung by shit officiating and bad luck once more.

Watched a few game across the leagues so far this season, enjoyed the Championship games more than the PL ones, mainly due to VAR. Seemed more like football again.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: August 13, 2023, 07:58:29 am »
This recent saga has shown me that as far as LFC are concerned, I'm still emotionally invested.

I just don't care about the rest. Could've watched any of the games yesterday or Friday, and only watched half an hour of Everton to hear the boos (it was worth it!). I just don't give a shite about football at the moment - the whole thing feels meaningless.

I can take the money getting ridiculous as a general thing (it's vulgar, but inevitable), but what I can't take is that everywhere you look, it's just one set of cheats after another. What's the point?

Will continue to watch LFC on dodgy streams or listen to the games, but I'm signing off my subscription at the end of the year. Won't miss it. Football as I've known it since the late 80s has died on its arse.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2023, 08:01:50 am by decosabute »

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: August 13, 2023, 07:59:32 am »
What I am looking forward to is no more Martin Tyler commentaries on our games on Sky Sports. I’m enthused about Peter Drury.
Outside of that though I’m also with the general theme on Football, it’s getting a bit shite with all the things mentioned… Man City able to compete despite having 115 charges against them, Newcastle sports washing, Chelsea… well being able to sign anyone and everyone at will and with no consequence… it’s all a little bit meh.

Hopefully my outlook changes after we smash Chelsea 8 - 0 or something

Offline Vote For Pedro

• "Kay-bye!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: August 13, 2023, 08:01:49 am »
What I am looking forward to is no more Martin Tyler commentaries on our games on Sky Sports. I’m enthused about Peter Drury.
Outside of that though I’m also with the general theme on Football, it’s getting a bit shite with all the things mentioned…
When Peter Drury's your highlight, the gig is fucked  ;)

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: August 13, 2023, 08:24:23 am »
You’d think some of the journo’s and pundits would be getting a bit bored watching City sweep up everything, getting to May with the only excitement being whether they can achieve a double, treble or quadruple. Again. I guess you’ve got to keep pretending and maintain the enthusiasm levels for the self-styled ‘best league in the World’.

I’ll watch us and feel reasonably invested, beyond that I don’t really care. I’m sure there’ll be the usual mad games, great goals and hilarious, comedic set backs for rivals which just about maintains my interest for anything outside us.

This is one of the biggest factors in me feeling like it's all pointless. The media at large simply don't even want to highlight the cheating. I guess they feel they need to keep talking the product up, otherwise people might actually all realise its shite now and the industry that keeps these media companies in business will collapse.

In a small-scale example of that, I've completely stopped listening to Second Captains (for those who aren't familiar, an Irish sports podcast service), as I was frequently disappointed by their continual unwillingness to deal with the sporting effects of financial doping. They bill themselves as "independent journalism", but aside from occasionally getting a braver journalist like Miguel Delaney on as a guest, they just continue talking about City or Chelsea as though it's all 100% legit.

I just can't abide this shite, because when it's like this all across the board, it just legitimises and institutionalises the cheating. 95% of the football media are basically just sticking their fingers in their ears and continuing to talk up the product, even as this helps the product get worse and worse with every passing year. It's cowardly.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2023, 08:28:11 am by decosabute »

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: August 13, 2023, 08:27:52 am »
When Peter Drury's your highlight, the gig is fucked  ;)

;D Can’t argue with that!

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: August 13, 2023, 09:18:24 am »
I only know a couple of scores because they came up on my phone, not looked, not interested. Not watched MOTD this morning even though been up since 6:45. If the weather is nice later I will swerve our game and sit in the garden. The game is fucked, there are 3 teams owned by cheats/gangsters/murdering fucking c*nts who are likely getting sucked off again by the absolute fuckwit c*nts at Sky.

Fucking do one with your fucking vile "sport"
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: August 13, 2023, 09:22:10 am »
I'm not the tiniest bit arsed,didn't even check yesterday's results.

Offline God's Left Peg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: August 13, 2023, 09:36:54 am »
I absolutely hate the Premier League. Can't remember the last time I watched MOTD. I won't watch Man City, Chelsea, Man United, Newcastle (post-takeover and with Howe's cheating), Arsenal (with Arteta) and might watch bits of the rest if it's on. I'll generally just watch our games but it's not enjoyable since VAR came in as you can't even celebrate goals anymore which was what it was all about ultimately. The most stressful part of the match is the 2 minutes after you score as you wait to see if VAR can find a way to rule it out.

I still enjoy following/watching some other leagues. The Premier League has been utterly destroyed by money and corruption.

Agree with all that, my dad is a Blackpool fan and I get a lot of enjoyment watching their games on the telly with him.
"The socialism I believe in is everybody working for the same goal and everybody having a share in the rewards. That's how I see football, that's how I see life."

Offline God's Left Peg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: August 13, 2023, 09:38:23 am »
This recent saga has shown me that as far as LFC are concerned, I'm still emotionally invested.

I just don't care about the rest. Could've watched any of the games yesterday or Friday, and only watched half an hour of Everton to hear the boos (it was worth it!). I just don't give a shite about football at the moment - the whole thing feels meaningless.

I can take the money getting ridiculous as a general thing (it's vulgar, but inevitable), but what I can't take is that everywhere you look, it's just one set of cheats after another. What's the point?

Will continue to watch LFC on dodgy streams or listen to the games, but I'm signing off my subscription at the end of the year. Won't miss it. Football as I've known it since the late 80s has died on its arse.

Also nailed it. Every word.
"The socialism I believe in is everybody working for the same goal and everybody having a share in the rewards. That's how I see football, that's how I see life."

Offline God's Left Peg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: August 13, 2023, 09:40:22 am »
This is one of the biggest factors in me feeling like it's all pointless. The media at large simply don't even want to highlight the cheating. I guess they feel they need to keep talking the product up, otherwise people might actually all realise its shite now and the industry that keeps these media companies in business will collapse.

In a small-scale example of that, I've completely stopped listening to Second Captains (for those who aren't familiar, an Irish sports podcast service), as I was frequently disappointed by their continual unwillingness to deal with the sporting effects of financial doping. They bill themselves as "independent journalism", but aside from occasionally getting a braver journalist like Miguel Delaney on as a guest, they just continue talking about City or Chelsea as though it's all 100% legit.

I just can't abide this shite, because when it's like this all across the board, it just legitimises and institutionalises the cheating. 95% of the football media are basically just sticking their fingers in their ears and continuing to talk up the product, even as this helps the product get worse and worse with every passing year. It's cowardly.

And while the £££ keeps rolling in it will go on.

Offline God's Left Peg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: August 13, 2023, 09:42:03 am »
I only know a couple of scores because they came up on my phone, not looked, not interested. Not watched MOTD this morning even though been up since 6:45. If the weather is nice later I will swerve our game and sit in the garden. The game is fucked, there are 3 teams owned by cheats/gangsters/murdering fucking c*nts who are likely getting sucked off again by the absolute fuckwit c*nts at Sky.

Fucking do one with your fucking vile "sport"

And again. That's me. First game of the season and I'm weighing up with the wife and kids where we could go paddleboarding.

Would never have happened in years gone by.

Offline Mr Grieves

• at losing other mr, ending years of Broken Wings encores.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #69 on: August 13, 2023, 09:45:40 am »
I had to relocate down south for work, my son is now of the age where he’s getting interested. All his mates are beginning to attend their first games at various London clubs. I bought the membership for him in the vain hope of being successful in any one of the pre Xmas games,  without success.

I’m now trying to steer him into getting into our local non league club, plus the fact that I now enjoy watching the kids football more. The prospect of nearly a whole season of shit kick off times just turns me off.

That’s even before you start thinking about the absolute circus and sham that is the Premier League.

I was lucky to save my school dinner money and stand on the kop but sadly that is another lifetime ago.

I’m glad I saw in my adult life the renaissance under Klopp but for me the joy has been sucked out of it.

Put the ball in the goddamn basket chief

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: August 13, 2023, 10:19:26 am »
I'm quite looking forward to it. Should be refreshing to see us actually trying to play some attacking football again after 4 or 5 years of absolute dogshit.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: August 13, 2023, 10:47:52 am »
I checked out last year, for the most part, and didn’t really miss it.  I just found the game was getting more and more embarrassing to watch.  Ultra fit grown men screaming and rolling around in agony because they got a slight brush and wanted to have a kick of a ball without anyone else near them. Officials rewarding such behaviour and penalising people trying to stay on their feet.  Everybody shouting and screaming in each others faces.  Everyone spitting every 30 seconds.

(Seriously, watch a few minutes of game with a couple of small children who don’t normally watch football and try to explain/justify the behaviour of the adults on the pitch to them.  Then try telling those same kids off a bit later for arguing, or for massively overreacting to something.)

Then there’s the financial aspect, obviously, and no-one wanting to address it. The double standards. The time wasting. It goes on.

Finally the way the game seems to now be largely a vehicle for “megabantz/ultralolz” whilst simultaneously being utterly humourless.  Pearl clutching from the media over relatively harmless things, whilst more serious things are seen as legitimate targets for opposition fans and journos to have a laugh about in the most basic way imaginable.  No intelligence or imagination used at all.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #72 on: August 13, 2023, 10:49:55 am »
I'm quite looking forward to it. Should be refreshing to see us actually trying to play some attacking football again after 4 or 5 years of absolute dogshit.

Chance of a proper reboot for you I think, as long as you give the manager time and accept it might be a bit hit and miss results wise this season. Think you should accept that as long as you see some promising signs.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: August 13, 2023, 10:50:33 am »
Only just realised yesterday after seeing a meme that Harry Kane had moved to Bayern for a record fee. Shows much I care about football now. It's all very dull now, I've seen every type of goal there is so people shouting "what a fucking goal!!" doesn't do anything for me now.

Offline kellan

• Inventor of the most evil 'Stepping On Lego' curse. Cross her at your peril! Icelandic Pleasuredrone and a truly, unruly yet outrageous gem.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: August 13, 2023, 11:03:23 am »
I find women's football to be a purer form of the sport. When it comes to men's football, I watch our matches and the odd few that aren't if I think they'll be worth it. Gone are the days when I glue myself to the TV dodgy streams watching as much as I possibly can. But that's exactly how I am with women's football. If there's a stream, I'll have it on. Doesn't matter what league or cup, the more obscure the better.

But I'm not making this post to say how lucky I feel to still have this 'real football' experience, I'm making it to say that I watch every women's match wondering how long it will be before women's football is also ruined in the same ways men's has been. Probably only a few years, would be my guess.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #75 on: August 13, 2023, 11:06:35 am »
I think right up top the twist the Caiscedo transfer took I was pretty excited. Liverpool had a new side (Klopp mk III?) and had lost a lot of older and more experienced players, but had installed an exciting new engine in the middle and had all the rawness and potential up front to be a very different side.

Then Chelsea, Brighton and Caicedo's agent started fucking around with their tame media pals cheering along and I remembered the game had become a clown festival full of dickheads with seemingly insurmountable structural flaws that the FA were unwilling and unable to deal with, not forgetting the collective of petro slags (plags?) running around and cunting things up in the name of proto-fascism and despotism, all while fans and media alike try to pretend things are normal and nothing bad is happening. After that I lost the will to live and my interest plummeted.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Bioluminescence

• Hidden Gem
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: August 13, 2023, 11:18:36 am »
Like many I'm looking forward to watching Liverpool. I switched off last season because I struggled to find any enjoyment in the PL. Not really because of results but because everything around it seemed so toxic, and dealing with a serious health condition I couldn't be bothered with any of it. Now I plan on watching our games, learning more about tactics and enjoying football like I used to, with no expectations.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #77 on: August 13, 2023, 12:14:08 pm »
Off to Prestatyn today, so I'll check our score when I get home about 8pm, more of a small matter of interest than anything else.

Maybe it's an age thing as well, at 64 now and after taking early retirement, I love my life more than ever. Loads of time to chill out, to write (just had my Ken Dodd book published!) and to see my beautiful Grandaughters.

I won't let a sport riddled with blatant corruption and unpunished cheating fuck my life up, those days are well over and I don't miss it one tiny bit!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2023, 12:16:17 pm by mikeb58 »
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: August 13, 2023, 12:15:32 pm »
I’m looking forward to it. I hate the invasion of the banter shite and especially detest the fan media stuff, but I love football and love watching it. Helps when we have a good team and manager as well, which we have.

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #79 on: August 13, 2023, 12:28:12 pm »
I’m looking forward to it. I hate the invasion of the banter shite and especially detest the fan media stuff, but I love football and love watching it. Helps when we have a good team and manager as well, which we have.

Same.

I just switch the game on at kick off, mute half time, switch off at full time. Avoid Twitter and youtube banter shows.
Believer