Author Topic: Everton - The 777 Unflushables  (Read 712026 times)

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
Re: Everton - The 777 Unflushables
« Reply #12760 on: April 30, 2024, 11:54:36 am »
Hang on, Everton are struggling to make payroll and find the stadium payments. Things have taken a real turn

Laing O'Rourke must be shitting themselves. Have they been paid in full up to now?

Everton will probably try to bullshit their way until the start of next season but I'm not sure that's even possible now.
The Premier League have got to step in and make a final decision on the takeover. It's an intolerable situation for all the clubs in the relegation zone.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12762 on: April 30, 2024, 11:58:23 am »
So, they go in to administration and therefore take their points deduction this season. Never saw that coming once they were safe.

Offline cissesbeard

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12763 on: April 30, 2024, 12:07:23 pm »
So, they go in to administration and therefore take their points deduction this season. Never saw that coming once they were safe.

would love it to backfire on them and they lose their final 3 games.

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12765 on: April 30, 2024, 12:12:43 pm »
Haven't people said the deduction goes into next season now ?

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12766 on: April 30, 2024, 12:14:17 pm »
Christ

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/apr/30/everton-call-in-insolvency-restructuring-advisers-777-takeover-doubt

At least the beat the RS though. They'll take that.

10 point deduction then losing to Luton & Arsenal but beating Sheff Utd would put them on the brink.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #12767 on: April 30, 2024, 12:18:24 pm »
Will be amazing for Everton fans to look back at this season in the years to come.

Bad things: 2 sets of points penalties, club went into administration and then went insolvent, had to restart the club in North West Counties League.
Good things: Beat the RS in the derby and ended their league winning hopes.
Overall: a great season for us
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #12768 on: April 30, 2024, 12:31:35 pm »

Pretty sure I read that as well, which would mean starting next season on -9 points presumably.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12769 on: April 30, 2024, 12:36:17 pm »

Only place I've read that is on here, posted by 4pool.
I've not seen any evidence of there being a cut off date though. A BBC article last week or week before made no mention of a cut off point and stated a deduction would be applied as soon as a club enters administration.

This BBC article states a 9 point deduction would be immediate and makes no reference to there being a deadline for it?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68835735

I'd assume there's no chance of that happening this season though given it finishes in a month.

What would happen if they went into administration on 20th May though? The season finishes on 19th, so in that scenario would it be applied next season?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2024, 12:49:48 pm by Barneylfc∗ »
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12770 on: April 30, 2024, 12:43:28 pm »
There appears to be a cut off point in the EFL

https://theathletic.com/2841896/2021/09/23/what-happens-when-a-club-enters-administration/

Going into administration brings a 12-point penalty from the English Football League but it isn’t always applied immediately. Why?

Under EFL rules, you get an automatic 12-point penalty when you enter administration but when it is actually imposed depends on when the administration happens. If it happens before the fourth Thursday in March, it is imposed that season. But it if happens after the fourth Thursday in March and you would have been relegated with or without the 12-point penalty, it is imposed the following season.

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #12771 on: April 30, 2024, 12:43:57 pm »

That would be i don't know the word to describe it  :D ;D
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #12772 on: April 30, 2024, 12:45:28 pm »
Laing O'Rourke must be shitting themselves. Have they been paid in full up to now?

Everton will probably try to bullshit their way until the start of next season but I'm not sure that's even possible now.
The Premier League have got to step in and make a final decision on the takeover. It's an intolerable situation for all the clubs in the relegation zone.

More worrying is the impact on all those Subbies who are working on the BMD.
Laing could go the way of Carrilion, but the bosses will be OK. It’s the self employed sparks and the chippies and the small firms that will be hit hardest.
Even a small lay off will hit those lads and lasses hard.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #12773 on: April 30, 2024, 12:45:46 pm »

Abusing the system again but other people are at fault i suppose  :o ::)
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #12774 on: April 30, 2024, 12:47:57 pm »
More worrying is the impact on all those Subbies who are working on the BMD.
Laing could go the way of Carrilion, but the bosses will be OK. It’s the self employed sparks and the chippies and the small firms that will be hit hardest.
Even a small lay off will hit those lads and lasses hard.

It would be terrible for all those subbies, and lots of other people as well, if the stadium isn`t finished - irrespective of administration. I sincerely hope that stadium is finished - even if they are playing in it in the lower leagues.

It is all a monumental mess of their own making
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #12775 on: April 30, 2024, 12:51:05 pm »
#Sausages

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12776 on: April 30, 2024, 12:52:28 pm »
That's in the EFL, not premier league though.

Yeah. I've not seen anything that suggests there's a PL deadline.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #12777 on: April 30, 2024, 12:53:23 pm »
Said it elsewhere, anyone thinking administration is some sort of clever dodge is delusional, it will wipe the club out.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #12778 on: April 30, 2024, 12:57:18 pm »
Said it elsewhere, anyone thinking administration is some sort of clever dodge is delusional, it will wipe the club out.

Look what's happened to the likes of Portsmouth and Wigan after that it won't end well for them
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #12779 on: April 30, 2024, 12:57:19 pm »
Well at least they can brag about winning the last ever Merseyside derby
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #12780 on: April 30, 2024, 12:58:13 pm »

Think it depends how it's done. I imagine would be some sort of pre-pack admin job, likely headed up by MSP who seem to have the largest secured amount. They'll prob pay pennies on the pound to the rest of them and get the club and stadium for fairly cheap (considering the current debt, anyway).

I called it a few weeks back once MSP didn't call in the debt when the loan payment was missed. Allowed them to delay slightly, see how the following games went and if they could put them into admin whilst staying in the PL.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12781 on: April 30, 2024, 01:05:19 pm »
The thing is, if we saw through their plan, the authorities must have as well. They are clearly taking the piss out of them.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #12782 on: April 30, 2024, 01:05:26 pm »
Read something before on twitter about 777 owning an airline which has gone bankrupt. Not sure if true but they seem to be the dodgiest fuckers of all time. I pray the league let's it go through, destroying the club in the process.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12783 on: April 30, 2024, 01:05:44 pm »
I've gone from being amused at the prospect of them being flushed, to actively wanting the entire club to disappear into the death spiral of administration.

Why? Because they've knowingly cheated and effectively gotten away with it. Not talking about these latest PSR breaches either. The COVID loss fraud was blatantly taking the piss and the PL didn't bother to challenge it.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2024, 01:09:02 pm by rossipersempre »
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #12784 on: April 30, 2024, 01:10:24 pm »
Yes but like rich people, being punished for anything never seems to go the same way as the lay person, for all the cheating and debt, they'll probably go into administration and virtually nothing will happen, somehow they'll stay in the premier league, somehow not having to sell that many players.

Everyone else would go under

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #12785 on: April 30, 2024, 01:10:36 pm »
Read something before on twitter about 777 owning an airline which has gone bankrupt. Not sure if true but they seem to be the dodgiest fuckers of all time. I pray the league let's it go through, destroying the club in the process.

This one

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2024/apr/30/bonza-airlines-flights-cancelled-updates-news-today-budget-routes-services-suspended
#Sausages

Offline jacobs chains

• Legacy Fan
  • The fight will not be attaining dreams.
« Reply #12786 on: April 30, 2024, 01:14:36 pm »
Think it depends how it's done. I imagine would be some sort of pre-pack admin job, likely headed up by MSP who seem to have the largest secured amount. They'll prob pay pennies on the pound to the rest of them and get the club and stadium for fairly cheap (considering the current debt, anyway).

I called it a few weeks back once MSP didn't call in the debt when the loan payment was missed. Allowed them to delay slightly, see how the following games went and if they could put them into admin whilst staying in the PL.

It does appear that MSP and Andy Bell have played a blinder here. I feel that Moshiri however will consider it an epic swindleTM.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12787 on: April 30, 2024, 01:22:13 pm »
somehow they'll stay in the premier league, somehow not having to sell that many players.

Do you think clinging onto their PL status one more year, even under administration, is going to be the lifebelt they desperately need? It could just as easily be the millstone that eventually drags them under. I mean who'd have thought Houdini would die of a ruptured appendix?
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12788 on: April 30, 2024, 01:29:26 pm »
Surely the stadium is a blessing. Someone is going to get to buy Everton on the cheap and get a nice new stadium as part of the deal. The stadium makes the club more attractive to buyers surely?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2024, 01:31:04 pm by owens_2k »

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #12789 on: April 30, 2024, 01:31:19 pm »
Surely the stadium is a blessing. Someone is going to get to buy Everton on the cheap and get a nice new stadium as part of the deal.

Dont they still need about 150 million to finish it
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline owens_2k

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12790 on: April 30, 2024, 01:34:39 pm »
Dont they still need about 150 million to finish it
Even if that is the case, any buyer is getting a full stadium for a fraction of the cost

Offline Redknight60

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12791 on: April 30, 2024, 01:41:25 pm »
Even if that is the case, any buyer is getting a full stadium for a fraction of the cost
Buying most clubs comes with a stadium. The debts owed on building it will still come to the buyer.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12792 on: April 30, 2024, 01:43:44 pm »

An unfinished stadium that hasn't been paid for yet. They won't be getting a stadium, they are getting a building site that needs to be completed.

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12793 on: April 30, 2024, 01:51:49 pm »

Yep, this isn't a "smart" move by Everton if it happens. It will be horrendous. I think people expect that someone will swoop in and buy them as a distressed asset, which could well happen, but ask yourself how viable it is to buy a club like Everton with the ground still unbuilt and the squad in turmoil and the massive, massive debts they have.

As much as it's amusing to see the delusion of their fans, it's actually a very bleak situation and a disgrace that a football club like Everton has been allowed to be run into the ground like this. How on earth can they be in a situation where they have a wage bill like they have, and an infrastructure project like they have, and have no money to cover the costs? It's obscene. Our city is at real risk of losing one of it's oldest cultural assets and something that means so much to a lot of people.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #12794 on: April 30, 2024, 01:52:28 pm »
Buying most clubs comes with a stadium. The debts owed on building it will still come to the buyer.

Not necessarily, depends what the deal worked out with the administrators are. Likely the buyer ends up paying a fraction of the debt to secure the club and it's assets.

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12795 on: April 30, 2024, 01:53:29 pm »
Yes but like rich people, being punished for anything never seems to go the same way as the lay person, for all the cheating and debt, they'll probably go into administration and virtually nothing will happen, somehow they'll stay in the premier league, somehow not having to sell that many players.

If they go into administration then they will certainly have to sell most if not all of their main playing assets, and the ground will be at risk.

Offline owens_2k

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12796 on: April 30, 2024, 01:53:29 pm »
Not a brand new one.

It depends on the administrator how much of those debts owed on building it so far will be paid.

I personally think someone will buy them, clear the debt and finish off the stadium.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2024, 01:56:02 pm by owens_2k »

Offline Qston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #12797 on: April 30, 2024, 01:53:45 pm »
An unfinished stadium that hasn't been paid for yet. They won't be getting a stadium, they are getting a building site that needs to be completed.

It's closer to completion that you make it sound mate. Yes, works are still needed but it is certainly nearer the end than the start.

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #12798 on: April 30, 2024, 01:54:28 pm »

As much as it's amusing to see the delusion of their fans, it's actually a very bleak situation and a disgrace that a football club like Everton has been allowed to be run into the ground like this. How on earth can they be in a situation where they have a wage bill like they have, and an infrastructure project like they have, and have no money to cover the costs? It's obscene. Our city is at real risk of losing one of it's oldest cultural assets and something that means so much to a lot of people.

Its happened before though to other clubs football really needs to take a long hard look at its self but obviously it won't you only have to look at the plight of some the of lower league clubs how much longer can it be sustainable
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #12799 on: April 30, 2024, 01:54:58 pm »
If they go into administration then they will certainly have to sell most if not all of their main playing assets, and the ground will be at risk.

I imagine there will be pressure on the administrators to find a solution which allows the club to continue as a going concern, in which case if there is a suitable buyer then there could be no need to sell any playing assets.