Author Topic: Arsenal: Top of the divers league  (Read 394916 times)

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Arsenal: Top of the divers league
« Reply #9360 on: May 19, 2024, 10:09:16 pm »
Really don’t see Arsenal getting close next season. They put absolutely everything into this season, every single thing went their way; no injuries, refs turning a blind eye, every player playing at the top of their game. Yet they still came up short. They’ve been good but teams will be more prepared for their set pieces next season.
This is just wishful thinking, imo. I'm sure much the same was said of our squad. They've a young squad and will expect to improve.

Questions for me are:
1. Does Arteta know how to use a squad?
2. Jesus looks like he's now in the same position that he found himself at 115 - Fringe player and about to be replaced. Will Arteta go for a top class no. 9 or stick with Havertz?

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #9361 on: May 19, 2024, 10:16:51 pm »
Those who think Arsenal are just 2-3 quality additions from winning it or being in a race again might throw caution to the wind. On paper, yes. But it must be incredibly hard to go again after being so close twice. After being agonizingly close in 18/19 and actually winning it in 19/20, we fell apart the season after. Two intense seasons took their toll.

Will they be as fortunate with injuries again this time around? Will players like Trossard and Havertz be as good next season as this?

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9362 on: May 19, 2024, 10:17:52 pm »
You just copy paste every summer

You have bottled it again. As I predicted  ;D

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9363 on: May 19, 2024, 10:21:05 pm »
You have bottled it again. As I predicted  ;D

I think you predicted we wont finish top 4, not that you believed it, it was just an edgy prediction at the time.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9364 on: May 19, 2024, 10:25:16 pm »
They’ll definitely be in the mix next year but they have a whole heap of things to combat

Injuries - Incredibly lucky with them this season. I see some of their fans confusing this with ‘they didn’t have any at all’. Injuries are one of the real big tests going up against City, can you lose your difference makers for a while and maintain the pace, they never really had to do this at any point this year. Keepers, Saliba, Gabriel, Odegaard, Rice, Saka were all pretty much ever presents.

Interest - How many times can you fall short before interest ramps up and your big names heads are turned?  You go another year without big silverware at the end of it and a side who lifts trophies comes in for your top talents, how do you keep them? One goes and how do you stop the others from looking at their options

Mentality - Fighting against City is one thing but can you bounce back from the heartbreak of losing out. We often get brought up in this conversation but the key difference is we were achieving things during these pushes, CL finals & winning the CL go a long long way when it comes to belief and finding a way.

Signings -  They got some right but there are also a few who are raising questions so while it’s all good and well talking up signing reinforcements, what’s to say they’ll be more Rice than Zinchenko, more Odegaard than Jesus? You aren’t afforded a lot of time to settle in and now more than ever you cant afford passengers in your side especially on anything like a regular basis. You lose say Rice for 3-4 weeks and his new understudy doesn’t hit the ground running and where does that leave you?

Maintenance - Can their players maintain this level, footballs seemingly becoming this thing where people ignore dips in form as if they’re a thing if the past as if everyone who had a good season is guaranteed to match or exceed that as long as they aren’t old and you can just add more good players to that and things will all be rosey, in reality dips in form happen and this can occur for a number of reasons.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2024, 10:29:12 pm by RyanBabel19 »

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9365 on: May 19, 2024, 10:25:45 pm »
Those who think Arsenal are just 2-3 quality additions from winning it or being in a race again might throw caution to the wind. On paper, yes. But it must be incredibly hard to go again after being so close twice. After being agonizingly close in 18/19 and actually winning it in 19/20, we fell apart the season after. Two intense seasons took their toll.

Will they be as fortunate with injuries again this time around? Will players like Trossard and Havertz be as good next season as this?

Timber came on today, and looked class, one of the highlights of the afternoon . His whole season has been 30 mins in the first game and 20 mins in the last game. Will be like a new signing next season and hes so talented that if we had him and Partey this season it could’ve made a big difference.

Offline dimwit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • this is what depression will do to you
« Reply #9366 on: May 19, 2024, 10:26:04 pm »
For what's it worth, we were both useless.

Here's hoping that we both have something to hope for come april 2025.

Offline RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9367 on: May 19, 2024, 10:28:33 pm »
We didn't really do that though, did we?

I don't think jibbed is the right word, but given the quality of the Arsenal team over the last two years I think it is fair to question whether they should have come closer to picking up some silverware outside of the league.

Over the last two seasons, Arsenal's record in the domestic cups is played 6, won 2, lost 4.

Since Arteta led you to win the FA Cup in 19/20, over four seasons your FA Cup victories have been against League 1 Oxford and an extra-time defeat of pre-sports washed Newcastle (along with four defeats).

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9368 on: May 19, 2024, 10:29:28 pm »
I think you predicted we wont finish top 4, not that you believed it, it was just an edgy prediction at the time.

We can now agree that Arteta doesn't have the capacity to win the league title, despite spending an absolute fortune:

https://www.transfermarkt.com/fc-arsenal/alletransfers/verein/11

I hope you will keep him for a few more years ...

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #9369 on: May 19, 2024, 10:30:31 pm »
Timber came on today, and looked class, one of the highlights of the afternoon . His whole season has been 30 mins in the first game and 20 mins in the last game. Will be like a new signing next season and hes so talented that if we had him and Partey this season it could’ve made a big difference.
You'll still have lego head in charge, so...

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #9370 on: May 19, 2024, 10:31:48 pm »

Ben White has had a great season though, hasn't he? And you still comfortably had the best defense in the league so how much difference would he have really made?

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9371 on: May 19, 2024, 10:34:05 pm »
I don't think jibbed is the right word, but given the quality of the Arsenal team over the last two years I think it is fair to question whether they should have come closer to picking up some silverware outside of the league.

Over the last two seasons, Arsenal's record in the domestic cups is played 6, won 2, lost 4.

Since Arteta led you to win the FA Cup in 19/20, over four seasons your FA Cup victories have been against League 1 Oxford and an extra-time defeat of pre-sports washed Newcastle (along with four defeats).

Definitely need to improve in the cups. We drew Liverpool this season and city last season early on in the fa cup so that didn’t help. In fairness, we were still finding our level in the last 2 seasons and league position has been more important. This season was the first time we got into CL for 7 years. Going forward I expect a bigger impact on every competition we are in.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9372 on: May 19, 2024, 10:36:07 pm »
Ben White has had a great season though, hasn't he? And you still comfortably had the best defense in the league so how much difference would he have really made?

He played all pre season, comm shield and first game at left back. Came on at right back today but he looked like our best left back before he got injured. Its been the one position we really struggled in. Tomiyasu was out for a while as well. Zinchenko is useless and Kiwior not much better.

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9373 on: May 19, 2024, 10:37:51 pm »

If only they'd had the two players who missed any time through injury, one of whom had a £105m player bought to play instead of him last summer.

Pretty incredible that Arsenal have virtually no injuries the whole season, and we still have the same poster somehow pleading bad luck. Arsenal wouldn't have lasted a week with the shit we had to put up with most of the season.

Offline Hestoic

• Kopite
« Reply #9374 on: May 19, 2024, 10:38:44 pm »
Unlucky Arsenal, the best legitimate team in the league this season. Now you understand why Klopp doesn't have more titles to his name.

This is also why we mocked you when your manager did a lap of the stadium after beating us, and Odegaard with the camera.

It's not about the quality of your team next season now. You need the stars to align again and have all your key players fit together consistently for 95%+ of the season, and the players need to have the right mentality to give everything again only to potentially watch City win a fifth in a row. We're all up against a machine.

I like Arsenal as a club, always have, but I just can't wish them any fortune with that bitter in charge. Out on the pitch after today's game giving a speech. It's too try hard.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9375 on: May 19, 2024, 10:40:03 pm »
Bad luck to Arsenal.  An 89-point season really should be enough to win the league.

Arteta still with just an FA Cup win against Frank Lampard to show for all the endeavours of this very good Arsenal side.  Winning any trophies is harder now than it's probably ever been.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9376 on: May 19, 2024, 10:55:25 pm »
TNB find a large skip for this lad.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9377 on: May 19, 2024, 11:06:14 pm »

Offline child-in-time

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9378 on: May 19, 2024, 11:06:37 pm »
They need more than just 1-2 high profile additions. They need depth. They have been using mostly the same 13 to 14 players for a long time now and are due an injury crisis sooner rather than later. If they sign a new no.9 but offload Jesus, that's them back at square one. Similar for Zinchenko, Partey etc. They also have the dilemma of whether they continue playing Havertz as a false 9 or move him back to the 8, where he didn't quite work out in the first half of the season as it exploits his weaknesses. If they keep him as a false 9, what's the point of signing a new 9 or offloading Jesus? Little but not unimportant questions lay ahead.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2024, 11:08:13 pm by child-in-time »
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

Offline coolbyrne

• Legacy Fan
  • Ground Control
« Reply #9379 on: May 19, 2024, 11:11:35 pm »

Yeah, it's one reason I have him on 'ignore'. Because I can't imagine anyone thought Arsenal wouldn't get top 4 this season. And if we're honest with ourselves, Arsenal should easily get top 4 next season. Yes, I know, circumstances can change things, but let's just go with what we know right now. What points they'll end up with and where in the top 4 they'll be is a different topic, but as we look at things today, they should easily get top 4. And again, if we're honest with ourselves, can we say the same? I don't think so. That doesn't mean we can't or won't finish top 4, but at this point, Arsenal and Liverpool are 2 very different clubs in 2 very different points in their development. I think the advantage Liverpool has is the very fact we aren't expecting to challenge for the title next year. Would it be nice if we did? Of course. But it almost feels like there's no pressure. We're in transition, not only with players but with the manager. Arsenal will have (should have) their 3rd kick at the can next season. Currently, at the height of Arteta's revival, Arsenal have won... 1 trophy? (FA Cup, no?) There needs to be more now, and it's that kind of pressure that can crush a team. We'll see if that happens to Arsenal or if they'll come out of 2 hard fought nearly trophyless seasons a stronger team. But this talk of how Arsenal will drop out of the top 4 and/or how Liverpool will challenge for the title are little more than wishful thinking. (I mean, I wish it, too, but...)
Oh, these sour times.

No one admires resilience when you were just plain wrong all along - that's just twattishness.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9380 on: May 19, 2024, 11:24:04 pm »
Will be tough to take getting 89 points and not winning it. Imagine how it felt to come second with 97 and 92. They just need to make sure they bounce back from this, because at least we had Madrid to serve as a springboard for our next season. To finish a season like they've had trophyless is pretty rough.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9381 on: May 19, 2024, 11:28:02 pm »
It’s a young team and they’ll spend again in summer. They’ll be in the mix again next season. And when city gets their inevitable paltry 12 point deduction and fine, Arsenal will be in as good a position as anyone.

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #9382 on: May 19, 2024, 11:30:59 pm »
See you all on here at 8am lads yeah? Or will be just be the Arsenal fans?

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #9383 on: May 19, 2024, 11:36:59 pm »
See you all on here at 8am lads yeah? Or will be just be the Arsenal fans?
Wait..
This is not an Arsenal Forum?

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #9384 on: May 19, 2024, 11:39:46 pm »
Well done to them, they’re the best team in the league even if the table doesn’t have them in first. Not much more you can do against cheats.

Mentally they must surely find it hard to go again for a third time. We didn’t lose two races in a row like they have, and number six helped us massively going into the title winning season.

It’s not just the league either, the pressure now is to do a lot better in the cups where they’ve been nowhere near winning.

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #9385 on: May 19, 2024, 11:46:11 pm »
Well done to them, they’re the best team in the league even if the table doesn’t have them in first. Not much more you can do against cheats.

Mentally they must surely find it hard to go again for a third time. We didn’t lose two races in a row like they have, and number six helped us massively going into the title winning season.

It’s not just the league either, the pressure now is to do a lot better in the cups where they’ve been nowhere near winning.

Isn't that because Lego head is prioritising the Premier League? 
« Last Edit: May 19, 2024, 11:48:20 pm by Terry de Niro »

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9386 on: May 19, 2024, 11:49:40 pm »
All that diving, cheating and time wasting, and nothing to show for it ...

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #9387 on: May 19, 2024, 11:50:32 pm »
All that diving, cheating and time wasting, and nothing to show for it ...

That's not true. Their captain got some lovely snaps along the way.

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #9388 on: May 19, 2024, 11:51:52 pm »
That's not true. Their captain got some lovely snaps along the way.
Pity it wasn't his legs.  :P

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #9389 on: May 19, 2024, 11:59:36 pm »
Isn't that because Lego head is prioritising the Premier League?
Which he can’t keep doing really. Both times we lost out to City by a narrow margin, we still won a CL (2019) and two domestic cups as well as being CL runners up (2022).

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #9390 on: May 20, 2024, 12:10:12 am »
So, you do all the right things, cut your cloth to help fund a new ground, meaning lean times on the pitch. You get over that, make some bad decisions with your new money then finally click and what do you get.
Fuck all, because cheating bastards have stolen in and taken the high ground, other clubs have paid no attention to the rules either and got away with it.
Welcome to the club.

aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #9391 on: May 20, 2024, 12:12:21 am »
Which he can’t keep doing really. Both times we lost out to City by a narrow margin, we still won a CL (2019) and two domestic cups as well as being CL runners up (2022).
Exactamungo.

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #9392 on: May 20, 2024, 12:44:30 am »
So, you do all the right things, cut your cloth to help fund a new ground, meaning lean times on the pitch. You get over that, make some bad decisions with your new money then finally click and what do you get.
Fuck all, because cheating bastards have stolen in and taken the high ground, other clubs have paid no attention to the rules either and got away with it.
Welcome to the club.

Anyone but the Scousers, eh? Saving Football FC. Top bantz, blud.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9393 on: May 20, 2024, 12:57:49 am »
I've had a look at Arsenal Mania tonight expecting them to be rightfully apoplectic over the cheating. They don't get it, incredibly. The league is done!

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9394 on: May 20, 2024, 01:00:39 am »
I believe you should be looking at the #1 Arsenal forum,I believe it's called RAWK.

Offline child-in-time

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9395 on: May 20, 2024, 01:11:42 am »
I wonder if BigBrainArteta is on ArsenalMania. His logic and reasoning would be most welcomed on there by the looks of it.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #9396 on: May 20, 2024, 01:13:54 am »
I wonder if BigBrainArteta is on ArsenalMania. His logic and reasoning would be most welcomed on there by the looks of it.

He may well be. I know one early-riser Arsenal fan who’s certainly not on there though lol

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #9397 on: May 20, 2024, 02:15:25 am »
The fact they haven’t got a scrap of silverware to show for their efforts is very funny.

Offline BigBrainArteta

• Main Stander
« Reply #9398 on: May 20, 2024, 02:22:43 am »
We can now agree that Arteta doesn't have the capacity to win the league title, despite spending an absolute fortune:

https://www.transfermarkt.com/fc-arsenal/alletransfers/verein/11

I hope you will keep him for a few more years ...

He is 42 years old. Took over banter level Arsenal. This was the only season we EXPECTED to challenge for the title under Arteta's tenure and he lost out 91-89 to Man City.

Why is Arteta capped at 42?

Rival fans attempt to gaslight Arsenal fans into thinking Arteta must be sacked is telling.

Arteta is staying at Arsenal.

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9399 on: May 20, 2024, 02:24:18 am »
Bad luck to Arsenal.  An 89-point season really should be enough to win the league.

Arteta still with just an FA Cup win against Frank Lampard to show for all the endeavours of this very good Arsenal side.  Winning any trophies is harder now than it's probably ever been.
Aye. Fair play to them, they've got a great youngish side and a good manager. Albeit there's been a shitload of money pumped into the squad, but most of their signings have been good and they're probably going to get better, respect due I think. It's a shame City are what they are. Without them and their ridiculously dubious finances the league could have been really interesting over the past few seasons.