Author Topic: Stevie G and Saudi Arabia  (Read 49476 times)

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Stevie G and Saudi Arabia
« Reply #320 on: August 25, 2023, 05:56:36 pm »
Now using lies written in the s*n to have a pop at Stevie. Some folk here really do have an axe to grind with him.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #321 on: August 25, 2023, 08:48:59 pm »
Now using lies written in the s*n to have a pop at Stevie. Some folk here really do have an axe to grind with him.
Sharing S*n links is deplorable, but "Stevie" is no angel in all this.

Offline Baby Huey

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #322 on: August 27, 2023, 06:51:24 pm »
I have. My city and club are being used by KSA and it fuckin stinks. And that's because of c*nts like Gerrard.

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #323 on: August 28, 2023, 12:49:36 am »
It's hard to think of a Liverpool legend who's tried so hard to make themselves irrelevant to Liverpool fans so quickly.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline whiteboots

• Kopite
« Reply #324 on: August 28, 2023, 10:20:14 am »
It's hard to think of a Liverpool legend who's tried so hard to make themselves irrelevant to Liverpool fans so quickly.
Michael Owen?  Souness?

As fans we can have a distorted view of what our footballing heroes should be. A few years back i met an old school friend who had married a pro footballer who had a decent and well paid career in the second and third tiers. She reported that he did not like football, never watched it at home on the TV or followed the international touraments and when he came home after a game she could never tell what the result had been, he didnt say. On retiring he would never even stop to watch a park amateur game in progress. He had earned his money, job done.

I loved Stevie the footballer in an LFC shirt, probably my all time favourite. But although he grew up as a Whiston boy, he also had a trial for Man utd. He came first, and rightly so. His celebrity fame and fortune rapidly took him away from being one of us until he became more at home in Park Lane, London than the Walton breck rd. In Saudi he will be surrounded by people of similar, and greater wealth.

I m always wary of moralising judgements on others, an suspicious that few can  bear  similar personal scrutiny.

Good luck to him and his family, he will be back.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #325 on: August 28, 2023, 11:49:17 am »
Michael Owen?  Souness?
Henderson?

Honestly, all the trials and tribulations of playing with 10 men in 2/3 of our games so far - plus desire from the club and its supporters to sign a midfielder - and not once has anyone thought 'what if we still had henderson' or 'if henderson was around, we'd have..'

instant transition away from him, even as just a backup player. other succesful long-term midfielders (eg wijnadum, milner, even fabinho whose form dropped off a cliff) all had people wondering at times 'would it have been helpful to still have him around?'
« Last Edit: August 28, 2023, 11:51:24 am by classycarra »

Offline JP!

• Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
« Reply #326 on: August 28, 2023, 01:34:24 pm »
Possibly Henderson yeh. Not sure about Owen given our desire at one stage to re-sign him and the stick he got after that.  Wouldn't even put Souness in the same league given what he did and the response to it - the sheer anger alone was (rightly) more than the "meh" Gerrard (fuck "Stevie") generates. Crap manager who has retired from top level management. An irrelevance.

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #327 on: August 28, 2023, 10:45:21 pm »
Possibly Henderson yeh. Not sure about Owen given our desire at one stage to re-sign him and the stick he got after that.  Wouldn't even put Souness in the same league given what he did and the response to it - the sheer anger alone was (rightly) more than the "meh" Gerrard (fuck "Stevie") generates. Crap manager who has retired from top level management. An irrelevance.
You're living in a complete fantasy land if you think Gerrard is an irrelevance to Liverpool FC. That may be the case for about 5 people on RAWK but out in the real world he'll always be recognised, and idolised, as one of our absolute greatest ever. Bloody hell ;D

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #328 on: August 28, 2023, 10:46:35 pm »
You're living in a complete fantasy land if you think Gerrard is an irrelevance to Liverpool FC. That may be the case for about 5 people on RAWK but out in the real world he'll always be recognised, and idolised, as one of our absolute greatest ever. Bloody hell ;D

Still a twat though, sadly.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #329 on: August 28, 2023, 11:04:32 pm »

Perhaps. I wouldn't know.

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #330 on: August 28, 2023, 11:46:46 pm »
Tarnished by his choices to go there though.
Fantastic player for us.
Did well with at Rangers as a manager in the SPL Sunday League.
Got found out at Villa, and now retired on a massive pension in a horrible blood money Despot league. 

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #331 on: August 28, 2023, 11:59:18 pm »

Yep, and also sad to see a few on here constantly put others down - other LFC players, managers, and fans - in some sort of attempt at a whataboutery defence to any criticism that comes Gerrard's way.

It seems like an almost MAGA / Trumpian-style defence of "Stevie". As other have said, it is like they support "Stevie FC" over Liverpool.

Gerrard going to be the one of posters boys for the latest sportswashing project of a brutal, oppressive, human rights abusing, journalist dismembering, women and child torturing, regime... whose patrols maim, execute, rape, and abuse others at the border... is utterly indefensible.

What a way to fuck up his reputation and legacy. When I see old footage of him playing, I still think 'what a player'... but now it is always followed by 'what a shame... what a cnut'.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2023, 12:01:10 am by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #332 on: August 29, 2023, 12:41:03 am »
that alonsoisared is right - the majority will continue to hold him in high esteem, but that isn’t anything to laugh about and put others down because they don’t share that view of him now.

It’s fucking sad is what it is, that these people are so greedy they don’t give a shit about the world outside their pampered protected bubble, and they certainly don’t give a shit about fans who will still idolise them.

Offline JP!

• Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
« Reply #333 on: August 29, 2023, 08:18:20 pm »
By irrelevance I largely meant that no one (well, those of us with a conscience at least) will give a fuck about him from here on in. It won't erase what he did prior, same as it didn't for Henderson or Souness. But he'll be a footnote to most people imo.

Yours,
JP!
Fantasy Land.

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #334 on: August 29, 2023, 10:50:41 pm »
that alonsoisared is right - the majority will continue to hold him in high esteem, but that isn’t anything to laugh about and put others down because they don’t share that view of him now.

It’s fucking sad is what it is, that these people are so greedy they don’t give a shit about the world outside their pampered protected bubble, and they certainly don’t give a shit about fans who will still idolise them.

Ironic how you mentioned: "greedy".
Isn't that the biggest reason for players/managers to play/manage in that horrible despot, homophobic, put people to death for any stupid reason state?

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #335 on: September 5, 2023, 08:09:53 am »
Ironic how you mentioned: "greedy".
Isn't that the biggest reason for players/managers to play/manage in that horrible despot, homophobic, put people to death for any stupid reason state?

Please read this awful story about Muhammad al-Ghamdi a retired school teacher in Saudi who has been charged to die, because he sent a tweet criticizing the regime that runs his country.

https://t.co/JyIBejgcZ2

If you search on here, I've called Bravermann a c*nt, wished death or Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson, said the entire govt should be fucking executed for treason for what they have done, called them all Nazi racists c*nts - I'd have been executed a long time ago if I lived in Saudi.

Hope Henderson, Gerrard, Fowler and the rest are happy little bunnies over there and have no reason to say anything slightly controversial, their lives depend on it.
Jurgen YNWA

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #336 on: September 5, 2023, 08:15:08 am »
Looks like Henderson has given an interview making an absolute twat of himself going by the headlines but won't be reading his shit.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #337 on: September 5, 2023, 08:15:09 am »
I see Henderson has given an interview to The Athletic.

* Did Not Feel Wanted
* Saudi Move Not Money Motivated (Arf)
* Sorry For LGBTQ+ Hurt (but the money presumably makes him feel better)
* Wants To Respect Religion/Culture (well, some people's)
* Feels He Can Make a Positive Change

Add liar to hypocrite.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #338 on: September 5, 2023, 08:16:48 am »
Henderson interview with The Athletic awful

If one of those people (Klopp or FSG) said to me, “Now we want you to stay”, then we wouldn’t be having this conversation. Now, that’s not to say that they forced me out of the club, but at no point did I feel wanted by the club or anyone to stay."

"If I wear the rainbow armband, if that disrespects their religion, then that’s not right either."

"Everybody should be respectful of religion and culture. That’s what I think we’re all trying to fight for here in terms of inclusion and everything."

"You know, years ago, for instance, women or kids probably couldn’t play football, but now I’m over there and there’s loads of women and girls playing football, so slowly things can change."
>:(

that 2nd quote disgraceful imo

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #339 on: September 5, 2023, 08:17:17 am »
What a fucking twat.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #340 on: September 5, 2023, 08:20:19 am »

Is the second a Gerrard quote or a Henderson quote? (Confused as it's in the former's thread.) Either way, despicable thing to say.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #341 on: September 5, 2023, 08:22:32 am »

Fucking c*nt. If wearing the rainbow armbands disrespects their belief in a sky fairy, then don't fucking go there and take their money, show some backbone.

Jurgen YNWA

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #342 on: September 5, 2023, 08:23:26 am »
Is the second a Gerrard quote or a Henderson quote? (Confused as it's in the former's thread.) Either way, despicable thing to say.

The Henderson thread got deleted
Jurgen YNWA

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #343 on: September 5, 2023, 08:23:41 am »
Fucking hell, it's gonna be worse than I thought, that 2nd one is just grim, he's certainly changed his tune a hell of a lot, funny what greed does hey. And he can get to fuck blaming Jurgen, he had a contract, the manager didn't need to beg him to stay, in fact after his last 18 months of performances it should have been him begging the manager not to be kicked out.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #344 on: September 5, 2023, 08:24:34 am »
Henderson.
just an awful interview

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #345 on: September 5, 2023, 08:26:44 am »
Garbage interview

Online RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #346 on: September 5, 2023, 08:28:30 am »

He’s blatantly lying as well. That’s a disgrace.

Just say a big offer came and couldn’t turn it down. Simple.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #347 on: September 5, 2023, 08:30:27 am »
As someone who was always defending him when he played for us, he can get to fuck after that interview. The second quote was just awful and as for blaming Klopp for not asking him to stay, didn't he have a contract with us? I didn't like his answer when they said about going to somewhere else in the Premier League either; I think they used Brighton as an example, which is a much better and more worthy challenge, than the one he's signed up too.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #348 on: September 5, 2023, 08:30:49 am »
If one of those people (Klopp or FSG) said to me, “Now we want you to stay”, then we wouldn’t be having this conversation. Now, that’s not to say that they forced me out of the club, but at no point did I feel wanted by the club or anyone to stay."

Mate, you still had the captains armband. It's not like they Harry Maguire'd you.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #349 on: September 5, 2023, 08:31:12 am »
The only reason he's given this interview is to appease England fans, it's not for Liverpool fans benefit, if that was the case he'd have came out with this shite the week after moving.

He's digging himself a bigger hole, he'd be better off shutting the fuck up.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #350 on: September 5, 2023, 08:32:40 am »
The Henderson thread got deleted
Thanks. So Henderson is trying to blame Klopp and the club for not 'wanting' him enough that he felt able to turn down the blood-money. He then tries to excuse the human rights abuses of the Saudi regime as cultural. As an attempt to massage his image, it's a disaster. As a testimony to his character, it speaks volumes. He's a shit. And I hope he's never invited back to Anfield in the future - that needs to be made clear to the club liaison people.

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #351 on: September 5, 2023, 08:33:20 am »
If it wasn’t about money and he didn’t want to play against us, I’m sure Sunderland would have had him back to play alongside their youthful team, on a pittance.

Dreadful interview.
AHA!

Offline Butter Keks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #352 on: September 5, 2023, 08:34:23 am »
Made a c*nt of himself there. He was given the captains armband, something people can only dream of and he's seen his arse because we haven't begged him to stay? Fucking get over yourself lad and enjoy the blood money.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #353 on: September 5, 2023, 08:34:43 am »
As someone who was always defending him when he played for us, he can get to fuck after that interview. The second quote was just awful and as for blaming Klopp for not asking him to stay, didn't he have a contract with us? I didn't like his answer when they said about going to somewhere else in the Premier League either; I think they used Brighton as an example, which is a much better and more worthy challenge, than the one he's signed up too.

4 year contract he signed in 2021, he was guaranteed £7.8 million in wages a season, plus bonuses, until 2025. As BarryCrocker said, he was still the captain ffs.

Just another fucking greedy liar. Just admit you don't give a fuck about anything but money.
Jurgen YNWA

Online RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #354 on: September 5, 2023, 08:34:44 am »
If it wasn’t about money and he didn’t want to play against us, I’m sure Sunderland would have had him back to play alongside their youthful team, on a pittance.

Dreadful interview.

Is that what he said? He didn't want to play against us? I've only seen quotes out of the interview. It's dreaful.

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #355 on: September 5, 2023, 08:36:31 am »

Fuck off Henderson. What a sportswashed prick he has become.

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #356 on: September 5, 2023, 08:38:05 am »
Henderson and Gerrard are two peas in a pod. Horrible c*nts. Thank fuck we managed to get rid of that toxic rat in the summer. Good riddance.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #357 on: September 5, 2023, 08:40:32 am »
That interview is a car crash, not a single good part of it.

What a spoilt petulant egotistical prick he really was.

Offline Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #358 on: September 5, 2023, 08:46:23 am »
Shocking interview.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #359 on: September 5, 2023, 08:46:30 am »
So the opportunity to be the lead player in a 'Mickey Mouse' competition outweighs the role of being the captain of the most successful club in the best competition in the world.

A bit like Tom Brady/Aaron Rodgers joining the Saskatchewan Roughriders in the CFL but for 3x the money.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.