Author Topic: No more Martin Tyler  (Read 9543 times)

Offline SvenJohansen

• Fast single-handed action expert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
No more Martin Tyler
« on: June 17, 2023, 11:30:15 am »
Rejoice!!!!!!
Just read that Martin Tyler has retired. Oh happy days!!

I don’t know how to put a link up but I read it on Caught Offside

Hope it’s true.
I feel a little strange inside
A little bit of Jekyll, a little Mr. Hyde

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
Re: No more Martin Tyler
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2023, 11:32:45 am »
Good riddance.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2023, 11:40:42 am »
Good news, more Clive Tyldesley hopefully
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2023, 11:42:31 am »
I thought this post was about him dying.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2023, 11:44:14 am »

;D  that  would be quite a harsh thread title
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2023, 11:53:08 am »
Should have been a lot sooner.

Neville is the real poison there though.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline SvenJohansen

• Fast single-handed action expert.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2023, 11:53:25 am »

Yes maybe it needs a change of title but we won’t have to suffer him on our matches ever again.
I feel a little strange inside
A little bit of Jekyll, a little Mr. Hyde

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2023, 12:01:53 pm »
Thank fuck for that.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2023, 12:05:20 pm »
Careful what you whish for.

Rumours going round Fletcher is being lined up to replace Tyler at sky, & Tyler is only leaving sky, & is replacing Fletcher at TNT Sports BT Sports will be TNT Sports from tomorrow.

Oh other rumours & Geoff Shreeves has been asked to take a pay cut if he wants to continue at sky, sounds like sky are doing load of cost cutting a load of the football reporters have left too.
#Sausages

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2023, 12:07:24 pm »
Obviously an accomplished broadcaster with an incredible career to look back on but he was ‘done’ and has been for a while.

I don’t think he dislikes Liverpool I just think his narrative-driven approach contaminated his style to the extent that his reactions to things weren’t always in keeping with the action. He liked telling the story we were supposed to be watching rather than the one that was unfolding. Very irritating.

Underwhelming commentary when Liverpool scored were annoying but I think rival fans say similar stuff.

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2023, 12:14:11 pm »
Underwhelming commentary when Liverpool scored were annoying but I think rival fans say similar stuff.

If you truly want the most atrocious reaction to a goal, check out Tyler's commentary for Enciso's goal against Arsenal in Brighton's 3-0 away win at Arsenal last month. Genuinely hideous stuff.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2023, 12:17:34 pm »
Obviously an accomplished broadcaster with an incredible career to look back on but he was ‘done’ and has been for a while.

I don’t think he dislikes Liverpool I just think his narrative-driven approach contaminated his style to the extent that his reactions to things weren’t always in keeping with the action. He liked telling the story we were supposed to be watching rather than the one that was unfolding. Very irritating.

While he might not actively dislike Liverpool (I think he did though) he had been past it for so long that even great moves from teams that weren't his favourite few didn't get the response they deserved, while the slightest little thing from a manc side got him going mental by comparison.

That's why a lot of rival fans made that accusation as well, it was true for their teams too as he'd been useless at his job for so long.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2023, 12:19:22 pm »
Should have been a lot sooner.

Neville is the real poison there though.

They played off each other as their biases aligned, ideally they'd both be gone from commentary, but at least one of them being gone should help matters, providing that the main commentators doesn't look at Neville as being the senior part of that new partnership and defer to him.

Offline lfcthekop

• knows how to inbed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2023, 12:20:25 pm »
This guy had martin tyler summed up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyQ5SxLR11g&t=129s

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2023, 12:21:29 pm »
RIP
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2023, 12:21:59 pm »
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2023, 12:30:31 pm »

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2023, 12:39:06 pm »
;D  that  would be quite a harsh thread title

;D

This guy had martin tyler summed up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyQ5SxLR11g&t=129s

This guy's videos is the only thing I'll miss about Tyler going.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2023, 01:00:49 pm »
While he might not actively dislike Liverpool (I think he did though) he had been past it for so long that even great moves from teams that weren't his favourite few didn't get the response they deserved, while the slightest little thing from a manc side got him going mental by comparison.

That's why a lot of rival fans made that accusation as well, it was true for their teams too as he'd been useless at his job for so long.
RedCafe think he loves Liverpool.

Fans obsess too much about the media being biased against them - broadly irrational in the main. Tyler just pitched his commentary poorly quite a lot.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2023, 01:04:02 pm »
RedCafe think he loves Liverpool.

Fans obsess too much about the media being biased against them - broadly irrational in the main. Tyler just pitched his commentary poorly quite a lot.

They are clearly fucking idiots then.

Tyler was shite to most clubs, with a few notable exceptions and fans were right to complain about him, but there are more than enough examples to suggest it went further than that with us.

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2023, 01:08:03 pm »
My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2023, 01:13:18 pm »
They are clearly fucking idiots then.

Tyler was shite to most clubs, with a few notable exceptions and fans were right to complain about him, but there are more than enough examples to suggest it went further than that with us.
Are there more examples or are we just aware and sensitive to these examples?

Liverpool are one of Sky’s biggest cash cows. Huge ratings and on loads of live games. Why would Sky allow a hostile anti-Liverpool commentator to oversee so many games? It’s not logical.

The fact is that Tyler was a spent tired force who was losing his touch.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2023, 01:16:47 pm »
Liverpool are one of Sky’s biggest cash cows. Huge ratings and on loads of live games. Why would Sky allow a hostile anti-Liverpool commentator to oversee so many games? It’s not logical.

Huge ratings due to us, but also to those tuning in to hate us, did you miss how the cheats were cheered on by everyone in those title races?

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2023, 01:21:02 pm »
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2023, 01:21:46 pm »

Nah! He was (is) a snide c*nt!

Grab a beer or a coffee and have a quick read of just one example...

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/martin-tyler-hillsborough-hooligan-interview-b2138846.html

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2023, 01:22:02 pm »

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2023, 01:30:07 pm »
What's Che Neville going to do for a reach around now?

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2023, 01:38:48 pm »
What's Che Neville going to do for a reach around now?

Carra staying put, surely?

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2023, 01:44:34 pm »
Looking forward to the season even more now!!!

Should have been gone after that tainted Aguero moment, that would have been a perfect way to end, he was 66 years old then.

Good riddance.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2023, 01:52:19 pm »
Nah! He was (is) a snide c*nt!

Grab a beer or a coffee and have a quick read of just one example...

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/martin-tyler-hillsborough-hooligan-interview-b2138846.html
That was unacceptable and awful for a professional experienced broadcaster but I think it was terribly sloppy rather than malicious. Rightly condemned with full apology delivered.

I’m not defending Tyler from a broader perspective - I don’t like him particularly - I’m just not fully into the anti-Liverpool stuff. Go on GOT, RedCafe, BlueMoon - it’s the same stuff as here.

And we can’t just say “Yeah but we have a point, they’re just tinfoil hat wearing weirdos”. Fans - of all colours - are weirdos and see bias everywhere. It’s pretty exhausting and largely in our heads.

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2023, 01:57:24 pm »
I enjoyed his commentary in the 90s and early 00s. Lately he has been abysmal though, and clearly has it in for us. I doubt it’s the last we’ve heard from him.
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2023, 02:05:09 pm »
I enjoyed his commentary in the 90s and early 00s. Lately he has been abysmal though, and clearly has it in for us. I doubt it’s the last we’ve heard from him.
yeah he appears to commentate on every fucking game for some station somewhere
YNWA

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2023, 02:06:08 pm »

I've said several times that the fact we are one of Sky's cash cows would make you think they show us a bit more respect than pairing Neville and Tyler against us. MUTV would be fairer to us. It's the slyness as well
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2023, 02:08:01 pm »
That was unacceptable and awful for a professional experienced broadcaster but I think it was terribly sloppy rather than malicious. Rightly condemned with full apology delivered.

Hardly that, was it?

His apology was a classic 'non-apology apology' statement - along the lines of 'I am sorry for any misunderstanding... in that you misunderstood, and not for what I actually said'.

Fair enough though, if you think that was a 'full apology delivered'.

Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2023, 02:08:32 pm »
I've said several times that the fact we are one of Sky's cash cows would make you think they show us a bit more respect than pairing Neville and Tyler against us. MUTV would be fairer to us. It's the slyness as well

Neville should be no where near our matches.

He’s so biased.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Red Ol

• 82 years in this crazy world and still plays with Lego
  • Legacy Fan
  • Children of the night. What music they make.
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2023, 02:10:53 pm »
Thank goodness for that, but about 10 years or more late in coming. Remember his absolute flat monotone delivery … almost a groan .. when Benteke hit that great overhead against United. Up until then I thought people had maybe exaggerated his bias a bit but no, he was clearly behind one team that day and it wasn’t Liverpool. . Won’t be missed. Just need to bin Neville now.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2023, 02:14:56 pm »
Good news, more Clive Tyldesley hopefully

Not for me, Clive.

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2023, 02:23:20 pm »
About time, he will not be missed.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2023, 02:27:53 pm »
I won't miss his dour, miserable, biased commentary one bit.

He could suck the joy out of any occasion.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2023, 02:29:45 pm »