Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023 (FSG posts = get muted) - No Mbappé  (Read 3150874 times)

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023 (FSG posts = get muted) - No Mbappé
« Reply #79160 on: April 28, 2024, 04:14:50 pm »
Hey fellow transfer nerds. I am at the FC Copenhagen match today, starts in 45 minutes. Any wingers I should scout for us while I am here

Online Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79161 on: April 28, 2024, 04:17:30 pm »
With Edwards being back I expect the new Mane, the new Fabinho and the new Virgil to be signed in the summer. Get it done!

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79162 on: April 28, 2024, 04:18:17 pm »
If Slot loves wingers as much as reported then I wouldn’t be selling Diaz.

Online Garlic Red

• Kopite
  • Pop n crisp
« Reply #79163 on: April 28, 2024, 04:18:26 pm »
Hey fellow transfer nerds. I am at the FC Copenhagen match today, starts in 45 minutes. Any wingers I should scout for us while I am here

Roony Bardghji if he’s fit.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79164 on: April 28, 2024, 04:19:03 pm »

Yeah its unlikely. We are better off keeping him anyway as general he doesnt get injured much.

Online Garlic Red

• Kopite
  • Pop n crisp
« Reply #79165 on: April 28, 2024, 04:22:18 pm »

I’d keep him, I think he’s brilliant. But it was reported by one of the bigger papers that PSG were interested. There have been numerous links with Barcelona too and his dad speaks a lot. It’s all hypothetical.

The only players I think we should be looking at moving this summer are Salah and Tsimikas, with Matip and Thiago already gone. However, if a player asks to leave we shouldn’t stand in their way, we aren’t a small club.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79166 on: April 28, 2024, 04:23:14 pm »
Interesting seeing some of the sides in high positions across the leagues. Monaco 2nd in Ligue 1 and Brest 4th, Bologna 4th in Serie A, Stuttgart 3rd in Bundesliga. I wonder if these are sides we could look at for talented players who could step up and dont cost obscene amounts

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79167 on: April 28, 2024, 04:27:53 pm »
Roony Bardghji if he’s fit.

On the bench so will keep an eye out

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #79168 on: April 28, 2024, 04:32:21 pm »
Why the fuck is Gordon being discussed :lmao

Diving cheat, would cost way more than he’s worth and flat out isn’t coming here. Likely isn’t even being looked at ffs
because it would piss off our blue brethren

Is that not enough? ;D
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline KC7

• Main Stander
« Reply #79169 on: April 28, 2024, 04:35:16 pm »
Problem here is many don't see Trent as a "6" without a very strong, powerful DM alongside him.

And Mac Allister better as an "8".

Is the solution, playing Sboz wide forward, off a striker, swapping Macca there and then you
sign a beast to mind the shop alongside Trent?

Right. Mental how some haven't learned a thing from the past two seasons.

Trent and Mac as the two deep midfielders next season and Mr Slot will be looking for a new job before the season is out.

No DM means no defensive protection means no restriction to the opposition to our back line.

The one real regret is that Jurgen isn't staying one more season as that's the position he would definitely target (did at the end of the window but that got desperate and ultimately we got what we got). That one quality addition and we'd have been good to go. No more having the advanced midfielders (Mac, Jones and and Dom) be restricted by having to stay close to the slow 6 so as not to leave him exposed, no more moving Mac into a position which is alien to him,  just a functioning midfield with a quality 6 doing his job, helping the back line, and allowing the 8s to do theres without having to babysit him.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2024, 04:46:49 pm by KC7 »

Online Garlic Red

• Kopite
  • Pop n crisp
« Reply #79170 on: April 28, 2024, 04:51:21 pm »
Interesting seeing some of the sides in high positions across the leagues. Monaco 2nd in Ligue 1 and Brest 4th, Bologna 4th in Serie A, Stuttgart 3rd in Bundesliga. I wonder if these are sides we could look at for talented players who could step up and dont cost obscene amounts

Zirkzee is being heavily linked with Arsenal at the moment, he’s at Bologna and formerly of Bayern.

Akliouche at Monaco has had a bit of a breakthrough season. I think Minamino’s had a good year for them as well, finally found his level.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79171 on: April 28, 2024, 04:54:00 pm »
because it would piss off our blue brethren

Is that not enough? ;D

Hahahah Touché Tepid

Well played

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79172 on: April 28, 2024, 04:56:10 pm »
Honestly have no idea who you even go for if you’re looking for a defensive mid. Like the look of Palacios at Leverkusen’s numbers but bad injury record.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #79173 on: April 28, 2024, 05:01:22 pm »
It will be interesting to see who leave just as mush as who comes in. That may dictate who we go after.

Possibly leaving my guess would be.

Kellegher
Tmisikas
Salah
Carvalho
Philips
Van De Berg
Williams

Loans

Gordon
Doak
Beck
Clarke
Bajetic
Danns
Koumas
McConnell

Y.N.W.A.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79174 on: April 28, 2024, 05:02:56 pm »
Honestly have no idea who you even go for if you’re looking for a defensive mid. Like the look of Palacios at Leverkusen’s numbers but bad injury record.

Yeah its really slim pickings. In my opinion we should have made a big bid for Rice in 2022.

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #79175 on: April 28, 2024, 05:05:14 pm »

We've been linked with Alan Varela at Porto for a year. Slot coaches Mats Wieffer at Feyenoord. And my fellow mongoose Andre of Fluminense still hasn't been snatched up. I would go for the latter, obviously.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79176 on: April 28, 2024, 05:08:46 pm »

I liked look of Ederson at Atalanta against us. His stats and age profile well too.

Not an outright destroyer, but in a double pivot could provide that power and presence we need.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79177 on: April 28, 2024, 05:09:31 pm »

Varela
Wieffer
Andre
Onana
Geertruida
Bajcetic maybe

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79178 on: April 28, 2024, 05:10:13 pm »
Varela
Wieffer
Andre
Onana
Geertruida
Bajcetic maybe

Its so poor a list that. Can imagine we swerve a number 6 again this summer.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79179 on: April 28, 2024, 05:11:05 pm »
Right. Mental how some haven't learned a thing from the past two seasons.

Trent and Mac as the two deep midfielders next season and Mr Slot will be looking for a new job before the season is out.

No DM means no defensive protection means no restriction to the opposition to our back line.

The one real regret is that Jurgen isn't staying one more season as that's the position he would definitely target (did at the end of the window but that got desperate and ultimately we got what we got). That one quality addition and we'd have been good to go. No more having the advanced midfielders (Mac, Jones and and Dom) be restricted by having to stay close to the slow 6 so as not to leave him exposed, no more moving Mac into a position which is alien to him,  just a functioning midfield with a quality 6 doing his job, helping the back line, and allowing the 8s to do theres without having to babysit him.
A Mac-Trent pivot is not solid enough physically.

That's one of our priorities this summer i.e adding a top midfielder that's tall, fast, strong, good in the air and on the ball.

We lack that kind of player in the middle.

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79180 on: April 28, 2024, 05:12:04 pm »
There's a lot of chat about the attack but in reality our defence is going to cost us this league more than profligacy from the forwards, although obviously that hasn't helped. Question is, how do we fix it. My sense is an athletic DM really helps. But we've also struggled when pressed and so we need someone who is much more press resistant than Endo. Especially if Trent is going to play alongside them in a double pivot because he needs the play in front of him. Although if it were up to me I'd be playing Trent RB or benching him until he is willing to try defensively but his contract situation makes that difficult.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2024, 05:15:29 pm by Knight »

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79181 on: April 28, 2024, 05:12:54 pm »

And that would be a big mistake, we’re not winning the league without a good one at the very minimum.

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79182 on: April 28, 2024, 05:12:59 pm »
Yeah its really slim pickings. In my opinion we should have made a big bid for Rice in 2022.

I don't think it is actually, KH. There are quite a few who you'd expect would be a significant upgrade on Endo (no disrespect to him).

Geertruide gives us cover all along the backline. We could put him at LB in the champs league and against top-half teams in the PL, then play Owen Back against the grocks of the league and get him blooded in. Bring Andre in at DM. I still think there's a way we can pry Xavi Simons out of PSG - he really looks like the standout wing option to me, though it seems like he has been mainly featured through the middle.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79183 on: April 28, 2024, 05:13:24 pm »
Varela
Wieffer
Andre
Onana
Geertruida
Bajcetic maybe

Fofana?

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79184 on: April 28, 2024, 05:15:47 pm »
I don't think it is actually, KH. There are quite a few who you'd expect would be a significant upgrade on Endo (no disrespect to him).

Geertruide gives us cover all along the backline. We could put him at LB in the champs league and against top-half teams in the PL, then play Owen Back against the grocks of the league and get him blooded in. Bring Andre in at DM. I still think there's a way we can pry Xavi Simons out of PSG - he really looks like the standout wing option to me, though it seems like he has been mainly featured through the middle.

Watching Andre he doesnt strike me as the sort of defensive midfielder we need. City and Arsenal have players who are 6ft, strong and good on the ball and Andre isnt as big.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79185 on: April 28, 2024, 05:16:40 pm »

This is not aimed at just you but it does irritate me a little seeing this same thing posted often,  people say this stuff so often without having seen the mention players even kick a ball. How many of those have you seen play over 3 times?

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79186 on: April 28, 2024, 05:17:08 pm »
Fofana?

More of an 8.
And that would be a big mistake, we’re not winning the league without a good one at the very minimum.

There are not many good ones about. We made a big mistake just sitting on our hands in summer 2022 for Rice.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79187 on: April 28, 2024, 05:18:15 pm »
This is not aimed at you personally but it does irritate me a little,  people say this stuff so often without having seen the mention players even kick a ball. How many of those have you seen play over 3 times?

Ive seen Varela, Onana, Andre play.

Offline red mongoose

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79188 on: April 28, 2024, 05:19:48 pm »
Watching Andre he doesnt strike me as the sort of defensive midfielder we need. City and Arsenal have players who are 6ft, strong and good on the ball and Andre isnt as big.

He's really rapid and tenacious, which I think are the most important qualities we need in there - decent on the ball, too. I don't necessarily think height at that position should be a deal breaker. Having said that, we've collectively forgotten how to defend set pieces, so maybe it will be important.

Offline Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79189 on: April 28, 2024, 05:22:40 pm »
He's really rapid and tenacious, which I think are the most important qualities we need in there - decent on the ball, too. I don't necessarily think height at that position should be a deal breaker. Having said that, we've collectively forgotten how to defend set pieces, so maybe it will be important.

We should have signed him instead of one of the 8’s we ended up signing last summer.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79190 on: April 28, 2024, 05:25:48 pm »
Ive seen Varela, Onana, Andre play.

How much though? What i'm getting at is have you seen these players enough to really form a fair judgement on their ability, suitability to this league etc

I've seen Yildiz play but you're fucked if you expect me to say whether he's a good target for us, i've not seen him nearly enough to say either way and fairly if he's suitable

/

We're also in the position of being in that space where people are gonna be fixated on what Klopp wants/wanted and forming opinions on that. Watch a 6 foot plus DM still be a demand even when Klopp goes, Mac isn't that big but has performed excellently as a holding mid. Height doesn't dictate ability there or suitability. Smaller DMs can be sublime
« Last Edit: April 28, 2024, 05:27:44 pm by RyanBabel19 »

Offline red mongoose

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79191 on: April 28, 2024, 05:26:42 pm »
We should have signed him instead of one of the 8’s we ended up signing last summer.

I tried my best, mate, but they don't listen to me.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #79192 on: April 28, 2024, 05:31:27 pm »
I wonder what the odds are that we get linked with Koopmeiners (again). He's been quoted as saying he wants to leave Atalanta.

Offline Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79193 on: April 28, 2024, 05:32:24 pm »
How much though? What i'm getting at is have you seen these players enough to really form a fair judgement on their ability, suitability to this league etc

I've seen Yildiz play but you're fucked if you expect me to say whether he's a good target for us, i've not seen him nearly enough to say either way and fairly if he's suitable

/

We're also in the position of being in that space where people are gonna be fixated on what Klopp wants/wanted and forming opinions on that. Watch a 6 foot plus DM still be a demand even when Klopp goes, Mac isn't that big but has performed excellently as a holding mid. Height doesn't dictate ability there or suitability. Smaller DMs can be sublime

Most managers in this league would prefer a 6ft plus DM, both the best DMs in the league in Rice and Rodri fit this template.

Online Garlic Red

• Kopite
  • Pop n crisp
« Reply #79194 on: April 28, 2024, 05:36:14 pm »
Most managers in this league would prefer a 6ft plus DM, both the best DMs in the league in Rice and Rodri fit this template.

Makelele, Kante, Mascherano or Matic - if all four were coming through now aged 22 and available for the same fee, which one would you sign for us?

Offline Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79195 on: April 28, 2024, 05:38:40 pm »
Makelele, Kante, Mascherano or Matic - if all four were coming through now aged 22 and available for the same fee, which one would you sign for us?

I would take any one of them to be honest.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79196 on: April 28, 2024, 05:39:20 pm »

Matts Weiffer, 6 foot 2, good on the ball, strong off it. Knows the new manager.

We were linked last summer.

Online Knight

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79197 on: April 28, 2024, 05:39:56 pm »

The 8s are great, I'm glad we've got all 3 of them albeit there are question marks over Szoboslai and Gravenberch (although he was outstanding yesterday). We should have signed him instead of Endo.

Offline Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79198 on: April 28, 2024, 05:40:49 pm »
Matts Weiffer, 6 foot 2, good on the ball, strong off it. Knows the new manager.

We were linked last summer.

Doesn’t look the most athletic though does he?

Online Knight

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79199 on: April 28, 2024, 05:40:51 pm »
I would take any one of them to be honest.

Definitely. But the answer is Kante. Kante was an absolute cheat code at his best.