Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023 (FSG posts = get muted)  (Read 3253669 times)

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023 (FSG posts = get muted) - No Mbappé
« Reply #77560 on: March 16, 2024, 03:44:24 pm »
One's a full back and one's a forward.. no idea why they would even be compared?
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Online MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77561 on: March 16, 2024, 03:49:04 pm »
just comparing as at same club.
Neto ruled out for the season btw
Surely we look elsewhere now

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77562 on: March 16, 2024, 03:54:24 pm »
just comparing as at same club.
Neto ruled out for the season btw
Surely we look elsewhere now

Was crazy he was being suggested, obviously quality but not much use if he’s never on the pitch and probably only gets worse at a bigger club with the games and intensity required.

Arsenal continue their run of teams having their best players out v them, no doubt he’ll make a cameo appearance v us on the last day   ;D

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #77563 on: March 16, 2024, 04:19:00 pm »
Think people are going to be surprised how depressed the transfer market is this summer.

I think we all got an early indication of this with the January window.

I've been saying this for a while. A lot will hinge on the outcome of the inevitable Forest and Everton appeals, but right now the days of teams spending their way into oblivion looks to be over

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #77564 on: March 16, 2024, 04:39:46 pm »
I wasn't specifically pointing you out, seeing that last week just rubbed me the wrong way.

I could say the same of Trent, neither of them are as consistently effective as they were from 2018-2020. We rarely went a game without one of them getting an assist and that was usually accompanied with a clean sheet. I think a lot of it is down to the fact we play a different system now.

Yeah, that was their greatest run in the side up to now. Trent you'd fancy to get back to that level given the years ahead of him, and he'd been very good this season until getting injured. I still don't think I've ever seen a team with two full backs so influential playing at the highest level, Leverkusen are doing well with their wingbacks at the minute, chipping in with the goals, but they aren't playing anywhere near to the level we were.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77565 on: March 16, 2024, 05:22:13 pm »
I've been saying this for a while. A lot will hinge on the outcome of the inevitable Forest and Everton appeals, but right now the days of teams spending their way into oblivion looks to be over

Puts us in a good position should we wish to strengthen with a few players - Barca & Chelsea in particular could be plucked of players. Wolves and Villa too in prem, sure there are others.

Will be interesting if that plays part of our plans for any recruitment.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77566 on: March 16, 2024, 08:56:56 pm »
Puts us in a good position should we wish to strengthen with a few players - Barca & Chelsea in particular could be plucked of players. Wolves and Villa too in prem, sure there are others.

Will be interesting if that plays part of our plans for any recruitment.

Those 4 clubs have got so few players that’d actually strengthen us. Who might, realistically and ignoring the potential bargains available, would we actually want?

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77567 on: March 16, 2024, 09:09:57 pm »
Those 4 clubs have got so few players that’d actually strengthen us. Who might, realistically and ignoring the potential bargains available, would we actually want?

Araujo or Balde from Barca, maybe Colwill or Maatsen from Chelsea. Ait Nouri from Wolves.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77568 on: March 16, 2024, 09:09:59 pm »

The positions to look for would be LB and wide forward. Possibly CB, if we can find an aerially competent and very quick CB and we're not going to give Sepp a go. The other areas are all well-stocked with proven youngsters.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77569 on: March 16, 2024, 09:32:45 pm »
The positions to look for would be LB and wide forward. Possibly CB, if we can find an aerially competent and very quick CB and we're not going to give Sepp a go. The other areas are all well-stocked with proven youngsters.

Yeah for me this is the order of priority:
LB
Left footed wide forward. Perhaps right footed if Diaz/Gapko leave.
CB
DM - hopefully Bacjetic makes this unnecessary though.

Is Ait Nouri good enough? He could be an option from Wolves. No one at Villa is good enough. Barcelona have some good young midfielders but they’re not DMs. We could probably make something of quite a few Chelsea players but Chelsea might have ruined them. Stay clear I reckon.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2024, 09:36:22 pm by Knight »

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #77570 on: March 16, 2024, 09:44:36 pm »
LB
CB

Is Ait Nouri good enough? He could be an option from Wolves. No one at Villa is good enough. Barcelona have some good young midfielders but they’re not DMs. We could probably make something of quite a few Chelsea players but Chelsea might have ruined them. Stay clear I reckon.

I would say that Moussa Diaby is potentially worth taking a chance on at a reasonable price. I liked him before Villa snatched him up, but I don't know what his underlying numbers have been like there, nor would I understand what they meant if you showed them to me. And you wouldn't get him for a reasonable price. I guess my point is that he might be good enough to play for us.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77571 on: March 16, 2024, 10:05:43 pm »
I would say that Moussa Diaby is potentially worth taking a chance on at a reasonable price. I liked him before Villa snatched him up, but I don't know what his underlying numbers have been like there, nor would I understand what they meant if you showed them to me. And you wouldn't get him for a reasonable price. I guess my point is that he might be good enough to play for us.

Diaby is not really rated by Villa fans. Doesn't make their starting 11 at present either.

It was the same with Bailey last season though and he has come good.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #77572 on: March 16, 2024, 10:16:53 pm »
Do you reckon? Wirtz looks an amazing player but always felt there is something really special about Musiala.
Musiala all day long, for me.

This kid will be challenging Jude Bellingham for the Ballon D'Or soon enough.

If it's possible, the Club should go all out for him.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #77573 on: March 16, 2024, 10:25:54 pm »
LB
CB

There's a fair few players in the league who could do a decent job for us, but it's usually mostly pointless buying from PL clubs because of the prices. That might be a bit different this summer with FFP now taken more seriously. Chelsea wouldn't sell to us anyway.

Agree with Villa though, I wouldn't take anyone there. I like Watkins but we're well stocked in that area (and the price would be stupid, same with Bowen at West Ham).
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77574 on: March 16, 2024, 11:23:55 pm »
There's a fair few players in the league who could do a decent job for us, but it's usually mostly pointless buying from PL clubs because of the prices. That might be a bit different this summer with FFP now taken more seriously. Chelsea wouldn't sell to us anyway.

They might do if their players are running down their contracts, and only have 7 years left on their contract before they potentially leave on a free.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77575 on: March 16, 2024, 11:59:12 pm »

Agree with Villa though, I wouldn't take anyone there. I like Watkins but we're well stocked in that area (and the price would be stupid, same with Bowen at West Ham).
PL (even European) prices are inflated to be fair especially considering the tighter FFP limits now. Explains why clubs are more willing to buy unproven young players with huge potential and develop them themselves. It's still possible to get gems like Endo but it's difficult.

Even Madrid splashed big money for Endrick.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2024, 12:01:07 am by MonsLibpool »

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #77576 on: March 17, 2024, 12:00:41 pm »
Do you reckon? Wirtz looks an amazing player but always felt there is something really special about Musiala.
After the chatter yesterday, I went and watched his all-touch video v Darmstadt and yeah, he’s the one. Way more inventive than he was in my mind - tiny sample size - but I’ve seen enough across the last two seasons to say I’d not bat an eyelid if we paid a Caicedo-sized fee for him.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77577 on: March 17, 2024, 12:04:32 pm »
They might do if their players are running down their contracts, and only have 7 years left on their contract before they potentially leave on a free.

I'm not sure Chelsea is a great place to look for bargains. Their entire squad will be on massive wages and will likely expect similar wherever they go, and the fact that they went to that circus to begin with potentially says a lot about their priorities.

Hopefully they're forced to sell off a bunch of kids just to keep within the rules, while their entire first team sticks around for the next 5 years, crippling them financially.

I'm sure Arsenal and United will come in with their cheque books and bail them out though.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77578 on: March 17, 2024, 12:15:17 pm »
There was whisperings on the Athletic podcast that Chelsea officials have already unofficially approached key Premier League figures to pressurise them if other clubs don’t sign their players this summer - almost pre-warning of a conspiracy that other teams will want to contribute to them getting a points deduction.

Whilst I don’t think it’s actually a wild thought - albeit inappropriate to voice to the governing body, they can’t make a club sign anyone - I think Chelsea are so poor right now that teams will see the benefit of picking up their players over the damage it does to Chelsea to have a points deduction. For example, if you offered me Maatsen and Colwill or a 10 point Chelsea deduction, I’d 100% be taking the players.

Gallagher, Chalobah, Maatsen, Broja, Colwill, James would all be 100% profit, albeit I don’t think they’d sell the latter two. They’re also linked to selling Sterling (loss), Lukaku (loss), Kepa (loss), Cucurella (loss) and Ziyech (loss).

I’d take the two I mentioned before, none of the others are good enough. Colwill’s star hasn’t shone as much this season, he has good numbers as a centre half but fairly poor ones as a full back, however you do need to see it through the lens of Chelsea’s horrible season and Pochettino’s inability to be certain about their shape or where he wants his players positionally. Colwill definitely is more mistake prone than he’d been at Brighton, but he’s still a good prospect.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77579 on: March 17, 2024, 12:16:13 pm »
There was whisperings on the Athletic podcast that Chelsea officials have already unofficially approached key Premier League figures to pressurise them if other clubs don’t sign their players this summer - almost pre-warning of a conspiracy that other teams will want to contribute to them getting a points deduction.

Whilst I don’t think it’s actually a wild thought - albeit inappropriate to voice to the governing body, they can’t make a club sign anyone - I think Chelsea are so poor right now that teams will see the benefit of picking up their players over the damage it does to Chelsea to have a points deduction. For example, if you offered me Maatsen and Colwill or a 10 point Chelsea deduction, I’d 100% be taking the players.

Gallagher, Chalobah, Maatsen, Broja, Colwill, James would all be 100% profit, albeit I don’t think they’d sell the latter two. They’re also linked to selling Sterling (loss), Lukaku (loss), Kepa (loss), Cucurella (loss) and Ziyech (loss).

I’d take the two I mentioned before, none of the others are good enough. Colwill’s star hasn’t shone as much this season, he has good numbers as a centre half but fairly poor ones as a full back, however you do need to see it through the lens of Chelsea’s horrible season and Pochettino’s inability to be certain about their shape or where he wants his players positionally. Colwill definitely is more mistake prone than he’d been at Brighton, but he’s still a good prospect.
We should let them fail PSR and place low bids after the deadline.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77580 on: March 17, 2024, 12:25:13 pm »

Yeah 100%, they're such a nothing team now anyway that if you can get a bargain then it's absolutely worth it. I think their youth players will probably be the biggest targets because they're likely not on massive wages.

Not sure how Chelsea can complain that the players they've given long contracts and big wages to aren't being snapped up by other clubs to bail them out, but after chippy tits called the police over Barkley it's hard to see how anything is off the table.

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77581 on: March 17, 2024, 01:13:14 pm »

Probably true but at same time, they’ve quoted £50m for Broja to Fulham. Their valuations are comical, their transfer business shows this.

Maatsen release clause of 35m though makes him a very good pick up by someone (can’t see Dortmund dropping that on a LB).

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77582 on: March 17, 2024, 01:17:05 pm »
Probably true but at same time, they’ve quoted £50m for Broja to Fulham. Their valuations are comical, their transfer business shows this.

Maatsen release clause of 35m though makes him a very good pick up by someone (can’t see Dortmund dropping that on a LB).
With the move to the 85% rule next year, there's a greater need for them to shift players because their revenue is quite low for a club of their standing.

EPL clubs shouldn't touch any Chelsea player with a bargepole (inflated prices anyway) until they face the consequences for their actions. However,  I suspect Saudi will bail them out

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77583 on: March 17, 2024, 01:19:30 pm »
With the move to the 85% rule next year, there's a greater need for them to shift players because their revenue is quite low for a club of their standing.

EPL clubs shouldn't touch any Chelsea player with a bargepole (inflated prices anyway) until they face the consequences for their actions. However,  I suspect Saudi will bail them out

There are some rumoured, dodgy links between Chelsea and Saudi I believe so probably true.

I’d only take Colwill & Maatsen from them to be honest, but that’s based on a Klopp system. Gallagher will be a good signing for a Prem team.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77584 on: March 17, 2024, 01:27:49 pm »

Fulham have paid £5m for Broja’s loan and he’s managed 4 games and zero goals so far, spending most of his time in the treatment room.

Agreed though, their valuations are insane. They were reportedly hocking Sterling round the league for anyone who’d pay £50m - what they paid - and trying to get £50m back on Cucurella. What they paid can’t be an indicator for what they’re worth, and this talk amongst their fans that they have £300m of easily sellable, non-crucial players is utter fantasy. They may get £45m for Gallagher but almost every other player they’re looking to get shot of probably won’t generate £20m apiece. Sterling for example, on £325,000 a week, been there less than two years, if they sell him this summer they need to make £30m for him to represent anything other than a loss. No one is going to pay that for an increasingly inconsistent, increasingly looking-past-it 30 year old Sterling who’s on those insane wages.

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77585 on: March 17, 2024, 01:32:29 pm »
^^ agreed, joker in pack here is Chelsea’s links to Saudi and if they bail them out in some way.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #77586 on: March 17, 2024, 01:33:45 pm »

"Listen, yes, we fucked up. But if other teams don't act in Chelsea's best interest, it's a conspiracy."
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77587 on: March 17, 2024, 01:46:20 pm »
There are some rumoured, dodgy links between Chelsea and Saudi I believe so probably true.

I’d only take Colwill & Maatsen from them to be honest, but that’s based on a Klopp system. Gallagher will be a good signing for a Prem team.

Vince™
@Blue_Footy
Former Everton chief Keith Wyness:

"There’s going to be a fire sale of talent at Chelsea. My sources have told me that Todd Boehly was down in Saudi Arabia, potentially trying to arrange sales for some players ahead of time.

There is a connection down there. Michael Emenalo is now the supremo of the Saudi Pro League and has a long relationship with Chelsea. It could be that the Saudi League is the big escape hatch for Chelsea. If that’s the case, then they could just about get away without any punishments."

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77588 on: March 17, 2024, 01:49:10 pm »
Vince™
@Blue_Footy
Former Everton chief Keith Wyness:

"There’s going to be a fire sale of talent at Chelsea. My sources have told me that Todd Boehly was down in Saudi Arabia, potentially trying to arrange sales for some players ahead of time.

There is a connection down there. Michael Emenalo is now the supremo of the Saudi Pro League and has a long relationship with Chelsea. It could be that the Saudi League is the big escape hatch for Chelsea. If that’s the case, then they could just about get away without any punishments."

Would involve the players agreeing to go though. Can't see those that have the most value to Chelsea doing that e.g., Colwill, Gallagher, James. Due to buy mainly younger players they don't actually have too many that you'd expect would be happy to go to Saudi.

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77589 on: March 17, 2024, 01:52:46 pm »
Would involve the players agreeing to go though. Can't see those that have the most value to Chelsea doing that e.g., Colwill, Gallagher, James. Due to buy mainly younger players they don't actually have too many that you'd expect would be happy to go to Saudi.
Based on last season, they mainly use the Saudi market to shift older players on massive wages like Sterling and Lukaku.

Normally, they'd have been stuck with them but Saudi can clear their wages off Chelsea's books and still give them a decent fee that lets them break even at the very least. At this stage of their careers, they are more likely to accept the significant pay rise that comes with it.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77590 on: March 17, 2024, 01:55:11 pm »
Based on last season, they mainly use the Saudi market to shift older players on massive wages like Sterling and Lukaku.

Normally, they'd have been stuck with them but Saudi can clear their wages off Chelsea's books and still give them a decent fee that lets them break even at the very least. At this stage of their careers, they are more likely to accept the significant pay rise that comes with it.

Yeah but that's my point though really. They don't have too many players of that type left to shift. I doubt even Sterling or Lukaku would go.

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77591 on: March 17, 2024, 01:58:17 pm »
Yeah but that's my point though really. They don't have too many players of that type left to shift. I doubt even Sterling or Lukaku would go.
Lukaku- https://www.si.com/fannation/soccer/futbol/news/romelu-lukaku-saudi-pro-league-praise-likely-transfer

For Sterling, who knows?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77592 on: March 17, 2024, 01:59:14 pm »
Lukaku- https://www.si.com/fannation/soccer/futbol/news/romelu-lukaku-saudi-pro-league-praise-likely-transfer

For Sterling, who knows?

Quite obvious paid for PR.

Lukaku was in Saudi Arabia this week to play for Roma in a mid-season friendly game against Al-Shabab.

Also he's already turned them down once.

https://football-italia.net/sky-lukaku-turns-down-lucrative-offer-from-saudi-arabia/
« Last Edit: March 17, 2024, 02:01:11 pm by LovelyCushionedHeader »

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77593 on: March 17, 2024, 02:09:00 pm »
I would buy Colwill and make him Quansah's boot cleaner.

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77594 on: March 17, 2024, 02:18:08 pm »
Quite obvious paid for PR.

Also he's already turned them down once.

https://football-italia.net/sky-lukaku-turns-down-lucrative-offer-from-saudi-arabia/
Last season might be due to timing. Given his recent declarations and the fact that Chelsea don't have a lot of options as you pointed, I wouldn't be shocked to see him move there this summer.

Last year, they had more players to sell but this time they'll be a lot more pressure on Lukaku. Chelsea simply can't afford to loan him out again and Italian clubs probably won't pay a fee for him.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77595 on: March 17, 2024, 02:20:56 pm »
Incredibly risky strategy relying on Saudi as Utd found out.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77596 on: March 17, 2024, 02:24:18 pm »
Incredibly risky strategy relying on Saudi as Utd found out.
Surely there needs to be consequences to the link between the former Chelsea sporting director applying political pressure onto domestic Saudi clubs and steering their transfers in order to assist one club in a targeted manner?

What am I talking about, Saudi has money.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77597 on: March 17, 2024, 02:59:00 pm »
Surely there needs to be consequences to the link between the former Chelsea sporting director applying political pressure onto domestic Saudi clubs and steering their transfers in order to assist one club in a targeted manner?

What am I talking about, Saudi has money.

PIF have directly invested in Clearlake who are funding Boehly and his shenanigans. The problem is a lot of the players like Lukaku and Sterling don't help much against ffp they need to sell the players who have come through the academy.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77598 on: March 17, 2024, 06:49:23 pm »
There will be a big clamour to love Gakpo on but personally I’d keep him around as a backup. But would really hope Edwards and Hughes go big on a new forward to freshen up the forward line.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77599 on: March 17, 2024, 06:52:27 pm »
There will be a big clamour to love Gakpo on but personally I’d keep him around as a backup. But would really hope Edwards and Hughes go big on a new forward to freshen up the forward line.

Yeah was a bit one dimensional and slow at the end. We definitely need a bit more pace up there.