Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023 (FSG posts = get muted)  (Read 3249581 times)

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023
« Reply #20800 on: July 12, 2023, 12:55:12 pm »
Jordan Henderson is set to decide on his future in the next 48 hours, with Al-Ettifaq offering him a 50% pay rise.

Henderson has had second thoughts about moving to Saudi and is now giving serious consideration to Al-Ettifaq’s offer.  [@ChrisWheelerDM]

He was one of the first to report on the interest IIRC.

Not a lot compared to the wages other shite players are getting

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #20801 on: July 12, 2023, 12:55:50 pm »
Jordan Henderson is set to decide on his future in the next 48 hours, with Al-Ettifaq offering him a 50% pay rise.

Henderson has had second thoughts about moving to Saudi and is now giving serious consideration to Al-Ettifaq’s offer.  [@ChrisWheelerDM]

Hold out for 100% Jordan lad  ;D

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #20802 on: July 12, 2023, 12:56:04 pm »
He doesn’t seem the sort of lad to go there.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online Oskar

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #20803 on: July 12, 2023, 12:57:09 pm »
Take an easy payday or compete to lift a few more trophies as Liverpool captain - hopefully he makes up his mind soon.

I’d like him to stay, I’d be disappointed to see him go to Saudi Arabia, but it’s not something we need to drag on. He’s not going to play as often for us as he has done in past seasons, if winding his career down in a lesser league appeals more than staying at Liverpool then I wouldn’t wish him luck but also don’t think we’d stand in his way.

Online RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20804 on: July 12, 2023, 12:57:20 pm »
I would be gutted to see Hendo go, especially to there.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20805 on: July 12, 2023, 12:58:36 pm »
Jordan Henderson is set to decide on his future in the next 48 hours, with Al-Ettifaq offering him a 50% pay rise. [@ChrisWheelerDM]

Is that 50% on his gross? If so, that's a massive bump considering 0% tax playing in KSA.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20806 on: July 12, 2023, 12:58:52 pm »
Al-Ettifaq are now ready to approach Liverpool over the signing of Jordan Henderson.

Saudi club offering Henderson a 2 year + 1 year deal and 50% pay rise.

Family initially reluctant but now seriously considering. - @ChrisWheelerDM

He’s 33. So that’s 3 years in great terms.

Has to be seriously considered.

He will be missed if he decides to go but his playing time will be reduced and even more the season after.

Him and his family can’t ignore the offer on the table.

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20807 on: July 12, 2023, 12:59:02 pm »
I just don’t think these are the same scenarios. Henderson can play one, maybe two positions. We can line up Milner all over the pitch and he’s the exception to the rule when it comes to prolonged playing careers.

that is true, but Henderson is a great role model and captain. I believe he could cover any position besides GK and CF when needed... Klopp will not want him to go for sure.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20808 on: July 12, 2023, 01:01:09 pm »
It won't change his England chances either, considering Southgate still selects Kalvin Phillips.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #20809 on: July 12, 2023, 01:01:17 pm »
Losing Henderson and Millie in one window would be quite a big blow to the dressing room leadership.

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20810 on: July 12, 2023, 01:02:22 pm »
Losing Henderson and Millie in one window would be quite a big blow to the dressing room leadership.

exactly, I think Klopp wants him to stay 100% but will listen if he wants to leave...

we would need Lavia AND another player in that case.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20811 on: July 12, 2023, 01:03:31 pm »
Al-Ettifaq are now ready to approach Liverpool over the signing of Jordan Henderson.

Saudi club offering Henderson a 2 year + 1 year deal and 50% pay rise.

Family initially reluctant but now seriously considering. - @ChrisWheelerDM

That's £44m tax free.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20812 on: July 12, 2023, 01:06:41 pm »

The likes of Salah, van Djik, and Robertson are experienced professionals who have won it all at club level and have captained thier international sides at big competitions.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #20813 on: July 12, 2023, 01:07:39 pm »
I just don’t think these are the same scenarios. Henderson can play one, maybe two positions. We can line up Milner all over the pitch and he’s the exception to the rule when it comes to prolonged playing careers.
More importantly, Milner was always a squad player, while Jordan is the captain. I guess hes not that eager to play a smaller role.

Ok with me. If hes not motivated, let him go

Online MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20814 on: July 12, 2023, 01:07:42 pm »
We have Van Dijk,Salah,Allisson,Robertson who all captained their country. We have lots of leaders.
Gakpo captained PSV. Szobolzslai captain of Hungary.
We have plenty of leaders.
Trent will take on more of a leadership role as well

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20815 on: July 12, 2023, 01:07:51 pm »
The likes of Salah, van Djik, and Robertson are experienced professionals who have won it all at club level and have captained thier international sides at big competitions.

True, but losing your captain and vice captain in one window isn't something to dismiss.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20816 on: July 12, 2023, 01:10:31 pm »
At least this won't drag anyway, sounds like we'll know over the next few days at most.

Offline Higgins79

• Legacy Fan
  • return of the king
« Reply #20817 on: July 12, 2023, 01:11:13 pm »
I'd be gutted to see him go, especially in the same window as Milner. How many years does he have left on his contract? I wonder what kind of transfer fee we'd get?

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #20818 on: July 12, 2023, 01:12:02 pm »
True, but losing your captain and vice captain in one window isn't something to dismiss.

I wouldn't dismiss it but look to VVD and Trent.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20819 on: July 12, 2023, 01:12:17 pm »
I'd be gutted if he did go, I'd lose all respect for him.

You'd expect we'd be aiming higher than Lavia though if he did..

Online koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #20820 on: July 12, 2023, 01:12:20 pm »
I'd be gutted to see him go, especially in the same window as Milner. How many years does he have left on his contract? I wonder what kind of transfer fee we'd get?
10m the rumoured fee, fuck all basically.
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline Vote For Pedro

• "Kay-bye!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20821 on: July 12, 2023, 01:12:21 pm »
That's £44m tax free.
Christ and here's me worrying about paying the bills.

Offline Original

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #20822 on: July 12, 2023, 01:12:26 pm »
Gerrard going was a bigger disappointment than if hendo goes, good luck to him if it materialises

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20823 on: July 12, 2023, 01:12:52 pm »
I wouldn't dismiss it but look to VVD and Trent.

VVD yes, I dunno about Trent, it would probably be a new sort of role for him.

Online koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #20824 on: July 12, 2023, 01:13:06 pm »
We had them both last year and were shit.
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline Original

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #20825 on: July 12, 2023, 01:13:58 pm »
We had them both last year and were shit.

This, better players are more important than good leaders, especially if you already have influential players

Online MD1990

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20826 on: July 12, 2023, 01:14:14 pm »
Im not believing these reports.
Henderson wouldnt go to Saudi imo. Maybe drumming up interest around Europe or the PL.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20827 on: July 12, 2023, 01:14:29 pm »
Why buy LFC to sportswash when you can just entice their players and legends? A lot cheaper than shelling out billions for the club itself.

But money can't buy you Jurgen hugs, Jordan. Remember that!
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20828 on: July 12, 2023, 01:17:27 pm »

Joyce article doesn't make sense. Clearly its agent talk but hard to believe Hendo will be pushing for a move because he won't be a starter anymore.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20829 on: July 12, 2023, 01:18:20 pm »
Klopp works both ways he won't force anyone to stay or leave. It's up to Henderson. Gerrard being the manager there along with more money makes me think he could be off.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20830 on: July 12, 2023, 01:18:32 pm »
VVD yes, I dunno about Trent, it would probably be a new sort of role for him.

Torres was made captain of Atlético when he was 19.

(I keep forgetting that Torres played for that shower. Hard to believe he played for them, given what a gang of cnuts they've been under Simeone for the past 12 years.)
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20831 on: July 12, 2023, 01:19:04 pm »
Do we think we would sign a replacement?

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20832 on: July 12, 2023, 01:19:27 pm »
Luiz Henrique

Anyone heard about rumours of Luiz Henrique 22 Betis, apparently Klopp interested, seen as a back up for Salah  £26m

( Fichajes, Nacional)

Federico Chiesa

According to Gazzetta dello Sport, Fali Ramadani, Chiesa's agent, has been exploring a potential move to the Premier League for his client.
Both Liverpool and Newcastle United "would accelerate" their interest in the Italian winger but must sell players first.

Perhaps the only reason why Liverpool might want to add Chiesa to their squad is as cover for Salah but even then, the Italian is a left-winger.
Then there's the matter of his form over the last two years. Since bagging 15 goals and 11 assists in 2020/21, the 25-year-old has mustered just four goals in each of his last two seasons.
It's not the sort of form that inspires confidence much less reason to bolster Liverpool's ranks. He earns €178,000/week (£150k/wk) which is vastly more than the Reds would likely pay a squad player.
The report notes that Mohamed Salah, who is the subject of great desire from Saudi clubs, would be "one of the first on Jurgen Klopp's list" to sell.

(Gazzetta dello Sport)

His numbers would probably look better if not for the ACL injury - missed 7+ months spanning 2 seasons.  Unless you are signing him dirt cheap or on a free, outlaying any kind of investment on him is a huge risk given some players never fully recover from such injuries.  I don't think we're in the business of gambling, otherwise we would have just said "fuk it" on Fekir and not doing that in hindsight looks the right decision.  Chiesa would have to recapture the form that he first showed us at Juve and at the EUROS before I believe we would look seriously at signing him.  I suspect Juve want rid and are using their sources in the media to tout his availability without openly advertising they wish to sell.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20833 on: July 12, 2023, 01:20:19 pm »

Lavia is his replacement. I think it's clear we need to make room for Lavia so someone has to leave. Either Henderson or Thiago. If they both stay Lavia doesn't happen imo.

I think we should be signing Lavia regardless but Klopp has to keep them happy and with how Jones is playing he's got to be a serious option now.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20834 on: July 12, 2023, 01:20:32 pm »
Torres was made captain of Atlético when he was 19.

(I keep forgetting that Torres played for that shower. Hard to believe he played for them, given what a gang of cnuts they've been under Simeone for the past 12 years.)

Not saying Trent couldn't do it, probably more than likely he could, just saying it would be a new role for him in the team.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20835 on: July 12, 2023, 01:21:38 pm »
Not saying Trent couldn't do it, probably more than likely he could, just saying it would be a new role for him in the team.

I think he's already a part of the 'leadership group.'

Online MD1990

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20836 on: July 12, 2023, 01:21:41 pm »
Gerrard going was a bigger disappointment than if hendo goes, good luck to him if it materialises
Are all Saudi clubs funded by the goverment?
Im not too informed on the situation there.
But maybe not all Saudi clubs have the same values?
Perhaps we have clubs funded by people who dont ahve any human rights abuses?
Again im not informed on the subject but we are all just labelling all Saudi clubs the same when do we really know how they are funded?

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20837 on: July 12, 2023, 01:22:09 pm »

Think we'll sign another midfielder but not 1 more plus Hendo replacement, don't even need to really. New guy, Mac, Dom, Fabinho, Stef, Harvey, Curtis and whatever we can get from Thiago would be plenty enough then assess it again next Jan, summer with Thiago off and maybe one of the new guys not performing or whatever.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20838 on: July 12, 2023, 01:23:22 pm »
Lavia is his replacement. I think it's clear we need to make room for Lavia so someone has to leave. Either Henderson or Thiago. If they both stay Lavia doesn't happen imo.

I think we should be signing Lavia regardless but Klopp has to keep them happy and with how Jones is playing he's got to be a serious option now.

Lavia might be his replacement numbers wise but not role wise, thats what I was getting at.

If he leaves we've got a new signing as the right sided midfield first choice option and Elliott who is great but not sure on his best position long term.

Online PatriotScouser

• Legacy Fan
  • I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
« Reply #20839 on: July 12, 2023, 01:24:05 pm »
If Hendo leaves then that also puts us even under more pressure regarding Homegrown quota.