Author Topic: Differences  (Read 7985 times)

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: HATE
« Reply #80 on: May 7, 2023, 03:10:03 pm »
He wrote that he's NOT a Royalist though... just 'a proud Englishman'.

Just re read, I stand corrected  :wave  :-*
Edit
My excuse is being engrossed in the Notts County v Boreham Wood game whilst necking Rum 
« Last Edit: May 7, 2023, 03:12:05 pm by Kenny's Jacket »
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: May 7, 2023, 03:26:36 pm »
No, The original Poster felt marginalised by being a royalist, I was pointing out that some local fans share those views

There's a house between Skerries and Wylva with union jacks and stuff in the window, noticed that coming out the ground on Wednesday, each to their own.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: May 7, 2023, 03:28:23 pm »
What happened yesterday at anfield was a justifiable expression of dissent. A proud Englishman should especially take pride that such dissent is allowed in their country - that freedom of expression, thought and speech are alive and well. A proud Englishman should abhor what happened to Republic activists in London. 

And on the other hand, no one should tell anyone who wants to sing the anthem to stay away. No player who wants to sing the anthem should receive abuse.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #83 on: May 7, 2023, 03:28:50 pm »

Used to teach Michael Howard’s nephew, all reds, the whole family… (he was a tosser btw)
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: May 7, 2023, 03:30:22 pm »
Used to teach Michael Howard’s nephew, all reds, the whole family… (he was a tosser btw)

The Nephew, Howard or both?
Jurgen YNWA

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #85 on: May 7, 2023, 03:30:24 pm »
Just re read, I stand corrected  :wave  :-*
Edit
My excuse is being engrossed in the Notts County v Boreham Wood game whilst necking Rum

Enjoy!  ;D
My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #86 on: May 7, 2023, 03:34:33 pm »
The Nephew, Howard or both?
Nephew.  Never met his uncle obviously! 

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: May 7, 2023, 03:34:36 pm »
There's a house between Skerries and Wylva with union jacks and stuff in the window, noticed that coming out the ground on Wednesday, each to their own.

;D  same as Gorst avenue and the other side street of sleepers hill
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: May 7, 2023, 03:43:02 pm »
Hes getting labelled a OOT and a bad Wool, but some scousers at the match were just like him.
The local fanbase is not a complete homogeneous voice

That’s the problem right there if you have a different opinion or views your a wool an oot it shouldn’t be like that, everyone’s opinions and beliefs should be allowed.

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: May 7, 2023, 03:44:26 pm »
Same as my Nan's brother, remember some amazing and horrifying stories as a kid. He then ended up in Germany post war, married a local girl and so for my entire life we've just had this bunch of Germans in our family who we visited and visited us. Apparently I was conceived in West Berlin, but I never asked too many questions on that. The girl he married died last year, 100 years old, quite a lady.

As for England, there are loads of brilliant places in the country. I lived in London for a decade, have good mates in Brighton which a great place, I love the Lake District, the Northumberland coast, etc, we have some wonderful places on our doorstep and I often find myself looking out of a train window thankful that I live here, but is that pride or just realisation that I'm relatively lucky compared to billions of others that live in far worse day to day situations? I don't know, but not sure it matters.

The important thing for me is loving your family and friends, the things you love, your pastimes and devotions, the place you live and the places your loved ones live. For me that's always been wrapped up in Merseyside and Liverpool but for others is rooted in country, and I have no issue with that. I now live in Cheshire and I'm happy here for now, and it's very much England and I like it, but I don't feel any conflict there.

My hatred for the establishment and the people who tried to stamp our city out never leaves me, and I find that stuff that entered my head as a kid and a young man still dictates how I feel about the world, and it is very much in tune with the response at Anfield last night, and it always will be.

But each to their own, and my attitude has always been that anybody who respects and values the culture and history of  both the club and the city is someone I'll stand beside and defend, wherever they're from. OP, ignore the background noise, be yourself, keep supporting the Reds.

Fantastic post buddy

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #90 on: May 7, 2023, 03:44:58 pm »
y'know i'm proud to be a born and bred scouser

i'm proud to come from this city

when i'm on holiday and i wear my lfc shorts around the pool i always get into a conversation about footy with another fella and we always have a good natter and a beer no matter what club he supports

i remember once being in zakynthos (greek island) and me and my girl decided to hire a jeep and go off the beaten track - we got lost and came across a little village where no one spoke a word of english but one guy noticed my lfc bucket hat and said 'ohhh liverpool' it just made me smile - even though i learnt a bit of the language before the holiday i couldn't understand a word of his directions as it was all greek to me  :P

this city and this club has soooooo much history that we are known worldwide

in fact, when i'm anywhere in the world and i hear my own accent i feel proud

i'm proud of the football club i support and i am proud that as fans and as a people we stand up for ourselves

:scarf
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: May 7, 2023, 03:51:36 pm »
y'know i'm proud to be a born and bred scouser

i'm proud to come from this city

when i'm on holiday and i wear my lfc shorts around the pool i always get into a conversation about footy with another fella and we always have a good natter and a beer no matter what club he supports

i remember once being in zakynthos (greek island) and me and my girl decided to hire a jeep and go off the beaten track - we got lost and came across a little village where no one spoke a word of english but one guy noticed my lfc bucket hat and said 'ohhh liverpool' it just made me smile - even though i learnt a bit of the language before the holiday i couldn't understand a word of his directions as it was all greek to me  :P

this city and this club has soooooo much history that we are known worldwide

in fact, when i'm anywhere in the world and i hear my own accent i feel proud

i'm proud of the football club i support and i am proud that as fans and as a people we stand up for ourselves

:scarf

One of my youngests old LFC Shirts is hanging in a beach bar in Alykes. The bar owner is a Panathinaikos and Liverpool fan.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: May 7, 2023, 03:53:18 pm »
You're on facebook and other socials.

WTF do you expect ?

My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #93 on: May 7, 2023, 04:00:05 pm »
I was born in England, Mill Road Hospital to be exact. Simply being born in a country should not make you "proud" per se. Pride derives from actions and achievements not simply birth, that is the platform the Monarchy and aristocracy use to claim their 'rights' of superiority and power. England has a history of remarkable achievemnts particularly in the development of democracy and latterly fighting and defeating fascism, although the latter was a UK and world collective event. England throughout its history has been a warlike and agressive country causing tremendous harm to other countries and people, mostly to gain riches for the monarchy and its supporters. I am not proud of the misery England's movers and shakers caused through their use of Africans as slaves to make them fabulously rich, I am not proud of the poverty and misery experienced by my working class ancestors throughout the Industrial Revolution, but I am proud of those who fought the Establishment for the right to withdraw their labour, get the right to vote, be educated and cared for by the State. What I am very proud of is the common cause we joined in yesterday in saying no to unfairness, inequality, deference and subservience, all things the Monarchy and the Establishment exist upon. By all means feel "proud" to be English (whatever that really means) but try and understand that protest is also part of your English heritage and Scousers are proud to stand up for ourselves, the way the Establishment has treated us and our city is unacceptable. We have right and a duty to say "no" and we will continue to do so.

Yes, that's a good post and pretty much what I feel.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #94 on: May 7, 2023, 04:02:36 pm »
You're on facebook and other socials.

WTF do you expect ?

Not every part of social media is negative though, it's a complex thing. I think he has been unlucky to have had that experience, but most of the people I deal with on social media are normal people who want to change things for the better.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: May 7, 2023, 04:08:35 pm »

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #96 on: May 7, 2023, 04:20:59 pm »
I was born in England, Mill Road Hospital to be exact. Simply being born in a country should not make you "proud" per se. Pride derives from actions and achievements not simply birth, that is the platform the Monarchy and aristocracy use to claim their 'rights' of superiority and power. England has a history of remarkable achievemnts particularly in the development of democracy and latterly fighting and defeating fascism, although the latter was a UK and world collective event. England throughout its history has been a warlike and agressive country causing tremendous harm to other countries and people, mostly to gain riches for the monarchy and its supporters. I am not proud of the misery England's movers and shakers caused through their use of Africans as slaves to make them fabulously rich, I am not proud of the poverty and misery experienced by my working class ancestors throughout the Industrial Revolution, but I am proud of those who fought the Establishment for the right to withdraw their labour, get the right to vote, be educated and cared for by the State. What I am very proud of is the common cause we joined in yesterday in saying no to unfairness, inequality, deference and subservience, all things the Monarchy and the Establishment exist upon. By all means feel "proud" to be English (whatever that really means) but try and understand that protest is also part of your English heritage and Scousers are proud to stand up for ourselves, the way the Establishment has treated us and our city is unacceptable. We have right and a duty to say "no" and we will continue to do so.

:wellin :champ
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: May 7, 2023, 04:28:36 pm »
Not every part of social media is negative though, it's a complex thing. I think he has been unlucky to have had that experience, but most of the people I deal with on social media are normal people who want to change things for the better.

Not every part no but you can't really think that he's been unlucky surely. It doesn't matter what you put on them, there will always be wums & you can multiply that by infinity whenever it concerns us. You also have no idea who exactly it is that's throwing the shade, too many bots and folks from other Clubs who have multiple accounts & you can also multiply that by infinity since the blue tick pricks have been able to pay for the privilege.

It used to be a good tool, it's now just been taken over by tools and fools.

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: May 7, 2023, 04:31:44 pm »
No he doesn't. Should Anfield have "read the room" with regard to the rest of the country?

If he wants to exercise his freedom of expression by singing the national anthem, he has every RIGHT to do so. Just as the majority of Anfield expressed theirs.

100% correct. I would have been singing "Liverpool" myself but it's imperative that people be left to express themselves and no-one knows everyone else's truth.

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: May 7, 2023, 04:34:49 pm »
Not every part no but you can't really think that he's been unlucky surely. It doesn't matter what you put on them, there will always be wums & you can multiply that by infinity whenever it concerns us. You also have no idea who exactly it is that's throwing the shade, too many bots and folks from other Clubs who have multiple accounts & you can also multiply that by infinity since the blue tick pricks have been able to pay for the privilege.

It used to be a good tool, it's now just been taken over by tools and fools.

I’m not naive enough to believe I’m unlucky just surprised by the sheer hatred of everything English.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: May 7, 2023, 04:45:17 pm »
I’m not naive enough to believe I’m unlucky just surprised by the sheer hatred of everything English.

You're assuming that you wouldn't have gotten the same shit had you posted the opposite though.

As for reading what you read on here, as somebody said, that is a read the room situation.

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: May 7, 2023, 04:48:44 pm »
You're assuming that you wouldn't have gotten the same shit had you posted the opposite though.

As for reading what you read on here, as somebody said, that is a read the room situation.

You are proving the point to a degree you shouldn’t need to read the room to believe in what you believe, it should be each to there own live and let live, it’s a slippery slope surely.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #102 on: May 7, 2023, 04:50:58 pm »
Never ever let strangers validate your opinions or damn them
Never listen to the opinion of anyone who wouldn’t show up at your funeral

Stop posting your intent or personal beliefs on line.
Make your own decisions and only ever look for counsel or validation from people you respect who have your best interests at heart
There is an awful lot in what you say there.

I used to take a lot of things to heart, and it really impacted on me and how I felt about myself and life in general. That was before the internet too. It took me such a long time to learn how to self validate rather than looking for validation externally, from people who may not even have my best interests at heart.

These days I'll take opinions on board and decide for myself. How I feel isn't dependent on what others think now. The people I really listen to are those who I respect. Life's too short to take other people's hate onto your shoulders and carry it around. We can always learn by listening to others, but sometimes all we learn from some is that they aren't worth listening to. I cut them out and move on.

Anyway, I'm not a royalist. I'm not a patriot. I have no particular pride in being randomly born in this country. Despite that, I have no problem with others who are, so long as they also respect me and don't try to force me to join in with their thing.

I don't hate this country either. It's a beautiful place. I do, however, have an issue with some of its more corrosive and divisive culture. It's the establishment, its abuses and the culture around it that I have a problem with, not the country itself. Protesting against that is fair in my eyes. In fact, it's exercising a right this country says it holds dear. Freedom of speech and expression. Freedoms those who went before us fought against fascism for at great cost to themselves.

We should cherish that freedom. I had no desire to go down to London to protest yesterday. It's their day for their people. I hope they enjoyed it too. That's their choice and they are thankfully free to make that choice. I felt free to completely ignore the whole thing, just like I ignore any other royal event.

Unfortunately, Anfield was forced to endure the anthem of the establishment that conspired to cover up the blame for the deaths of 97 of our loved ones. People many of us knew from our communities. People we knew from school or work. People from our own families. To many, that's rubbing salt into a still weeping and very raw wound. Many exercised their right to protest. To exercise freedom of speech and expression. Values this country maintains it holds dear.

Those in the establishment who are whinging need to get over themselves. They can't cry off just because they disagree with that expression of free speech and expression. They can't only hold those principles dear when it suits them, but abandon them when they don't like or agree with what's being said.

If the establishment is so concerned, maybe it needs to look at itself for answers as to why this resentment exists. Treat people with dignity and respect and you get it in return the vast majority of the time. Treat them with contempt and the same applies. We reap what we sow, so sow wisely.

Anyway, Redric. You always come over as a solid, really decent fella to me. We have different outlooks on some things, but I hold no animosity towards you over it. There will be haters out there no matter who we are or what we believe in. The decent people need to give each other some respect and consideration whilst binning off the haters.

One of my best friends is a Tory. I despise the Tory party. She's a lovely woman though, and a fantastic, loyal friend who harms no one in her life. We all have to get on, don't we? So long as we have respect for each other we can do just that. It cuts both ways. Haters though? I have no space in my life for them. I know it's not easy to do, but maybe try to give them less room in yours too.

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: May 7, 2023, 04:52:45 pm »

You are proving the point to a degree you shouldn’t need to read the room to believe in what you believe, it should be each to there own live and let live, it’s a slippery slope surely.

Nobody has stopped anybody from posting their opinion on the matter in the anthem thread, why did you not just post this in there ?

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: May 7, 2023, 04:58:29 pm »
There is an awful lot in what you say there.

I used to take a lot of things to heart, and it really impacted on me and how I felt about myself and life in general. That was before the internet too. It took me such a long time to learn how to self validate rather than looking for validation externally, from people who may not even have my best interests at heart.

These days I'll take opinions on board and decide for myself. How I feel isn't dependent on what others think now. The people I really listen to are those who I respect. Life's too short to take other people's hate onto your shoulders and carry it around. We can always learn by listening to others, but sometimes all we learn from some is that they aren't worth listening to. I cut them out and move on.

Anyway, I'm not a royalist. I'm not a patriot. I have no particular pride in being randomly born in this country. Despite that, I have no problem with others who are, so long as they also respect me and don't try to force me to join in with their thing.

I don't hate this country either. It's a beautiful place. I do, however, have an issue with some of its more corrosive and divisive culture. It's the establishment, its abuses and the culture around it that I have a problem with, not the country itself. Protesting against that is fair in my eyes. In fact, it's exercising a right this country says it holds dear. Freedom of speech and expression. Freedoms those who went before us fought against fascism for at great cost to themselves.

We should cherish that freedom. I had no desire to go down to London to protest yesterday. It's their day for their people. I hope they enjoyed it too. That's their choice and they are thankfully free to make that choice. I felt free to completely ignore the whole thing, just like I ignore any other royal event.

Unfortunately, Anfield was forced to endure the anthem of the establishment that conspired to cover up the blame for the deaths of 97 of our loved ones. People many of us knew from our communities. People we knew from school or work. People from our own families. To many, that's rubbing salt into a still weeping and very raw wound. Many exercised their right to protest. To exercise freedom of speech and expression. Values this country maintains it holds dear.

Those in the establishment who are whinging need to get over themselves. They can't cry off just because they disagree with that expression of free speech and expression. They can't only hold those principles dear when it suits them, but abandon them when they don't like or agree with what's being said.

If the establishment is so concerned, maybe it needs to look at itself for answers as to why this resentment exists. Treat people with dignity and respect and you get it in return the vast majority of the time. Treat them with contempt and the same applies. We reap what we sow, so sow wisely.

Anyway, Redric. You always come over as a solid, really decent fella to me. We have different outlooks on some things, but I hold no animosity towards you over it. There will be haters out there no matter who we are or what we believe in. The decent people need to give each other some respect and consideration whilst binning off the haters.

One of my best friends is a Tory. I despise the Tory party. She's a lovely woman though, and a fantastic, loyal friend who harms no one in her life. We all have to get on, don't we? So long as we have respect for each other we can do just that. It cuts both ways. Haters though? I have no space in my life for them. I know it's not easy to do, but maybe try to give them less room in yours too.

I think you summed it up perfectly, decent people do give each other respect and allow different opinions, but there is a lot of people in this world at the moment and I’m going much wider than football that don’t like opinions they don’t align with there own. With regard politics I hate the tories as much as anyone but I equally hate labour, you hear them call you a traitor when you fight for a better wage and end up getting spat at on the Pickett line it somehow changes your outlook.

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: May 7, 2023, 04:59:06 pm »

So... would you walk into a Belfast Orange Lodge and start singing Irish Rebel songs?

So yes, a degree of reading the room taking into account the circumstances, is required.

Respect cuts both ways.

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: May 7, 2023, 04:59:48 pm »

Nobody has stopped anybody from posting their opinion on the matter in the anthem thread, why did you not just post this in there ?

I thought it was worth it’s own post, if you don’t agree that’s fair enough.

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: May 7, 2023, 05:00:21 pm »
Rawk has always struck me as a site that welcomes everyone with a Red heart, and that reflects the club and city as a whole. So I wouldn’t feel unwelcome for being proud to be an Englishman. There’s loads on here who are, and why wouldn’t there be? This is England after all! But like the city of Liverpool, Rawk has a deep dislike of a certain type of Englishman. The right wing, Scouse-hating, racist EDL type Englishman that tends to shout their Englishness the loudest. I’m guessing you’re not one of them, so you’ve nothing to worry about.

One thing that I’d challenge you on though. And I’ve seen this mistake before. Why would you bring the armed forces into the discussion? I don’t understand that, and I can’t comprehend why your son joining the RAF would be an issue for him as a Liverpool supporter. There’s many thousands of servicemen and women from Liverpool who died fighting for this country and they are honoured and remembered throughout the city on Remembrance Day. I feel you might’ve wrongly extrapolated yesterday’s reaction to the national anthem.

On the military one, i used to go with my grand father who was in the e-port nva branch to france every year to commemorate the war dead of the second and first world wars. We used to drive around liverpool in a coach picking scousers up. All of them proud men who fought for and defended their country against oppression and fascism

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: May 7, 2023, 05:00:21 pm »
So... would you walk into a Belfast Orange Lodge and start singing Irish Rebel songs?

So yes, a degree of reading the room taking into account the circumstances, is required.

Respect cuts both ways.

Respect does go both ways plain and simple.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: May 7, 2023, 05:07:49 pm »

Yesterday was all about the Royals, so no I don't mate.

I don't like the Star, fucking hate the Fail & don't think that I've ever been on sportsbible.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #110 on: May 7, 2023, 05:08:22 pm »

why title it HATE?  I don't get it from reading the post.
Seems slightly incendiary.

Plus you are calling out LFC fans on here ‘gloating’ about booing the anthem? Where’s the gloat? Liverpool fans have been booing it for years, why should’t they? As Jürgen Klopp said, it’s free speech, they are allowed to, nothing wrong with it.

Also, the abuse you seem to be point at is from social media - the image you attached about Hendo shows links from absolute shite like the Daily Star, they are using ‘tweets’ and quotes from whoppers online who are not representative of actul Liverpool fans.

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: May 7, 2023, 05:08:45 pm »

Yesterday was all about the Royals, so no I don't mate.

I don't like the Star, fucking hate the Fail & don't think that I've ever been on sportsbible.

Fair enough buddy

Offline Byrnee

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are Magic, Everton are Tragic
« Reply #112 on: May 7, 2023, 05:09:18 pm »
yeh mate - you're right, but he seriously needs to read the room

Does he fuck

If you're allowed to boo, he's allowed to sing.

I wouldn't sing it, but if you think he wouldn't get absolute pelters in the press as the England Captain not singing the song, you're out of your mind.

If you want to force someone not to sing a song, you have to understand that is exactly the same rationale as the police stopping protests, taking signs away, locking up people who shout 'not my king' etc.
« Last Edit: May 7, 2023, 05:12:03 pm by Byrnee »
'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.'
Bill Shankly

01 06 22 23 47 64 66 73 76 77 79 80 82 83 84 86 88 90 20

77 78 81 84 05 19

At The End Of The Storm I

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: May 7, 2023, 05:24:43 pm »
why title it HATE?  I don't get it from reading the post.
Seems slightly incendiary.

Plus you are calling out LFC fans on here ‘gloating’ about booing the anthem? Where’s the gloat? Liverpool fans have been booing it for years, why should’t they? As Jürgen Klopp said, it’s free speech, they are allowed to, nothing wrong with it.

Also, the abuse you seem to be point at is from social media - the image you attached about Hendo shows links from absolute shite like the Daily Star, they are using ‘tweets’ and quotes from whoppers online who are not representative of actul Liverpool fans.

Perhaps Redric should have posted on the Daily Star etc. 'comments'? Where the actual comments that set him off originated.

I get the impression he posted here looking for assurances.

As posted way back... I think he should just ignore the Twatterati types.

Go to the game(s) and enjoy them.

:)

[EDIT] I also think this whole thread is a bit divisive. But so be it. That's how (differing) opinions work.
« Last Edit: May 7, 2023, 05:27:33 pm by A Red Abroad »

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: May 7, 2023, 05:28:22 pm »
Perhaps Redric should have posted on the Daily Star etc. 'comments'? Where the actual comments that set him off originated.

I get the impression he posted here looking for assurances.

As posted way back... I think he should just ignore the Twatterati types.

Go to the game(s) and enjoy them.

:)

[EDIT] I also think this whole thread is a bit divisive. But so be it. That's how (differing) opinions work.

I will delete the thread there no need to keep going over it, do I just delete the opening post will that remove the thread?
« Last Edit: May 7, 2023, 05:30:13 pm by Redric1970 »

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: May 7, 2023, 05:33:41 pm »
I will delete the thread there no need to keep going over it, do I just delete the opening post will that remove the thread?

I guess so.

But don't feel you have to mate.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #116 on: May 7, 2023, 05:34:33 pm »

You need to ask a mod to do it.

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: May 7, 2023, 05:36:05 pm »
You need to ask a mod to do it.

Cheers dude if a mod is reading this could you please delete the thread.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #118 on: May 7, 2023, 05:36:34 pm »
Cheers dude if a mod is reading this could you please delete the thread.

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=337484.0

Good place here as well :P

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: May 7, 2023, 05:40:50 pm »
It's weird how so much gets hung around where you're from, born, raised, background etc.

I'm not from Liverpool, I was born into and raised by true blue Tory's but my natural "values" were equality, fairness and social justice.

As a child I railed against everything I was told to accept or was expected to follow.

At 12yrs old I became a Liverpool fan.