Author Topic: PL: Newcastle 0 vs 2 Liverpool Nuñez 11’ Gakpo 17’  (Read 30047 times)

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
PL: Newcastle 0 vs 2 Liverpool Nuñez 11’ Gakpo 17’
« on: February 18, 2023, 03:58:50 pm »

Newcastle v Liverpool
St James Park
18th Feb, 17:30h

Referee: Anthony Taylor
Assistants: Gary Beswick, Adam Nunn
Fourth official: Craig Pawson
VAR: Chris Kavanagh, Assistant VAR: Simon Long

It's the hope that kills you

Or something like that.
Bloody hope eh? It's a dangerous drug to be sniffing in days of instant doom, nitro-powered by social media and every clueless asshole having 'an opinion'. Once you start hoping, there is really no way of knowing where the hell you might end up. Hope is potent, sprouts without asking, fills your head with visions of better outcomes, looks down on reality with contempt and never gives up. It doesn't need much to take hold of your thoughts and flip you into least fashionable being in today's world - an optimist who doesn't give a f**k. So whatever you do, don't hope. Seriously, just don't do it. Be strong. Never grow tired of offering realistic opinions, balanced inputs with a pinch of pessimism. It will protect you from so many 'told you so' moments, spiteful whatsup messages filled with laughing emojis and unexpected heartbreak. Embrace the reality of the present situation and expect the bad or mediocre outcome to everything ahead of you. It's what cool kids are doing. You want to be cool too?

Yeah fucking right.  ::)  ;D

Hope is what it's all about. Mana from heaven that makes dreams a reality. Eternal trigger for imagination and performing beyond ones abilities. And if we can't muster enough of it after that Everton game we have bigger problems than our midfield. We've had enough time recently to roll on the floor in a dark room, listening to Portishead on repeat while condemning 95% of our team to a quick summer exit. I did it, felt good to feel the peaks of tragedy unfolding. Fuck that. Time to air the room, put on some angry music and fight.

Is it a train?

It's funny how calendar offered us such perfectly designed obstacle course to turn things around. It seldom happens like this. Three game run we're in the middle of right now, has enough value of every kind in it - for us to build a solid foundation for the rest of the season. Different challenges, gradually increasing difficulty and enough time between games to build up tempo without burning out. We passed the first hurdle playing a game that was all about going back to doing the basics right. No silly fuckups, press, play direct, stay tuned in and reap the rewards. So it's now time to find out what the light at the end of the tunnel is.

Newcastle away is a very different proposition to Everton at home. They are extremely robust in defence, seldom give away goals, let alone dumb ones like Everton did. However they are not a potent scoring side and games tend to simmer down into low scoring draws. Since the last day of 2022 they have played six PL matches, drew five and only scored three goals. Which tells us we'll be our worst enemies in this game. Our away form is such a steaming pile of crap I'm actually not even going to look at the numbers - I know its bad. We will need to turn around plenty aspects of it to get a win here - most importantly we must not give them undeserved gifts. Don't reward a team struggling to score goals with stupid defensive errors, make them work for it. In many ways, this is the crucial game in this three game mini-run. Deliver a performance here, get three points and we welcome Real in a very different mood to one just a week ago. Revert back to our recent away modus operandi and it's not looking quite as rosy. But much like against Everton, doing the basics right will offer us the platform to get a result.

Having a bench - What a luxury

It almost became the norm recently to look at our bench and have nothing but fresh legs there. Any potential match winner would start the game, with nothing available on the bench to create a meaningful impact. So it was very nice to see Jota and Bobby for example come on against Everton, with Virgil also being on the bench. Slowly but surely we're getting our players back and it's super important ahead of a game like this. It will be interesting to see if Klopp decides to start any returning players, my guess is no, but who knows. I think we'll start with a similar team to one that played the last match, perhaps Milner for Fabinho, but I don't see us making more than one or two changes to the lineup. I would normally advocate to rest Bajčetić, him being a kid and playing so many intense games recently - but how do you bench him after his MOTM performance against the blues. So yeah, Stefan starts. I'm also hoping Gakpo keeps kis place because with the monkey off his back we may see a different Cody, more confident, direct and dangerous. We'll see, but I expect a similar team, hungry and eager to kickstart the race for Top 4.

Not to overstate things, but it is a very, very important game. Not only because it can bring us back into contention for Top 4, but also because it gives us a chance to break the cycle of bad habits. It's not an easy one and Nouveau Riche FC will be determined to claim a famous victory over one of the cartel teams, but what can one do except hope.

So, are you eager to beat these?
Do you see any changes to the lineup?
Do you like Portishead?
 ;D

« Last Edit: February 18, 2023, 05:48:25 pm by TepidT2O »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
Re: PL: Newcastle vs Liverpool
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2023, 04:33:00 pm »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2023, 04:33:39 pm »
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2023, 04:34:09 pm »
W

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2023, 05:26:44 pm »
Players on their way onto the field, we have Martin Tyler and Jamie Carragher if you are watching on Sky, so hit that mute button
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2023, 05:29:59 pm »
Minutes applause for Christian Atsu who sadly died in the Turkish earthquake

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2023, 05:31:21 pm »
1. Hendo to get us underway reds attacking left to right as we watch

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2023, 05:32:54 pm »
Which version of Liverpool have turned up I wonder?
W

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2023, 05:33:20 pm »
2. Early pressure from Newcastle, Isak gets a cross from the left in but it's cleared

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2023, 05:34:34 pm »
3. Through ball for Isak but Ali too quick and gathers

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2023, 05:35:03 pm »
Some of our passing is a bit suspect at the moment, yet to settle.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2023, 05:35:12 pm »
Alisson is worth his weight in gold
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2023, 05:35:45 pm »
4.  Big chance for Newcastle for Almiron but Ali sticks out a hand and stops the chance, probably should have scored

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2023, 05:35:51 pm »
Which version of Liverpool have turned up I wonder?
I’m not sure it’s the one I had hoped might turn up.
W

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2023, 05:36:20 pm »
All Newcastle at the moment, we haven't had a sniff yet

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2023, 05:36:31 pm »

Early days yet, Newcastle were always going to start fast being the home team.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2023, 05:36:42 pm »
not looking like it yet

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2023, 05:36:43 pm »
W

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2023, 05:39:03 pm »
7. Chance for the reds as Darwin gets the ball on the left but his pass is behind Mo and the chance is lost without an attempt on goal

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2023, 05:39:44 pm »
Early days yet, Newcastle were always going to start fast being the home team.
True…. Fingers crossed
W

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2023, 05:40:08 pm »
7. Chance for the reds as Darwin gets the ball on the left but his pass is behind Mo and the chance is lost without an attempt on goal
Really nice move from back to front that. If we can weather the initial storm we can play ourselves into this

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2023, 05:40:39 pm »
Hopefully we have weathered the early storm and have settled into the game now

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2023, 05:41:14 pm »
9. Goal for Darwin, great ball from Trent I think, VAR check for handball but it looks good to me

Fantastic ball and a great strike from the big man, centre of the goal and he smashed it home, Pope with no chance

1-0 reds
« Last Edit: February 18, 2023, 05:44:10 pm by Wabaloolah »

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2023, 05:41:31 pm »
Wowwwwwww

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2023, 05:42:18 pm »
Now, that's more like it Reds. Our first real attack as well.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2023, 05:42:43 pm »
Took forever to make that decision

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2023, 05:43:18 pm »
Took forever to make that decision

Entirely predictable that one.. :D

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
Re: PL: Newcastle 0 vs 1 Liverpool Nuñez 11’
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2023, 05:43:34 pm »
Control, pace, bang and finish!!!

WOW NUNEZ!!

Place it? Nah...

Smash it the fuck in!! WOOHOO!
W

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2023, 05:44:55 pm »
What a pass and then piece of skill from Nunez to bring that down and smash it past the keeper. Loved the celebration as well

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2023, 05:46:00 pm »
Where has this Trent been?

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2023, 05:46:50 pm »
14. great ball in from Trent, put behind by Trippier for a corner which is cleared and its over to Sir Bob

Online BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2023, 05:49:08 pm »
16 2-0 and it’s Gakpo. Brilliant move started by Bajcetic on the half turn playing through midfield. We work it wide, then back inside and it’s tucked away by the Dutchman for his second goal in two games. VAR again on the case but he’s definitely on.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2023, 05:49:20 pm »
Have we scored? I thought Tyler’s dog had just died.
Too right, Carra the same

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
Re: PL: Newcastle 0 vs 2 Liverpool Nuñez 11’ Gakpo 17’
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2023, 05:49:36 pm »
Double Fuckin Wowwwwwwwww - what a great move

Online BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2023, 05:50:02 pm »
Double Fuckin Wowwwwwwwww - what a great move
That turn from Bajcetic was outstanding
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2023, 05:50:07 pm »
again taking an age to decide what was clearly onside

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2023, 05:50:11 pm »
Thought Tyler’s family had been killed in a tragic event there.. no…2-0 tot he reds
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2023, 05:50:23 pm »
Why did it take that long to check? Answers on a postcard to the comms team please.  ::)

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2023, 05:51:30 pm »
Holy shit! Where has this Liverpool been all season!
The front three starting to work out….

A bit of confidence… goals bring confidence don’t they
W

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2023, 05:51:35 pm »
That turn from Bajcetic was outstanding
It really was, the the defence splitting pass from Mo, and the finish of someone who has found his confidence