Author Topic: Formula One - The 2023 Season  (Read 91878 times)

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
Re: Formula One - The 2023 Season
« Reply #1040 on: July 2, 2023, 02:58:23 pm »
Fucking stupid micro managed track limits track

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #1041 on: July 2, 2023, 03:03:19 pm »
Fucking stupid micro managed track limits track

fucking stupid drivers not staying on the track?

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #1042 on: July 2, 2023, 03:10:25 pm »
Lando lapping Piastri really highlights just how well the upgrades are working. Fingers crossed the next lot of upgrades have a similar impact.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1043 on: July 2, 2023, 03:19:12 pm »
Valiant effort from Sainz.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #1044 on: July 2, 2023, 03:27:23 pm »
Becoming a bit of a mockery.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #1045 on: July 2, 2023, 03:30:38 pm »
as said on friday, well done verstappen on another race win.

some decent action today all in all.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1046 on: July 2, 2023, 03:34:19 pm »
Great effort from Norris, the updates have certainly helped.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Seebab

• hit that post. We winced.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1047 on: July 2, 2023, 03:43:01 pm »
Nice race by Norris. Happy for Perez as well after that slump.
Some folks are born into a good life
Other folks get it anyway anyhow

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1048 on: July 2, 2023, 03:45:03 pm »
Some decent action in the midfield today. At one point Ferrari was over a second a lap down on Red Bull, they've clawed some performance back but still have another 4-5 tenths to find. RB is so fast everywhere, zero weaknesses.

Lewis just needs to stop moaning, even Toto is sounding fed up of it.

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #1049 on: July 2, 2023, 03:56:13 pm »
Some decent action in the midfield today. At one point Ferrari was over a second a lap down on Red Bull, they've clawed some performance back but still have another 4-5 tenths to find. RB is so fast everywhere, zero weaknesses.

Lewis just needs to stop moaning, even Toto is sounding fed up of it.
They all moan.  Why single out Hamilton? 

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #1050 on: July 2, 2023, 03:59:53 pm »

indeed. sainz (who I like) going on about being intimidated was fucking laughable.

they all cry and moan, as F1 drivers have done for years.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1051 on: July 2, 2023, 04:01:00 pm »
Hamilton singles himself out moaning on the radio about track limits every lap. Nobody was crying to the same extent. When your boss comes on the radio and tells you to just concentrate on driving the car it's obvious you are going on too much

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #1052 on: July 2, 2023, 04:14:01 pm »
Hamilton singles himself out moaning on the radio about track limits every lap. Nobody was crying to the same extent. When your boss comes on the radio and tells you to just concentrate on driving the car it's obvious you are going on too much
“Crying”? Are we on twitter now?

I repeat, they were all doing it.  And we only hear selective radio messages too. 

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1053 on: July 2, 2023, 04:28:53 pm »
“Crying”? Are we on twitter now?

I repeat, they were all doing it.  And we only hear selective radio messages too.

Yeah. They sure were selecting Hamilton more than others. Not sure why they are singling his radio messages out. Same for Sky repeating those messages and talking about it after the race just then.

Anyway, on to Silverstone I'm sure Mercedes and Lewis will be more competitive there. Wouldn't actually mind someone else winning so Red Bull don't break McLarens consecutive race record.
« Last Edit: July 2, 2023, 04:30:35 pm by naYoRHa2b »

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1054 on: July 2, 2023, 05:08:56 pm »
What on earth was Sainz on about with the ‘intimidation’ messages?

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #1055 on: July 2, 2023, 05:09:18 pm »
Aston Martin have protested the result of the race 🧐

Maybe something they feel is illegal on one of the other cars?
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #1056 on: July 2, 2023, 05:09:53 pm »
What on earth was Sainz on about with the ‘intimidation’ messages?
That was up there with Albon’s “they race me so hard”.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1057 on: July 2, 2023, 05:18:15 pm »
Aston Martin have protested the result of the race 🧐

Maybe something they feel is illegal on one of the other cars?

Track limit penalties for other cars not being applied.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #1058 on: July 2, 2023, 05:22:16 pm »
This could get really messy:

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #1059 on: July 2, 2023, 05:55:26 pm »
What a shitshow. They delete lap times and Stewards have no idea that that has happened? WTF?

Online sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1060 on: July 2, 2023, 05:57:40 pm »
They’ll reject the protest. I have no idea who the winners and losers would be from any consistent application of the rules but it’s not the FIA’s modus operandi to put the rules above what they perceive to be the best look for themselves.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #1061 on: July 2, 2023, 06:26:16 pm »
They’ll reject the protest. I have no idea who the winners and losers would be from any consistent application of the rules but it’s not the FIA’s modus operandi to put the rules above what they perceive to be the best look for themselves.
It’ll look worse for them if Sky show all the instances of drivers exceeding track limits and not getting warnings or laps deleted. They’ve admitted there were a number of examples that weren’t dealt with during the race.

If they’re going to manage track limits so tight, they need an objective system in place that can detect when cars exceed the track and can issue real time warnings.
« Last Edit: July 2, 2023, 06:31:41 pm by Funky_Gibbons »

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #1062 on: July 2, 2023, 06:39:32 pm »
FIA statement regarding track limits infringements in Austria: Circuit layout and drivers' propensity to breach track limits led to an "unprecedented situation which resulted in all potential infringements not being able to be reviewed during the race"

FIA says it had already begun a review prior to the Aston Martin protest. More than 1,200 reports of cars leaving the track. Results will be updated once the review of those which were not able to be reviewed during the race is complete

FIA "will renew our recommendation to circuit to add gravel trap at exit of Turns Nine and 10. While this is not a straightforward solution in relation to other series that race here (ie MotoGP), it has proved effective at other corners and circuits with similar issues."

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #1063 on: July 2, 2023, 06:59:34 pm »
It’ll be funny as fuck if Verstappen is hit with a 5s penalty and loses the win because of that pit stop to get fastest lap 🤣

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #1064 on: July 2, 2023, 07:07:42 pm »
The protest has been upheld.

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1065 on: July 2, 2023, 08:15:45 pm »
What a farce, but I said yesterday they were setting themselves up for this.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #1066 on: July 2, 2023, 08:42:01 pm »
Penalties: 10 seconds for Sainz, Hamilton, Gasly, Albon, Ocon (twice), Sargeant, De Vries
Five seconds for Ocon, (twice), De Vries and Tsunoda

Before official confirmation, looks like this moves Sainz down to sixth, with Norris and Alonso moving up to fourth and fifth; Hamilton swaps places with Russell and drops to eighth; Gasly swaps with Stroll down to 10th. The others are all out of the points

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #1067 on: July 2, 2023, 11:30:29 pm »
Since half the drivers managed to finish the race without track limit violations that means it’s within the drivers gift to stay within the white lines in which case the half of drivers who couldn’t manage it can’t really blame anyone else but themselves.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #1068 on: July 3, 2023, 02:00:10 am »
I've never seen this before, I don't really understand why this is such a point of contention to begin with. Even just ignoring Max it really ruined the race as it seemed everyone was being penalized and you had no idea if where they were was accurate or not because of penalties needing to be served. RBR just seems a bad track overall.

Offline Metallinick

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1069 on: July 3, 2023, 06:11:17 am »
It’ll be funny as fuck if Verstappen is hit with a 5s penalty and loses the win because of that pit stop to get fastest lap 🤣

Not really...he'd still win even if a 5s penalty was applied. This man is walking cheat code treating F1 like a video game where the AI difficulty is set to the easiest level :)

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #1070 on: July 3, 2023, 08:09:08 am »
Since half the drivers managed to finish the race without track limit violations that means it’s within the drivers gift to stay within the white lines in which case the half of drivers who couldn’t manage it can’t really blame anyone else but themselves.
I saw an interview with Perez after the race and he kept calling the track limits a joke, said it's difficult for the drivers to judge where the limits are within 1mm because they're so low down and visibility is poor especially with the winglet over the front tyres.

If that's the case why aren't they binning every corner in Baku or Monaco? They're going over the limits in Austria because there's nothing stopping them and a huge run off area.

The only defense i would give some of the drivers is that they need to be told in real time when they've exceeded track limits. We saw some people getting the warning about track limits but because they're looking at the video retrospectively, the drivers had already exceeded track limits again by the time they's received the black and white flag and so got a penalty.   

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #1071 on: July 3, 2023, 09:00:42 am »
I didn't see this on telly yesterday but it's pretty funny

https://i.imgur.com/PZPdc88.mp4

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #1072 on: July 3, 2023, 05:51:49 pm »
McLaren adding some chrome for Silverstone

https://twitter.com/McLarenF1/status/1675909480754876416?s=20

Looks tasty

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #1073 on: July 3, 2023, 10:21:47 pm »
Yet more "Remember when we were good?" from McLaren. Stick some of your one-off livery budget into bringing upgrades for 2 cars.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #1074 on: July 4, 2023, 11:54:16 am »
Idea for increasing parity at the front. No idea how it'd be policed or whether it's right for F1, but it occurred to me. No idea if I even support it, but for discussion's sake:

How about a rule that the team who wins a race can't bring any upgrades to the next race?
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1075 on: July 4, 2023, 12:57:54 pm »
Why couldn't they just do a one off red and white livery.

Unrelated but this is fantastic by the way > https://imgur.com/a/kOtJxa5

:lmao
« Last Edit: July 4, 2023, 01:00:58 pm by naYoRHa2b »

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1076 on: July 4, 2023, 03:56:01 pm »
Idea for increasing parity at the front. No idea how it'd be policed or whether it's right for F1, but it occurred to me. No idea if I even support it, but for discussion's sake:

How about a rule that the team who wins a race can't bring any upgrades to the next race?

I don’t really buy into any of this sort of stuff. Nobody seemed to care when Mercedes absolutely dominated for years. Every team has a strict set of technical regulations to which they design their cars around. You can’t punish the teams that do a better job, you just have to applaud it.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1077 on: July 4, 2023, 05:52:24 pm »
I don’t really buy into any of this sort of stuff. Nobody seemed to care when Mercedes absolutely dominated for years. Every team has a strict set of technical regulations to which they design their cars around. You can’t punish the teams that do a better job, you just have to applaud it.

It's not great for the sport though when you know in advance who is going to win.
I watch as many races as I can. I wouldn't be into it as much as most of the people that post on this thread, but this season is getting boring already and we're only just over a third of the way through.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #1078 on: July 4, 2023, 05:58:46 pm »
I think it's been a pretty interesting season if you ignore the win. Places 2-20 seem to be shaken up by the race.

I'm aware that's an issue.

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1079 on: July 4, 2023, 08:35:49 pm »
With the track limits, everyone has the same 'issue'.  If you're whinging that you get a time deleted because you can't stick it a few millimetres on the right side of the white line, that's your problem and not the stewards/FIA.

For the Red Bull dominance, I'm hoping their smaller amount of wind tunnel time coming up helps to bite them in the arse but I'm not massively hopeful, the extra 10% still feels like a relatively minor slap on the wrist compared to the benefits of what they've reaped up to now.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.