Author Topic: Formula One - The 2023 Season  (Read 92392 times)

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Formula One - The 2023 Season
« Reply #1320 on: July 10, 2023, 06:54:13 pm »

who?

She’s the blonde woman from Sex Education, Ted Lasso and Eurovision. Brilliant actress.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #1321 on: July 10, 2023, 11:48:49 pm »
oh pfft it's a slip of the tongue. could have happened to anyone.

wasn't sure if it was. Not cool if purposely done. Unfortunate if it's a mistake
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #1322 on: July 11, 2023, 02:15:05 pm »
Few rumours going around that Daniel Ricciardo will replace Nyck de Vries at AlphaTauri at Hungary.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1323 on: July 11, 2023, 02:32:38 pm »
not sure how good that car is, I dont think its all that great but De Vries and Tsunoda is a weak line up

I thought De Vries was a lot younger than 28

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1324 on: July 11, 2023, 02:36:14 pm »
Interesting. The car has been dreadful this season, but he's getting spanked in the head to head against Tsunoda which is quite telling.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #1325 on: July 11, 2023, 03:52:11 pm »
Few rumours going around that Daniel Ricciardo will replace Nyck de Vries at AlphaTauri at Hungary.

Confirmed. Had a competitive tyre run last week and slots straight in.

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1326 on: July 11, 2023, 03:59:01 pm »
You want a de Vries to do well, but he was... not good in that car. Will be interesting to see how Danny Ric compares to Tsunoda now.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #1327 on: July 11, 2023, 04:55:42 pm »
Can be a cruel sport. Lets see if the king of F1 social media has got his racing mojo back.

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #1328 on: July 11, 2023, 05:06:11 pm »
That red bull driver programme takes no prisoners.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #1329 on: July 12, 2023, 09:02:53 am »
That red bull driver programme takes no prisoners.

He wasn’t actually part of the programme from what I read, they only signed him at the end of last season to drive for them this season, he didn’t go through the whole scheme which makes sense since he’s 28 so pretty old for a first season F1 driver.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1330 on: July 12, 2023, 09:13:17 am »
The Gulf livery Williams will have for Singapore, Japan and Qatar

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #1331 on: July 12, 2023, 10:32:14 am »
He wasn’t actually part of the programme from what I read, they only signed him at the end of last season to drive for them this season, he didn’t go through the whole scheme which makes sense since he’s 28 so pretty old for a first season F1 driver.

Did Albon and Red Bull parted ways completely for his move to Williams, or does he still have a connection?

Offline Koplord

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #1332 on: July 12, 2023, 10:44:36 am »
De Vries situation is a weird one. He was always tipped for F1 since his karting days and has always won whichever category he has raced but he is managed by Toto which makes the alpha seat very strange.

Can’t help but think Toto has used leverage to get Redbull to give him a seat and he hasn’t been treated particularly well as you know how toxic redbull can make an environment for a driver.

Based on years watching him there is no way Tsunoda is a better driver
If I hadn't seen such riches I could live with being poor.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1333 on: July 12, 2023, 10:48:06 am »
Did Albon and Red Bull parted ways completely for his move to Williams, or does he still have a connection?

I think he’s had to completely remove himself from the Red Bull programme
Thinking is overrated.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1334 on: July 12, 2023, 10:53:41 am »
De Vries situation is a weird one. He was always tipped for F1 since his karting days and has always won whichever category he has raced but he is managed by Toto which makes the alpha seat very strange.

Can’t help but think Toto has used leverage to get Redbull to give him a seat and he hasn’t been treated particularly well as you know how toxic redbull can make an environment for a driver.

Based on years watching him there is no way Tsunoda is a better driver

Yeah, I don’t really follow the other formulas but even I’ve been hearing his name for years so there was always a lot of hype but at the same time as I said before 28 is very old to become an F1 driver these days. Not sure what leverage Toto has over Red Bill, if anything Toto being his manager would have been a reason for Red Bull not to give him a seat at all I would have thought.

It’s worth remembering though that good drivers at different formulas don’t always translate to good F1 drivers.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1335 on: July 12, 2023, 11:32:14 am »
he seemed to come more through mercedes when he was younger

its not the best car to judge ones ability by any stretch.

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #1336 on: July 12, 2023, 12:57:46 pm »

If you drive for either of those teams you're part of their programme as far as I'm concerned.

Albon still had red bull on his lid last season, I don't know about this year.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1337 on: July 14, 2023, 05:34:25 pm »
News today that the Monza circuit is undergoing major investment work. It's rumoured to be around 20 million euros worth of it.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1338 on: July 16, 2023, 10:23:04 pm »
Some thing's in life never change. Roman Grosjean in a racing car is one of those things

https://twitter.com/f1multiviewer/status/1680653630423146498?t=HT9sYSQyL56HS4TP_mYRxg&s=19

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1339 on: July 16, 2023, 10:29:52 pm »
Quite like Max coming out of  his pit lane that one…
And atleast he didn’t drive into a burning fireball after going through a one inch gap between two pieces of metal this time ;D
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1340 on: July 17, 2023, 09:30:30 am »
New qualifying tyre allocations being trialled this weekend. Providing the weather is dry...

Q1 - Only hard tyres
Q2 - Only medium tyres
Q3 - Only soft tyres

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1341 on: July 17, 2023, 09:35:23 am »
Some thing's in life never change. Roman Grosjean in a racing car is one of those things

https://twitter.com/f1multiviewer/status/1680653630423146498?t=HT9sYSQyL56HS4TP_mYRxg&s=19
I watched the Pheoenix or Detroit race last month, he did something similar in that race as well.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1342 on: July 17, 2023, 09:45:56 am »
New qualifying tyre allocations being trialled this weekend. Providing the weather is dry...

Q1 - Only hard tyres
Q2 - Only medium tyres
Q3 - Only soft tyres

Why? Why do they do this?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #1343 on: July 17, 2023, 10:03:23 am »

Why? Why do they do this?

I preume it cuts down on the amount of tyres pirelli have to lug around the world.

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1344 on: July 17, 2023, 10:04:28 am »
Yeah I read if this was implemented across the calendar it would reduce the overall number of tyres transported across the season by over 3,000

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #1345 on: July 17, 2023, 10:07:22 am »
But you'd assume to get the hards into a working window the teams would need to fuel for multiple laps and stay out for the length of Q1 which increases engine wear and burns more fuel.

Might make the last few minutes more exciting but doesn't do much for F1's sustainability.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #1346 on: July 17, 2023, 02:17:00 pm »
Verstappen disqualified from an iRacing event for driving like a dick;

https://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/comments/150k8e2/max_verstappen_dqd_from_simracing_event_following/

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1347 on: July 20, 2023, 11:27:22 am »
The Red Bull upgrade for Hungary will be interesting, especially the side pods. Meant to get them a further 2 tenths further down the road.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1348 on: July 20, 2023, 12:18:09 pm »
Adrian Newey working his magic yet again. With less wind tunnel time than anyone else.

Might as well all go home.

If a Red Bull wins every single race in a season then is there really any point anyone else trying?

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1349 on: July 20, 2023, 12:21:35 pm »
Adrian Newey working his magic yet again. With less wind tunnel time than anyone else.

If a Red Bull wins every single race in a season then is there really any point anyone else trying?

Regrettably true. I kind of wish he would go and design a boat for the Americas Cup. That was his ambition when he left McLaren. Sadly Red Bull then got their claws into him.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1350 on: July 20, 2023, 12:29:06 pm »

With the budget cap in place it's impossible. This was always the issue witht he budget cap. If one team nails it at the beginning, it's impossible to catch up.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1351 on: July 21, 2023, 12:35:08 pm »
Perez has binned it on the opening lap of FP1  ;D

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1352 on: July 21, 2023, 01:07:51 pm »
Perez has binned it on the opening lap of FP1  ;D

That's not going to buff out. All those upgrades as well

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1353 on: July 21, 2023, 01:50:34 pm »
That's not going to buff out. All those upgrades as well

Perez can’t buy one bit of good fortune.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1354 on: July 21, 2023, 05:09:09 pm »
Weird couple of sessions but it does look like the McLaren is decent on this track too, which is good news for the rest of the season.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1355 on: July 21, 2023, 05:17:28 pm »
Weird couple of sessions but it does look like the McLaren is decent on this track too, which is good news for the rest of the season.

If their decent in Hungary, its a big step forward as they is usually our bogey track.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1356 on: July 22, 2023, 03:23:03 pm »
Russell out of first qualifying.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1357 on: July 22, 2023, 03:23:39 pm »
Cracking from Zhou. Lol @ Russell

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #1358 on: July 22, 2023, 03:29:01 pm »
odd by merc. I mean I get you might want to "save tyres" but is an extra couple of laps so you can do 2 runs really going to affect the hard compound all that much?

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1359 on: July 22, 2023, 03:32:54 pm »
Max's time is excluded.