Author Topic: City vs Liverpool HT 1-1  (Read 3782 times)

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: City vs Liverpool HT 1-1
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2022, 08:53:53 pm »
Gomez is struggling big time, not sure what's happened to him but looks poor in everything he does.
Lucky we're still in this and we can definitely get some joy going forward, big half needed.

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2022, 08:54:11 pm »
i missed the memo that outlined the new “kicking and pushing the opposition when play has stopped is fine” rule

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2022, 08:54:35 pm »
Surprised at the shouts we’ve been poor. We started slowly and they were the better side for 15 mins then we got a foothold got the goal. Pretty even after that with both teams probably missing chances they should score

Goes without saying we need to get Mo into the game. Thiago too. Darwin will take a chance if he keeps getting the right positions.

A decent start for me.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2022, 08:54:45 pm »
From the beeb 😂

Shouting match
Manchester City 1-1 Liverpool

Simon Stone
BBC Sport at the Etihad Stadium
There has just been a real row in front of me after a Liverpool fan in the corporate seats celebrated his side's equaliser.

A couple of City fans side to his left were calling on stewards, fairly bluntly, to get rid of him.

The calls went unheeded, much to the annoyance of the City fan. Now the Liverpool supporters are winding that fan up.

Very loud and aggressive.

Simon Stone is one bad shit-stirring prick
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2022, 08:54:56 pm »
In one sense we could have gone in 2-1 in front but on the other hand we could have been 3-1 down.

Not sure how you can kick out and push over Carvalho and not get a yellow.

Milner at right back was getting skinned. Gomez was caught asleep several times; he should not have been beaten to the ball for their goal. Matip is playing well even though he gave away the ball several times. Phillips showed how to get the foot in.

Our midfield is soft as butter when we don’t have the ball. City are just playing the ball around our non-existent midfield.

Nunez needs to learn to stay onside and he also needs to take some of his chances…….he will probably score but he needs to hit the target more often.
#JFT97

Online paisley1977

• Legacy Fan
  • Bob an ordinary man of extraordinary greatness.
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2022, 08:55:00 pm »
Nothing changes Carragher so far up City's arse Rodri kicks out nothing given. This ref will be the difference to us getting anything here.
I've been here during the bad times,we finished second once.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2022, 08:55:01 pm »
Robertson is really poor when he’s pressed. Has given the ball away so many times. They’ve made it very difficult but the defenders have got to have faith in the midfield 3 and give them the ball when it’s tight.

Definitely shows why we need new midfielders, there’s just no athleticism in there.

Robbo is a good player but was clearly elevated by having a word class player in mane play ahead of him. Looks easy when you can receive the ball deep in the left back position and know you only have to hoof it down the line and mane would be on it in a flash.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2022, 08:55:07 pm »
From the beeb 😂

Shouting match
Manchester City 1-1 Liverpool

Simon Stone
BBC Sport at the Etihad Stadium
There has just been a real row in front of me after a Liverpool fan in the corporate seats celebrated his side's equaliser.

A couple of City fans side to his left were calling on stewards, fairly bluntly, to get rid of him.

The calls went unheeded, much to the annoyance of the City fan. Now the Liverpool supporters are winding that fan up.

Very loud and aggressive.

Reporter on Salford BBC is a City fan on Abu Dhabi payroll, there's a shock.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2022, 08:55:30 pm »
Gomez has been dreadful, dunno what’s wrong with him. Love the lad but lack of pace for Elliot is mind blowing, not sure what his best position is due to that reason. Wasn’t pretty but hopefully we kick on in the second half 😁

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2022, 08:55:31 pm »
Our midfield is really lightweight, all very technical but zero speed and zero power.  Struggling to impose themselves on an equally technical team.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2022, 08:55:31 pm »
Bajectic is great technically, but another midfielder who isn’t good athletically, just like Elliott and Jones, big reason why I’d prefer Bellingham to Enzo.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2022, 08:55:38 pm »
I’ve missed us. It’s good to be back.

Not the best but still a chance for us to win this. Darwin could have had a couple

Concerned about that defence in the second half though. Gomez in paticular struggling a bit

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2022, 08:55:47 pm »
What's going on with Ramsay by the way? Behind Milner in the pecking order, who then comes on injured, but Klopp would rather Nat Phillips play in a high line against Haaland than put his right back on.

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2022, 08:55:48 pm »
[...]He's now done a Cruyff turn at the San Siro[...]

A fabulous moment, favorite of mine. ;D
@Yvanicuzz

Offline Angelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: December 22, 2022, 08:55:52 pm »
Better with Gomez at right back.

Midfield understandably struggling against City. Even Thiago is all over the place. Hopefully more solidity in the second half with Keita or Henderson coming on.

Agree with the shouts of lacking pace in our attack - Salah been a bit anonymous but we're hardly getting him in the game to be fair.

Still had a fair few chances and if we're more clinical, we can cause an upset.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: December 22, 2022, 08:56:06 pm »
Would bring Keita on second half.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: December 22, 2022, 08:56:10 pm »
That's not Sky, that's Jamie Carragher. Manc loving c*nt.
I cringe at the shit that comes out of his mouth, hard to believe he played for us sometimes.

Offline Cormack Snr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: December 22, 2022, 08:56:16 pm »
Nunez has to be taken those chances
He is No Hunt, St John, Alun Evans, Toshack, Keegan, Rush, Kenny, Suarez, Torres, Owen, Fowler, Salah, Mane.
On par with Alan Waddle..

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: December 22, 2022, 08:56:20 pm »
I love that Nunez is a chance magnet but needs to put one of these away tonight

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #59 on: December 22, 2022, 08:56:20 pm »
The passing out from the back is scary. Gomez seem to be having one of those games again. I am not sure if it is lack of confidence but not the same player he was a few years ago.

He's either really good or really bad. You can't rely on him.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Bincey

• Legacy Fan
  • Is that Joe Pasquale? In the garden?
« Reply #60 on: December 22, 2022, 08:56:23 pm »
i missed the memo that outlined the new “kicking and pushing the opposition when play has stopped is fine” rule

Yep. Mad that.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #61 on: December 22, 2022, 08:56:27 pm »

Agreed. Irrespective of what Carvalho did, the referee just ignored a certain yellow.
#JFT97

Offline Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: December 22, 2022, 08:56:33 pm »
Better with Gomez at right back.

Midfield understandably struggling against City. Even Thiago is all over the place. Hopefully more solidity in the second half with Keita or Henderson coming on.

Agree with the shouts of lacking pace in our attack - Salah been a bit anonymous but we're hardly getting him in the game to be fair.

Still had a fair few chances and if we're more clinical, we can cause an upset.

Salah and Nunez are rapid, the midfield is the problem.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: December 22, 2022, 08:56:40 pm »
Gomez is struggling big time, not sure what's happened to him but looks poor in everything he does.
Lucky we're still in this and we can definitely get some joy going forward, big half needed.

Been like this for some time now barring the odd game where he has looked good.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: December 22, 2022, 08:56:49 pm »
That's not Sky, that's Jamie Carragher. Manc loving c*nt.

Turn the sound off or find a foreign stream. I did it ages ago and football is much more enjoyable not having to listen to twats like Carragher
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: December 22, 2022, 08:56:59 pm »
Bajectic is great technically, but another midfielder who isn’t good athletically, just like Elliott and Jones, big reason why I’d prefer Bellingham to Enzo.
Jones is a great athlete.

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: December 22, 2022, 08:57:01 pm »

Injuries are beyond a joke. Without playing a competitive game Diaz needs surgery, Jones is crocked, Bobby is crocked. Now Milner. Trent not on the bench despite playing 5 mins in Qatar makes me very worried he’s got a problem. Hope I’m wrong.

As for the game, I’ll take being 1-1 after that horrific start. They’ve had more ball but we’re getting clear cut chances. Could nick this one. Better balance with Nat on and Gomez out wide. Darwin’s got to bury one of these, he’s causing them real problems.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #67 on: December 22, 2022, 08:57:04 pm »
Hope we don't end up losing this 4 or 5-1.

Offline Paisley79

• Anny Roader
« Reply #68 on: December 22, 2022, 08:57:15 pm »
Turn the sound off or find a foreign stream. I did it ages ago and football is much more enjoyable not having to listen to twats like Carragher

I second this

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: December 22, 2022, 08:57:16 pm »
Don’t get the shout of lack of pace in attack, Nunez and Salah are pretty quick. If anything it’s a lack of athleticism in midfield.

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: December 22, 2022, 08:57:17 pm »
Lucky to still be in it and yet bizarrely could have scored 3 ourselves.

Heh, also a good summation.
@Yvanicuzz

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: December 22, 2022, 08:57:28 pm »
What's going on with Ramsay by the way? Behind Milner in the pecking order, who then comes on injured, but Klopp would rather Nat Phillips play in a high line against Haaland than put his right back on.
Think it was a chance to get Joe out of the middle.

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #72 on: December 22, 2022, 08:57:29 pm »
Our lack of athleticism in midfield is grim. Didn’t expect much from the game looking at the line up pre match but we’ve created a few decent chances but so have they.

Offline Lycan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: December 22, 2022, 08:57:55 pm »
He is No Hunt, St John, Alun Evans, Toshack, Keegan, Rush, Kenny, Suarez, Torres, Owen, Fowler, Salah, Mane.
On par with Alan Waddle..

Harsh that.

Offline Saus76

• Complete and utter embarrassment
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #74 on: December 22, 2022, 08:58:04 pm »
Midfield is wide open. Even goalkeeper hoofs are bypassing them and leaving the fullbacks exposed. Gomez at rb should give us more stability in the second half, but midfield reinforcements are needed.

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: December 22, 2022, 08:58:22 pm »
Nothing changes Carragher so far up City's arse Rodri kicks out nothing given. This ref will be the difference to us getting anything here.

It's Coote don't forget, the VAR guy who thought Pickford's assault on VVD was fine.

Offline Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: December 22, 2022, 08:58:28 pm »
Jones is a great athlete.

He’s better than the others but he isn’t a great athlete, strong but lacks acceleration, not the fastest either but definitely a better athlete than the others.

A great athlete is Gerrard in his prime, or Bellingham now, Henderson was a great athlete when younger also.

Offline Lycan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: December 22, 2022, 08:58:37 pm »
Don’t get the shout of lack of pace in attack, Nunez and Salah are pretty quick. If anything it’s a lack of athleticism in midfield.

Yep.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: December 22, 2022, 08:58:38 pm »
yep, i rather have some tunes playing these days

Offline Red_Potato

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Potato beats scissors
« Reply #79 on: December 22, 2022, 08:58:44 pm »
In one sense we could have gone in 2-1 in front but on the other hand we could have been 3-1 down.

Not sure how you can kick out and push over Carvalho and not get a yellow.

Milner at right back was getting skinned. Gomez was caught asleep several times; he should not have been beaten to the ball for their goal. Matip is playing well even though he gave away the ball several times. Phillips showed how to get the foot in.

Our midfield is soft as butter when we don’t have the ball. City are just playing the ball around our non-existent midfield.

Nunez needs to learn to stay onside and he also needs to take some of his chances…….he will probably score but he needs to hit the target more often.

Yellow? That was a red for me. Kicking out like that.
SOS member 7832