Author Topic: FA Cup Final: Liverpool 0 v 0 Chelsea AET Liverpool win 5-6 on pens  (Read 50628 times)

Offline beardsleyismessimk1

• Owner Of A Messy Room!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is for living, so live it
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Re: FA Cup Final: Liverpool 0 v 0 Chelsea AET Liverpool win 5-6 on pens
« Reply #801 on: May 15, 2022, 01:46:16 pm »
What a day that was, one of my favourite following the Reds. And another shiny thing in the cabinet to top it all off.

The concourse pre match on the upper level was absolutely immense.

What a team.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #802 on: May 15, 2022, 01:47:24 pm »
;D

Although excuse my ignorance but why was Abide With Me booed as well.

It’s the official hymn of the FA who only ever abide their wallets
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #803 on: May 15, 2022, 01:49:00 pm »
What a day that was, one of my favourite following the Reds. And another shiny thing in the cabinet to top it all off.

The concourse pre match on the upper level was absolutely immense.

What a team.

I was on the concourse between 542 and 543. It was insanely good. Lunatics with flares inside  ;D
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #804 on: May 15, 2022, 01:50:04 pm »
FA Cup Final needs to be the last game of the season once again, the build up with no other games in mind and the two Cities or towns building up for the game days out, what should be the way.
Agreed but with Champions League final in 13 days the gap between league finishing (this week for example) doesn't really help for momentum?

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #805 on: May 15, 2022, 01:50:28 pm »
;D

Lindsay Hoyle though?
Labour MP whose only thought is his peerage.
No wonder he lets Johnson lie and censure people for pointing it out. Spineless gobshite.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #806 on: May 15, 2022, 01:51:57 pm »
Why does the Wembley pitch always look so slow and sticky to play on?  Do they not water or cut the grass?!
I suspect they left it slightly long yesterday so that they could get another cut on it to make it look nice for TV for todays final

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #807 on: May 15, 2022, 01:52:04 pm »
I was on the concourse between 542 and 543. It was insanely good. Lunatics with flares inside  ;D

I was between 528 & 531, flares everywhere and the popcorn stand signs being used as the most brilliant makeshift drum set. I didn’t actually want the game to start at that point!
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #808 on: May 15, 2022, 01:52:05 pm »
As I said in Duvva's thread, in the 1965 part, my Uncles cried when we won it the first time. I still vividly remember watching the 74 win, all of us of a certain age, if you're weren't at Wembley, spent the entire Saturday from about 12 noon watching the build up, regardless of who was actually playing in the Final. The Double and the Treble are special due to the FA Cup.

We are of a similar age, so my experience of the FA Cup is pretty much the same. The build-up on cup final day used to be immense. It was the whole country. You'd tune in even if your club wasn't in the final. If your club was, houses would be plastered in flags and scarves and it felt like the biggest event of the season. Whole families glued to the telly in virtually every house.

It's a real shame how its prestige was eroded and devalued over the years. The ridiculous semis at Wembley instead of neutral grounds etc... Everything to do with the game has changed now, and mostly for the worse. I didn't even tune in until kick-off. No droning pundit build-up for me anymore. Despite that, I enjoyed this win immensely. I actually shed a few years. That actually surprised me, but yes, tears rolled down my cheeks.

Also, how fantastic was it to see a proper club lifting the domestic cups rather than either of the two established sportswash programmes. It is so refreshing to see. It warms the heart.

I love that we've won it all under Klopp. They said we were shite because we couldn't win the title, so we won the title. We won the European Cup, and they said the League Cup had more prestige these days ... so we won the League Cup too. They said "ah, but Klopp has never won the FA Cup" ... so he only went and lifted that as well.

Yesterday clearly meant a lot. I was watching in north Liverpool, and plenty of houses had flags on. There were garden parties and car horns, red smoke grenades and fireworks galore as soon as the Scouse Greek slotted home to cement his cult hero status.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #809 on: May 15, 2022, 01:54:06 pm »
Met some very decent blokes in Wycombe yesterday on the way to the final outside of Heidenheim bar :wave

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #810 on: May 15, 2022, 01:55:32 pm »
Thread here from the person in charge of the grounds
https://twitter.com/karl_standley/status/1525186226390712321

Looks like they did some good work recovering from the boxing. Still, like you say it's always seemed a slow and sticky pitch since the new Wembley.

With them running the pitch ragged with events, the FA really need to take some credit - spent a billion pounds for a football stadium but can't get a good football pitch

Noticed a drone shot before the match and you could see the wet footprints clearly marking through the cloth they covered the pitch with.
Used to amaze me how they marched a guards band up and down the pitch in hobnailed army boots before the game and at half time and then expect football to be played on it.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #811 on: May 15, 2022, 02:00:42 pm »
Taking a look through the DM comments and surprisingly a lot of their readership bashed the royals instead. Now that's a fail for their editorial board for sure.

As for the final, not much going on really. It would be clutching at straws to say it should've been more goals than maybe one, but at least Diogo and Alisson stepped up when it mattered the most and gave Kostas the chance to get the winner. It takes strong characters to never get beaten and that's what it's all about.

Sending your jewelled hat to Parliament in a limo so that your idle son (not the idle sex predator one) can sit on a throne in fancy dress and say there is no money for ordinary people, when old ladies have to ride the buses to keep warm, is no doubt a contributing factor. That and she suddenly found the energy to get to a horse show….

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #813 on: May 15, 2022, 02:05:21 pm »
Sending your jewelled hat to Parliament in a limo so that your idle son (not the idle sex predator one) can sit on a throne in fancy dress and say there is no money for ordinary people, when old ladies have to ride the buses to keep warm, is no doubt a contributing factor. That and she suddenly found the energy to get to a horse show….

People are starving while they live in a fucking Palace eating the most expensive food in the world. This winter, she's one pensioner who wont worry about heating the 775 rooms in her London Gaff.

Charlie owns 135,000 acres of land through the Duchy of Cornwall, its a family built on theft and murder. The French had the right idea back in the day.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2022, 02:07:04 pm by rob1966 »
Jurgen YNWA

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #814 on: May 15, 2022, 02:06:08 pm »
Lindsay Hoyle though?
Labour MP whose only thought is his peerage.
No wonder he lets Johnson lie and censure people for pointing it out. Spineless gobshite.

Lindsay Hoyle is the archetypal Wooly Back.

And a suck hole.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #815 on: May 15, 2022, 02:11:12 pm »
Interesting read about how a penalty shootout is a psychological game starting with how the manager communicates with his players after the final whistle. Klopp & Tuchel spent those 5 minutes very differently…….

https://twitter.com/geirjordet/status/1525755974346321921?s=21&t=k1ImmJyte--uclnJ-LXGGA
Saw this.
Said at the time Tommy was frantically rewriting his wish list. He is so frazzled it must communicate to the players. Imagine saying in the huddle “sorry lads I don’t fancy it today…”

The picture of VVD and Klopp laughing was also something I noticed at the time. Like it was all settled that whatever happens we’ve done what we can. No regrets. Je ne regret rien. This team and us have been through so much together, the losses in finals and the winning, whatever will be will be, let’s enjoy the ride.
Brilliant.
By the way, that pyro party at the end looked spectacular. Did anyone else catch Lineker’s slip, when they showed Tsimi held aloft in front of our fans th all the smoke going off.
“What a picture in front of the home fans…”
“Wembley - our second Home”

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #816 on: May 15, 2022, 02:11:19 pm »
Interesting read about how a penalty shootout is a psychological game starting with how the manager communicates with his players after the final whistle. Klopp & Tuchel spent those 5 minutes very differently…….

https://twitter.com/geirjordet/status/1525755974346321921?s=21&t=k1ImmJyte--uclnJ-LXGGA

That's a good find. Thanks.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline JonnyCigarettes®

• Airfix salesman (rumoured to be training a secret wankfest monkey arsegravy army)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty fly for a white guy
« Reply #817 on: May 15, 2022, 02:29:24 pm »
It’s the official hymn of the FA

This is just drivel
Johnny Sack: 200 grand for insulting my wife. What's next, Carmine, he gets to fuck her for a million?

Carmine: He wants to fuck her?

Johnny Sack: I'm making a point.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #818 on: May 15, 2022, 02:36:22 pm »
That's the memories I have too. We had an Hitachi telly with a dial so I used to have to get up to switch channels ;D

I used to watch the game on ITV due to Brian Moore.
We had a Hitachi too!
I remember we used to have the volume set on mark 2 as that was normal volume... and it went up to mark 3 for special broadcasts.. and only to mark 4 if I was the only one in the house haha

Yeah, we too used to choose ITV. Mainly cos I found the coverage more relatable to me as a youngster. BBC seemed to be too highbrow and 'posh' for a kid like me. Plus I hated the sound of John Motson et al. They didn't seem like 'football people' to me - even at that young age.
When we won the FA Cup in '86 I was proper made up. We had finally done it haha

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #819 on: May 15, 2022, 02:37:26 pm »
Saw an Interview with Klopp on SSN this morning and he was shaking his head that we have a game after the final so they players cannot properly enjoy the win. They have got it all wrong that its played in between league games
It's ridiculous, and it takes away from the prestige of the competition.

The League needs to be wrapped up, with the cup final the last game of the domestic season. It needs to be the finale, not stuck in between crucial league matches.

They couldn't organize a piss up in the Guinness brewery, this lot.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #820 on: May 15, 2022, 02:44:02 pm »
This!

Fond childhood memories of this phenomenon.
In those days the FA Cup always felt like the showpiece of the season and whoever won it was almost on the same level in the layman's eyes as the title winners.
The biggest decision was what channel to watch the 3 hours of build-up on. I think most flicked between the BBC and ITV, but it was hard if your folks couldn't afford a TV with a remote.. i couldn't be arsed to get up and change the channels every few mins haha.
But just seeing players (from two rival teams!) make their way from their hotels to Wembley, seeing one player from each team describe each of his team mates, another talk about his life in detail etc. really made you buy into the whole FA Cup 'dream'.
Happy days.

My dad followed us through what he called the ‘dark days’ of division two. He used to tell how even when we won the league after the war, the blues would taunt reds about not winning the cup. 1965 was his crowning moment as a red, and he couldn’t get a ticket. We watched it together, him with a couple of bottles of Guinness and me with a very small glass of lemonade with a bit of Guinness foam on the top. 6 years and three weeks old, we watched on a black and white tele as we beat Leeds. I’ll never forget that moment we shared. Next day we were stood (me sat on my dad’s shoulders) on St George’s Plateau to see the lads emerge from the side of the Punch and Judy and I got my first glimpse of “the cup”. A couple of days later he was on the Kop to see Milne and Byrne parade it, on the night we hammered Internationale.
1971 was more hope in expectation. Logic went out the window because we had beaten the still champions Everton in the semi. This was he new Shankly team in its infancy.  This final brought me heartbreak but forged a team that would do great things.
1973/74 season and Shankly’s men marched south once again. As a 15 year old with my school mates we went by special from Lime St to Euston and then had to make our own way across London via Tube. First time loose in London and on the march to glory. Super Mac didn’t realise what was waiting for him
Vivid images still remain, and stories galore of the day could be told. But to bring that pot home was magical.
In recent years the sheer volume of football on TV have diluted the worth in some peoples eyes but to me, I always think of the joy it brought my dad. After that day, no Evertonian could mock us.
When bitters say we are fair weather supporters, I can actually say like my dad, I supported us in the second division, and thanks to my dad, my lads know the sadness as well as the joy of being a red.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #821 on: May 15, 2022, 02:51:12 pm »
This is just drivel

Agreed it is drivel. But it is the Hymn of the FA. They used to have some auld gobshite in a white coat who led “community singing” from a portable pulpit thing. All that cockney “my old man said follow the van” and Flanagan and Allen shite. A remnant of the wartime spirit, and waving white hankies bollocks. He would bring it to a close with the hymn of the FA. In74 you couldn’t hear a word the prick sang for the noise us and the Geordies were making. And if I recall we were criticised for that at the time as well. It was binned off not long after.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #822 on: May 15, 2022, 02:53:39 pm »
That game was every bit as hard as I thought it'd be...

We played well I thought, we were gassed in ET but we had the better chances over the 90 and the balance of play was quite even overall.
Unbelievable again from the redmen and im so happy we've won this cup!!

2 trophies, already a glorious season....and it can get better!

what a time to be a red  :D
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline JonnyCigarettes®

• Airfix salesman (rumoured to be training a secret wankfest monkey arsegravy army)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty fly for a white guy
« Reply #823 on: May 15, 2022, 03:17:00 pm »
But it is the Hymn of the FA.

Bollocks. The FA don't have a hymn, the cup final does.  By your logic, the official hymn of the FA was Alexander's Ragtime Band up until 1927.  Are the FA also in charge of the rugby league challenge cup. If not why do they play the hymn.  Or is it their hymn too?

They thought it was the national anthem and you know it.

PS - The official christmas carol of my nob is Silent Night.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2022, 03:36:35 pm by JonnyCigarettes® »
Johnny Sack: 200 grand for insulting my wife. What's next, Carmine, he gets to fuck her for a million?

Carmine: He wants to fuck her?

Johnny Sack: I'm making a point.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #824 on: May 15, 2022, 03:25:06 pm »

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #825 on: May 15, 2022, 03:54:25 pm »
Bollocks. The FA don't have a hymn, the cup final does.  By your logic, the official hymn of the FA was Alexander's Ragtime Band up until 1927.  Are the FA also in charge of the rugby league challenge cup. If not why do they play the hymn.  Or is it their hymn too?

Who the fuck are you? Bert Millichip’s illegitimate Grandad?

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #826 on: May 15, 2022, 03:56:30 pm »

The daily fail, owned by a minor royal, in shock attempt to create a story out of a misreading of a situation. My sense of the mood music was that our lot were booing Chelsea for a laugh. Didn't the Anfield Wrap post match show laugh about us being like Sheffield Wednesday, making the other team in to pantomime villains? I think the majority of us probably mildly disapprove of spending public money on the royal family, but are mainly just not arsed about them. They certainly don't live rent free in our heads.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #827 on: May 15, 2022, 04:12:19 pm »
I remember being at the 1989 cup final and afterwards it was said we'd booed the national dirge then, too.

Funny thing was, it was so noisy in our end that I never heard the national dirge at all, never heard it being announced (if it was) and never heard it being played. I was amazed afterwards by the murmurings of criticism because I didn't have a clue what they were on about.

I don't watch match build-ups anymore, so only switched on at kick-off yesterday, so have no idea of the scale of any dissent. Personally, I'm a republican, but wouldn't really be on board with booing the dirge. I'd just remain indifferent towards it. Our detractors have enough ammunition to aim our way without creating more. How others react is up to them though.

The Fail could do with understanding context here. Of course, they are right wing press, so won't consider that. They'd rather demonise instead.

Offline Realgman

• Kopite
  • gerrup the yard
« Reply #828 on: May 15, 2022, 04:49:16 pm »
awesome, whatever else happens this season to me, was a success..
And we could get more..Cant beleive it went to bloody Pennos AGAIN!

Am i right then, we won our last 3 cups on pennos against CHelsea?!
WHAT ARE THE ODDS OF THAT
I am not a dreamer. I am a football romantic-Jurgen Klopp

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #829 on: May 15, 2022, 04:55:10 pm »
I remember being at the 1989 cup final and afterwards it was said we'd booed the national dirge then, too.

In 1971, You'll Never Walk Alone audibly drowns out most of the national anthem. Same in 1974. Same in 1977.  In 1986, there are audible whistles during the anthem and You'll Never Walk Alone through part of it.. In 1988, Abide with Me is drowned out by singing and there is plenty of whistles during the anthem. In the 1989, there are boos and whistles when the Duchess of Kent and the FA officials show up.  1992 there are boos and whistles when the Duchess of Kent and the FA officials show up and You'll Never Walk Alone is sung during the anthem. In 1996, there are whistles during Abide with Me and the anthem is whistled. 2001 the anthem is whistled. 

This is nothing new, but the Fail need some new outrage content for the week, rather than having to explain to their readership the complex and nuanced history of the city's relationship to the rest of the country and vice-versa.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #830 on: May 15, 2022, 04:57:33 pm »

In 1971, You'll Never Walk Alone audibly drowns out most of the national anthem. Same in 1974. Same in 1977.  In 1986, there are audible whistles during the anthem and You'll Never Walk Alone through part of it.. In 1988, Abide with Me is drowned out by singing and there is plenty of whistles during the anthem. In the 1989, there are boos and whistles when the Duchess of Kent and the FA officials show up.  1992 there are boos and whistles when the Duchess of Kent and the FA officials show up and You'll Never Walk Alone is sung during the anthem. In 1996, there are whistles during Abide with Me and the anthem is whistled. 2001 the anthem is whistled. 

This is nothing new, but the Fail need some new outrage content for the week, rather than having to explain to their readership the complex and nuanced history of the city's relationship to the rest of the country and vice-versa.

Starmer called their bluff, so they need another distraction from what that tatty headed c*nt and the rest of the Nazi party are getting up to this week.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #831 on: May 15, 2022, 05:50:23 pm »
So many happy memories there.

Apparently the Sex Pistols are rereleasing 'God Dave the Queen' later this month to commemorate the Queen's platinum jubilee.  :lmao
SoS Membership Number: 387

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #832 on: May 15, 2022, 06:31:30 pm »

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #833 on: May 15, 2022, 06:58:11 pm »
lfcfac" border="0
yer fucker…

Got me banned from twitter for hate speech

:lmao
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Oldmanmick

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #834 on: May 15, 2022, 07:03:23 pm »
Starmer called their bluff, so they need another distraction from what that tatty headed c*nt and the rest of the Nazi party are getting up to this week.

They're always the victim, it's never their fault.

Offline Oldmanmick

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #835 on: May 15, 2022, 07:10:49 pm »

Funny thing was, it was so noisy in our end that I never heard the national dirge at all, never heard it being announced (if it was) and never heard it being played. I was amazed afterwards by the murmurings of criticism because I didn't have a clue what they were on about.

I don't watch match build-ups anymore, so only switched on at kick-off yesterday, so have no idea of the scale of any dissent. Personally, I'm a republican, but wouldn't really be on board with booing the dirge. I'd just remain indifferent towards it. Our detractors have enough ammunition to aim our way without creating more. How others react is up to them though.

The Fail could do with understanding context here. Of course, they are right wing press, so won't consider that. They'd rather demonise instead.

I was there that day & I remember there was a lot of antipathy from fans about the fact that no senior royal could be arsed coming up to Liverpool right after the Hillsborough tragedy. Would have been different I imagine had a London club been involved. I also remember watching MOTD when I got home & had to listen to that condescending twat Jimmy Hill giving us all a lecture on our behaviour.

Fuck em all

Offline BTGH

• Anny Roader
« Reply #836 on: May 15, 2022, 07:14:34 pm »
It seemed only those players in the matchday squad got a medal?  Others who had played earlier rounds like Minamino, Ox and the couple of youngsters but not on the matchday squad, did not get anything

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #837 on: May 15, 2022, 07:15:44 pm »

I’m sure in 1965 there was similar confected outrage as we were singing ‘God save our team’.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #838 on: May 15, 2022, 07:17:39 pm »
What a frigging day folks.
The FA Cup win has made my year, I can't overstate how happy I am.
I literally walked round my garden for 3 hours today taking in podcasts and avoiding the city game. I might as well have walked to town and back :)

These are glorious days with shiny trophies coming at us more frequently than we can cope with emotionally.

We are so, so lucky to support this club.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2022, 09:04:19 pm by John C »

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #839 on: May 15, 2022, 07:20:25 pm »
Yes, John!

How the fuck are we on 22 pages only after a Cup win though?  ;D