Author Topic: PL: Liverpool 4 vs 0 MANU Diaz 5’ Salah 22’ 85’ Mane 68’  (Read 33343 times)

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1

Referee: Martin Atkinson.
Assistants: Constantine Hatzidakis, Richard West.
Fourth official: Chris Kavanagh.
VAR: Paul Tierney.
Assistant VAR: Harry Lennard.

No hype needed for this one, for many of us our biggest rivals and the game we want to win more than any other. Always has been for me, closely followed by our next opponents.

I don't know if it has to be this way, but it's rare for us both to be at the top at the same time - perhaps it's not possible for any period. As they've fallen away over the last decade we have gradually regained our "perch". Currently they cannot be considered direct rivals in terms of challenging us for honours, but this Tuesday they stand in the way of 3 important points in our league title challenge.

However, while they are clearly several levels below us in terms of ability they are still in the fight for fourth and will desperately want to show their fans more than they did when we humiliated them 5-0 at Old Trafford last October. Not to mention how much they'd love to do anything they can to derail our challenge. Whether they are able to, in my view, is very much down to us.

Yes they have some individual talents who can hurt us, but as a team they can't live with us if we're anywhere close to our best. I expect we'll be rotating again here as we played Saturday (as did they), and with our depth we should be able to do this better than them. Having looked at their line up from the 3-2 win at home to Norwich and the bench it appears they have very few options to rotate that would make them significantly stronger. Also they were missing Fred & McTominay, not sure whether either are due to return.

I'd imagine we'll see Matip return alongside Virgil and Henderson will likely start having been sub on Saturday. As for the rest who knows, Firmino and Jota could come in, as could Jones, who had a great game against them last time. It's also possible we could limit rotation here and rotate more against Everton, as Villarreal follows that. It's a tough one to try and guess, but as we know by now Jurgen and his staff will get it right.

There's not a lot else that needs saying really, we turn up at or near our best we should win. Our lads know what's at stake in terms of the bigger picture and I'm sure they won't let any hype around the fixture get in the way of what they are trying to achieve. While I don't expect another 5-0, it should really be a comfortable game for us as long as there's no complacency on show.

This'll be my first ever time watching us play these live, and I'm massively looking forward to it, hope those in the Upper Main Stand are bringing their voices as I can't wait to let Jurgen know how glad I am that he's a red.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2022, 09:45:27 pm by TepidT2O »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
Re: PL: Liverpool vs MANU
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2022, 07:03:25 pm »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2022, 07:04:23 pm »
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2022, 08:00:32 pm »
0 underway, the reds attack the anfield road end in the first half
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2022, 08:04:00 pm »
4 Alisson humiliates an on rushing Rashford in the area with a filthy bit of skill
W

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2022, 08:04:10 pm »
Alisson with some filthy  footwork there

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2022, 08:05:24 pm »
Heh Heh Heh Heh

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2022, 08:05:54 pm »
5 1-0

Easy as you like

We pinch it off them on the right, no oneis covering Salah who screams up the pitch, crosses and Diaz tucks it away.

W

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2022, 08:06:01 pm »
What a goal, ripped them to shreds.  ;D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2022, 08:07:13 pm »
De Gea being 'ard

Calm down you muppet - Trent will flatten you

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
Re: PL: Liverpool 1 vs 0 MANU Diaz 5’
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2022, 08:08:01 pm »
7 applause on 7 minutes for their number 7.

Thoughts to Ronald and his poor partner from all of us here..

Fucking absolute class from everyone at Anfield

Take note other side of Manchester
« Last Edit: April 19, 2022, 08:23:25 pm by TepidT2O »
W

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2022, 08:09:33 pm »
7 applause on 7 minutes for their number 7.

Thoughts to Ronald and his poor partner from all of us here..

You can't buy class.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2022, 08:10:12 pm »
10 Pogba is hobbling and is being replaced by Lingard.  I think that improves them.

Think he was booed off by united fans too.
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2022, 08:11:32 pm »
11 corner to the reds, Salah is giving the, a torrid time on the right.

It’s cleared, Thiago puts it back in, but Diaz heads over.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2022, 08:13:14 pm by TepidT2O »
W

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2022, 08:12:52 pm »
10 Pogba is hobbling and is being replaced by Lingard.  I think that improves them.

Think he was booed off by united fans too.

He was

It's hilarious

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2022, 08:15:21 pm »
Over to Jill
W

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2022, 08:16:44 pm »
15 We get a corner after Mane's shot is deflected. It goes in at the back post, but Fab can't connect with it properly and its cleared.

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2022, 08:18:03 pm »
Passing is slick and quick. Thiago in particular has picked up where he left off against Man City.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2022, 08:18:33 pm »
17 United are so panicky at the moment, everything is rushed and they are giving the ball away constantly. We get a corner on the right, but its not one of Trent's best and is cleared.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2022, 08:20:04 pm »
18 Another corner to us, Robbo puts it in, it's half headed by Matip, it gets cleared but comes out again but Henderson can only blast it over the top.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2022, 08:21:25 pm »
20 We are continuing to dominate the possession, as United struggle to get hold of the ball. Thiago is forced to give it back to Alisson after some pressing from United.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2022, 08:21:45 pm »
Well that’s a wee bit special
W

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2022, 08:22:24 pm »
That.was.sublime....

Unreal

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
Re: PL: Liverpool 2 vs 0 MANU Diaz 5’ Salah 22’
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2022, 08:22:39 pm »
Is that Mona on the bench?
I’m not watching the bench!
W

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2022, 08:22:40 pm »
22 Get in!!! Salah scores a quality goal. It's a beautiful move with a lovely pass from Mane and Salah finishes it off.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2022, 08:23:29 pm »
You could say it was easy, but at the same time the timing of the pass from Mane is top, top quality.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2022, 08:24:05 pm »
Oh the passes from Diaz to Matip to Mane…

And then the little dink over the top!

W

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2022, 08:24:24 pm »
The second goal was a bit more  of a shred-ripping than the first, no?  :D

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2022, 08:25:08 pm »
Ha ha ha

The face on 'ol whiskey nose there

That goal was simply out of this world in its execution.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2022, 08:25:29 pm »
24 We continue to pass the ball really well, driven on by a great atmosphere. United are just retreating all of the time.

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2022, 08:26:23 pm »
The atmosphere is electric

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2022, 08:27:10 pm »
26 Never watched a game against this lot where they have been less of a team. They just can't even get a foot on the game.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2022, 08:28:37 pm »
27 There was a passage of play where we just passed the ball in a beautiful triangle involving four different players. Our passing is insane.

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2022, 08:28:47 pm »
More filth from Thiago - he'll be banned at this rate!

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2022, 08:30:26 pm »
29 At the moment we are just keeping control of the ball, passing it around. United have had no shots or chances they just don't have any answers.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2022, 08:30:31 pm »
Jurgen got excited by Sadio tracking all the way back to defend AWB... who subsequently dribbled out of bissaka...
So did I to be fair…
W

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2022, 08:31:55 pm »
30 We get another corner after another great move. It goes out and we have another corner.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2022, 08:33:00 pm »
32 The second corner goes in, De Gea clears, then comes out and Mane shoots, but the flag goes up on the far side.

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2022, 08:33:59 pm »
I've run out of superlatives for Thiago tonight - he is in cheat code mode.

What a privilege it is watching him ply his trade in the red shirt of Liverpool Football Club.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2022, 08:34:27 pm »
33 United actually get a corner, its terrible though and we easily clear and go down the other end.