Author Topic: Welcome to LFC Ben Doak  (Read 100483 times)

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Welcome to LFC Ben Doak
« Reply #840 on: May 23, 2024, 03:11:53 pm »
It amazes me how quick people are to slate this kid - yes, he's a kid - for 'lack of end product', yet are willing to bend over backwards for somebody like Diaz.

Honestly think some folk here automatically see a home grown talent and want him binned because he's not an exotic player from overseas. Yes, Doak needs to work on his end product but the raw talent is there to make him useful.

Dare I say it, he still links up better and presses better than somebody like Diaz anyway. Give him time and patience, he'll be worth more to us.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #841 on: May 23, 2024, 03:26:32 pm »
Obviously would rather he had a full preseason with Slot but at least he won't need the rest. Some game time for Scotland will do him good and Robbo will look after him.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #842 on: June 3, 2024, 11:19:31 am »
Suggestions that Scotland will be relying on him a bit more at the Euros, seems a bit much considering how long it's been since he last played, would be nice to see him coming on though, get his confidence and fitness back

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #843 on: June 3, 2024, 01:48:19 pm »
Fantastic opportunity for him to come off the bench for a few minutes here and there if he makes the final squad.

Unknown quantity to many he'll face and we know how fearless the lad is.

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #844 on: June 3, 2024, 01:51:03 pm »
Fantastic opportunity for him to come off the bench for a few minutes here and there if he makes the final squad.

Unknown quantity to many he'll face and we know how fearless the lad is.

Hopefully on the bench at least tonight

Offline terry_macss_perm

• looking to be flogged
  • Kopite
« Reply #845 on: June 3, 2024, 01:54:49 pm »
Hopefully on the bench at least tonight

He missed training the other day. Is he even fit for tonight?

Offline dutchkop

• has an issue with his phlemish phalange (bunch of jackals, leave him alone).
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #846 on: June 3, 2024, 02:24:55 pm »
hopefully he gets some game time in warmups and makes the squad.. we need him to be fit and raring to go in August.

Good luck Ben!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #847 on: June 3, 2024, 04:20:35 pm »

Apparently not

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #848 on: June 3, 2024, 07:12:30 pm »

What's Clarke playing at selecting him? He's barely kicked a ball since knee surgery in December and only started training again the last week of the season.

Just hope he doesn't break down after rushing back like Diaz last year. Hopefully he comes back unscathed and ready for pre-season.

If he does come back okay then it'll help fitness wise though.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #849 on: June 4, 2024, 03:43:20 pm »
It's a pretty shocking indictment of their squad to be fair. Hopefully he gets some minutes and an opportunity to develop, but in the games he's played for us so far he hasn't shown an ability to adapt in-game to the challenges he's come up against. Hopefully he's over his injury troubles and gets a good loan next season, to help him establish to the best of his ability. He won't be getting many chances for minutes with us in the CL now but even in the league cup (outside of an injury crisis), I don't think

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #850 on: June 4, 2024, 03:52:50 pm »
It's a pretty shocking indictment of their squad to be fair. Hopefully he gets some minutes and an opportunity to develop, but in the games he's played for us so far he hasn't shown an ability to adapt in-game to the challenges he's come up against. Hopefully he's over his injury troubles and gets a good loan next season, to help him establish to the best of his ability. He won't be getting many chances for minutes with us in the CL now but even in the league cup (outside of an injury crisis), I don't think

I don't agree. The Scottish squad does look poor but Doak's inclusion might also be a recognition that international football - including the Euros and World Cup - is a feeble thing compared to elite club football. So why not give him a go?
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #851 on: June 4, 2024, 03:59:18 pm »
I don't agree. The Scottish squad does look poor but Doak's inclusion might also be a recognition that international football - including the Euros and World Cup - is a feeble thing compared to elite club football. So why not give him a go?
I think your disagreement might be with Fromola. Because I agree, I hope he plays for them and develops (because at our much higher level, my guess is that there won't be many opportunities except via loan).

You'll definitely get no argument from me with regard to international football. It's such poor quality, especially at Scotland's level!

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #852 on: June 4, 2024, 04:30:59 pm »
I think your disagreement might be with Fromola. Because I agree, I hope he plays for them and develops (because at our much higher level, my guess is that there won't be many opportunities except via loan).

You'll definitely get no argument from me with regard to international football. It's such poor quality, especially at Scotland's level!

Ah yes. For once I disagree with Fromola.....
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #853 on: June 4, 2024, 05:36:04 pm »

The argument against it is the fact he's been injured since last year and has only just started training again.

He'd only just turned 18 when he got the injury so Scotland don't need to be taking those kind of risks with him. He's got a lot of potential for us and Scotland but he's shown zero end product in a Liverpool shirt so far (not to be unexpected given his age and lack of experience).

Offline Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #854 on: June 4, 2024, 06:00:45 pm »
The argument against it is the fact he's been injured since last year and has only just started training again.

But this bloke has provided the argument for it.......

If he does come back okay then it'll help fitness wise though.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #855 on: June 4, 2024, 06:13:41 pm »
It's a big squad this year so they're probably taking him to acclimatise him to the international tournament experience, a la Theo Walcott. There's no guarantee he even plays a minute.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #856 on: June 4, 2024, 08:19:18 pm »
It's a big squad this year so they're probably taking him to acclimatise him to the international tournament experience, a la Theo Walcott. There's no guarantee he even plays a minute.

Walcott is finished. They should take Antti Niemi he's not finished he's only 28.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #857 on: June 4, 2024, 08:22:36 pm »
Been withdrawn 😕

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #858 on: June 4, 2024, 09:53:39 pm »
Nice one Clarke.

Stupid to pick him when he's been injured since last year. Let's hope he hasn't fucked his pre-season up.