Author Topic: The FA Cup  (Read 335077 times)

Online 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
  • Now it's time for Jurgens men
Re: The FA Cup
« Reply #3320 on: December 11, 2023, 04:08:04 pm »
Both Brighton and Wolves in the FA Cup last season dropped to all seasies/members so I cannot see anything other than them doing the same this time too.

Yeah they'll never mix home and away ladders in terms of giving people priority unless it's a neutral ground like semi/final etc

Offline SingFongFC

• Kopite
  • L-I-V, E-R-P, Double O L, Liverpool FC
« Reply #3321 on: December 11, 2023, 06:27:24 pm »
Yeah they'll never mix home and away ladders in terms of giving people priority unless it's a neutral ground like semi/final etc

No they probably won’t, I know that - but I don’t see why in this rare instance of a potentially huge allocation.

As long as everyone with previous credits are sorted first, where’s the issue?

Surely anyone with years of home FA Cup attendance deserves a shot over someone who has only just got a membership this season?

Online 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3322 on: December 11, 2023, 10:30:43 pm »
No they probably won’t, I know that - but I don’t see why in this rare instance of a potentially huge allocation.

As long as everyone with previous credits are sorted first, where’s the issue?

Surely anyone with years of home FA Cup attendance deserves a shot over someone who has only just got a membership this season?

I  think  its just to prevent even more arguments of 'closed shops'

I agree with you on it personally should reward home loyalty for away sales but the club see the point above

Offline Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3323 on: December 12, 2023, 11:59:47 am »
Anyone got the info/time to list the previous FA cup aways with allocations? What was the Palace allocation in 2015?

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/179532-palace-v-liverpool-ticket-details

^^ nothing on there
We're the kings of Europe, the pride of Merseyside, we'll fight for no surrender, we'll fight for Shankly's pride.

Offline Willo99

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3324 on: December 12, 2023, 12:01:55 pm »
Anyone got the info/time to list the previous FA cup aways with allocations? What was the Palace allocation in 2015?

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/179532-palace-v-liverpool-ticket-details

^^ nothing on there

3800ish

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #3325 on: December 12, 2023, 12:05:58 pm »

^^ nothing on there

West Ham - 5990
Wolves - 4774
Shrewsbury - 1684
Chelsea - 5466
Wolves - 4817
Brighton - 4815

That's all I have as I only got on at West Ham so haven't needed to record anything before that in my nerdy little spreadsheet. Notts Forest was 4059 but pointless including it as it didn't count.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline tasmichkata

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3326 on: December 12, 2023, 12:13:22 pm »

^^ nothing on there

You don't need these so far ago.

Offline Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3327 on: December 12, 2023, 12:13:58 pm »
Oh yeh I forgot about Shrewsbury
We're the kings of Europe, the pride of Merseyside, we'll fight for no surrender, we'll fight for Shankly's pride.

Online ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #3328 on: December 12, 2023, 12:31:22 pm »

^^ nothing on there

You and Nick will qualify for this Tom, 100%.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Online ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #3329 on: December 12, 2023, 12:37:14 pm »
As our last FA Cup away, Brighton, dropped to all seasies/members, I can only see them doing this :

1st sale (guaranteed) - those with Brighton from last season

2nd sale - all seasies/members
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #3330 on: December 12, 2023, 01:51:12 pm »
As our last FA Cup away, Brighton, dropped to all seasies/members, I can only see them doing this :

Shame we can't bet on it as you're usually right ;D

Is Nick his brother? Because at first I thought you'd quoted the wrong person. I was like, "I know Andy?" and then I realised you meant him haha. My brother is called Nick and on the ladder with me.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #3331 on: December 12, 2023, 03:06:42 pm »

All seasies/members with home cup attendance or not?

Offline VVM

• Kopite
  • OVER AN HOUR LEFT ESTIMATED TIME
« Reply #3332 on: December 12, 2023, 03:12:20 pm »
It will just be all season ticket holders and all members at the same time. Personally think those with home credits should be given the opportunity first but I don't think it's ever been done in the past so can't see it happening this time either.

Even if it was just something simple like everyone who had at least 1 home credit from the last 5 years, it would be something at least.

Online ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #3333 on: December 12, 2023, 03:24:18 pm »
Shame we can't bet on it as you're usually right ;DIs Nick his brother? Because at first I thought you'd quoted the wrong person. I was like, "I know Andy?" and then I realised you meant him haha. My brother is called Nick and on the ladder with me.
Too many Tom's  ;D Ahh no its not, I know him too.

Offline Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3334 on: December 12, 2023, 03:24:28 pm »

Thank you sir I thought we would, I was just sending myself round in circles with the previous history that was totally irrelevant !

Online ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #3335 on: December 12, 2023, 03:25:23 pm »
All seasies/members with home cup attendance or not?
No, home attendance won't come into it, it never does.

Online ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #3336 on: December 12, 2023, 03:27:38 pm »
Thank you sir I thought we would, I was just sending myself round in circles with the previous history that was totally irrelevant !
No worries! The game changer was the fact that both Wolves and Brighton dropped to everyone because without that, depending on the allocation, they would have had to go back to Chelsea from 2020.

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3337 on: December 12, 2023, 04:20:35 pm »

Think they could use both from 21/22 as they are near identical allocations. Gives a chance to those who went to Wolves but not Brighton, and didn't just buy Brighton for the credit.

1 away from 21/22 guaranteed - Wolves, Brighton
All ST/members

If they only go back one game the club are saying miss a single game and you could be off the ladder. That would only encourage people to buy with no intention of going, just for credits - and I think they are trying to get away from that.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3338 on: December 12, 2023, 04:53:02 pm »
No, home attendance won't come into it, it never does.

Thought so. No chance then for us members who have been the home cup games for over a decade

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3339 on: December 12, 2023, 05:45:21 pm »
Thought so. No chance then for us members who have been the home cup games for over a decade

They'll be a chance. Albeit miniscule

Online ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #3340 on: December 12, 2023, 07:03:59 pm »
Think they could use both from 21/22 as they are near identical allocations. Gives a chance to those who went to Wolves but not Brighton, and didn't just buy Brighton for the credit.

All ST/members

If they only go back one game the club are saying miss a single game and you could be off the ladder. That would only encourage people to buy with no intention of going, just for credits - and I think they are trying to get away from that.
Yeah thats a very good point, makes sense.

Online ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #3341 on: December 12, 2023, 07:05:47 pm »
They'll be a chance. Albeit miniscule
Not if we get the full 9K it won't be, will be well over 4K dropping to all seasies/members. 

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3342 on: December 12, 2023, 08:01:05 pm »
Not if we get the full 9K it won't be, will be well over 4K dropping to all seasies/members. 

Oh yeah well I'm assuming that's absolutely not going to happen.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3343 on: December 12, 2023, 09:07:41 pm »
They should at least consider putting them on sale to all STHs and members signed up for the ACS this season or something.

Online 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3344 on: December 12, 2023, 09:53:51 pm »

All ST/members

It'll be 1 of the two guaranteed

Offline SingFongFC

• Kopite
« Reply #3345 on: December 12, 2023, 10:02:07 pm »
They should at least consider putting them on sale to all STHs and members signed up for the ACS this season or something.

Yeah I’d be happy enough with that, seeing as home credits from previous seasons unlikely to be taken into account

Online ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #3346 on: December 12, 2023, 10:38:27 pm »
Thats still mixing homes with aways though so it simply won't happen.

The only time I've ever known them to include homes in any non home match selling criteria was for the Charity Shield.

Offline SingFongFC

• Kopite
« Reply #3347 on: December 12, 2023, 11:57:49 pm »
Thats still mixing homes with aways though so it simply won't happen.

The only time I've ever known them to include homes in any non home match selling criteria was for the Charity Shield.

You’re right of course - it won’t happen.

But I’m a bit non plussed as to why they never consider another approach.

Just because they’ve always done it like that, doesn’t mean it’s right.

It’s interesting you mention the Charity Shield there - that was one instance when they did something they’d not done before and included league homes in the criteria.

So why was that alright to do, but they likely won’t even consider including FA Cup homes here? Doesn’t make sense to me!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2023, 12:16:42 am by SingFongFC »

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3348 on: December 13, 2023, 08:53:00 am »
You’re right of course - it won’t happen.

But I’m a bit non plussed as to why they never consider another approach.

Just because they’ve always done it like that, doesn’t mean it’s right.

It’s interesting you mention the Charity Shield there - that was one instance when they did something they’d not done before and included league homes in the criteria.

So why was that alright to do, but they likely won’t even consider including FA Cup homes here? Doesn’t make sense to me!

Because it's not an away game, it is a neutral venue.

For any at a neutral venue they use the games that qualified us for that game:
semi final - home and aways in that cup
final - home & aways in that cup
charity shield - qualified by league position - home and away league games
charity shield - qualified by winning the fa cup -  home and aways from the fa cup

Offline DOG-LFC8

• Kopite
  • We've conquered Europe and we're never gonna stop
« Reply #3349 on: December 13, 2023, 09:14:33 am »
Surely the TO will release details this week? Draw 10 days ago now and Arsenal sales well underway

Offline ScubaSteve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3350 on: December 13, 2023, 09:22:30 am »
Because it's not an away game, it is a neutral venue.

For any at a neutral venue they use the games that qualified us for that game:
semi final - home and aways in that cup
final - home & aways in that cup
charity shield - qualified by league position - home and away league games
charity shield - qualified by winning the fa cup -  home and aways from the fa cup

That’s true but they should defo introduce a prerequisite for away cup tickets rather than going on general sale to all STHs and members…that’s just a joke.

It should be added at the very minimum as part of joining the ACS. You join the ACS and we can knocked out before there’s even a home game so there’s an opportunity then to get to one. It will deter the bots too

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3351 on: December 13, 2023, 09:29:19 am »
Surely the TO will release details this week? Draw 10 days ago now and Arsenal sales well underway

Probably still awaiting the confirmation of our allocation.   
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Brains1980

• Kemlynite
« Reply #3352 on: December 15, 2023, 09:36:09 am »
Probably still awaiting the confirmation of our allocation.
Surely an announcement today at some point

Offline DOG-LFC8

• Kopite
  • We've conquered Europe and we're never gonna stop
« Reply #3353 on: December 15, 2023, 10:04:54 am »
A joke at this stage. Christmas coming up going to make post a nightmare also if they don't get this moving quick

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3354 on: December 15, 2023, 10:09:43 am »
A joke at this stage. Christmas coming up going to make post a nightmare also if they don't get this moving quick

Just because Arsenal have had their own ticket news up for a week doesn't mean we should have done the same. It's never the fault at our end.

Offline deanloco9

• Kopite
« Reply #3355 on: December 15, 2023, 10:11:39 am »
Extremely likely Arsenal are delaying sending the tickets so they can use their usual BS 'Safety advisory group' to cut the allocation so we don't have the time to appeal it.

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #3356 on: December 15, 2023, 11:45:07 am »
Yeah, fuck-off Arsenal.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3357 on: December 15, 2023, 11:50:29 am »
To be fair there's absolutely every chance that Arsenal have already confirmed the allocation and the ticket office haven't been arsed to do anything with it yet, considering that the first sale (other than ACS) for West Ham is two days before the fucking match I wouldn't be surprised. Appreciate there's mitigating circumstances with the Upper Anny for West Ham which obviously doesn't apply for Arsenal but nothing would really surprise me.

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3358 on: December 15, 2023, 11:54:25 am »
Is anybody really surprised

Offline Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3359 on: December 15, 2023, 12:30:36 pm »
Can we give the TO some room - this is a particularly complex selling arrangement they have to fathom