Poll

The incoming Tory Tax Cuts..

Brilliant! With everyone struggling at the moment, a few hundred quid would be most welcome
Maybe a small one, but money should be spent on failing public services
I am an egg and I like cheese and fluffy squirrels called Bob. Bob the Fluffy squirrel is my fave babes.
There shouldn't be a tax cut when public services are already so broken. Keep spending what we are
Far more investment is needed in this country. Spend the money where it's needed now and fuck this stupid Austerity shite.

Author Topic: Get out of our country yer gang of fucking bellends. TORIES OUT!  (Read 1345911 times)

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: TORY ONLY Polticis Thread
« Reply #280 on: January 14, 2022, 09:01:32 am »
Newsnight last night showed a lot had turned against him. Even rw shock jock Isabel Oakeshot had gone in on him now. He’s a busted flush.

I think the Gray report will slam the civil servants and spads who’ll have to go in the short term. Johnson won’t contest the next election though. It’s how long he clings on (he’s probably bust so needs the house…).

Long term - the actual biggest change needed down there is to the Met. Their double standards, corruption and the calibre of people they have let in is dangerous. They’re still an 80s police force. Although aren’t they all…

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #281 on: January 14, 2022, 09:15:31 am »
The performance of the backbench Tories at PMQs - spewing out irrelevant questions like a Catherine wheel - and then the forced story about MI5 and the Chinese soft-power influencer show how completely rattled they are by all this and the desperation to divert attention elsewhere.  Hopefully they exhaust their box of tricks on Johnson.

Johnson may ride this all out but I just don't see anything on the horizon which swings public opinion significantly back his way.  We just got landed with a £900(!) gas/electric bill from British Gas for a single quarter - the same quarter with the now defunct People's Energy cost us £300 last year.  When the dust settles on what an irresponsible and selfish man Johnson is they're going to have to start dealing with actual problems.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #282 on: January 14, 2022, 09:53:16 am »
I'm not a massive fan of the Royals, but that picture of the Queen sat on her own at her own husbands funeral absolutely boils my piss!  :no

They are literally taking us for mugs, all of us.

I'm the same. Regardless of personal views on the Royals, but this is a Tory No 10, so it's fair to assume there's a bit more Royal support, it shows a massive lack of awareness to have a party the night before a funeral when it would have been known that she would be alone.

They are either so arrogant, or so lacking in awareness, or so confident they wouldn't get caught that it didn't register.
The fact that no one in Number 10 thought "hang on a minute" speaks volumes for the culture that clearly exists.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/

Online lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #284 on: January 14, 2022, 10:00:14 am »
Thats the chinese spy back in her box then...

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #285 on: January 14, 2022, 10:08:50 am »
I'm not a massive fan of the Royals, but that picture of the Queen sat on her own at her own husbands funeral absolutely boils my piss!  :no

They are literally taking us for mugs, all of us.

That is what will turn people against them. I don't care either way for the Royals, but seeing a bereaved woman sat totally alone at her husbands funeral was awful, but felt necessary at the time as everybody else was doing it. But to then find out this shower were having fucking pissups :no

I go back to my original feelings, I wish Covid had killed Boris and the rest of them
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #286 on: January 14, 2022, 10:16:11 am »
The biggest bafflement is who the fuck would want to spend a single second with any of these dickheads at a party.

Bunch of weird overentitled pricks who genuinely think they’re basically in the West Wing when they’re budget apprentice candidates.

Johnson needs to go obviously / and “underlings” shouldn’t carry the can alone - but they all need to fucking go.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: January 14, 2022, 10:30:29 am »
On the subject of the Queen, wasn't he pissed off at not getting an invite to the funeral?

I'm sure I remember something in the days running up to it he felt he should be there in support as the standing PM.

Well fuck you Boris!!!

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #288 on: January 14, 2022, 11:10:54 am »
The best result IMO would be for Gray's report to let Bozo off on some spurious technicality meaning he carries on, but disdain and anger grows with the general public, and all the corrupt shysters who comprise the whole government are similarly tainted.

Bozo is just a chancer, a figurehead. There are far more dangerous and malevolent pieces of shit in that Tory Party, who will do more damage to 'ordinary working people' (tm) than the egotist clown currently in No10.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Circa1892

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #289 on: January 14, 2022, 11:11:58 am »
The damage is also probably done for the local elections - so nobody will want to succeed him until  after them.

Offline Circa1892

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: January 14, 2022, 11:20:26 am »
Can't believe some are still clinging to the work event distinction. It's quite clearly a group of people who never grew up having a sixth form party.

What do they want, videos of Johnson and Patel dancing to Grease fucking Lightening.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #291 on: January 14, 2022, 11:26:45 am »
She is a fucking waste of space.

She’s one of their public school gang. Her job is to protect the establishment.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #292 on: January 14, 2022, 11:29:50 am »
So what happens if Johnsons forced to bring back tougher Covid restrictions, he wouldn't have the respect or the credibility to do it. we have a PM with no power to make decisions on our direction during a Pandemic.
Chris Bryant

It feels as if the major from Fawlty Towers has taken over the Tory campaign.
10:42 PM · May 25, 2024
·

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: January 14, 2022, 11:30:23 am »
I hope this is relevant to the thread, it’s about Cummings blog:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/jan/14/intoxicating-insidery-and-infuriating-everything-i-learned-about-dominic-cummings-from-his-10-a-month-blog

I won’t post the whole thing as it’s a pretty long read. Guess what though? He’s an awful, dangerous man. And so is Cummings.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #294 on: January 14, 2022, 11:41:05 am »
So what happens if Johnsons forced to bring back tougher Covid restrictions, he wouldn't have the respect or the credibility to do it. we have a PM with no power to make decisions on our direction during a Pandemic.
The public will rightly tell him to shove it up his gigantic arse. Can't believe he still hasn't resigned, the guy has no shame and not one person in his party has an ounce of honour. Much like Thatcher, not many people will be too upset when his time of death comes.

I'm guessing the longer this goes on, the more the vote shifts towards Labour?

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: January 14, 2022, 11:42:57 am »

I can't see that happening now, but if he did, they would rightly tell him to fuck off!

Online Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #296 on: January 14, 2022, 11:45:47 am »
This is not necessarily bad news. There will be more stories to come, footage to be released. Him getting forced out or resigning allows the Tories to draw a line under this episode and move on. Instead with the ‘investigation’ giving him a clean pass the story keeps on going. They will get slaughtered in the local council elections, the letters of no confidence will keep on coming, we need this to be a long drawn out exit to cause the most damage.
Was going to post something similar, if true this is excellent news as it gives the impression that he is above the law!
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #297 on: January 14, 2022, 11:48:39 am »
The public will rightly tell him to shove it up his gigantic arse. Can't believe he still hasn't resigned, the guy has no shame and not an ounce of honour. Much like Thatcher, not many people will be too upset when his time of death comes.

I'm guessing the longer this goes on, the more the vote shifts towards Labour?
The Torys need to answer the question. are they going to allow the country to be led with a PM with no authority during a Pandemic.
I agree the longer this goes on the more the Tory MPs get tainted in the publics eyes.
Chris Bryant

·

Online Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #298 on: January 14, 2022, 11:54:35 am »
I can't see that happening now, but if he did, they would rightly tell him to fuck off!
Yep think we are past the peak, but agree there's not a chance anyone would listen to a word he said now, he's totally lost his authority
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: January 14, 2022, 12:09:12 pm »
The Torys need to answer the question. are they going to allow the country to be led with a PM with no authority during a Pandemic.
I agree the longer this goes on the more the Tory MPs get tainted in the publics eyes.
I think this is a productive line to go down, but let's be frank, anyone that has turned a blind eye, stuck up for him and tolerated his mendacity is, or should be, already tainted by association.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: January 14, 2022, 12:13:51 pm »
The damage is also probably done for the local elections - so nobody will want to succeed him until  after them.
If the public gives them a kicking in the local elections - please God - the Tory party will move to get rid.

Online Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: January 14, 2022, 12:18:04 pm »
On the kop last night "we're going to have a party, we're going to have a party, we're going to have a party, when Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson dies" 😀

Online redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #302 on: January 14, 2022, 12:32:23 pm »

Nah, the longer it goes on, the more people are getting used to it and ignore it.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: January 14, 2022, 12:39:42 pm »
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/jan/14/no-10-apologises-palace-parties-eve-prince-philip-funeral-queen-covid

No 10 apologises to Queen over parties on eve of Prince Philip funeral

Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson’s spokesperson says ‘it’s deeply regrettable that this took place at a time of national mourning’

No 10 has apologised to the Queen for two parties that took place in Downing Street on the eve of Prince Philip’s funeral last year, Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson’s spokesperson has said.

The Daily Telegraph reported that two separate leaving parties, for the former director of communications James Slack and a government photographer, were held on 16 April, with drinking continuing into the early hours.

Confirming an apology had been issued to Buckingham Palace, the prime minister’s spokesperson said: “It’s deeply regrettable that this took place at a time of national mourning, and No 10 has apologised to the palace for that.”

He declined to say whether Johnson would apologise in person to the Queen at his next private audience with her, but said the prime minister recognised the public’s “significant anger” about lockdown-busting social events.

The monarch mourned alone at her husband’s funeral because Covid rules at the time prohibited indoor mixing.

According to partygoers who spoke to the Telegraph, the events on 16 April continued into the early hours in the Downing Street garden. A staff member was reportedly sent with a suitcase to a Co-op store on the Strand, a short walk away, returning with the case filled with bottles of wine, and music was played.

“You’ve heard from the prime minister this week. He’s recognised No 10 should be held to the highest standards and take responsibility for things we did not get right,” the spokesperson said.

Slack, who worked closely with Theresa May before joining Johnson’s team, issued his own apology on Friday. He said: “I wish to apologise unreservedly for the anger and hurt caused, This event should not have happened at the time that it did. I am deeply sorry, and take full responsibility.”

Johnson has come under intense pressure over revelations of a string of lockdown parties in Downing Street, which are being investigated by the senior civil servant Sue Gray.

The prime minister told MPs on Wednesday he had attended a gathering in the Downing Street garden on 20 May 2020 but claimed he had believed it was a “work event”.

Several MPs including the Scottish Conservative leader, Douglas Ross, and the backbencher Andrew Bridgen have since called for Johnson to resign.

Gray is expected to point to a drinking culture in Downing Street, but it is unclear whether she will point the finger directly at Johnson.

The spokesperson declined to say whether he attended Slack’s leaving party himself, saying it would be “inappropriate to comment” in advance of Gray’s inquiry.

“We think it’s right to allow Sue Gray to finalise and conclude her investigation which will set out the full facts,” he said.

Sue Gray's gonna have a long fucking list soon enough.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 12:47:14 pm by CornerFlag »
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #304 on: January 14, 2022, 12:41:01 pm »
“Number 10 has apologised to the Palace”

Firstly, was it a proper apology or are they sorry for Queen’s perception? Secondly, if they have actually apologised for having a party, why didn’t that need to wait for Sue Gray to finish her investigation into whether there was a party or not?

If they’ve apologised to Buckingham Palace then it happened.  The Met needn’t wait for a civil servant’s report now, surely.

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: January 14, 2022, 12:43:37 pm »
He’s still trying to dig his way out of the hole. He’s like Trump-he obviously really needs the job for his own personal reasons.

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: January 14, 2022, 12:45:40 pm »
I think this is a productive line to go down, but let's be frank, anyone that has turned a blind eye, stuck up for him and tolerated his mendacity is, or should be, already tainted by association.
Yeah, that's how I see it. even the civil service and the Met are cringing, they must be praying he's gone soon.

Nah, the longer it goes on, the more people are getting used to it and ignore it.
I would normally agree 100% and am sure the Torys are thinking people will forget, IMO. it's a big mistake on this occasion.
Many of Johnsons fans are looking at him in a different light and forming opinions on him and the people who defend him. this will blow over but these people will still hold a negative view of Johnson and this government. the longer this goes on the harder it will be for others not to change their views as well.
Chris Bryant

·

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #307 on: January 14, 2022, 12:55:52 pm »
I hope this is relevant to the thread, it’s about Cummings blog:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/jan/14/intoxicating-insidery-and-infuriating-everything-i-learned-about-dominic-cummings-from-his-10-a-month-blog

I won’t post the whole thing as it’s a pretty long read. Guess what though? He’s an awful, dangerous man. And so is Cummings.

It’s an interesting read.  Cummings certainly thought he was the brains behind everything. But as the author says Cummings went whilst Johnson stays.
I think the guy(s) is/are dangerous in that he/they seem to lack any emotional intelligence.

Cummings seems only to have time for those who adore his genius, and hates anyone who points out his new suit isn’t really all there. I reckon he was bullied at school for being a swot.
He latched on to the use of computer analytics, although I doubt he did the work, and has seen how the tools can carry him forward. He is now attempting to keep relevant whilst making lots of money telling/selling his version of the truth.

"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: January 14, 2022, 12:58:32 pm »
Yeah, that's how I see it. even the civil service and the Met are cringing, they must be praying he's gone soon.
 I would normally agree 100% and am sure the Torys are thinking people will forget, IMO. it's a big mistake on this occasion.
Many of Johnsons fans are looking at him in a different light and forming opinions on him and the people who defend him. this will blow over but these people will still hold a negative view of Johnson and this government. the longer this goes on the harder it will be for others not to change their views as well.
Johnson rode out the unlawful proroguing of parliament and countless defeats in the commons, and turned that into a huge majority just a few months later.  I think there's plenty in the Tory party that believe he can repeat the trick.

As you say though the difference is that this is "real" for a lot more people.  A lot couldn't give care less about democratic procedure and probably saw Johnson as being an anti-establishment champion for sticking it to the Westminster elites.  What could be more Westminster elite though than getting your mates to keep finding loopholes to get you off the hook?

They came unstuck over Owen Paterson and they've not learned the lesson from that.  They'll keep on winning the Westminster battles as they control so many of the levers and hold a huge majority but hopefully they'll ultimately lose the backing of the public.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #309 on: January 14, 2022, 01:05:46 pm »
The moment the public, including your supporters, go from justified outrage, to justified full on taking the piss you're done for. Johnson is fucked and thank god for that. Cretinous twat (that could apply to a lot of them).
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: January 14, 2022, 01:10:39 pm »
Johnson rode out the unlawful proroguing of parliament and countless defeats in the commons, and turned that into a huge majority just a few months later.  I think there's plenty in the Tory party that believe he can repeat the trick.

As you say though the difference is that this is "real" for a lot more people.  A lot couldn't give care less about democratic procedure and probably saw Johnson as being an anti-establishment champion for sticking it to the Westminster elites.  What could be more Westminster elite though than getting your mates to keep finding loopholes to get you off the hook?

They came unstuck over Owen Paterson and they've not learned the lesson from that.  They'll keep on winning the Westminster battles as they control so many of the levers and hold a huge majority but hopefully they'll ultimately lose the backing of the public.
Yes, Johnson was fighting for something they believed in so they had no problem with anything he did to try and achieve it. a lot more to it as many willingly lapped up the spin to defend him. they willingly closed their eyes and ears to the warnings about Johnsons character. I think the blinkers have been taken off for many people. they are more receptive to all the negatives we have known for years. the danger I suppose is apathy, the all politicians are bent. they all lie.
Chris Bryant

·

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #311 on: January 14, 2022, 01:32:51 pm »
Yes, Johnson was fighting for something they believed in so they had no problem with anything he did to try and achieve it. a lot more to it as many willingly lapped up the spin to defend him. they willingly closed their eyes and ears to the warnings about Johnsons character. I think the blinkers have been taken off for many people. they are more receptive to all the negatives we have known for years. the danger I suppose is apathy, the all politicians are bent. they all lie.
Johnson tapped into the people who had been told that foreigners were the problem, and all those do gooders who wanted to do away with pints of beer and conkers the ones who believe that health and safety has gone mad and you can’t tell racist sexist or homophobic jokes anymore  without someone getting upset.
That prick who was flooded out in Ironbridge telling the world that if Boris came down and had a pint with him they could sort the flooding out together, comes to mind.
The media image of devil may care man of the people, fed up with rules and regulations, able to speak his mind, was cultivated over many years.
Even the name Boris. His family call him Alex or Sasha. The Boris thing is all smoke and mirrors. 

The thing is the mirror has cracked and now this same flag waving Britannia Rule the waves types are realising that he and his gang were taking them for fools. The picture of Mrs Windsor sitting alone whilst they buried her husband, the morning after Johnson’s team were bringing in suitcases of booze for a piss up in No10 has struck something in them.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: January 14, 2022, 01:51:14 pm »
Johnson tapped into the people who had been told that foreigners were the problem, and all those do gooders who wanted to do away with pints of beer and conkers the ones who believe that health and safety has gone mad and you can’t tell racist sexist or homophobic jokes anymore  without someone getting upset.
That prick who was flooded out in Ironbridge telling the world that if Boris came down and had a pint with him they could sort the flooding out together, comes to mind.
The media image of devil may care man of the people, fed up with rules and regulations, able to speak his mind, was cultivated over many years.
Even the name Boris. His family call him Alex or Sasha. The Boris thing is all smoke and mirrors. 

The thing is the mirror has cracked and now this same flag waving Britannia Rule the waves types are realising that he and his gang were taking them for fools. The picture of Mrs Windsor sitting alone whilst they buried her husband, the morning after Johnson’s team were bringing in suitcases of booze for a piss up in No10 has struck something in them.
Yep. I think back to all those smiling giggling faces in Johnsons audience when he gave his speeches, the tv presenters like Scofield and Willoughby embarrassing themselves under his spell. they are a good gauge on how things are going, how many smiling faces would Johnson get today if he gave a speech. Am certain there will still be the die hard Torys who will vote Tory no matter what but they don't win elections but as you say this is real, it's not really political or complicated. it's about seeing a charlatan for what they are after the blinkers have been taken off. Johnson is finished, it's a matter of how will the Tory party come out of it. longer this drags on the more tainted they become.
Chris Bryant

·

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #313 on: January 14, 2022, 02:19:15 pm »
That is what will turn people against them. I don't care either way for the Royals, but seeing a bereaved woman sat totally alone at her husbands funeral was awful, but felt necessary at the time as everybody else was doing it. But to then find out this shower were having fucking pissups :no

I go back to my original feelings, I wish Covid had killed Boris and the rest of them

I think what will hurt the Tories more is when the cost of living starts to bite, with the energy price rises due in the spring.
#Sausages

Online lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #314 on: January 14, 2022, 02:44:44 pm »
Yep. I think back to all those smiling giggling faces in Johnsons audience when he gave his speeches, the tv presenters like Scofield and Willoughby embarrassing themselves under his spell. they are a good gauge on how things are going, how many smiling faces would Johnson get today if he gave a speech. Am certain there will still be the die hard Torys who will vote Tory no matter what but they don't win elections but as you say this is real, it's not really political or complicated. it's about seeing a charlatan for what they are after the blinkers have been taken off. Johnson is finished, it's a matter of how will the Tory party come out of it. longer this drags on the more tainted they become.

Trouble is the damage is done. Regardless of when he goes there are a raft of bills going through Parliament unchallenged that intend to turn us into an autocracy and could easily condemn us to Tory rule for years more.
Mandatory voter IDs, no doubt harder to obtain for those likely to vote against the Tories along with Patel's Crime and Justice bill and much more. Cressida dicks thugs for example will easily be able to trawl through your education and health history and of course you can be locked up for simply being too noisy at a demonstration.

The man of the people (Johnson) unite the people against a mythical or ideological foe (EU) then isolates them (Brexit) Then he removes their rights and freedoms and once they are cold, hungry and too poor/desperate to fight the job is finished.

We see it many times before, just not here.
No accident Orban was one of the first official visitors to the UK! Boris was fact finding.
Boris has this image of a buffoon and clown but he is a nasty entitled arrogant fascist. He has surrounded himself with likeminded individuals and he is funded by them as well.

The New York Times was warning of this very thing a few days ago and I'm not sure we aren't already over the precipice now.

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: January 14, 2022, 02:49:57 pm »
It could never happen here…

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: January 14, 2022, 03:06:21 pm »

Not sure if that's a joke or serious?

Both the Republicans and the Tories are a huge threat to US and UK democracies.  It seems that many have forgotten their history or willingly turned a blind eye, thinking it could "never happen here."

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #317 on: January 14, 2022, 03:08:25 pm »
Not sure if that's a joke or serious?

Both the Republicans and the Tories are a huge threat to US and UK democracies.

Yeah, just repeating a 20th century meme. The authoritarian bills being pushed through on the quiet, or at least to little dissent, is frightening. Of course, our government wouldn’t use them to protect themselves, would they?

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #318 on: January 14, 2022, 03:13:23 pm »

This is exactly the attitude which ensures that it will happen here.

Have you any idea what is in the Crime and Justice bill?

It seems most aren't even aware of it, or even worse support it.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: January 14, 2022, 03:16:23 pm »
This is exactly the attitude which ensures that it will happen here.

Have you any idea what is in the Crime and Justice bill?

It seems most aren't even aware of it, or even worse support it.

It was sarcasm. Doesn’t come over well in print, I realise.