Author Topic: Inter Milan Round of 16 2022  (Read 29749 times)

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
Re: Inter Milan Round of 16 2022
« Reply #240 on: February 12, 2022, 09:09:59 am »
It must be one that you pay for and not one of the free NHS ones…even though they are identical, it s a complete rip off.
Cheers, couldn’t agree more.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline russmills10

• Main Stander
  • Kopite
« Reply #241 on: February 12, 2022, 10:56:39 am »
Cheers, couldn’t agree more.
Thats a joke- are the PCRs still free then?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2022, 11:00:41 am by russmills10 »

Offline Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #242 on: February 12, 2022, 11:15:47 am »
Thats a joke- are the PCRs still free then?

You pay for the admin and certification around it from a private company. Govt. doesn’t provide that service. There has never been free travel testing (PCR or lat flow). If there was - non-travellers would be paying for it. Just over a tenner for a lat flow doesn’t feel extortionate if the country you’re entering insists you have one.
Long live the King

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #243 on: February 12, 2022, 11:44:26 am »
So for example I can see some companies online offering click and collect kits - The one in looking at is the Randox one for £14.50 called Certifly. Is that good enough for these purposes?

Sorry for all the questions but as I say I haven’t traveled since Covid and although I was aware of some of the stuff, it seems a lot more confusing when you’re reading through it and trying to interpret what products of the hundreds offered are the right ones

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #244 on: February 12, 2022, 12:06:16 pm »
You pay for the admin and certification around it from a private company. Govt. doesn’t provide that service. There has never been free travel testing (PCR or lat flow). If there was - non-travellers would be paying for it. Just over a tenner for a lat flow doesn’t feel extortionate if the country you’re entering insists you have one.
No its not extortionate but thats because the price has come down a lot. The actual tests and the packaging of the free tests compared to the travel ones are completely identical as well...made by the same company, so its understandable why people think that to have to pay for something that is free to the vast majority of the population is a complete rip off.

Anyway, it is what it is and in the great scheme of things, its a small price to pay to be able to go on another euro away.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #245 on: February 12, 2022, 12:07:38 pm »
So for example I can see some companies online offering click and collect kits - The one in looking at is the Randox one for £14.50 called Certifly. Is that good enough for these purposes?

Sorry for all the questions but as I say I haven’t traveled since Covid and although I was aware of some of the stuff, it seems a lot more confusing when you’re reading through it and trying to interpret what products of the hundreds offered are the right ones
Yes the Randox Certifly one is absolutely fine (you need to download the app as well) as thats the one that we used for our pre departure test to get home from Milan 2 months ago.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: February 12, 2022, 12:15:46 pm »
Yes the Randox Certifly one is absolutely fine (you need to download the app as well) as thats the one that we used for our pre departure test to get home from Milan 2 months ago.
Thanks, appreciate the answers and help the last 24 hours from all.

Offline call me red

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #247 on: February 13, 2022, 08:49:52 pm »
Ive had message off ryanair saying they require FFP2 mask to travel & for in Italy Airports does anyone know are they the blue ones ?

Offline tbonejones

• Dr. Doolittle
  • Legacy Fan
  • We'll be coming down the road...
« Reply #248 on: February 13, 2022, 09:05:12 pm »
Ive had message off ryanair saying they require FFP2 mask to travel & for in Italy Airports does anyone know are they the blue ones ?

No, they are the tighter fitting ones, usually white. Good chance that they have writing on them stating that they're FFP2.
Journo: ''So, let me get this right, train, coach, train, plane.''
Rafa: ''No, coach first because we will not be walking to the train station.''

Don't Buy The Sun - www.dontbuythesun.co.uk

It was poodle. She was rocking a fucking poodle to sleep.

Offline storkfoot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #249 on: February 13, 2022, 09:15:13 pm »
Only showed passport at airport in Uk and Malpensa. The hostel I am staying in scanned the green pass. But, EasyJet weren’t going to let me on without the FFP mask. Thankfully, a girl who was going skiing saved me.

Offline call me red

• Main Stander
« Reply #250 on: February 13, 2022, 10:29:30 pm »
Thanks for the replies

Offline gravy red

• Kopite
« Reply #251 on: February 14, 2022, 11:35:17 am »
Just got on bus at a Malpensa.  No checks at all and I mean none. Just took passport and stamped it.
Also the masks update from Ryan Air is a piss take. We ended up buying a box of 10 FFP2 masks at the airport (£15)    :no because of their email telling us we NEEDED these to board their flight. Load of bollocks, didn’t need them and so far it’s seems ok with the masks we usually use which was the same when we came here in December.  :butt

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: February 14, 2022, 12:13:00 pm »
Just got on bus at a Malpensa.  No checks at all and I mean none. Just took passport and stamped it.
Also the masks update from Ryan Air is a piss take. We ended up buying a box of 10 FFP2 masks at the airport (£15)    :no because of their email telling us we NEEDED these to board their flight. Load of bollocks, didn’t need them and so far it’s seems ok with the masks we usually use which was the same when we came here in December.  :butt

they're pretty strict on enforcing in the city i've heard though (if police see you, that is)
YNWA.

Offline didopich

• Kopite
« Reply #253 on: February 14, 2022, 12:45:11 pm »
Hi guys is there a bar or pub that we can go in Milano the night before?!! Do you know if there is spot for a few drinks with our fans?!

Offline storkfoot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #254 on: February 14, 2022, 12:46:59 pm »
They do take COVID seriously so I’d advise you to follow what the locals are doing. I just bought 5 of the FFP masks in a chemist. They were only euros 3.75 for the five.

Offline jizzspunk

• Cumming soon. Or going. Depends how 'real' it gets. #livinginrealism
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #255 on: February 14, 2022, 01:05:00 pm »
You may get out the UK on a flight with no FFP mask but once you arrive in Italy you will require one..
according to 24/7 I will be scrambling round for tickets on the exchange all season #STH #19awayclub

Offline jizzspunk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: February 14, 2022, 01:09:39 pm »
Hi guys is there a bar or pub that we can go in Milano the night before?!! Do you know if there is spot for a few drinks with our fans?!

Naviglio Grande is the place to hang out...bars on the canal
Not sure many Reds found it on the December trip 😂
Bars will be open into the early hours

Duomo is tourist..no scene there
according to 24/7 I will be scrambling round for tickets on the exchange all season #STH #19awayclub

Offline russmills10

• Main Stander
  • Kopite
« Reply #257 on: February 14, 2022, 02:19:28 pm »
Anyone getting the flight back from Bergamo to Stansted on thursday at 6 ish? Will the bars be open into the early hours? Thinking of just staying in Milan well into the night and then getting a way back to Bergamo rather than booking accomodation

Offline jizzspunk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: February 14, 2022, 02:34:11 pm »
Anyone getting the flight back from Bergamo to Stansted on thursday at 6 ish? Will the bars be open into the early hours? Thinking of just staying in Milan well into the night and then getting a way back to Bergamo rather than booking accomodation

Canal bars should be open..you won't be back into central till after midnight..think you will need to get a taxi to Bergamo airport if your on the first flight out...

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
  • Now it's time for Jurgens men
« Reply #259 on: February 14, 2022, 02:51:19 pm »

Should have been but decided to bin the trip off, i was also on the flight going out match day arriving 3.55pm

Public transport will be difficult that time of morning, look at the options on google maps one of the reasons i was put off going (along with a variety of other factors) not sure theres much even going straight from the ground given we get held in till about 11.30 local time

Offline russmills10

• Main Stander
  • Kopite
« Reply #260 on: February 14, 2022, 02:53:32 pm »
Canal bars should be open..you won't be back into central till after midnight..think you will need to get a taxi to Bergamo airport if your on the first flight out...
Thanks, assume taxi is the only option added to the fact we wont be let out of the ground until close to midnight anyway?

Offline russmills10

• Main Stander
  • Kopite
« Reply #261 on: February 14, 2022, 02:54:56 pm »
Should have been but decided to bin the trip off, i was also on the flight going out match day arriving 3.55pm

Public transport will be difficult that time of morning, look at the options on google maps one of the reasons i was put off going (along with a variety of other factors) not sure theres much even going straight from the ground given we get held in till about 11.30 local time
Ok thanks, yeah will be difficult but makes me feel better that theres 2,000 going and must be a fair amount going back on that early flight

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: February 14, 2022, 03:11:53 pm »
Thanks, assume taxi is the only option added to the fact we wont be let out of the ground until close to midnight anyway?

They will let you out with enough time to get the last metro. Don't hang around the san siro though, in December we went for food and a drink at the stalls outside and missed the last one. Then had to get a bus back into the city.

The shuttle buses from Central Station to Bergamo start about 3:30am - not sure exact time. Takes 1hr to airport, €10 each way.

Offline russmills10

• Main Stander
  • Kopite
« Reply #263 on: February 14, 2022, 03:14:35 pm »
They will let you out with enough time to get the last metro. Don't hang around the san siro though, in December we went for food and a drink at the stalls outside and missed the last one. Then had to get a bus back into the city.

The shuttle buses from Central Station to Bergamo start about 3:30am - not sure exact time. Takes 1hr to airport, €10 each way.
Ah right thanks so much. How fars the canal from Central if we wanted to go around there after the game?

Offline russmills10

• Main Stander
  • Kopite
« Reply #264 on: February 14, 2022, 03:18:05 pm »
 Melia Milano Hotel - Via Masaccio 19, 20149, Milan.
Between 10am and 7:30pm on wednesday for picking up tickets- just got sent the email and theres the location if anyone needed

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: February 14, 2022, 03:20:00 pm »
Melia Milano Hotel - Via Masaccio 19, 20149, Milan.
Between 10am and 7:30pm on wednesday for picking up tickets- just got sent the email and theres the location if anyone needed

cheers, annoying it's the same place, wish it was a bit more central. gonna get there for about 6pm and hope it's not gonna take forever.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2022, 03:23:08 pm by RainbowFlick »
YNWA.

Offline russmills10

• Main Stander
  • Kopite
« Reply #266 on: February 14, 2022, 03:23:45 pm »
cheers, annoying it's the same place, wish it was a bit more central
Makes sense to go a bit later in the day and then walk straight to the ground? Or best to get it out the way before it gets busy? Sorry about all the questions
« Last Edit: February 14, 2022, 03:29:04 pm by russmills10 »

Offline jizzspunk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: February 14, 2022, 03:25:00 pm »
Ah right thanks so much. How fars the canal from Central if we wanted to go around there after the game?

20/25 minutes walk from Duomo..but walking south..and Duomo is already half an hour walk south from Milan Central station...if your going for canal beers your getting a taxi back to Milan Central...Metro will close like 00.30 to 1am

Offline russmills10

• Main Stander
  • Kopite
« Reply #268 on: February 14, 2022, 03:25:56 pm »
20/25 minutes walk from Duomo..but walking south..and Duomo is already half an hour walk south from Milan Central station...if your going for canal beers your getting a taxi back to Milan Central...Metro will close like 00.30 to 1am
Ok cheers

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: February 14, 2022, 03:30:33 pm »
Makes sense to go a bit later in the day and then walk straight to the ground? Or best to get it out the way before it gets busy? Sorry about all the questions

i'm going later because i have plans in the day in Como about an hour away. if everyone goes before the match it will be bedlam  ;D
YNWA.

Offline rob89

• Main Stander
« Reply #270 on: February 14, 2022, 03:33:27 pm »

A couple of us are on that flight.

I've just booked a bus with terravision - Leaves Milan Central Station at 4:15am - Gets to Bergamo about 5am

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: February 14, 2022, 05:14:16 pm »
A couple of us are on that flight.

I've just booked a bus with terravision - Leaves Milan Central Station at 4:15am - Gets to Bergamo about 5am
I’m on that flight been looking round online today the earliest coach I could find was one with Autostradale that leaves for the airport at 3:45am from Central station. We’ve booked on that one and the one from the airport with them is at 4:30pm.

Also downloaded the ATM Milano app which you can buy tickets on for the metro, think they’re €2 for a 90 minute ticket or €7 for a 24hr one. Will use that on the day.

Offline russmills10

• Main Stander
  • Kopite
« Reply #272 on: February 14, 2022, 06:55:05 pm »
I’m on that flight been looking round online today the earliest coach I could find was one with Autostradale that leaves for the airport at 3:45am from Central station. We’ve booked on that one and the one from the airport with them is at 4:30pm.

Also downloaded the ATM Milano app which you can buy tickets on for the metro, think they’re €2 for a 90 minute ticket or €7 for a 24hr one. Will use that on the day.
Cool yeah think we might do the same- seems the most logical thing

Offline russmills10

• Main Stander
  • Kopite
« Reply #273 on: February 14, 2022, 06:56:22 pm »
Assume San Siro doesn't allow bags into the stadium - do they have a place to store them?

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: February 14, 2022, 06:58:21 pm »
Assume San Siro doesn't allow bags into the stadium - do they have a place to store them?
In the club info it says you can have a a4 sized bag. Not taking one myself

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: February 14, 2022, 08:38:40 pm »

I took a bag a small bag in December, no probs at all
Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline gravy red

• Kopite
« Reply #276 on: February 14, 2022, 09:36:57 pm »
Just been told (in Milan hotel) that there are public transport, strikes for tomorrow and Wednesday at certain times  Apparently no trains from 6pm onwards. So seems like it’s taxis back from ground.
Be interested if anyone gets told something like this.

I’ve been trying to get better confirmation/information on these strikes but it does seem like hard work (apart from Google, which isn’t saying much) so apologies if it’s incorrect just wanted to give a heads up on the (possible) inconvenience that may be caused.

Personally I can’t see their not being any trains on. it’s not just us but also all the home fans and surly they wouldn’t allow that (would they?).

Will be asking more when out today.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2022, 08:32:44 am by gravy red »

Offline russmills10

• Main Stander
  • Kopite
« Reply #277 on: February 14, 2022, 09:51:38 pm »
Just been told (in Milan hotel) that there are public transport, strikes for tomorrow and Wednesday at certain times  Apparently no trains from 6pm onwards. So seems like it’s taxis back from ground.
Be interested if anyone gets told something like this.
Thanks for letting us know

Offline storkfoot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #278 on: February 14, 2022, 10:58:35 pm »
Do the Carabinieri really want 2000 Reds wandering aimlessly through the streets of Milan? I hope not.

Offline storkfoot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #279 on: February 14, 2022, 11:15:36 pm »
Do the Carabinieri really want 2000 Reds wandering aimlessly through the streets of Milan? I hope not.

A Google search confirmed that there have been transport strikes in Milan going back a few months.

I have just asked in my hostel. The lad on reception can speak reasonable English but communication was not the greatest and I had to describe what a strike is.

Anyway, he confirmed that there was a strike tomorrow, Tuesday. He added that autobus would still run but only every hour from San Siro. He thinks a lot of trains will still run though