Author Topic: Injury (and absence) related chat (so the news is kept in the other thread)  (Read 592479 times)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Injury (and absence) related chat (so the news is kept in the other thread)
« Reply #1120 on: September 1, 2022, 03:32:57 pm »
seems like curtis and matip is back

thiago, jota, ramsay will be soon. any timeline for konate?

with arthur making up the numbers our midfield kind of looks decent for now till another one gets crocked

most importantly will we see keita in a liverpool shirt again. the contract talk and injuries and illness talk are just vague

How? Apparently Henderson is injured as well.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1121 on: September 1, 2022, 04:05:52 pm »
think a midfield of fab,milly, artur(who is supposedly fit), elliot, fabio, bajetic seems decent enough isnt it. and that is without curtis and thiago who is rumored to be back soon til he injures himself again in the warm ups.

guess with jota and darwin back, we would see fabio and elliot as the no 10 or bobby role and less of an upfront role in the team. guess the evolution of midfield and attack i guess.

Online Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #1122 on: September 1, 2022, 04:35:39 pm »
Starting from MW 1 we've seen instances where VvD can't hit cross field passes, Trent can't hit cross field passes, every player seemingly a step slow to the ball and then hamstring injuries galore. There's two options here, either everyone but Trent hit the age wall at the same time or we've somehow completely messed up pre-season. The arguing over spending on midfielders won't change this fact that somehow we've started the season in the worst possible shape.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1123 on: September 1, 2022, 04:43:09 pm »
Starting from MW 1 we've seen instances where VvD can't hit cross field passes, Trent can't hit cross field passes, every player seemingly a step slow to the ball and then hamstring injuries galore. There's two options here, either everyone but Trent hit the age wall at the same time or we've somehow completely messed up pre-season. The arguing over spending on midfielders won't change this fact that somehow we've started the season in the worst possible shape.

Whats made the midfield issue more complicated is the injuries and Klopp mentioning it.

If we have put in a certain pre season programme then surely its to give us a benefit at some point?

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1124 on: September 1, 2022, 05:45:58 pm »
Yeah that could make more sense of it, was very strange and unlike us.

Thought he was limping a bit when coming off.

I actually think we knee he was at a risk of a hamstring injury, we've been careful with him even the last games and subbed him early
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Online Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #1125 on: September 1, 2022, 05:49:35 pm »
Whats made the midfield issue more complicated is the injuries and Klopp mentioning it.

If we have put in a certain pre season programme then surely its to give us a benefit at some point?

Nobody is infallible and I doubt any plan would be accepting of not being able to physically compete in a match. Both first half's versus Fulham and Newcastle that was clearly the case though.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1126 on: September 1, 2022, 06:05:55 pm »
any update yet on Hendo?

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1127 on: September 1, 2022, 06:55:18 pm »
think a midfield of fab,milly, artur(who is supposedly fit), elliot, fabio, bajetic seems decent enough isnt it. and that is without curtis and thiago who is rumored to be back soon til he injures himself again in the warm ups.

guess with jota and darwin back, we would see fabio and elliot as the no 10 or bobby role and less of an upfront role in the team. guess the evolution of midfield and attack i guess.

I love that Keita isn't even included anymore.

(I actually am laughing).

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1128 on: September 1, 2022, 10:23:12 pm »
@AnfieldWatch
🚨 NEW: While Liverpool don’t yet know the extent of the hamstring problem, they fear it is serious, with Jordan Henderson already ruled out of the Merseyside derby, next week’s Champions League trip to Napoli, and the following week’s visit of Ajax. #lfc [david maddock - mirror]

He is also certain to miss the subsequent Premier League games against Wolves and Chelsea, which leaves Jurgen Klopp hoping that Arthur can get up to speed swiftly, despite his lack of game time, as per
@maddockmirror

https://twitter.com/AnfieldWatch/status/1565447438634287104?s=20&t=zHfN5rXKBH0ooiAvO2NrNw
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #1130 on: September 1, 2022, 10:38:19 pm »
The positive news in Arthur's favour is that he hasn't had a preseason with us, at least

;D

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1131 on: September 1, 2022, 10:41:23 pm »
The positive news in Arthur's favour is that he hasn't had a preseason with us, at least
genuinely think this is true…

We’ve had 6 hamstring injuries… we’ve gone form the second highest number of sprints year on year to 17th…

We’ve ballsed something up.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #1132 on: September 1, 2022, 10:44:29 pm »
genuinely think this is true…

We’ve had 6 hamstring injuries… we’ve gone form the second highest number of sprints year on year to 17th…

We’ve ballsed something up.

At least we've shut up about the much hailed 'injury prevention' medic and the usual back slapping of how great our sports science is.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #1133 on: September 1, 2022, 10:45:44 pm »
At least we've shut up about the much hailed 'injury prevention' medic and the usual back slapping of how great our sports science is.

To be fair it’s been pretty good for preceding seasons but you wonder what’s gone wrong.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1134 on: September 1, 2022, 10:46:47 pm »

;D
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1135 on: September 1, 2022, 10:50:15 pm »

;D Gonna be terrifying anytime someone goes near Fab now, we are screwed if he goes down too. Gonna have to get him some rest somewhere but not easy when most games look really tough and he's the only 6 standing. Bajcetic is gonna get some game time!

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #1136 on: September 1, 2022, 10:50:38 pm »
To be fair it’s been pretty good for preceding seasons but you wonder what’s gone wrong.

Pride comes before a fall though.

Something has gone wrong with the pre-season, you just hope it tapers off. Henderson's injury leaves us really reliant on Fabinho now as we haven't signed a 6. We're probably a Milner or Fabinho injury away from recalling Morton.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1137 on: September 1, 2022, 10:55:38 pm »
;D Gonna be terrifying anytime someone goes near Fab now, we are screwed if he goes down too. Gonna have to get him some rest somewhere but not easy when most games look really tough and he's the only 6 standing. Bajcetic is gonna get some game time!

Yeah Fab had those back to back hamstring strains the season he played all those games at the back on top of usual share of midfield load and seemed to rush him back.

If Hendo is out for a month or something, it honestly feels inevitable Fab'll be pushed deep into the red zone yet again. 

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1138 on: September 1, 2022, 10:58:35 pm »
So was Jota in training today? Hopefully joins Nunez on the bench for the derby.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1139 on: September 1, 2022, 10:59:02 pm »
Pride comes before a fall though.

Something has gone wrong with the pre-season, you just hope it tapers off. Henderson's injury leaves us really reliant on Fabinho now as we haven't signed a 6. We're probably a Milner or Fabinho injury away from recalling Morton.

which I was told on here, is not possible.

Offline Kop Kings

• Kopite
« Reply #1140 on: September 1, 2022, 10:59:29 pm »
So was Jota in training today? Hopefully joins Nunez on the bench for the derby.

Don't think he played a minute of Pre-Season did he? May take a while to get him up to speed..

Offline neil4ad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1141 on: September 2, 2022, 12:24:13 am »
Do we know what injuries Konate and Keita sustained? It's odd that there's been no official (to my knowledge) discussion of what the issues are/when they'll (possibly) be back.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are. In my time at Anfield we always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside, Liverpool and Liverpool reserves." -Bill Shankly

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1142 on: September 2, 2022, 12:26:37 am »
Do we know what injuries Konate and Keita sustained? It's odd that there's been no official (to my knowledge) discussion of what the issues are/when they'll (possibly) be back.

We know from the game Konate hurt his knee. Sadly it was worse than expected because both he and Klopp thought it wasn't bad at the time.

Keita's injury could be anything. It could be fake. He could be back ready tomorrow. Zero info on it.

And if course the club doesn't have an obligation to tell us.

Online JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #1143 on: September 2, 2022, 12:26:59 am »

Very little info has been given. Konaté looked like there was some hyperextension of his knee, Klopp said it was similar to the injury that kept Tsimikas out for the entirety of pre season. It's probably mild ligament damage, like a grade 1.

Naby we've just heard that he had a scan on a muscle injury and nothing since.

Offline whtwht

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1144 on: September 2, 2022, 12:49:09 am »
Its almost like we played every possible game last season with a many high intensity matches and a shorter summer break has had an affect . I'm not surprised by the injuries at all . Let's hope we get some bodies back soon and don't suffer anymore .
He'll win the league in the next 3 years. Quote me on that.
Quote me on this, but come next season he'll be great for us. Just needs to remove the walking headless chicken next to him

Online GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1145 on: September 2, 2022, 10:58:24 am »
Its almost like we played every possible game last season with a many high intensity matches and a shorter summer break has had an affect . I'm not surprised by the injuries at all.

Doesn't mean we haven't still ballsed it up. Hate to give credit to the bald prick, but Guardiola started pre-season a week later than us, having finished the previous season a week earlier, because of the short turnaround - and they played almost as many games as us in 21/22. We thought City might be undercooked especially having reduced their squad, but they look like the rest has benefited them, while we look knackered. Let's hope whatever we've done reaps a long-term benefit while City falls in a heap, because the early signs aren't good.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1146 on: September 2, 2022, 12:06:26 pm »
Doesn't mean we haven't still ballsed it up. Hate to give credit to the bald prick, but Guardiola started pre-season a week later than us, having finished the previous season a week earlier, because of the short turnaround - and they played almost as many games as us in 21/22. We thought City might be undercooked especially having reduced their squad, but they look like the rest has benefited them, while we look knackered. Let's hope whatever we've done reaps a long-term benefit while City falls in a heap, because the early signs aren't good.
I'm not all that sure that Man City are really that at it either.  They went two goals down to both Newcastle and Palace before bulldozer boy bailed them out.

The unknown is if our pre-season directly resulted in our injury crisis or if it was just one of those things (e.g. Jota still being out is nothing to do with our pre-season as he was injured prior to it even starting).  IF Man City had been without 8-10 players and Haaland had just sat out a three game suspension I'm pretty sure that they'd be floundering right now.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1147 on: September 2, 2022, 12:23:39 pm »
Its almost like we played every possible game last season with a many high intensity matches and a shorter summer break has had an affect . I'm not surprised by the injuries at all . Let's hope we get some bodies back soon and don't suffer anymore .

This clearly has had an effect, as has our pre-season training regimen.  Everyone makes mistakes from time to time, it happens.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1148 on: September 2, 2022, 12:28:29 pm »
All these hamstring injuries.

You have to ask if we’ve misjudged preseason training

Who else had a hamstring injury? Thiago I think? Jota too but he got knacked on international duty at the end of last season didn’t he? Anyone else?

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1149 on: September 2, 2022, 12:49:03 pm »
Who else had a hamstring injury? Thiago I think? Jota too but he got knacked on international duty at the end of last season didn’t he? Anyone else?

Henderson and Oxlade-Chamberlain.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1150 on: September 2, 2022, 12:55:21 pm »
Henderson and Oxlade-Chamberlain.

Doubt Ox's injury came from too many games - he didn't play much of the second half of the season (and certainly didn't play internationals).

His came from being Ox.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1151 on: September 2, 2022, 01:43:26 pm »
No news on Henderson scan yet.

Jota trained yesterday and will train today, likely to be involved tomorrow

Offline Caston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1152 on: September 2, 2022, 01:44:30 pm »
Keita muscle injury, out for a while

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1153 on: September 2, 2022, 01:44:50 pm »
Keita muscle injury.

Yeah.

Offline Caston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1154 on: September 2, 2022, 01:45:19 pm »
Thiago - start of next week in team training

Konate - back training around the international break

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1155 on: September 2, 2022, 01:47:08 pm »
Great news on Jota … hopefully Thiago is back for the arsenal and city games.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1156 on: September 2, 2022, 01:47:55 pm »
Hallelujah a timeline for Konate’s injury.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1157 on: September 2, 2022, 01:50:27 pm »
Keita muscle injury, out for a while

love this - they don't even bother with a timeline for Keita.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1158 on: September 2, 2022, 01:50:48 pm »
Thiago - start of next week in team training

Konate - back training around the international break

Great news on Konate.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #1159 on: September 2, 2022, 01:52:27 pm »
love this - they don't even bother with a timeline for Keita.
Why would they? Any time line would include an * as he'll sneeze and dislocate his shoulder and add another 15months