Author Topic: Ultimate Multi Club Draft  (Read 23925 times)

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
Re: Ultimate Multi Club Draft
« Reply #680 on: October 14, 2021, 06:48:22 pm »
Did he Basque in the glory at one point?
Linudden.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #681 on: October 14, 2021, 06:48:40 pm »
There is another striker who I am surprised hasn't been picked. Surprisingly played most of his career for a club in the lower divisions, but at his pomp, he was one of the best in the world.
Strikers and defensive midfielders are the best stocked area of the draft at this point in time I think. Not sure many are still in need of either.

Full backs is slim pickings.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #682 on: October 14, 2021, 06:49:31 pm »
Did he Basque in the glory at one point?

A little bit

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #683 on: October 14, 2021, 06:50:55 pm »
Never occurred to me that Drogba’s second most appearances for a club was Le Mans. I could’ve sat there for a whole day and not come up with that one.

“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #684 on: October 14, 2021, 06:52:31 pm »
Strikers and defensive midfielders are the best stocked area of the draft at this point in time I think. Not sure many are still in need of either.

Are they? I can't find a single amazing DM. I am desperate.

I did manage to spot a couple of great defensive playmakers to pair with McDermott. Hopefully, they survive till my turn.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #685 on: October 14, 2021, 06:53:23 pm »
Never occurred to me that Drogba’s second most appearances for a club was Le Mans. I could’ve sat there for a whole day and not come up with that one.

Heh definitely slipped under the radar that one, then again once I got Kenny and Muller I stopped looking

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #686 on: October 14, 2021, 06:55:36 pm »
I knew about Drogba but I already have De Bruyne, Platini, Villa and Pelé so I'm not sure a centre forward would be the wisest move in that sense.
Linudden.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #687 on: October 14, 2021, 07:07:17 pm »
I knew about Drogba but I already have De Bruyne, Platini, Villa and Pelé so I'm not sure a centre forward would be the wisest move in that sense.

Unless you wanted to increase the arseholery in your team.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #688 on: October 14, 2021, 07:31:33 pm »

Don’t say that, I still need one. Although at least the one I have can play both sides which widens my search a bit!

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #689 on: October 14, 2021, 07:45:42 pm »
Unless you wanted to increase the arseholery in your team.

I always pick the bastards in drafts. Hence my hinting at a certain blue earlier

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #690 on: October 14, 2021, 07:46:59 pm »
Don’t say that, I still need one. Although at least the one I have can play both sides which widens my search a bit!

I sent Max an entire list of DMs- have him share :)  or I can send it to your DM too :)

Here is my team with one round left

If we are winning

How we begin the game

If we are losing

« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 07:49:57 pm by Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #691 on: October 14, 2021, 07:47:06 pm »
Just had a near fatal heart attack when I saw Gilberto had three spells at "Mineiro". Turns out one of them was AMERICA Mineiro.

"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #692 on: October 14, 2021, 07:54:12 pm »
I always pick the bastards in drafts. Hence my hinting at a certain blue earlier

Big Dunc?

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #693 on: October 14, 2021, 07:55:42 pm »
Just had a near fatal heart attack when I saw Gilberto had three spells at "Mineiro". Turns out one of them was AMERICA Mineiro.

By Grabthar's Hammer, that's a great pock. Hadn't thought of him at all.

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #694 on: October 14, 2021, 07:57:17 pm »
Changed my mind at the last minute before the next pick since I figured getting the keeper sorted before armageddon begins was more important than anything.
Linudden.

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #695 on: October 14, 2021, 08:07:13 pm »
By Grabthar's Hammer, that's a great pock. Hadn't thought of him at all.

Haha I do love that film. Definitely a solid pick for round 10. He's no Mauro, but I'll take him. Had some other very decent options, but I wanted to give Redondo a more defensive minded partner so he can spend more time being creative and looking fabulous in the middle of the park.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #696 on: October 14, 2021, 08:09:12 pm »
What formation are you playing Chaks? Look liks you have about 6 attackers and several right backs  ;D

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #697 on: October 14, 2021, 08:10:01 pm »
What formation are you playing Chaks? Look liks you have about 6 attackers and several right backs  ;D

Sounds like a Guardiola line up.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #698 on: October 14, 2021, 08:10:14 pm »

Was thinking something along the lines of this, knocked it up quickly so will tweak a bit
« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 08:11:48 pm by Chakan »

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #699 on: October 14, 2021, 08:11:54 pm »

Was thinking something along the lines of this

Think Cubillas was more of an AM than a CM? Might be too late, but an extra DM/CM would definitely be nice in there.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #700 on: October 14, 2021, 08:12:37 pm »
Do you lot knock up formations on your phone or some other device? I’ve never been able to do it on my phone. Am I just an idiot?!

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #701 on: October 14, 2021, 08:13:50 pm »
Think Cubillas was more of an AM than a CM? Might be too late, but an extra DM/CM would definitely be nice in there.

Zanetti does the work of 2 players ;)

Can't pick another CM really but I think I have enough upfront and behind to control the game a lot. Zanetti putting out fires. Think it's more than enough in the middle. Plus Resenbrink was part of the total football group so i'm sure he knows how to cover upfront.

Do you lot knock up formations on your phone or some other device? I’ve never been able to do it on my phone. Am I just an idiot?!

I use a computer, never tried on the phone myself.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 08:20:03 pm by Chakan »

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #702 on: October 14, 2021, 08:16:12 pm »
Zanetti does the work of 2 players ;)

Fair point  :D

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #703 on: October 14, 2021, 08:19:02 pm »

Buildlineup.com

Drop down box on formation. 👍🏼⚽️🏆

Or send me your ideas - and I’ll put it together tonight
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #704 on: October 14, 2021, 09:07:35 pm »
First attempt although not sure how you share it as an image where you can just post the link.

How’s that look?

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #705 on: October 14, 2021, 09:09:44 pm »
Ahh Left Back, born to play the position.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #706 on: October 14, 2021, 09:16:49 pm »
Ahh Left Back, born to play the position.

Can’t help but think there’s a bit of nominative determinism at play there.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #707 on: October 14, 2021, 10:43:00 pm »
I think Lobo’s on holiday so may be somewhat delayed. Shall I go on the hour at 23:00 or are we calling it a night and giving him until 08:00?

Unlike Lobo, where I’m going, I don’t need Rhodes.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #708 on: October 14, 2021, 10:45:12 pm »
I don't mind waiting, as long as you guys give me a little time tomorrow to make a pick, since i'm east coast USA

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #709 on: October 14, 2021, 10:45:28 pm »
Veron is a very good pick this late. Didn’t even think of him, and if I had I’d have thought the Italian clubs would have been his most played for.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #710 on: October 14, 2021, 10:59:36 pm »
I’m gonna take my picks when the hours up so I can sleep without the drafting sword of Damocles hanging over my head, hopefully Lobo pops on and he can take two at once or move on if time’s getting on.

Edit - Final Team:

Mbappe
Hazard                              Messi

Robson
                                 Xavi
                  Mauro Silva
Robertson                          Piszczek
            Vierchowod  Barzagli

Navas

Lost out on a few locks I thought I had in the bag, and honestly had I thought of him I’d have likely gone Veron over Robson, because despite Robson looking like a cracking driving midfielder, I actually saw Veron in his pomp. Decent keeper, rock solid centre back pairing, brilliant driving full backs all makes a decent little defence. In midfield, a true shielding player, a box to box and one of the finest orchestrators the game has ever seen. The front three is unfair.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 11:07:28 pm by Drinks Sangria »

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #711 on: October 14, 2021, 11:12:09 pm »
Veron is a very good pick this late. Didn’t even think of him, and if I had I’d have thought the Italian clubs would have been his most played for.

Yeah, I thought his top teams would be Sampdoria, Parma, Lazio, Mancs or Inter. Then out of desperation, I checked and was pleasantly surprised.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #712 on: October 14, 2021, 11:29:50 pm »
Yeah, I thought his top teams would be Sampdoria, Parma, Lazio, Mancs or Inter. Then out of desperation, I checked and was pleasantly surprised.
He was playing in his 40’s for Estudiantes. We’ve all seen Player-coach’s, but Veron was a Player-president. Take that for data.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #713 on: October 14, 2021, 11:38:32 pm »
He was playing in his 40’s for Estudiantes. We’ve all seen Player-coach’s, but Veron was a Player-president. Take that for data.

Did not know that. Saw a few articles that said he signed to play for them at donated his wages back to the club.

I am guessing there are not many Estudenties fans getting #VeronOut trending on Twitter.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2021, 02:29:05 am by Max_powers »

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #714 on: October 15, 2021, 04:30:01 am »
« Last Edit: October 15, 2021, 10:47:36 pm by Lastrador »

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #715 on: October 15, 2021, 04:33:03 am »
I am sending my GK pick to Linudden and Nick. I will probably be asleep when we start up again.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #716 on: October 15, 2021, 07:07:11 am »
I am sending my GK pick to Linudden and Nick. I will probably be asleep when we start up again.

A brave choice but he is England’s number one I guess.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #717 on: October 15, 2021, 07:23:41 am »
Can someone jazz this up for me please x

Preud’Homme
Carlos Alberto   Desailly   Ruggeri   Pessotto
Falcao   Verratti
Kopa   Maradona   Recoba
Puskas

Customary arrow forward for Alberto
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #718 on: October 15, 2021, 09:01:04 am »
Right, I was left picks for Max and CleveYork...didn’t realise they were back to back in the order! Just posted them both, think Lastrador is next up.

Offline Adz LFC

• Kopite
  • Believer. 19 & 6
« Reply #719 on: October 15, 2021, 09:07:18 am »
Right, I was left picks for Max and CleveYork...didn’t realise they were back to back in the order! Just posted them both, think Lastrador is next up.

Did they leave any more because RC Celta de Vigo have already been taken…
JFT97