Author Topic: Ultimate Multi Club Draft  (Read 24505 times)

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
Re: Ultimate Multi Club Draft
« Reply #560 on: October 13, 2021, 09:39:24 pm »
Shoutouts to Lobo who was aboard a plane today and still got a bunch of picks in  :wave
Linudden.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #561 on: October 13, 2021, 09:41:20 pm »
Shoutouts to Lobo who was aboard a plane today and still got a bunch of picks in  :wave

I would applaud but he’s a pilot.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #562 on: October 13, 2021, 09:41:39 pm »
Making a list of midfielders and I completely forgot about Hendo. Shame on me.
I actually had Riquelme lined up but once the Boca option went, Hendo felt like the best pick. Probably a better fit anyway to be honest.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #563 on: October 13, 2021, 09:42:46 pm »
I actually had Riquelme lined up but once the Boca option went, Hendo felt like the best pick. Probably a better fit anyway to be honest.

Annoyingly he’d have been perfect for me I think seeing as I’m replicating a Liverpool system under Klopp and I have Dunga for the Fabinho role.

Offline Adz LFC

• Kopite
  • Believer. 19 & 6
« Reply #564 on: October 13, 2021, 10:00:55 pm »
112 different clubs selected so far!

Just the 64 left to go :rollseyes
JFT97

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #565 on: October 13, 2021, 10:08:34 pm »
112 different clubs selected so far!

Just the 64 left to go :rollseyes

I'm actually almost disappointed that it turned out easier than first assumed. I wanted to see people picking Robert Huth in round 7  :D
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #566 on: October 13, 2021, 11:00:42 pm »
I'm actually almost disappointed that it turned out easier than first assumed. I wanted to see people picking Robert Huth in round 7  :D

Well everyone still has 3 more picks... ;)

I'm struggling a bit i'll admit

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #567 on: October 13, 2021, 11:04:22 pm »
Well everyone still has 3 more picks... ;)

I'm struggling a bit i'll admit

PIM, Nick and then we are off to the races - I sent my pick to Adz and I know what ClevYork would like if someone is up to receive after pick 5 :)
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #568 on: October 13, 2021, 11:16:32 pm »
PIM, Nick and then we are off to the races - I sent my pick to Adz and I know what ClevYork would like if someone is up to receive after pick 5 :)

I'm gonna be traveling tomorrow a lot so might not be available but will make a plan to get my picks in

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #569 on: October 13, 2021, 11:24:10 pm »
I'm gonna be traveling tomorrow a lot so might not be available but will make a plan to get my picks in

Send em to me and I'll make sure you get Razor Ruddock and Aly Cissokho
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #570 on: October 13, 2021, 11:30:25 pm »
Send em to me and I'll make sure you get Razor Ruddock and Aly Cissokho

Soon as I figure out who i'm picking ;)

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #571 on: October 14, 2021, 05:19:16 am »
Unless Poetry appears this looks done for the day    :'(
Roses are red,
It got a good start,
Someone take their pick for the sake of XabiArt

How was that?
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #572 on: October 14, 2021, 05:23:45 am »
Where’s he live? He knew he only had one person to pick before he’s back up again.

Although, maybe he just has a life, the big weirdo.

;D

Sorry guys. Had to travel and at the same time had to work before travel. Not a good combo.

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #573 on: October 14, 2021, 07:30:30 am »
I do find it funny how petty we are as drafters. How hasn't an Everton player been picked yet? Seriously theres an unbelievable attacker just sat there, if this was a Southampton or Newcastle message board he would have gone within 3 rounds.

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #574 on: October 14, 2021, 07:32:49 am »
I do find it funny how petty we are as drafters. How hasn't an Everton player been picked yet? Seriously theres an unbelievable attacker just sat there, if this was a Southampton or Newcastle message board he would have gone within 3 rounds.

I'll stick with the original iteration (you know who I mean)  ;D
Linudden.

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #575 on: October 14, 2021, 07:36:25 am »
Alls I'm saying is, if he had been snapped up by our academy instead of theirs, and played with Gerrard for 10 years we would have him there with our absolute greats.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #576 on: October 14, 2021, 07:39:33 am »

If this was English League only, he'd have gone, but as such we have options.

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #577 on: October 14, 2021, 07:46:58 am »
Come on

2nd top scorer ever in his league.

Top scorer for his country.

Top scorer for his very high profile club (a lot of that time being a facilitator to other players scoring as well) with a trophy cabinet to rival anyone.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #578 on: October 14, 2021, 07:53:23 am »

Stuart Barlow?

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #579 on: October 14, 2021, 07:56:17 am »
Daniel Amokachi doesn’t even qualify, that’s why he’s not been picked (surprised DS didn’t try to sneak him in though)
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #580 on: October 14, 2021, 07:58:28 am »
Daniel Amokachi doesn’t even qualify, that’s why he’s not been picked (surprised DS didn’t try to sneak him in though)
I’ll take that as a warning shot, I was about to snatch him.

Lawro is a great pick at this stage.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #581 on: October 14, 2021, 08:00:17 am »
I’ll take that as a warning shot, I was about to snatch him.

Lawro is a great pick at this stage.

I have a few positions left and had no idea what to prioritise. Have a so so left back and midfielder in mind but can probably improve on them if I give it some thought. I was actually searching Phil Thompson and then Lawro came to me. I’ll take him at this stage.

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #582 on: October 14, 2021, 08:00:34 am »
Come on

Top scorer for his very high profile club (a lot of that time being a facilitator to other players scoring as well) with a trophy cabinet to rival anyone.

Sneaky Xabi Pick(ford) incoming to block perceived Wazza ate all the Pies threat  :D
Linudden.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #583 on: October 14, 2021, 08:02:57 am »
Come on

Football did not start in 1992?

He was a world class player, but he'd not be one of our absolute greats. I don't think the 'very high profile club' considers him as one of their absolute greats. I don't think he'd be in their All-Time XI?

Anyway, there's an older player from Everton whom I was thinking about that's better than the player you're talking about.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #584 on: October 14, 2021, 08:07:23 am »
Balls, was hoping to pair Lawrenson with Hansen.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #585 on: October 14, 2021, 08:25:18 am »
I wanted Hansen to go with Mboppe.

Some unfair hint dropping this morning. Having said that, based on how low down here was drafted in the 00s draft, the decade where he played his best football, there never seems much appetite to draft an overrated player who never reached the levels he could’ve done had he shown some greater discipline with himself.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #586 on: October 14, 2021, 08:30:09 am »

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #587 on: October 14, 2021, 08:33:04 am »
Pires feels underrated to me, brilliant wide playmaker.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #588 on: October 14, 2021, 08:35:07 am »
Football did not start in 1992?

He was a world class player, but he'd not be one of our absolute greats. I don't think the 'very high profile club' considers him as one of their absolute greats. I don't think he'd be in their All-Time XI?

Anyway, there's an older player from Everton whom I was thinking about that's better than the player you're talking about.

Porridge?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #589 on: October 14, 2021, 08:37:25 am »
Pires feels underrated to me, brilliant wide playmaker.

Yeah, fantastic pick at this stage.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #590 on: October 14, 2021, 08:58:50 am »
Heading back to bed - I have Chakan and CleveYork’s picks - any takers
« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 09:05:07 am by Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #591 on: October 14, 2021, 09:05:38 am »
Might have been able to wait another round on Jari, but he was too sexy to risk missing out on.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #592 on: October 14, 2021, 09:09:11 am »
Might have been able to wait another round on Jari, but he was too sexy to risk missing out on.

Yeah, good pick at this stage

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #593 on: October 14, 2021, 09:11:11 am »
FFS Bets, Litmanen! An outstanding pick. Always feel he's another who's slept on because his injuries didn't allow his talent to persist and show itself fully beyond his Ajax years. Massive shame, a joy to watch.

He's one of those players who came to Liverpool at a stage of their career where you can tell they're class but it didn't quite work out for whatever reason. Litmanen obviously superior, but I'd lump Anelka, Morientes and Aquilani in there too. I'll never let anyone convince me that Alberto Aquilani wasn't a lovely footballer to watch.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #594 on: October 14, 2021, 09:24:55 am »
Yeah Jari is a very good pick.

I’ll admit I haven’t seen nearly as much of him as I’d like, Ajax were hardly on the tv here week in week out when he was at his best. Still remember being so excited when I came home from work to see we’d signed him though. It was a season I went to a lot of games and even I’m some pretty dull games he was just class to watch. He just built up an instant rapport with the more technical footballers around him (Fowler, Smicer, even wing back extraordinaire Danny Murphy).

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #595 on: October 14, 2021, 09:25:07 am »
FFS Bets, Litmanen! An outstanding pick. Always feel he's another who's slept on because his injuries didn't allow his talent to persist and show itself fully beyond his Ajax years. Massive shame, a joy to watch.

He's one of those players who came to Liverpool at a stage of their career where you can tell they're class but it didn't quite work out for whatever reason. Litmanen obviously superior, but I'd lump Anelka, Morientes and Aquilani in there too. I'll never let anyone convince me that Alberto Aquilani wasn't a lovely footballer to watch.

I always remember as a kid when my Dad told me Jari was signing for us. I'd never seen him in his pomp, so he was just an exciting name off Sensible Soccer to me. But my dad couldn't stop talking about his peak years at Ajax. Like you say, massive what might have been with him. He definitely had the talent and temparament to become an all-time great, but injuries robbed him. As it is he still had an excellent career that many other players would dream of. I do think Ged misused him though. Felt like he could have had a bigger impact for us if given the chance to.

Also agreed on Aquilani. Absolute joy to watch. He's one who seemed to not have the mentality and drive to want to be the very best though. Ged getting shot of Anelka is also one of those moments that still pisses me off today.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 09:29:03 am by Betty Blue »

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #596 on: October 14, 2021, 09:27:35 am »
Fowler and Litmanen was the strike partnership of our dreams….but Ged was never having that over Heskey and the Welsh midget

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #597 on: October 14, 2021, 09:28:26 am »
I feel like my last midfield pick could make or break me a bit. Any thoughts welcome.

Nicol.  Lawro.   Chiellini.   LB

Dunga
Effenberg.  CM

Rivaldo
Salah.        Mané

I think I need someone quite box to box to finish the midfield? And play in a current Liverpool style? Would that work best? I could have Effenberg sitting deeper with Dunga and one more attacking mid type but that feels a bit of a waste of his best talents.

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #598 on: October 14, 2021, 09:42:51 am »
Yeah Jari is a very good pick.

I’ll admit I haven’t seen nearly as much of him as I’d like, Ajax were hardly on the tv here week in week out when he was at his best. Still remember being so excited when I came home from work to see we’d signed him though. It was a season I went to a lot of games and even I’m some pretty dull games he was just class to watch. He just built up an instant rapport with the more technical footballers around him (Fowler, Smicer, even wing back extraordinaire Danny Murphy).

Litmanen deserved the 1995 Ballon d'Or, it's a joke it went to Weah. Either way, he fell off badly afterwards but at Ajax before the team fell apart after Bosman he was quite a beast. Probably wasn't cut for dominating week in and out in the bigger leagues though once the injuries started taking their toll. Even at 34 though, the few games he wasn't injured at Malmö he made the opposition look like amateurs even though he was slow as a snail at that point.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 09:46:43 am by Linudden »
Linudden.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #599 on: October 14, 2021, 09:44:48 am »
I was struggling to decide between Litmanen and Sanchez so thanks for making it easy for me, Betty.  Think Sanchez works better for my line up and I can keep Savicevic in behind Torres instead of as an inside forward on the right.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.