Author Topic: League Cup  (Read 200830 times)

Offline ben9011

• Main Stander
  • Ohh he wears the number twenty
Re: League Cup
« Reply #2600 on: January 25, 2024, 07:35:06 pm »
Problem : I have a guaranteed ticket. My lad (15) isn’t guaranteed. I’m struggling to think of ways (if he’s successful) that we could sit together.  His f&f is small so if no one is successful I’m struggling to see how he could go at all.

Just buy same block/general area an stand together nobody should be too arsed if its one extra body

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
  • Now it's time for Jurgens men
« Reply #2601 on: January 25, 2024, 07:35:52 pm »
Problem : I have a guaranteed ticket. My lad (15) isn’t guaranteed. I’m struggling to think of ways (if he’s successful) that we could sit together.  His f&f is small so if no one is successful I’m struggling to see how he could go at all.

Buy a shit seat in upper tier an hour or so before the guaranteed sale ends

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #2602 on: January 25, 2024, 07:37:56 pm »
Surely that’s better, if true?
Not for those that would have already booked trains last night and today it won't be.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #2603 on: January 25, 2024, 07:41:11 pm »
Try and get both behind the goal where everyone stands and then just go stand with him

That section will be sold out by the time he gets in. I’d do the opposite, take the upper tier as they’ll be what’s left to buy for him if successful

Im hoping they off the expensive tickets to the PRHs. If they want better seats and they’ve gone the games, they hold off in that sale

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
  • Now it's time for Jurgens men
« Reply #2604 on: January 25, 2024, 07:46:50 pm »
Not for those that would have already booked trains last night and today it won't be.

Was the kick off ever officially confirmed or did people just guess

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2605 on: January 25, 2024, 07:52:12 pm »

It’s on our website in the selling details and definitely saw it on the Sky coverage last night.

Not sure what the issue is. Was there trouble 2 years ago? My recollection is that they all f*cked off when Kepa missed and we stayed on another half hour for the trophy lift and celebrations.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2606 on: January 25, 2024, 07:58:41 pm »
Yeah that'd be a decent shout, you keep the credits if you move them on in the cups, but Wembley is only for those who scanned at all 3 home games.

Not that I'd begrudge him but there will be a guy in our whatsapp who decided for each game he couldn't make it and he could go to Wembley, while my lucks out, whereas I did the whole half day either side, travel from a similar area and will have the same chance as him. Doesn't seem fair in that sense. And I wouldn't mind missing out to people who also attended all 3 as it'd be fair enough, but random people just joining the auto cup and just chancing their arm on a 50% chance of a ticket is nonsense when we can track who is scanning cards or not.

You'd get into the arguments over someone missing one game, even then if you made it a minimum of 2 it'd get rid of loads who didn't scan for any.

Yeah 100%

I don’t mind missing out in another ballot providing that they go to the fans who attended all the games. With this impacting both STHs and members it would be a step up for them to introduce something that makes sense to us but a bold move for them to make.

I think if it’s NFC it might stop some (not all) from passing on as it’s far easier to do with paper tickets.

Offline SingFongFC

• Kopite
  • L-I-V, E-R-P, Double O L, Liverpool FC
« Reply #2607 on: January 25, 2024, 08:09:25 pm »

Well surely that’s a risk that you take, booking anything before club have even announced selling details?

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2608 on: January 25, 2024, 08:11:39 pm »

Club confirmed it

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #2609 on: January 25, 2024, 08:23:27 pm »
Yeah that'd be a decent shout, you keep the credits if you move them on in the cups, but Wembley is only for those who scanned at all 3 home games.

Not that I'd begrudge him but there will be a guy in our whatsapp who decided for each game he couldn't make it and he could go to Wembley, while my lucks out, whereas I did the whole half day either side, travel from a similar area and will have the same chance as him. Doesn't seem fair in that sense. And I wouldn't mind missing out to people who also attended all 3 as it'd be fair enough, but random people just joining the auto cup and just chancing their arm on a 50% chance of a ticket is nonsense when we can track who is scanning cards or not.

You'd get into the arguments over someone missing one game, even then if you made it a minimum of 2 it'd get rid of loads who didn't scan for any.
Yeah I'll be honest I bought the tickets and didn't go cuz I knew I wouldn't have to. Until they make it like league games loads of people will do that.
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline ScubaSteve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2610 on: January 25, 2024, 08:33:50 pm »
Yeah I'll be honest I bought the tickets and didn't go cuz I knew I wouldn't have to. Until they make it like league games loads of people will do that.

That’s the reality for a lot of people now. I buy a ticket coz I wanna see us play but with a ridiculous numbers of fans coming from all over the country now, I can see why you’d wanna save on travel, time etc etc.

The club need to stamp this out unfortunately. We have been saying this for years and the club just don’t listen and we have no one to speak out on behalf of the general match going fan

Offline pablob12

• Boys Pen
« Reply #2611 on: January 25, 2024, 08:36:48 pm »
Both me and my lad have the 3 homes and so in the ballot. However his ticket is under is older sisters name and we transfer it over to him for the game. She’s in the USA studying so hasn’t been to any games (apart from Xmas hols). She won’t be here for the final.

If we are successful in the ballot is there anyway to transfer the ticket to him? Or allow him to use the ticket in her name, given her phone is in the US with her.

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #2612 on: January 25, 2024, 08:39:50 pm »
Well surely that’s a risk that you take, booking anything before club have even announced selling details?
What do the selling details have to do with the kick off time? it was down as a 1630 ko last night and not that it matters, but our selling details also say a 1630 ko too so I'm struggling to see what your point is.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2024, 08:43:25 pm by ABJ »
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #2613 on: January 25, 2024, 08:41:47 pm »
It’s on our website in the selling details and definitely saw it on the Sky coverage last night.

Not sure what the issue is. Was there trouble 2 years ago? My recollection is that they all f*cked off when Kepa missed and we stayed on another half hour for the trophy lift and celebrations.
Was a few verbals at the bottom of the ramp pre match for all 3 to be honest but nothing out of the ordinary. Its just another complete overreaction from the Met.

Offline willss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2614 on: January 25, 2024, 09:01:53 pm »
Both me and my lad have the 3 homes and so in the ballot. However his ticket is under is older sisters name and we transfer it over to him for the game. She’s in the USA studying so hasn’t been to any games (apart from Xmas hols). She won’t be here for the final.

If we are successful in the ballot is there anyway to transfer the ticket to him? Or allow him to use the ticket in her name, given her phone is in the US with her.
Get her to remove the membership from her phone and load it on your lads a day or so later

Offline VVM

• Kopite
  • OVER AN HOUR LEFT ESTIMATED TIME
« Reply #2615 on: January 25, 2024, 09:02:05 pm »
How do you change the address on your ticket account? Just noticed mine is a weird mix up between my current and old address. First line and postcode both correct so hopefully doesn’t cause me any bother but is there a way to correct it?

Offline SingFongFC

• Kopite
« Reply #2616 on: January 25, 2024, 09:02:18 pm »
Was a few verbals at the bottom of the ramp pre match for all 3 to be honest but nothing out of the ordinary. Its just another complete overreaction from the Met.

As was them wrestling my mate to the ground and then taking his ticket off him at the FA Cup final.

His ‘crime’ was to be surrounded by a group of their fans screaming ‘murderers’ in his face. He pushed one of them away (pretty forcefully) and the police pounced on him and let that lot scarper scott free.

So I’m not that surprised they are a bit twitchy this time, having seen that incident first hand

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #2617 on: January 25, 2024, 09:03:42 pm »
That’s the reality for a lot of people now. I buy a ticket coz I wanna see us play but with a ridiculous numbers of fans coming from all over the country now, I can see why you’d wanna save on travel, time etc etc.

The club need to stamp this out unfortunately. We have been saying this for years and the club just don’t listen and we have no one to speak out on behalf of the general match going fan
I go to all the league home games and I do agree the club shouldn't allow you to get credits without going, but they do currently so it's an obvious loophole.
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline SingFongFC

• Kopite
« Reply #2618 on: January 25, 2024, 09:03:45 pm »
What do the selling details have to do with the kick off time? it was down as a 1630 ko last night and not that it matters, but our selling details also say a 1630 ko too so I'm struggling to see what your point is.

General point about buying a train ticket for a game that you don’t know 100% if you will get a ticket for as of last night

Offline anitrella

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2619 on: January 25, 2024, 09:05:46 pm »
How do you change the address on your ticket account? Just noticed mine is a weird mix up between my current and old address. First line and postcode both correct so hopefully doesn’t cause me any bother but is there a way to correct it?
it’s NFC ticket not paper if you’re worried about delivery

But for any address changes you have to email the club

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #2620 on: January 25, 2024, 09:08:10 pm »
General point about buying a train ticket for a game that you don’t know 100% if you will get a ticket for as of last night
Seriously? Of course some will/do know if they are guaranteed a ticket or not, apart from certain corps, sponsors etc. there are also PRH's as well as those with 4+ of the 5 matches played, a decent chunk of our group are in this exact boat. Where do you think the other tickets go that won't be part of the ballot?

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #2621 on: January 25, 2024, 09:10:01 pm »
As was them wrestling my mate to the ground and then taking his ticket off him at the FA Cup final.

His ‘crime’ was to be surrounded by a group of their fans screaming ‘murderers’ in his face. He pushed one of them away (pretty forcefully) and the police pounced on him and let that lot scarper scott free.

So I’m not that surprised they are a bit twitchy this time, having seen that incident first hand
Fair enough, sorry for your mate. Why not state yesterday that the ko time is TBA or even on our own selling notice today then?

Offline pablob12

• Boys Pen
« Reply #2622 on: January 25, 2024, 09:22:39 pm »
Get her to remove the membership from her phone and load it on your lads a day or so later

As in remove the NFC from her wallet in iPhone?  We have had nightmares when they have gone missing in the past requiring ages to get it sorted at the ground and missing first 20 mins of the game.

Or is there another way to remove membership (season ticket) from phone?

Offline Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #2623 on: January 25, 2024, 09:24:05 pm »
As in remove the NFC from her wallet in iPhone?  We have had nightmares when they have gone missing in the past requiring ages to get it sorted at the ground and missing first 20 mins of the game.

Or is there another way to remove membership (season ticket) from phone?

You won’t need to do this. The ticket will just be sent to the email address on the account - and the email will be forwardable.
Long live the King

Offline SingFongFC

• Kopite
« Reply #2624 on: January 25, 2024, 09:24:30 pm »
Fair enough, sorry for your mate. Why not state yesterday that the ko time is TBA or even on our own selling notice today then?

Yeah that would have been the sensible thing no doubt!

And yeah he was pretty devastated, as you can imagine.

They didn’t arrest him ( probably because they knew he’d not done a whole lot wrong), but they handcuffed him at side of Wembley Way while they verified he was who he said he was.

Then took his ticket and told him to leave the vicinity of the stadium.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #2625 on: January 25, 2024, 09:47:33 pm »

I mean the club has made a habit of asking for travel details for European aways when buying a ticket..but whatever keeps you happy mate.

Offline SingFongFC

• Kopite
« Reply #2626 on: January 25, 2024, 09:53:31 pm »
I mean the club has made a habit of asking for travel details for European aways when buying a ticket..but whatever keeps you happy mate.

Don’t see the connection you’re making there.

Just don’t really see the big issue with this, anyone that did book last night - surely they’ve done so that they’d still be able to be at the ground in plenty of time for a 3pm ko?

And if they haven’t, for some reason - won’t take much to get on an earlier service

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #2627 on: January 25, 2024, 10:07:38 pm »
Don’t see the connection you’re making there.

Just don’t really see the big issue with this, anyone that did book last night - surely they’ve done so that they’d still be able to be at the ground in plenty of time for a 3pm ko?

And if they haven’t, for some reason - won’t take much to get on an earlier service

If they've booked a train to get to Wembley at 3:30 for a 4:30 kick off. How exactly are they making a 3pm kick off?

Some advance journeys allow no changes.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2628 on: January 25, 2024, 10:08:38 pm »
We booked early trains after last night so won’t be affected by an earlier kick off time, if anything 3pm is better. 

But if anyone has bought train tickets on the basis of an advertised and confirmed 1630 ko then some compensation should be forthcoming to those affected from those responsible for knee jerk changes.

As for The Met, if they are making decisions based on alcohol consumption fueling disorder then a 1500 kick off will make no difference.  Those that want to get pissed will be on the lash hours before kick off, particularly those from London who will have short journeys. 
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #2629 on: January 25, 2024, 10:11:06 pm »
The met have a fucking cheek. They don't give a shite and have a very relaxed attitude in London.

In all honesty there's no need to move the kick off time. Any Chelsea fan or Liverpool fan can still be a knobhead

Offline pablob12

• Boys Pen
« Reply #2630 on: January 25, 2024, 10:13:57 pm »
You won’t need to do this. The ticket will just be sent to the email address on the account - and the email will be forwardable.

Ok. So I then open email on my lads phone and it will
Update his general NFC pass?

That sounds like a simple way for people to bypass NFCs and forward tickets on. Which is more open than allowing you to send to friends and family.

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2631 on: January 25, 2024, 10:14:32 pm »
If they've booked a train to get to Wembley at 3:30 for a 4:30 kick off. How exactly are they making a 3pm kick off?

It's absolutely out of order. People have booked advance trains that are not changeable. I'm amazed it is being defended on here to be honest.

It is 4.30 pm on a Sunday FFS, not like it's an 8pm Saturday or something. We've played them at 430 once this season already and are playing them at 8pm in less than a week

Obviously not going to affect many Chelsea fans.

Offline SingFongFC

• Kopite
« Reply #2632 on: January 25, 2024, 10:15:46 pm »

There’s a solution that doesn’t take much effort is all I’m saying.

It is unfortunate for the few that have already booked, but I’d rather be in that situation of having to modify a journey now than wait until the 7th of February before anything can be booked at all, like us lowly ballot entrants  ;D

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2633 on: January 25, 2024, 10:17:11 pm »
There’s a solution that doesn’t take much effort is all I’m saying.

It is unfortunate for the few that have already booked, but I’d rather be in that situation of having to modify a journey now than wait until the 7th of February before anything can be booked at all, like us lowly ballot entrants  ;D

"Modify a journey" meaning lose the money you have paid on your advance ticket and buy another? Wow

It's no wonder the TV companies get away with fucking over fans all the country with changing kick off times at short notice
« Last Edit: January 25, 2024, 10:19:38 pm by Craig S »

Offline mattyyt

• Anny Roader
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #2634 on: January 25, 2024, 10:25:15 pm »
I’m gonna be in the ballot but I’ve booked the train already. The flexible off-peak ones you can refund for a tenner, so seemed like the smart thing to do.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2635 on: January 25, 2024, 10:37:02 pm »
The Met knew the potential finalists on December 20th; so had plenty of time to assess the risk associated with each of the four outcomes for finalists, and have the relevant discussions with interested parties regarding kick off times.  Having assessed the risk associated with each potential fixture kick off times should gave been agreed before the second leg matches.

This wasn’t done which gives us two options. Firstly The Met have intelligence indicating a significant risk of disorder that has emerged in the last 24 hours,  or The Met is clearly incapable of forward planning which is pretty damning.

We shall see.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #2636 on: January 25, 2024, 10:38:14 pm »
The Met knew the potential finalists on December 20th; so had plenty of time to assess the risk associated with each of the four outcomes for finalists, and have the relevant discussions with interested parties regarding kick off times.  Having assessed the risk associated with each potential fixture kick off times should gave been agreed before the second leg matches.

This wasn’t done which gives us two options. Firstly The Met have intelligence indicating a significant risk of disorder that has emerged in the last 24 hours,  or The Met is clearly incapable of forward planning which is pretty damning.

We shall see.
Spot on.

Its probably the latter, but yes, we shall see.

Offline SingFongFC

• Kopite
« Reply #2637 on: January 25, 2024, 10:43:00 pm »
"Modify a journey" meaning lose the money you have paid on your advance ticket and buy another? Wow

It's no wonder the TV companies get away with fucking over fans all the country with changing kick off times at short notice

I thought you could modify pretty much any journey these days to a different service - might have to pay a small fee but are you saying it’s always a case of having to book a completely new ticket if you want to make any changes?

If so then I’ve obviously got the wrong end of the stick where train travel is concerned.

Wouldn’t want anyone to have to buy a completely new ticket just because of this unfortunate situation (if it indeed does happen, nothing official yet is there?)

Offline SingFongFC

• Kopite
« Reply #2638 on: January 25, 2024, 10:44:32 pm »

We shall see.

Very good post, very much agree!

Offline anitrella

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2639 on: January 25, 2024, 10:48:06 pm »
will it? Like they did for the Arsenal FA Cup away? I thought it would get uploaded to your NFC…