Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - THE OLD (CRAP) THREAD THAT'S GOING IN THE BIN  (Read 147888 times)

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - CHEERIO FREERIO POWER CUBE
« Reply #2080 on: August 4, 2021, 10:59:58 pm »
You know you didn't answer his question right? You answered a question, sure, but I think it's one you made up in your head.

He’s missed a tonne of games before COVID existed, just because he had it last year and he’s recover from that doesn’t mean he’s not going to suffer from the same type of muscle injuries-

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2081 on: August 4, 2021, 11:05:35 pm »
And if our midfield options aren't reduced by having to move two midfielders to centre back I would expect Klopp will be in a position to rotate more, thus putting less pressure on all of the midfield.

Yes thats true, we will just have to see- we’ve got Elliott/Clarkson as option hopefully this season

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #2082 on: August 4, 2021, 11:08:22 pm »
my god you are miserable about everything to do with this team :lmao
Or as i like to call him ''Snow Whites 6 other Dwarfs'' or ''Everyone but Happy''

Offline FowlerLegend

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2083 on: August 4, 2021, 11:09:40 pm »
This is going to sound harsh, I’m pretty blunt at times so please don’t take this as a dig at your or anyone personally-

Whenever you lose it’s down to your weaknesses and it’s usually fine margins, that’s why we end up arguing over fine print, we all know we have a brilliant squad and it’s not that easy to improve it across a lot of positions and in many cases it’s probably not worth doing-

Klopp is the greatest manager I’ve seen at Liverpool, he’s got another few seasons left and then he’s gone, I want him supported to the hilt while he’s here, we could be looking back at this time in a few years as a golden period and all be sitting around asking ourselves, when Jurgen was here did we really make the most of it?
I think the point you make about fine margins is a good one.
I think we will compete but being such a data driven club I am sure there are a few warning signs that they will be keeping an eye on, the steady regression in expected goals scored and expected goals against and the reduction in points per game ( over 2019 and 2020 calendar years), most if not all of which occurred before Van Dijk's injury. Plus the hammering from Villa.
Clearly, the levels we were at were incredibly high to start with but as other teams improve, I am sure they will be keen to freshen stuff up with a couple newbies in and makesure that we reassert our position and do not regress further.
The fear that the club won't  move to mitigate this regression is what is causing most fans anxiety. However we still have a good few weeks left yet.
« Last Edit: August 4, 2021, 11:17:34 pm by FowlerLegend »

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2084 on: August 4, 2021, 11:14:57 pm »
He’s missed a tonne of games before COVID existed, just because he had it last year and he’s recover from that doesn’t mean he’s not going to suffer from the same type of muscle injuries-

:butt I'm done.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2085 on: August 4, 2021, 11:19:08 pm »
This reduces the amortisation of Alisson fee by at-least £10m a year..

It’s more like £5.5m. He signed 3 years ago on a 6 year contract for 66m, so 33 million remains on his book value after 11m per year amortisation. Signing a 6 year deal now, means amortisation will be 5.5m a year.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2086 on: August 4, 2021, 11:35:29 pm »
:lmao yes I know I can be like that

Honestly mate it's not funny, it's fucking draining for the rest of us. I just want to come on here and talk about how amazing the Club I support is and how Everton and Man United are shit.

When Jurgen was here did we really make the most of it?

Just as an example. The answer for any sane, positive person will be of course we fucking made the most of it - we won our first league title in 30 years, with a record points total, and won a European Cup. God only knows what you were like back in 2010.
« Last Edit: August 4, 2021, 11:38:34 pm by LovelyCushionedHeader »
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - GODDAG DAMSGAARD
« Reply #2087 on: August 5, 2021, 12:47:22 am »
Amen, brother  :wave

Thanks my friend!  In Kloppo I trust
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2088 on: August 5, 2021, 02:07:54 am »
We still need to replace Gini. Milner is yet another year older, ox is made of glass, keita is made of glass. Jones is still inconsistent/learning his trade.

He played almost 3000 minutes last season, that is a massive hole to replace. Then there is the situation with Bobby, who has been poor for a few years now.

I fear last seasons finish wasn’t just because of injuries, but because a lack of new blood in the team, we have stood still whilst our rivals around us are improving year upon year. You need new blood to give competition to the old, this is one of the most obvious   and well known situations in football. I fear we are just going to waste the last years of klopp because of penny pinching owners.

People will use covid as an excuse, but this shit has been happening for years, and covid hasn’t stopped the rest of the league spending and moving forward.

We need  a forward not a Gini replacement.

My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2089 on: August 5, 2021, 02:37:23 am »
Or as i like to call him ''Snow Whites 6 other Dwarfs'' or ''Everyone but Happy''

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2090 on: August 5, 2021, 07:55:34 am »
From his agent Malick kebe (official Twitter)

“The say that coach Klopp plays Naby to play in his favourite role, you will see what he will bring to
Liverpool. he is a playmaker not a scavenger”

Read as: my client i get the impression, from a distance, that my old mate does not like all this running around involved at the top level of football.
« Last Edit: August 5, 2021, 07:58:27 am by lamonti »

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2091 on: August 5, 2021, 07:58:55 am »

Just as an example. The answer for any sane, positive person will be of course we fucking made the most of it - we won our first league title in 30 years, with a record points total, and won a European Cup. God only knows what you were like back in 2010.

Exactly, and I'm confident we'll have at least one more European Cup or League title by the time Jurgen leaves as well. As for 2010? Well we all know Asam didn't support us then.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2092 on: August 5, 2021, 08:05:23 am »
Here's a crackpot theory: everyone in football knew that City would flood the transfer market with cash late this summer, and the transfer of Grealish will give money to Villa, to Southampton, to X, to Y, to Z and so on, which will unclog the dam on the sales of the last few of of our first team squad that are for sale (Div, Taki, Shaq).

We'll sign someone for ~£30-35m to play a supporting role in attack to replace whichever one or two of those lads we sell, and you won't have heard a peep about it until about a day or two beforehand, because our club (and others, see also Ings transfer) have become much better at controlling information that comes out*.

Judging by previous transfer windows, that seems an entirely likely set of circumstance. Apparently some people can only believe we'll sign someone if we are involved in a blow-by-blow psychodrama played out by obscure Twitter accounts and gossip columns published in newspapers.

*A second crackpot theory: do you think clubs have added something to information about player sales/recruitment to the contracts of their staff (players included)? There's so much less tittle-tattle than a few years ago and so many more stupid people communicating electronically.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #2093 on: August 5, 2021, 08:11:11 am »

The legacy of the new training ground, which Jurgen lobbied for, a new stand being built and regular CL football funding one of the largest wage bills, enabling us to keep a league title and CL winning team together.

Ideally we'd have spent more and avoided some mistakes, but the spending power of Man City distorts the perception somewhat. And we didn't bank on an income shredding pandemic while Jurgen was here.

Just hope we've got at least one more big trophy in us while he's in charge. The reality is, City are going to mop most of them up. The fact we won a title is a miracle in this era.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Larse

• Kopite
« Reply #2094 on: August 5, 2021, 08:12:52 am »
Here's a crackpot theory: everyone in football knew that City would flood the transfer market with cash late this summer, and the transfer of Grealish will give money to Villa, to Southampton, to X, to Y, to Z and so on, which will unclog the dam on the sales of the last few of of our first team squad that are for sale (Div, Taki, Shaq).

We'll sign someone for ~£30-35m to play a supporting role in attack to replace whichever one or two of those lads we sell, and you won't have heard a peep about it until about a day or two beforehand, because our club (and others, see also Ings transfer) have become much better at controlling information that comes out*.

Judging by previous transfer windows, that seems an entirely likely set of circumstance. Apparently some people can only believe we'll sign someone if we are involved in a blow-by-blow psychodrama played out by obscure Twitter accounts and gossip columns published in newspapers.

*A second crackpot theory: do you think clubs have added something to information about player sales/recruitment to the contracts of their staff (players included)? There's so much less tittle-tattle than a few years ago and so many more stupid people communicating electronically.

It has always been like that though hasnt it? The transfer window starts taking off when someone floods the market with cash. 2017 after the neymar to psg transfer was crazy. Kane and Graelish to City and Lukaku to Inter will start the transfer merry go round. If then Real Madrid decide to go for Mbappe (unlikely), August would be wild.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #2095 on: August 5, 2021, 08:16:52 am »
It has always been like that though hasnt it? The transfer window starts taking off when someone floods the market with cash. 2017 after the neymar to psg transfer was crazy. Kane and Graelish to City and Lukaku to Inter will start the transfer merry go round. If then Real Madrid decide to go for Mbappe (unlikely), August would be wild.

Most teams have to sell to buy, so it's a wheeler dealer window for most. Added to the fact we only knew fans would be allowed in the ground a couple of weeks ago, so it's a difficult season to budget for.

It's annoying when the season starts in August and transfers dominate the conversation more than the actual football. THat's just what the month will be like. The season won't really  get going until after the September internationals.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2096 on: August 5, 2021, 08:17:30 am »

Exactly :)
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline FowlerLegend

• Kopite
« Reply #2097 on: August 5, 2021, 08:26:41 am »

Most possibly. Sean Dyche said last summer that they are one of the clubs that needs to wait for all the big transfers to conclude before they can enter the market so makes sense.

Not sure about the second one. I loved the Jota deal last summer but I don't know how we did it or how we convinced the selling club and agent to keep schtum.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2098 on: August 5, 2021, 08:40:03 am »
Honestly mate it's not funny, it's fucking draining for the rest of us. I just want to come on here and talk about how amazing the Club I support is and how Everton and Man United are shit.

We're signing Sane? I'll take that

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
« Reply #2099 on: August 5, 2021, 08:46:06 am »
Pretty sure we’ve agreed a couple of purchases. Obviously can’t announce it because we’d then have no leverage when negotiating sales. We’ve already signed a possible 1st 11 player. And we’ve 100% won the amortisation trophy. It’s not the transfer window trophy sure but it’s still silverware. We’re looking good.

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2100 on: August 5, 2021, 09:10:44 am »
Pretty sure we’ve agreed a couple of purchases. Obviously can’t announce it because we’d then have no leverage when negotiating sales. We’ve already signed a possible 1st 11 player. And we’ve 100% won the amortisation trophy. It’s not the transfer window trophy sure but it’s still silverware. We’re looking good.
I have a feeling you may be right.
If last season showed us anything it is that we absolutely need better players to come in when players are struggling / injured. We’ve strengthened at CB and I don’t see anyway Jürgen and the board feel like we don’t need anybody else.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2101 on: August 5, 2021, 09:21:50 am »
Pretty sure we’ve agreed a couple of purchases. Obviously can’t announce it because we’d then have no leverage when negotiating sales.

Yeah. I can't see Jurgen's face and the smile and not think 'they've got this under control'. Whichever way you slice it, he's happy.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2102 on: August 5, 2021, 09:22:00 am »
I have a feeling you may be right.
If last season showed us anything it is that we absolutely need better players to come in when players are struggling / injured. We’ve strengthened at CB and I don’t see anyway Jürgen and the board feel like we don’t need anybody else.

Agreed. I also think it'll be good for the players. I know they want to play every minute of every game but I think a bit of enforced rotation would help them. Especially the Robbos, Salahs, Trents etc. We have an incredibly hard working team. Definitely harder working than City's players who can get a rest whenever they're near the red zone with no effect on the team make up...

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2103 on: August 5, 2021, 09:24:38 am »

I don't think so, nobody's holding us over a barrel when negotiating a fee for Origi if we've signed another forward, he's surplus to requirements either way. Same goes for Minamino, Davies, Shaqiri, Williams, Phillips, etc.

I wouldn't be surprised if we've contacted a fair few agents/clubs and have a clear picture of who is available and what the fee/wages would look like and what it would take for the move to happen, and we're either waiting for the money to be available or for circumstances to shift in our favour.

Offline Jono69

• Legacy Fan
  • You make pigs smoke!
« Reply #2104 on: August 5, 2021, 09:26:00 am »

Not sure we've agreed anything personally but 100% think we will get 2 in , think it will drag on late into the window and we will sign a Spaniard and Belgian
If you see a lovely field with a family having a picnic, and a nice pond in it, you fill in the pond with concrete, you plow the family into the soil, you blow up the tree, and use the leaves to make a dress for your wife who is also your brother.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2105 on: August 5, 2021, 09:28:55 am »
Ali's new contract was better than signing a new player.

Offline The Test

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2106 on: August 5, 2021, 09:29:13 am »
Yeah. I can't see Jurgen's face and the smile and not think 'they've got this under control'. Whichever way you slice it, he's happy.

You can never tell with Jurgen though. he seems constantly amused by the shit fest that is the english transfer window.

Funny to think he could have not gone into footy management and ended up in telesales or something. He'd be this brilliant telesales manager who everyone loved working under. And photocopier sales figures were always off the charts...

The young telesales wunderkind from the Paris office hears about him and is eager for a transfer etc etc

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2107 on: August 5, 2021, 09:30:26 am »
I don't think so, nobody's holding us over a barrel when negotiating a fee for Origi if we've signed another forward, he's surplus to requirements either way. Same goes for Minamino, Davies, Shaqiri, Williams, Phillips, etc.

I wouldn't be surprised if we've contacted a fair few agents/clubs and have a clear picture of who is available and what the fee/wages would look like and what it would take for the move to happen, and we're either waiting for the money to be available or for circumstances to shift in our favour.

Not sure thats quite true.

We're bang on the limit for the squad next season right now. If we suddenly announced, for example, Bissouma and Auoar it'd then mean we'd have two foreign players unable to be registered (likely to be 2 of Origi, Shaq and Taki) so of course that would impact our negotiating position to a certain extent. But I do agree that its very unlikely we've got purchases with clubs agreed and we're just waiting to sell players, I can't imagine clubs would be wanting to do us a favour in that respect. And a lot more likely we've got money but we're just waiting until close to the end of the window to see what we can get.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline The Test

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2108 on: August 5, 2021, 09:31:13 am »

If my understanding is correct we'd have no leverage because of non homegrown squad places. klopp's not just going to exile players to bring new ones in.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #2109 on: August 5, 2021, 09:34:35 am »
September to mid December - league winning form
Half the team out with injury from mid December through February - relegation form
Team comes back for the rest of the season - league winning form

I'm pretty certain our issues were 100% due to injury
That is last season in a nutshell, and I find it bizarre anyone can come to any other conclusion. The range of theories to explain it any other way are pointless when the reasons were staring us in the face from the team sheets each week. Some fans just need someone or something to blame - like suggesting Wijnaldum lost form (trying to run the midfield without Henderson or Fabinho next to him...?), or some forwards were misfiring (without the high press, less overlapping fullbacks, and less service from a different midfield), or that we didn't sign anyone (despite Thiago, Jota and Tsimikas), or that teams had 'worked us out' (despite not being able to at any other time over the last 3 years), or when we apparently spent a month 'sitting around before panic buying centre backs' (amazing how much some know about what happens behind the scenes).

If we'd had a fully fit squad I could understand some concern, but as you've pointed out - the correlation between results and injuries is clear as day, and I'm pretty sure we'll carry the momentum of those last 10 games into this season.

I still think a midfielder/striker would make the squad stronger, but if the focus has to be new contracts and financial stability for a while, then we still have a strong enough squad to challenge. Even Virgil and Joe returning makes a huge difference, as those two literally improve every area of our team as all great CB's do - they allow us to play a high line, allow the fullbacks to bomb forward, give Alisson more protection and  allow him to be a proper sweeper keeper, allow our midfield to press more and be braver going forward to support the strikers, provide an aerial goal threat, and also help us beat the press with accurate passes to bypass the midfield. It's a cliche, but the returning players will feel like new signings and if we can win 8 and draw 2 of our last 10 without them, then imagine the improvement when they're back to full fitness. We'll also (hopefully) see Thiago and Jota get sustained runs in the team which can only be a good thing.

We've been brilliant for the majority of the last 3 seasons, and only lost form when we had the worst injury crisis in the club's history.
« Last Edit: August 5, 2021, 09:40:29 am by keyop »
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #2110 on: August 5, 2021, 09:35:07 am »
"Wahhh I want a new toy!"

I look at my custom title and wonder how I got it (seem to remember it was for not wanting Voronin to play in a game we needed to win) when I look at this thread.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Online Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2111 on: August 5, 2021, 09:36:39 am »
Not sure thats quite true.

We're bang on the limit for the squad next season right now. If we suddenly announced, for example, Bissouma and Auoar it'd then mean we'd have two foreign players unable to be registered (likely to be 2 of Origi, Shaq and Taki) so of course that would impact our negotiating position to a certain extent. But I do agree that its very unlikely we've got purchases with clubs agreed and we're just waiting to sell players, I can't imagine clubs would be wanting to do us a favour in that respect. And a lot more likely we've got money but we're just waiting until close to the end of the window to see what we can get.

It's a fair point regarding player registration, though I can only really see it affecting our position with Origi due to his contract being up next summer. Like you say though it seems unlikely we'd have purchases lined up already regardless, more likely we just have an idea of what the fees/wages/availability would be for certain players so we can pull the trigger quickly if we're in a position to buy.

Online Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #2112 on: August 5, 2021, 09:36:57 am »
Pretty sure we’ve agreed a couple of purchases.

Offline Jayo10

• Kopite
« Reply #2113 on: August 5, 2021, 09:37:20 am »
This will be one transfer deadline day where there will be legitimate action.

So many clubs playing hardball when they haven't got a leg to stand on financially (in particular the french clubs), likewise clubs like ourselves and maybe Barca hoping to shift fringe players will more than likely have to accept loan deals rather than sales. Can see Origi and Shaqiri leaving on loan with options to buy.

The club are obviously still waiting to see how Gomez and VVD kick on before letting Phillips go.

I'd imagine Karius, Phillips, Shaqiri, Ojo and Origi will depart whether its perm or on loan is another matter.

Rhys Williams will probably get a loan move to championship, and a call will be made on Harvey Elliot late on i'd say.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2114 on: August 5, 2021, 09:37:29 am »
That is last season in a nutshell, and I find it bizarre anyone can come to any other conclusion.

I'm a big fan of TAW's Ben Johnson and as he put it when we signed Thiago and Jota, "I think maybe we've completed football."
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #2115 on: August 5, 2021, 09:39:00 am »
Read as: my client i get the impression, from a distance, that my old mate does not like all this running around involved at the top level of football.

He leads the team in pressures and ball recoveries when he plays so let’s nip this one in the bud

Agents are professional wham chatters and should be ignored at all times

Online Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2116 on: August 5, 2021, 09:39:48 am »
That is last season in a nutshell, and I find it bizarre anyone can come to any other conclusion.

I think some people will always start from a position of "We need players" and work backwards from there to find a reason.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - NO NEWS TO REPORT
« Reply #2117 on: August 5, 2021, 09:43:53 am »
I think some people will always start from a position of "We need players" and work backwards from there to find a reason.

Sure - but isn’t the question - are we favourites to win the league? … if no we should be adding / upgrading players
Suspect that’s where most people are at

(I mean even if the answer is yes you should still probably add - standing still in football is usually death that’s why the motto for building the old liverpool dynasty was always buy when you’re strong)

Offline buttersstotch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2118 on: August 5, 2021, 09:45:05 am »
This will be one transfer deadline day where there will be legitimate action.

So many clubs playing hardball when they haven't got a leg to stand on financially (in particular the french clubs), likewise clubs like ourselves and maybe Barca hoping to shift fringe players will more than likely have to accept loan deals rather than sales. Can see Origi and Shaqiri leaving on loan with options to buy.

The club are obviously still waiting to see how Gomez and VVD kick on before letting Phillips go.

I'd imagine Karius, Phillips, Shaqiri, Ojo and Origi will depart whether its perm or on loan is another matter.

Rhys Williams will probably get a loan move to championship, and a call will be made on Harvey Elliot late on i'd say.

Agree with a lot of this and like a few others I suspect our business will be late. For Day One we don't have any obvious holes after we signed Ibra. We're well stocked and I do think we will make signings still, but we need to clear out 2 of Taki, Shaqiri and Origi. The only glaringly obvious hole we have is the few games Mane and Salah will miss in January.

I think Elliot is a lock to stay with us this season though.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2119 on: August 5, 2021, 09:50:03 am »

I tell myself that twice a year.