Author Topic: The People's Club (I was saying Boo-urns)  (Read 2209885 times)

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Rafa's got the Blues *
« Reply #320 on: August 1, 2021, 06:15:38 pm »
Think this bloke is taking the piss out of Pickford

https://twitter.com/TheFootyFact/status/1366511760321220609?s=19

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #321 on: August 1, 2021, 06:20:32 pm »
Pickford gives the piss away.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #322 on: August 1, 2021, 06:39:23 pm »
Think this bloke is taking the piss out of Pickford

https://twitter.com/TheFootyFact/status/1366511760321220609?s=19

Remember seeing that last season, the lad he took the piss out of with the dive got his revenge 5 mins later, should've celebrated with a dive ;D

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/G3hNhK79Hbc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/G3hNhK79Hbc</a>

Offline Henry Kissinger

• Posterior sponsored by Wilkinson Sword. On the Llama Protection Register. Should wash his mouth out with soap and water.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Experience is the name we give our mistakes
« Reply #323 on: August 1, 2021, 07:40:54 pm »
From GOT on where they'll finish next season.

davek said:

7th or 8th.
A good base to build from after the Ancelotti disaster.

summerisle:

The equivalent of base camp at Lime Street on the way to climbing Mount Everest.

:)
"What's passive smoking? There's passive lots of things. Like passive listening to shitheads. I have to put up with that every day. Are you going to ban people from talking crap? They give me a headache. Believe me, they're killing me. One day people's conversations on the street will do me in." Terry Hall

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #324 on: August 1, 2021, 10:44:48 pm »

A good base to build from after the Ancelotti disaster.

To be fair to them it's still never been explained why Ancelotti decided to jib the league challenge completely in September 2020.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #325 on: August 1, 2021, 11:04:40 pm »
To be fair to them it's still never been explained why Ancelotti decided to jib the league challenge completely in September 2020.
It was all down the the RS conspiracy to bring media attention onto their players for “accidentally” causing two serious injuries to their players.

If it hadn’t been fir the Kopite conspiracy, no one would have said a thing.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #326 on: August 2, 2021, 11:06:24 am »

The equivalent of base camp at Lime Street on the way to climbing Mount Everest.

;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #327 on: August 2, 2021, 03:41:55 pm »
At the moment, looks like they have no money and linked players are picking other teams, wonder what they'll go into the season with as the squad is crap

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #328 on: August 2, 2021, 03:49:03 pm »
Once again, despite winning the transfer window every season, they're in need of the proverbial 'big window' this summer, and it's not looking great so far. Begovic is alright on a free and won't be too bad if he does get games, Demarai Gray even on the cheap made me laugh as I don't remember him doing anything at Leicester despite loads of promise, and Andros Townsend hardly inspires does he?

I really wish this summer they'd got someone with absolutely nothing about him. Basically, Marco Silva II. Rafa even with a shit squad will probably have them midtable, between 9th-12th I'd say. The squad on paper doesn't look a lot better than it was a few years ago, and they're back to adding ageing crabs like Townsend et al. They've needed a fast, quality winger for years and have ended up signing Gray and Townsend, who might be lucky to grab 5 league goals between them. It won't be enough to see them in a relegation fight, but it'll be another poor season probably. Even Calvert Lewin and Richarlison are going into the season off the back of poor form.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #329 on: August 2, 2021, 04:16:34 pm »
Think they'll finish 6th or 7th myself. Arsenal and Spurs are gonna be shit.
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #330 on: August 2, 2021, 06:47:35 pm »

They were playing very open for the first 6 games, certainly by Everton standards. Blagged a few wins, daylight robbery point in the derby and then in game 6 they were well beaten by Southampton who outplayed them all game. Ancelotti parked the bus after that for the rest of the season.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #331 on: August 2, 2021, 06:52:49 pm »

I think Arsenal will do better. A season out of Europe will work in their favour and they're throwing a lot of money about. United/Liverpool/City/Chelsea obviously.

Who knows with Leicester? They can follow half a season of title winning form with half a season of relegation form with Brendan (and practically did in 19/20). Spurs will probably struggle. West Ham will fall off from last season.

They're in the batch with Villa/Leeds trying to break in there for a European place.

Offline Uncle Ronnie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #332 on: August 2, 2021, 08:22:35 pm »

They’d have a chance if Rafa was there for the season but I don’t see it happening.

They’ve completely reigned in their spending, even though Usmanov was going to give them loads of money and they weren’t going to be worried by FFP  ::) Their 2 most creative players won’t be there as one looks to be off and the other has other things to be concerned with. Richarlison won’t play probably for the first month due to COPA/Olympics etc etc.

He needs to start incredibly well to get the fans onside but it’ll be pretty much impossible. Atmosphere will be more toxic than normal and Moshiri will bend to the fans again and get rid as they sit, even though it’s where they should be, mid table and out of the league cup early.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #333 on: August 2, 2021, 11:32:43 pm »
They’d have a chance if Rafa was there for the season but I don’t see it happening.

They’ve completely reigned in their spending, even though Usmanov was going to give them loads of money and they weren’t going to be worried by FFP  ::) Their 2 most creative players won’t be there as one looks to be off and the other has other things to be concerned with. Richarlison won’t play probably for the first month due to COPA/Olympics etc etc.

He needs to start incredibly well to get the fans onside but it’ll be pretty much impossible. Atmosphere will be more toxic than normal and Moshiri will bend to the fans again and get rid as they sit, even though it’s where they should be, mid table and out of the league cup early.

It is really a case of how they start, this is a manager who will have no 'honeymoon", "Benefit of the Doubt" period. They have a relatively easy start but if they don't make the best of it I fear for Rafa and the atmosphere (those famous fans are back) at Goodison will turn toxic very quickly and nastily.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #334 on: August 3, 2021, 08:29:09 am »

Can't see it myself, at least one of those two will end up competent this season and then you have a long list including Leicester, West Ham, Villa, Leeds who are looking to be in a better shape than them out of the midtable sides, they could easily end up in the bottom half of the table, particularly since the atmosphere at home games will be more toxic than usual if they struggle early on.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #335 on: August 3, 2021, 08:32:40 am »

Can’t see it, too many sides of a similiar ability spending money as well. I’d put Villa and West Ham above them for starters

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #336 on: August 3, 2021, 09:19:37 am »
Can't see it myself, at least one of those two will end up competent this season and then you have a long list including Leicester, West Ham, Villa, Leeds who are looking to be in a better shape than them out of the midtable sides, they could easily end up in the bottom half of the table, particularly since the atmosphere at home games will be more toxic than usual if they struggle early on.

West Ham will drop off with Europe and usual Moyes drop off after a good season. Leicester should be hovering around the European places. Leeds could struggle with second season syndrome (or at least struggle to improve on last season when mid table all year anyway) and Villa will have lost their best player who made them tick (and were mid table all last season as well). Spurs look in bad shape as well.

Everton not in great shakes either, but they'll be in the mix for the last European places and hope for a cup run. The bar is never particularly high to be in and around 7th place.
« Last Edit: August 3, 2021, 09:23:28 am by Fromola »

Online Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #337 on: August 3, 2021, 09:40:03 am »
They'll do their usual. Rack up a few wins in their first 10 games and use the points to keep them afloat in mid table for the rest of the season
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #338 on: August 3, 2021, 10:57:25 am »
Day number whatever of Rafa being their manager and I'm still not okay with this. It's weird af to me. Will have to do as I did when he was at Chelsea and literally ignore anything related to that club (which shouldn't be too hard in this case).
JFT97

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #339 on: August 3, 2021, 11:01:30 am »
Anyone know anything about this Nunez they are linked with?

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #340 on: August 3, 2021, 11:50:48 am »
When you win the league after 4 games it’s only natural to take your foot off the gas for the rest of the season.

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #341 on: August 3, 2021, 11:53:44 am »
West Ham will drop off with Europe and usual Moyes drop off after a good season. Leicester should be hovering around the European places. Leeds could struggle with second season syndrome (or at least struggle to improve on last season when mid table all year anyway) and Villa will have lost their best player who made them tick (and were mid table all last season as well). Spurs look in bad shape as well.

Everton not in great shakes either, but they'll be in the mix for the last European places and hope for a cup run. The bar is never particularly high to be in and around 7th place.
To be honest, there is never really much difference in quality between the teams from 7th - 16th so I would expect Everton could finish in any one of them positions. If they don’t go down obviously.

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #342 on: August 3, 2021, 10:09:43 pm »
Every time I see pics of the stadium I see this

I did the Anfield Stadium Tour on Monday, bloody hell the Main Stand is tall!

When looking out towards the docks, I could see the proposed location of the new Bitters Stadium. It it possible to pick a worse location to build a football ground on Merseyside?
Justice for the 96!

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #343 on: August 3, 2021, 10:21:24 pm »
We look down on them because they are lower class ;D
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #344 on: August 3, 2021, 10:27:09 pm »
Looked on Toffeeweb last night and they're all in a tizzy over some Twitter nonsense that Rafa has tole Jamez to pack his bags and do one.

Some realists saying they need to move on and sign players with legs, the majority going with the myth he's a great player and using his 'glorious' pass to Richi-lar at Anfield as evidence of his world class abilities.

This then lead to a cluster fuck maintaining that Virgil fouled him early in the Derby, Pickford clattered Virgil in revenge and the 'thuggish attack' by Virgil lead to Jamez poor season and dislike of cold, wet and windy English weather.

They then go down a rabbit hole praising the 'Golden Ghost' Alex Young and the 'Holy Trinity' of Harvey, Kendall and Ball. Significant that their last memorable players were a lifetime ago.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #345 on: August 3, 2021, 10:33:37 pm »
Looked on Toffeeweb last night and they're all in a tizzy over some Twitter nonsense that Rafa has tole Jamez to pack his bags and do one.

Some realists saying they need to move on and sign players with legs, the majority going with the myth he's a great player and using his 'glorious' pass to Richi-lar at Anfield as evidence of his world class abilities.

This then lead to a cluster fuck maintaining that Virgil fouled him early in the Derby, Pickford clattered Virgil in revenge and the 'thuggish attack' by Virgil lead to Jamez poor season and dislike of cold, wet and windy English weather.

They then go down a rabbit hole praising the 'Golden Ghost' Alex Young and the 'Holy Trinity' of Harvey, Kendall and Ball. Significant that their last memorable players were a lifetime ago.
They all hated him at the end of the season…

Now Rafa doesn’t want him? He’s marvellous again
W

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #346 on: August 3, 2021, 10:38:48 pm »
They all hated him at the end of the season…

Now Rafa doesn’t want him? He’s marvellous again

His chances of being marvellous are significantly higher in the first week in warm and sunny August when he'll be flirting with a move to Italy. If that doesn't come off he'll be rushing for the next sicknote.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #347 on: August 3, 2021, 10:39:21 pm »
Catcher again doesn't understand the dynamics of wages to turnover i see again, another poster there having to explain to him again.

He think it's not important but the actual wages number is. ::)

#CatcherLogic

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #348 on: August 3, 2021, 10:45:57 pm »
James has been stealing a living since the WC 2014.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #349 on: August 3, 2021, 10:50:40 pm »
Catcher again doesn't understand the dynamics of wages to turnover i see again, another poster there having to explain to him again.

He think it's not important but the actual wages number is. ::)

#CatcherLogic

Catcher is either a kid or someone who thinks he's an intellectual because he read a book (for adolescents).
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #350 on: August 3, 2021, 10:54:42 pm »
Catcher is either a kid or someone who thinks he's an intellectual because he read a book (for adolescents).

He didn't just read the book he wrote a pretty good essay on it.

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #351 on: August 3, 2021, 11:06:16 pm »

Was there any fuss among blues when Moyes took over and fucked off Ginola and Gascoigne?

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #352 on: August 3, 2021, 11:08:55 pm »
He didn't just read the book he wrote a pretty good essay on it.

Has he had his GCSE results for it yet?
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #353 on: August 4, 2021, 01:26:46 pm »
Was there any fuss among blues when Moyes took over and fucked off Ginola and Gascoigne?

They love an entertainer at Goodison.
I remember Duncan Mackenzie jumping over Minis and throwing golf balls, and doing dribbles the length of the half way line from touch line to touch line.
Meanwhile we were forced to  watch dour shite like McDermott Heighway and of course Keegan,who couldn’t even ride a bike.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #354 on: August 4, 2021, 02:13:38 pm »
Anyone know anything about this Nunez they are linked with?

Antonio?
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Online jacobs chains

• Legacy Fan
  • The fight will not be attaining dreams.
« Reply #355 on: August 4, 2021, 03:36:50 pm »
I did the Anfield Stadium Tour on Monday, bloody hell the Main Stand is tall!

When looking out towards the docks, I could see the proposed location of the new Bitters Stadium. It it possible to pick a worse location to build a football ground on Merseyside?

I'm sure they'll find somewhere when this pipe dream turns into a B&Q.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #356 on: August 4, 2021, 03:39:56 pm »

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #357 on: August 4, 2021, 05:12:59 pm »
They love an entertainer at Goodison.
I remember Duncan Mackenzie jumping over Minis and throwing golf balls, and doing dribbles the length of the half way line from touch line to touch line.
Meanwhile we were forced to  watch dour shite like McDermott Heighway and of course Keegan,who couldn’t even ride a bike.

Magicians and thugs

For every McKenzie a Ferguson
For every Steven a Gray
For every Young a Royle

That McKenzie dribble sums up the cushion chuckers, pointless
aarf, aarf, aarf.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #358 on: August 4, 2021, 09:29:39 pm »
See Villa are buying the type of players Everton should be buying - Buendia, Bailey and Ings.

Whatever happened to Moshi-Lar's billion(s)?

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #359 on: August 5, 2021, 12:18:14 am »

Read the front cover

Everton went out in the preliminary round without scoring a goal

Just to show they have a long history of raising expectations then dashing them

(I will admit though that they went out to the eventual winners)

aarf, aarf, aarf.