Author Topic: FIFA Series  (Read 20352 times)

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: FIFA 22
« Reply #240 on: October 3, 2022, 06:50:13 pm »
This worth getting? The football game starvation is real.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #241 on: October 3, 2022, 06:55:42 pm »
I’m enjoying it, I only generally play Seasons. Some of the player physics is better, particularly body movements after collisions etc, seems more realistic. I seemed to get knocked off the ball easier in 23 though. Can’t seem to power past opposition players.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #242 on: October 3, 2022, 10:56:08 pm »
This worth getting? The football game starvation is real.

If you're on PC then don't (at least at the moment). The fucking idiots fucked up their "anti-cheat"-thingy and shitloads of people (including me) can't even get into the game, because the fucking "anti-cheat"-shite doesn't work properly. Apparently they're working on a fix, but who knows when that is going to come out. Absolutely useless. I haven't bought a Fifa game for a few years (played some of them a bit though through EA play), but thought I'd get this one as it's the last one called Fifa and they finally decided to make the PC version the same as the new consoles, but I should have known better. Really pissed off now...

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
Re: FIFA Series
« Reply #243 on: October 10, 2022, 08:30:34 pm »
I’m enjoying it, I didn’t buy 22 but this is definitely better then 21 and that horseshit that was 20 imo

Quick question

Whenever I play FIFA, career mode is my go to mode instantly. In fact that’s all I play when playing fifa

I’ve just found out from my little nephew that Ultimate team and something called pro clubs is ‘where it’s at’

Am I missing out?

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #244 on: October 10, 2022, 08:43:56 pm »
I’m enjoying it, I didn’t buy 22 but this is definitely better then 21 and that horseshit that was 20 imo

Quick question

Whenever I play FIFA, career mode is my go to mode instantly. In fact that’s all I play when playing fifa

I’ve just found out from my little nephew that Ultimate team and something called pro clubs is ‘where it’s at’

Am I missing out?
Ultimate team is basically like opening a pack of panini stickers and seeing what you get. Then you assemble your team with the cards and play against the computer or online against other teams other players have assembled. You go up divisions or down depending how good you are, or you can just play against the AI in something called squad battles, AI takes control of the teams other players have made. You can buy packs or get them as rewards at the end of every game week, there's also other methods to get packs like squad building challenges.

Pro Clubs is like be a pro, you create your player and control him and you play with other players online who each control a player for the same side.

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #245 on: October 10, 2022, 10:57:09 pm »
I’m really enjoying it. I’ve played the last few on ps4 so this is my first on a next gen console. Massive upgrade for me and my first time playing online in well over five years.

I’ve had every fifa since fifa 99, wish I’d kept them all now with this being the last!
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #246 on: October 11, 2022, 12:14:42 am »
Ultimate team is basically like opening a pack of panini stickers and seeing what you get. Then you assemble your team with the cards and play against the computer or online against other teams other players have assembled. You go up divisions or down depending how good you are, or you can just play against the AI in something called squad battles, AI takes control of the teams other players have made. You can buy packs or get them as rewards at the end of every game week, there's also other methods to get packs like squad building challenges.

Pro Clubs is like be a pro, you create your player and control him and you play with other players online who each control a player for the same side.

Ah I see, thanks. none of that interests me, I think I’ll stick with my normal manager mode  8)

I wish they’d bring lounge mode (I think it was called) where it keeps a table and stats of every time you play against a friend (old school face to face)

Offline frag

• ile
  • Legacy Fan
  • We’ve been to...
« Reply #247 on: October 19, 2022, 02:11:59 pm »
If there are 4 of us, 2x lads with Xbox 360 and 2x lads with PS4, can we play 2v2 online? Can't seem to get a simple answer anywhere.

Offline Kuytinho

• Kopite
« Reply #248 on: October 19, 2022, 03:48:44 pm »
If there are 4 of us, 2x lads with Xbox 360 and 2x lads with PS4, can we play 2v2 online? Can't seem to get a simple answer anywhere.
Nah. You couldn't even play 2v2 if you had the same type of console, assuming you are playing on four of them.

Offline frag

• ile
  • Legacy Fan
  • We’ve been to...
« Reply #249 on: October 19, 2022, 06:01:40 pm »
Nah. You couldn't even play 2v2 if you had the same type of console, assuming you are playing on four of them.

Ridiculous that, how do people play pro-clubs with their mates?

Offline Kuytinho

• Kopite
« Reply #250 on: October 19, 2022, 06:25:22 pm »
Ridiculous that, how do people play pro-clubs with their mates?
You could do 2v2 on Pro Clubs, but only if you have the same type of console. And somebody controlling just a single player isn't the greatest 2v2 experience. It's really silly that it isn't an option when co-op seasons and co-op rivals both exist.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: October 20, 2022, 06:35:01 am »
I'm never one to mess around with the settings too much in football games, however at the back end of FIFA 2022 I started to mess with the sliders a bit as I've always felt world class and legendary just have too much of a difference between them in terms of passing speed and shot accuracy so I altered it a couple of points.

Now in FIFA 23 I started to turn off the assists for shooting, passing, through balls, heading etc etc and it's like playing a different game, no longer this magnetism around shooting and passing, so you get different results from the same types of 3 or 4 shots or crosses that you could do previously. The AI also seems to struggle more, it feels like switching these things off goes a long way to not feeling like the game is heavily scripted.

It's basically rejuvenated my enthusiasm to play FIFA.again
« Last Edit: October 20, 2022, 06:37:00 am by naYoRHa2b »

Online WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: October 20, 2022, 11:21:57 pm »
What level you playing on? Always worth dabbling with the sliders etc

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: October 21, 2022, 09:11:19 am »
What level you playing on? Always worth dabbling with the sliders etc

Legendary now but just increased the error margin a couple of points for the AI shooting and first touch.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #254 on: October 21, 2022, 09:18:58 am »
I had a go on Ultimate and it is ridiculous haha. I had Wolves players scoring against me with every shot on target.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #255 on: October 21, 2022, 10:57:14 am »
I've managed to tinker my way from this being the most frustrating FIFA in memory to possibly the best and most balanced Career Mode I've experience in a long time. To start with I kept having high-scoring games, like insane results 4-6, 5-8, 4-4 were regular occurence. Almost no games ended up with under three goals scored. Now I often have hard working, grafting 0-0 games, where each team has chances, but they are difficult ones and hard to convert. As it should be really. Sometimes my strikers are on point and I'll brush a team aside, sometimes it's more frustrating and I get punished by stupid mistakes.

I do play on full manual, so no idea how any of these would work for assisted controls. Manual adds a welcome layer of difficulty and chaos to FIFA, which can't be recreated through sliders alone. Mind you, I've been playing manual since FIFA 09, so that may impact the balance if you're not as familiar with those controls.

At the moment I'm playing on Ultimate difficulty (sliders should work fine for Legendary as well), Slow speed and full manual controls. Some of the control settings I use are Tactical defending, Manual Jockey, Contextual Dribbling, Player based difficulty and very strict referees - but sliders are what makes the real difference. These are the sliders I'm using - User left, CPU right.

Sprint 20/20
Acceleration 42/40
Shot Error 60/64
Pass Error 60/64
Shot Speed 30/30
Pass Speed 30/30
Injury Frequency 70/70
Injury Severity 25/50
Goalkeeper Ability 65/72
Marking 95/100
Run Frequency 75/75
Line Height 60/50
Line Length 5/35
Width 50/50
Fullback 50/50
Power bar 47
First Touch Error 75/75

You can probably tweak most of these to your preference, but the one I've bolded is the key - Line length.

When this was on default, my team was constantly stretched vertically - with acres of space between the lines. Attack would not participate defensively at all, no matter what you told them to do in tactical settings. Midfield would meekly observe runners bypass them and in a second AI would find it's way to your box - with only your defenders there, stretched out and stupid. On anything above World Class I would concede 4-5 ping pong goals a game. No tracking of runners, no difficulty for AI. They would do the same bloody thing every single time - kick it wide, run to the line, cut back, ping it in the box - bang it in the corner.  With super short line - my whole team is more compressed and it actually forces AI to combine in a more realistic way.

Also if you have that match setting 'Player based difficulty' turned on, it makes it bit more more interesting - as you know which players will AI try to exploit and how they might react in certain situations. These star players will have an arrow above them. If it's a tricky winger for example - they'll try to dribble past you and feed the striker, if it's a big striker - close off the avenues towards him and AI will lose their shit and make mistakes. But in general, condensing my vertical line finally gives me some use from midfielders and even strikers when defending - they all participate. Defending is actually kind of fun now. Also I had no idea they now have double press option that works with Tactical defending (R1 button, or double click R1 to activate two additional players). These players lose stamina quickly, but it's helpful in a pinch to guide AI away from most dangerous avenues.

Hope this helps someone - changing that one single slider transformed the game for me.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: October 21, 2022, 11:32:44 am »
I've also found the double tap on R1 to make a considerable difference. Players seem to track the AI better while I can concentrate on the player with the ball

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #257 on: October 21, 2022, 11:38:04 pm »
Making my way through Division Rivals on UT. The gulf in class between Division 7 and 6 is huge. I never buy players with real money so it’s always more of a challenge. Happy with my side at the moment - a front 3 of Pulisic, Jesus and Adama Traore!
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Online JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #258 on: October 22, 2022, 01:16:51 am »
Making my way through Division Rivals on UT. The gulf in class between Division 7 and 6 is huge. I never buy players with real money so it’s always more of a challenge. Happy with my side at the moment - a front 3 of Pulisic, Jesus and Adama Traore!

Strange that, I felt like I was stuck in division 7 for ages, then I won every game I played in division 6 and advanced to D5.

I guess it's still pot luck who you play though at this stage. The high tier players won't have all worked their way up yet as the game hasn't been out that long.

Offline kellan

• Inventor of the most evil 'Stepping On Lego' curse. Cross her at your peril! Icelandic Pleasuredrone and a truly, unruly yet outrageous gem.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: October 24, 2022, 05:30:07 pm »
You could do 2v2 on Pro Clubs, but only if you have the same type of console. And somebody controlling just a single player isn't the greatest 2v2 experience. It's really silly that it isn't an option when co-op seasons and co-op rivals both exist.
I used to love the chaos of 11v11. Everyone scrambling to select the forwards and midfielders second. Whichever poor sod (usually me) who wasn't quick enough to pick an attacking player being stuck choosing 'any' to control the whole defence. Every lobby having that one dope who hasn't picked any player at all and is holding up the match starting. "Pass the fucking ball you greedy prick!" being yelled every two seconds. Every match descending into 1-0-10 formation free-for-alls. Good times  ;D  The removal of that game mode is probably what caused me to stop playing so much more than anything to do with my frustrations over the mechanics of the game itself.

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: November 1, 2022, 10:11:36 pm »
Just gone to play this again having not been on for a couple weeks, when signing into the ea servers my username (think it’s the ea account?) seems to have been changed to a loa for Chinese looking writing. Still on my Xbox profile and username and has all my seasons history etc. when I go to play a game though the team selected (usually to your last played as team) is not one I’ve ever played as.

Just an ea/fifa fuck up or something more sinister?
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #261 on: November 1, 2022, 11:03:21 pm »
I’d wager that’s something more sinister, while also being an EA fuckup.
AHA!

Offline aka_da_saus

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • follow me on twitter @aka_da_saus
« Reply #262 on: November 16, 2022, 12:33:49 pm »
anyone playing world cup mode ? very disappointed by it . pure bare bones. can't pick your own squad for tournament & no option play qualifying / friendlies to build up to tournament . I
would have preferred if they included things like that and charged for
it . Also how the hell is it still only 7 subs on
bench on fifa. used be able have 12 ish on PES!
we hate nottingham forest
we hate everton 2 THERE SHIT
we hate man united
but liverpool we love u
all together now

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #263 on: December 5, 2022, 05:36:40 pm »
i bought the one that had virgil van dijk on the cover. it was good, but i feel like, they need to make one copy last 2 seasons. cos the price of £50-60 per year is far too much.

They could still reset the teams at the start of each season, but theyve made loads of money off people buying this year on year its unbelievable. If you buy it, and dont play it for a while, then prices of players go up, people get those special players and you can never catch up with them. could be my old hands though haha.
did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #264 on: December 5, 2022, 05:49:17 pm »
The price is one thing considering there’s rarely a big upgrade, but worse is that they essentially abandon the previous version as soon as the new ones out. Proper shithousery, I’ve only ever played the ones that come free with PSPlus
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #265 on: December 5, 2022, 07:49:16 pm »
I want to play a world cup campaign with Japan or Uruguay. I can't though because Nunez doesn't have a facescan. Have they sorted it yet?
"Salahs in here......"

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #266 on: December 5, 2022, 07:50:20 pm »
Nah, he’s still bald.
AHA!

Online anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #267 on: December 5, 2022, 09:39:37 pm »
I came close to buying this over black Friday but couldn't justify it.. did the 10 hour trial and didn't really set the place alight! be interesting to see what the EA model is next season
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #268 on: December 5, 2022, 09:45:32 pm »
"Salahs in here......"

Online WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: December 5, 2022, 11:59:51 pm »
Yeah its hilarious

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #270 on: December 6, 2022, 11:39:48 am »
The price is one thing considering there’s rarely a big upgrade, but worse is that they essentially abandon the previous version as soon as the new ones out. Proper shithousery, I’ve only ever played the ones that come free with PSPlus

yeah, they purposely just start to throw those 99 cards out at the end of the season to fuck the previous game up dont they. and the market is pretty much off. its mad people actually play fifa for a living, cos there is cash prizes and stuff.
did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: December 6, 2022, 04:03:26 pm »
I only ever play it on PS Plus personally.

Cant be arsed paying £50-£60 a year for marginal improvements, I also can’t be arsed with the overly complicated Ultimate Team stuff which is the main reason for wanting the game immediately.

Offline XabiGerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: August 10, 2023, 11:49:21 am »
Been sent a beta code to try out the new game. Was telling myself I wasn’t going to bother with this version but they know I’m gullible haha. At least I can get to see how the game still hasn’t changed again

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: August 10, 2023, 04:35:44 pm »
Been sent a beta code to try out the new game. Was telling myself I wasn’t going to bother with this version but they know I’m gullible haha. At least I can get to see how the game still hasn’t changed again

I would hope for a pretty significant change given the whole separation, EA would want their first post FIFA game to be decent.  I think it'll be shite though, or more shite if that's possible.

Offline XabiGerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: August 10, 2023, 07:16:45 pm »
I would hope for a pretty significant change given the whole separation, EA would want their first post FIFA game to be decent.  I think it'll be shite though, or more shite if that's possible.

Looking at the trailer just looks like the same game with updated kits etc. The main updates will no doubt all revolve around ultimate team 😒

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: August 10, 2023, 07:23:13 pm »
The game is Ultimate Team. Other modes are not even an afterthought. I’ll stick with PES 2021 for my footy itch.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: September 21, 2023, 04:24:30 pm »
Am I missing out not playing Ultimate Team? I get this game every year and basically play Seasons and Pro Clubs, only tried UT once or twice and gave up after pretty much zero time and probably mainly because I couldn't get my head around it.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: September 22, 2023, 06:19:30 pm »
Played a couple of games of this earlier (there's a 10 hour trial via Gamepass Ultimate).  The presentation is top notch, actually stepped it up a level and the menu system is much more streamlined (if they keep it for the release version).  The game plays a bit slower and there's more skill involved in the passing and the ball physics are a bit more unpredictable.  Got to admit I quite liked it, don't know if I like it enough to buy it though.

Offline Rosario

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #278 on: September 26, 2023, 11:21:02 pm »
I’ve gotten the last few series for free via ps plus or close to through a massive sale when it gets to the end of its cycle. Wouldn’t even look at purchasing at full price unless they ever give career mode or gameplay a massive upgrade.

Gameplay feels way to gimmicky and simulated these days with the main aim seemingly being to allow players rack up high scores every game and career mode is just an after thought for developers.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: September 27, 2023, 07:16:34 am »
Tried the 10 hour trial on Xbox but it feels more ping pongy than ever, I really tried to play a slower paced game but it's just not easy. I actually turned the pace of the game down in the options but it still felt too fast. This is compared to previous iterations which I've played for a while