Author Topic: Rugby League  (Read 49516 times)

Offline Boston Bosox

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Rugby League
« Reply #640 on: March 29, 2024, 05:11:48 pm »
Saints beat Wigan 12-4, Wigan had a player sent off too

:champ

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #641 on: March 29, 2024, 05:12:34 pm »
Wigan seem to get a player sent off a lot in these games with the Saints.  ;D

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #642 on: March 29, 2024, 05:27:27 pm »
Dirty Wigan, Dupree was lucky to get away with a yellow, after leading with an elbow.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2024, 05:43:51 am by Statto Red »
#Sausages

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #643 on: March 29, 2024, 11:57:41 pm »
We needed that really, Wigan were getting ahead of themselves. This is turning out to be one of the most competitive seasons for a long time. 5-6 clubs in the mix for the top (same over in the NRL)
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #644 on: March 30, 2024, 07:36:28 am »
Saints beat Wigan 12-4, Wigan had a player sent off too

Should have had Dupree sent off as well. I went yesterday, cracking game. Saints pack largely dominated and kept the Wigan backs quiet, seemingly happy to let Smith launch high kicks at the saints back 3. Walmsley and Knowles outstanding for Saints. Icing on the cake was Hurrell barrelling over after Makinsons great catch out the sky. Amusing listening to the Wigan lot complaining about Kendall, completely forgetting they won a WCC on the back of Moores generosity.
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #645 on: April 1, 2024, 03:46:54 pm »
4-5 minute highlights of the Games of the week

Super League     Saints v Wigan

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/PlbMHhVId4E" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/PlbMHhVId4E</a>

https://www.superleague.co.uk/article/4081/highlights-%7C-saints-v-warriors

NRL        Parammata Eels v Wests Tigers   
   <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/3ApL-DnDxsg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/3ApL-DnDxsg</a>

https://www.nrl.com/watch/news/eels-v-wests-tigers--round-4-2024-1644845/
« Last Edit: April 1, 2024, 03:48:55 pm by Black Bull Nova »
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #646 on: April 4, 2024, 01:26:33 pm »

NRL Round 5 off to a great start

Melbourne Storm v Brisbane Broncos

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/[size=2px]HtZ9Jij8_cU[/size]" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/[size=2px]HtZ9Jij8_cU[/size]</a>

https://www.nrl.com/watch/news/storm-v-broncos--round-5-2024-1646510/
« Last Edit: April 4, 2024, 01:39:44 pm by Black Bull Nova »
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #647 on: April 14, 2024, 04:01:20 pm »
Challenge cup, St Helens vs Warrington kickoff 4.30pm live on BBC2 tbose who dont want to watch anymore football.
#Sausages

Offline TheMissionary

• PositionIsSoooooooOrdinary!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's nice, that's McDermott, and that's a goal!!
« Reply #648 on: April 14, 2024, 06:27:52 pm »
Bloody hell, we got battered.  Warrington were excellent but Saints made too many mistakes.  The final will be good whoever gets there, looking forward to it..
TheMissionary
YNWA

Offline Bob Harris

• Main Stander
  • "for relaxing times, make it suntory time"
« Reply #649 on: April 14, 2024, 07:14:49 pm »
Cmon the wire!!!!!!!!!

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #650 on: May 16, 2024, 06:11:21 pm »

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #651 on: May 16, 2024, 06:15:38 pm »
That's filthy. Wouldn't get the Union puddings doing that.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #652 on: May 16, 2024, 07:44:48 pm »
That's filthy. Wouldn't get the Union puddings doing that.

Or the pie eating wools. :D

Different game down there isn’t it?

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #653 on: May 16, 2024, 07:58:09 pm »
Aye, Speed of play in the NRL is a diffrent planet to Super League. About 20 years ago that gap was closing but we love changing the rules and it fucks it up.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #654 on: May 17, 2024, 12:54:08 am »
New Zealand did that to England a few years back, it's not that uncommon in NRL but that NQC might be the best I've seen

Here's NZ v England pass
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUjhDmIeTiY

I'm loving NRL this year, helping to de-Klopp me and get over the last couple of months

aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #655 on: May 17, 2024, 02:13:49 am »
Women's State Of Origin Game 1

Look at this for pure athleticism.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/qrh-GlErtho

All in front of a record 25,492 fans.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #656 on: May 18, 2024, 12:02:33 am »
Aye, Speed of play in the NRL is a diffrent planet to Super League. About 20 years ago that gap was closing but we love changing the rules and it fucks it up.
That said, it's a lad from Dewsbury that topped the try scorers in NRL last year, this was him last week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3Rkzb1Hmgs
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #657 on: June 2, 2024, 06:21:24 pm »
RIP Rob Burrow. What an inspiration he was.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #658 on: June 2, 2024, 06:23:36 pm »
RIP

What a man, what a legend.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #659 on: June 2, 2024, 06:25:55 pm »

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #660 on: June 2, 2024, 11:05:01 pm »
RIP Rob.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #661 on: June 3, 2024, 12:01:12 am »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/S-7tPTdECSY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/S-7tPTdECSY</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/69ER8JdfMNY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/69ER8JdfMNY</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/bbqx-bpJzgo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/bbqx-bpJzgo</a>
« Last Edit: June 3, 2024, 12:03:52 am by Black Bull Nova »
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #662 on: June 3, 2024, 05:49:04 am »
Horrible to see what MND does to people. Kevin Sinfield is an outstanding man. Hope he gets all the titles he deserves in the not too distant future.

Online Saltashscouse

• Legacy Fan
  • Born and bred to support the Reds
« Reply #663 on: June 3, 2024, 11:31:26 am »
RIP Rob Burrow , a true legend. You were brave to the end Rob  :'(
Jan Molby once bought me a pint 🍺

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #664 on: June 7, 2024, 10:53:44 am »
Junior Nsemba, Rigobert Songs 6 foot 5 inch beast of a nephew plays for Wigan against Warrington in the Challenge Cup final (Kick off 3.07pm tomorrow, saturday)

Still want Warrington to win despite the fact I'd prefer they both lost
St.Helens v Leeds in the Women's final also and the 1895 cup final as well, should be a decent crowd but I still think it's time it came back up North (Anfield preferably)
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #665 on: June 7, 2024, 03:01:14 pm »
Junior Nsemba, Rigobert Songs 6 foot 5 inch beast of a nephew plays for Wigan against Warrington in the Challenge Cup final (Kick off 3.07pm tomorrow, saturday)

Still want Warrington to win despite the fact I'd prefer they both lost
St.Helens v Leeds in the Women's final also and the 1895 cup final as well, should be a decent crowd but I still think it's time it came back up North (Anfield preferably)

Nsemba is going to be some player (he's pretty decent already, aged only 19).

I'm at Wemberly tomorrow, supporting the Cherry & Whites. Should be a close game, and either side could win it on the day.  IF Wigan play to their best, they SHOULD win, but if they drop off, give away too many penalties, then it could be a very tough match.  Keighran the only big miss really, from his stupid red card last week (stupid by him, it was definitely a red card offence).  Not sure if Peet will put Eckersley in the side in his place, or do something funky to get both  Farrell and Walters on the pitch at the same time.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #666 on: June 8, 2024, 12:33:17 am »
Nsemba is going to be some player (he's pretty decent already, aged only 19).

I'm at Wemberly tomorrow, supporting the Cherry & Whites. Should be a close game, and either side could win it on the day.  IF Wigan play to their best, they SHOULD win, but if they drop off, give away too many penalties, then it could be a very tough match.  Keighran the only big miss really, from his stupid red card last week (stupid by him, it was definitely a red card offence).  Not sure if Peet will put Eckersley in the side in his place, or do something funky to get both  Farrell and Walters on the pitch at the same time.
It's a decent game for the neutral, I think Burgess being in charge has changed the psychology of the Wolves, no doubt Wigan are the better team but I'm guessing it will be far closer than the recent league which is what we want really (especially the neutrals), anything like last year would be great please.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline liversaint

• Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #667 on: June 8, 2024, 06:34:46 am »
Great gesture to change KO to 3.07, sure it will be a bit dusty around that time.

Good to see the disciplinary do its job after not banning Smith for the WCC, both were idiotic and have paid the price.

In a game where I,d ideally want both to lose, Wire just shade it for the win for me as I’ve got a couple of W*gan supporting mates who take losing really badly and I can rip them mercilessly for weeks to come.

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #668 on: June 8, 2024, 12:52:35 pm »
Seems a bit silly having this and the union final on at the same time. I don’t watch much League, but tend to watch the big finals so disappointed to not be able to watch. You’d think they’d work together to ensure there is no clash.

Not blaming either side by the way with that.

Pre match Rob Burrows tribute will be emotional
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #669 on: June 8, 2024, 01:57:19 pm »
Saints beat Leeds 22-0 to win the women's challenge cup final for the 4th year in a row, Warrington vs Wigan men's challenge cup final in just over an hour.
#Sausages

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #670 on: June 8, 2024, 02:00:57 pm »
The crowd will be full of fellas who were sat in the barber's chair when the leccy went.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline whtwht

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #671 on: June 8, 2024, 02:02:08 pm »
Seems a bit silly having this and the union final on at the same time. I don’t watch much League, but tend to watch the big finals so disappointed to not be able to watch. You’d think they’d work together to ensure there is no clash.

Not blaming either side by the way with that.

Pre match Rob Burrows tribute will be emotional

Totally agree. Quiet short sighted but not surprising.
He'll win the league in the next 3 years. Quote me on that.
Quote me on this, but come next season he'll be great for us. Just needs to remove the walking headless chicken next to him

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #672 on: June 8, 2024, 02:03:25 pm »
RFL are a joke of an organisation to be fair. So it's not a suprise.

Offline liversaint

• Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #673 on: June 8, 2024, 05:47:58 pm »
Not for the first time, Warrington anonymous when it matters.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #674 on: June 9, 2024, 01:01:04 am »
Not for the first time, Warrington anonymous when it matters.
They really are the Spurs of Rugby League
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #675 on: June 9, 2024, 05:41:14 am »
RFL are a joke of an organisation to be fair. So it's not a suprise.

The challenge cup is now a joke from what it was once, the original decision to move the final from April/May to end of August to accommodate magic weekend didn't help it's cause, as it was far to near to the end of season & grand final. With the challenge cup final & grand final being 6 weeks apart most decided it was one or the other. You could see from the long shots loads of empty blocks in the upper tier at Wembley which is embarrassing, compared to the RU premiership final at Twickenham at the same time which was sold out.
#Sausages

Offline liversaint

• Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #676 on: June 9, 2024, 06:46:28 am »
The challenge cup is now a joke from what it was once, the original decision to move the final from April/May to end of August to accommodate magic weekend didn't help it's cause, as it was far to near to the end of season & grand final. With the challenge cup final & grand final being 6 weeks apart most decided it was one or the other. You could see from the long shots loads of empty blocks in the upper tier at Wembley which is embarrassing, compared to the RU premiership final at Twickenham at the same time which was sold out.

Yesterday was the biggest attendance since 2017 as well. One of the biggest issues is that the 1000s of neutrals who used to go has dropped dramatically and Wembley is just too big. Add that to the date changes of recent years and that doesn’t help.

Even Wigan and Saints don’t get the numbers travelling anymore they used too and the marketing is terrible compared to the GF.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #677 on: June 9, 2024, 06:52:19 am »
Yesterday was the biggest attendance since 2017 as well. One of the biggest issues is that the 1000s of neutrals who used to go has dropped dramatically and Wembley is just too big. Add that to the date changes of recent years and that doesn’t help.

Even Wigan and Saints don’t get the numbers travelling anymore they used too and the marketing is terrible compared to the GF.

Had a look & attendance was 64.685 which is awful in a 90k stadium, if the RFL insist the challenge cup final in London then should be at either Spurs or Arsenal's stadium, the London stadium was being used for MLB, thinking, hosting it at Spurs stadium would have been perfect for Warrington. ;D
#Sausages

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #678 on: June 9, 2024, 09:49:27 am »
Great day at Wembley, lots of friendly banter bergen the fans, as it should be.

The two yellow cards were ridiculous, neither was a sin-bin and they need to sort that out.

Wigan were far too good. Defensively solid, and the forward dominance put Warrington on the back foot throughout. French and Smith ran the show off the platform set by the forwards, and both wingers did a
hell of a lot of work too.

Great tribute to Rob Burrow as well both before the match, and at the 7-minutes mark (well at the 6 minute mark actually!).

No surprise that the ground wasn't sold out. Tickets aren't cheap, and getting down to London and to Wembley isn't trivial either. I live not far from Leicester and Peterborough, so it was a 1h 40m drive down to Brent Cross, then a bus over to Wembley. That's a trip a neutral isn't going to make lightly. Then there's the cost of the tickets. We got decent tickets about 20 rows back near the 40m line. £70 a pop. For families, that's going to be an expensive day out, especially if you're a "neutral" travelling from the traditional Rugby League heartland. Union at Twickenham is always going to sell out. Lots of fans with a greater disposable income who live closer to the stadium.

If Wigan hadn't been in the final, I wouldn't have gone.
« Last Edit: June 9, 2024, 09:53:30 am by JC the Messiah »
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #679 on: June 9, 2024, 11:45:35 am »
Had a look & attendance was 64.685 which is awful in a 90k stadium, if the RFL insist the challenge cup final in London then should be at either Spurs or Arsenal's stadium, the London stadium was being used for MLB, thinking, hosting it at Spurs stadium would have been perfect for Warrington. ;D

My first Challenge Cup Final was Wigan V Halifax April 1988, attendance was 94,273. If they're only getting 65k now, they need to move it to Old Trafford or Anfield.
Jurgen YNWA